Remove "On behalf of " in header

I have MS outlook 2002, and different email accounts (pop and imap).

When I setup for an IMAP account, I have to fill in a username and mail
address.
Specially when I send a message from address@mydomain any other mail (with
another "from" address) will show the "<sender> on behalf of
<address@mydomain> message.

How can I prevent Outlook to add this text?

The reasen is tha I use a lot of addresses@mydomain.
E.g. a ebay account will have ebay@mydomain. When I get a message from ebay
and reply to it, the message will have the header/from "ebay@mydomain on
behalf of addresses@mydomain" where it should only show the ebay@mydomain
address.

Thanks in advance,

Frank

0
FVe

FVe <F.Ve !AT! veryillegal.planet.nl> wrote:

> I have MS outlook 2002, and different email accounts (pop and imap).
>
> When I setup for an IMAP account, I have to fill in a username and
> mail address.
> Specially when I send a message from address@mydomain any other mail
> (with another "from" address) will show the "<sender> on behalf of
> <address@mydomain> message.
>
> How can I prevent Outlook to add this text?

Use the Accounts button, not the From field, to select the sending address.
--
Brian Tillman
0
> FVe <F.Ve !AT! veryillegal.planet.nl> wrote:
>
>> I have MS outlook 2002, and different email accounts (pop and imap).
>>
>> When I setup for an IMAP account, I have to fill in a username and
>> mail address.
>> Specially when I send a message from address@mydomain any other mail
>> (with another "from" address) will show the "<sender> on behalf of
>> <address@mydomain> message.
>>
>> How can I prevent Outlook to add this text?
>
> Use the Accounts button, not the From field, to select the sending
> address.

I understand, but then I get hundreds of imap accounts in outlook........

Every supplier, subscription to a forum or family, work etc I use different
accounts.
Because its easy to find the source if unwanted mail comes in... and easy to
manage.

Is there no other way in outlook, or shoot I use another mail program?

Thanks in advance,

Frank

0
FVe
11/2/2006 12:07:45 AM
FVe <F.Ve !AT! veryillegal.planet.nl> wrote:

> I understand, but then I get hundreds of imap accounts in
> outlook........
>
> Every supplier, subscription to a forum or family, work etc I use
> different accounts.
> Because its easy to find the source if unwanted mail comes in... and
> easy to manage.
>
> Is there no other way in outlook, or shoot I use another mail program?

The From field is useful only in an Exchange environment, in my opinion.
--
Brian Tillman
0
> FVe <F.Ve !AT! veryillegal.planet.nl> wrote:
>
>> I understand, but then I get hundreds of imap accounts in
>> outlook........ Every supplier, subscription to a forum or family, work
>> etc I use
>> different accounts.
>> Because its easy to find the source if unwanted mail comes in... and
>> easy to manage.
>>
>> Is there no other way in outlook, or shoot I use another mail program?
>
> The From field is useful only in an Exchange environment, in my opinion.

OK, but I don't use exchange....just an imap option.

This means there is no option to solve the problem?

Thanks,

Frank

0
FVe
11/2/2006 7:31:29 PM
FVe <F.Ve !AT! veryillegal.planet.nl> wrote:

> OK, but I don't use exchange....just an imap option.
>
> This means there is no option to solve the problem?

Why would you require hundreds of IMAP accounts in order to accomplish what
you want?  Are you saying that you want to be able to choose from hundreds
of addresses with which to reply to any specific message?
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)
11/3/2006 1:42:17 PM
> FVe <F.Ve !AT! veryillegal.planet.nl> wrote:
>
>> OK, but I don't use exchange....just an imap option.
>>
>> This means there is no option to solve the problem?
>
> Why would you require hundreds of IMAP accounts in order to accomplish
> what you want?  Are you saying that you want to be able to choose from
> hundreds of addresses with which to reply to any specific message?

Ye, in fact I gave the example of the ebay@<mydomain> I could also use
newsgroup@<mydomain> etc etc....
And If I reply to a message coming from newsgroup@<mydomain> I don't want to
give the <private>@<mydomain> adress......
So every place on the internet I use a different mail address.

One of the reasons is spam; if I get too much spam from newsgroup@<mydomain>
(for example!) I can easily remove those messages from my mailbox.
And also: if the header says "on behalf of" sounds If I'm not the original
recipient.
But there are more reasons too (like looking at the "source"of spam - just
look at the address the mail has been send to).
That's why I would like that option.

Frank

0
FVe
11/3/2006 7:45:03 PM
FVe <F.Ve !AT! veryillegal.planet.nl> wrote:

> Ye, in fact I gave the example of the ebay@<mydomain> I could also use
> newsgroup@<mydomain> etc etc....
> And If I reply to a message coming from newsgroup@<mydomain> I don't
> want to give the <private>@<mydomain> adress......
> So every place on the internet I use a different mail address.
>
> One of the reasons is spam; if I get too much spam from
> newsgroup@<mydomain> (for example!) I can easily remove those
> messages from my mailbox.

Why not just use a single dummy address for them all so that even if it gets
out, the junk mail will go nowhere, like mynews@die.spammer.die?

> And also: if the header says "on behalf of" sounds If I'm not the
> original recipient.
> But there are more reasons too (like looking at the "source"of spam -
> just look at the address the mail has been send to).
> That's why I would like that option.

Well, having IMAP accounts for each isn't the way to go.  If you MUST have
unique addresses for each place you visit, set up POP accounts that use a
nonsense POP server and set them for send-only.  You won't have an extra set
of folders for each account.  I'm unsure whether Outlook can handle
"hundreds", though.  I think it's a waste of time.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)
11/4/2006 1:35:59 AM

>> And also: if the header says "on behalf of" sounds If I'm not the
>> original recipient.
>> But there are more reasons too (like looking at the "source"of spam -
>> just look at the address the mail has been send to).
>> That's why I would like that option.
>
> Well, having IMAP accounts for each isn't the way to go.  If you MUST have
> unique addresses for each place you visit, set up POP accounts that use a
> nonsense POP server and set them for send-only.  You won't have an extra
> set of folders for each account.  I'm unsure whether Outlook can handle
> "hundreds", though.  I think it's a waste of time.

A pitty, beause I think it saves me a lot of time.
Looking up databases where I left my mail address, change the subscriptions
(sometimes needed by normal letter), etc in order to change it several times
per year doesn't make sense too.

Pitty Outlook doesn't have the option.

thanks for your reply

Frank

0
FVe
11/4/2006 1:50:20 PM
FVe <F.Ve !AT! veryillegal.planet.nl> wrote:

> Pitty Outlook doesn't have the option.

Pity you don't see I told you how to do it.
--
Brian Tillman
0

How to send email on behalf of somebody else.
I am running Outlook 2003 connected to a 2003 exchange server. I have setup the delagates section in options for the person I want to be able to send out emails for me, how do they create the email on there machine that will look like it comes from me. Tom When they start a new email have them click on the arrow next to the options button and they should see a "From" field, selecting this will put a new field in the email called "From" the user then clicks on the From to choose who they want to send it "From" (you can see that I don't write technical man...

Windows 2003: Issue user certificate on behalf of a user
Hi there, I'm working on an application where we are going to use User Principal Name Mapping (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb742438.aspx) to map incoming requests on our application to windows accounts. From what I understand, this will require user certificates issued by a CA within the domain. I've got a test Windows 2003 R2 domain up and running and have the CA running as well. What I can't figure out is how to issue a certificate for a user without logging in as that user and using the web enrollment app. Is there any way for a domai...

You do not have the permission to send the message on behalf of the specified user.
We had a 5.5 site and installed a Exchange 2003 running on a Windows 2003 server into the site, we moved all mailboxes and public folders and deleted the 5.5 server. We have now experienced 2 problems. 1. OAB will not generate on any clients and it seems that we have to reset the permissions on our site folders. Just mention this incase the solution is the same. 2. This behavior occurs when a user has a common mailbox opened into his own. On common mailboxes some users (users or mailboxes created after 2003 was introduced.) cannot send mail. By default the 'From' field is prefilled ...

Send on Behalf of error message.....
Can someone tell me what the registry key is to supress the Send on Behalf of warning message in Outlook 2000. Not sure what you mean. What kind of mail accounts? Using Exchange server, with delegates? If users need the right to send mail from someone else, they need Send As rights (set on the Exchange server itself), not Send on Behalf of (which will trump the Send As rights). Cory wrote: > Can someone tell me what the registry key is to supress > the Send on Behalf of warning message in Outlook 2000. ...

send on behalf of #2
When our user's are granted "Send on behalf of" messages, suddenly the attachment which show "sent on behalf of" no longer appears. We are running Exchange 2000 SP3 and the clients are running Outlook 2000 SP3. It was working fine and disappeared. When the users attempt to send a message on behalf of, they put the user's name in the from field (ie Joe Blow). When the message is received on the other end it show it directly coming (ie Paul Blow) and not sent on behalf of Paul Blow by Joe Blow. Anybody have any ideas about how to restore it? ...

Disable Error sending email on behalf of user
When trying to send an email from our ERP system I get an error. A program is trying to send e-mail on your behalf. How do I disable this??? See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/sec.htm for your options with regard to = the "object model guard" security in Outlook 2000 SP2 and later = versions.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 &q...

Send on behalf of #2
I have a user that when he sends internet mail, it says he is sending on behalf of himself. If I remove the exchange service from his profile, his internet mail works fine. I have the same config for the other users, this is the only one that does this. Please help! -- Rich Hall Hello, check this out: 327000 HOW TO: Grant "Send As" and "Send on Behalf" Permissions in Exchange 2000 Server http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327000/EN-US/ -- Mit freundlichen Gr�ssen / with kind regards Roger Wassner "POP3 f�r Server FAQ" online! http://www.asp-partner....

Problem getting rid of "on behalf of name" in the from field
I have an unusual problem... I work for a company that is actually two companies in one. Manufacturing company that makes two different products so as to have two different names. We use Outlook 2000 and our mail is hosted by our ISP (who use a Linux mail server). We have two different email accounts abc@abc.com and xyz@xyz.com . When we go to send email (abc.com being the default account) and we chose the from field and chose xyz@xyz.com the email goes out to the recipient as abc@abc.com on behalf of xyz@xyz.com .. We can not have this because they are two separate companies. It is OK for...

send on behalf of #6
I recently upgraded all of my client's in the office to Office 2003 from Office 2000. Now, when a user that has access to a Support mailbox sends an email from the Support mailbox, it sends it saying something like this: From: Support (on behalf of Andre...) That never happened in Office 2000. It just used to say: From: Support So far, I've been unable to find a fix for this, including in the KB. I'm sure this has to be a setting somewhere - does anyone know where? My Exchange Server is 2000. Thanks, Andre Send As permissions can only be set in Active Directory Users an...

Send on behalf of #4
How do I make it look like a send on behalf message look like it really came from the person that it is being sent on behalf of Unfortunately it is not possible to make the "Send on behalf of" look like it came directly from that person. This is by design because it keeps people from sending e-mail from another persons account without the receipient know who actually sent the mail. I hope this information is helpful. Robert Findlay Partner Technical Lead -- Outlook/Office Setup Microsoft Technical Support for Platforms and Business Applications -------------------- >C...

Send on Behalf of #3
We're using Outlook 2002 with Exchange 5.5. I've setup the delegates and permissions correctly in order to send on behalf. The problem I'm having is that when the recipient receives the message, it doesn't state anywhere that the message was "Sent on Behalf of". Am I missing a setting somewhere? So close....yet so far away. Michael ...

Send on behalf of ?
Hi Isn't it possible to send a quick campagin on behalf of another person in CRM 4.0 ?? We tried giving the rights send on behalf of in CRM and we assigned the campaign to another user. It seemed ok, there stood the other persons name in "from" but the users use Outlook to send mail and the recieved mail was from the user creating the campaign and not the one it should be ?? /Jack ...

How delegate send mail on behalf of manager
Dear sir, I'm working with EXCHANGE 5.5/outlook 2000, my manager delegate his inbox to me, how can I send mail on behalf of him? Thank your prompt response! You can use the "From" field for that when addressing an e-mail. If it's not visible use View-> From Field -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "zhenzhu_jiang" <zhenzhu_jiang@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:29cb01c47e02$74259170$a401280a@phx.gbl... > De...

Sending Messages on Behalf of another User
Is there a way to just sent a message on behalf of another users on your domain (in your company)? I don't want to have to go through the process of sharing eveyone's Email, I just want some users to be able to send an Email and it look like it's coming from another user. That way when the customer responds to the message it goes back to the original person, not the person who sent it. Nathan Goldberg wrote on Mon, 08 December 2008 18:56 > Is there a way to just sent a message on behalf of another users on your > domain (in your company)? I don't want to have to...

johndoe@domain.com On Behalf Of johndoe@domain.com weird reply in email
This is a problem I have now and then. I send an e-mail and the party replies. But all I get is the fact that they are replying with this From address. I get my message back in the body. From the two senders I can recall, they seem to use Lotus notes and one has an AS 400. If this is happening only when they reply (and you aren't johndoe@domain.com) it's their issue, not yours. Bret wrote: > This is a problem I have now and then. I send an e-mail and the party > replies. But all I get is the fact that they are replying with this > From address. I get my message back...

send on behalf of but reply do different address?
Hi a colleague wants to send out an email-shot on behalf of her Manager but get the replies back to her own address, we are using Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. Does anyone know if this is possible please? Thanks Yes. Look on the Options dialog when composing a new message - use the send replies to field. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Out...

Send On Behalf Of #5
I have added another mailbox to my folder list and I am able to send messages from that mailbox withough it being flagged as "Sent On Behalf Of". Another user wants to do the same with another mailbox and we can't get it set up the same way. Whenever she sends an email it always shows up as "sent on behalf of" but we don't want it to do that just like my secondary mailbox. How can we accomplish this? Jack You can't control this from within Outlook. It is being controlled on the user object from within Active Directory Users & Computers -- Roady [...

Decline on Behalf of another
I have a user who was invited to a Meeting along with a few others. He declined the meeting but the message Outlook sent to the Meeting planner was that He was declining on behalf of one of the other invitees. He is not a delegate for the other person and has no authority to her calendar. We are using Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. Does anyone have any idea what would cause this kind of erroneous reply. Thnaks. -- Peter J. Schwartz ...

Remove "On behalf of " in header
I have MS outlook 2002, and different email accounts (pop and imap). When I setup for an IMAP account, I have to fill in a username and mail address. Specially when I send a message from address@mydomain any other mail (with another "from" address) will show the "<sender> on behalf of <address@mydomain> message. How can I prevent Outlook to add this text? The reasen is tha I use a lot of addresses@mydomain. E.g. a ebay account will have ebay@mydomain. When I get a message from ebay and reply to it, the message will have the header/from "ebay@mydomain on ...

create rule to copy sent items sent on behalf of delegate
We have a few support accounts where delegates have permission to send on behalf of this account. The Sent items will appear in the "Sent folder" of the delegate instead of account owner; apparently this is by design. This is a problem for us, though, because other delegates of the account can't see what has been sent on behalf of the account, i.e., User A does not know the support emails sent by User B on behalf of support@company.com. KB317865 supplies a solution by way of copying all the items in the Delegates Sent Folder to the account owners Sent Folder. I would like to know...

send on behalf of #3
I have a user that opens additional email boxes, I have granted the user full access to the other mailboxes and send on behalf of rights. They can't forward email from those other mailboxes. Anything I am missing? http://www.exchangeinbox.com/articles/018/mailboxrights.htm "Brandon Baker" <brandon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:eJLMldmLGHA.3856@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >I have a user that opens additional email boxes, I have granted the user >full access to the other mailboxes and send on behalf of rights. They can't >forward email fr...

Send on behalf of message
Hi, In my organisation we are running Windows 2000 PCs with Office 2000. Our mail server is Exchange 5.5. Many of our users use the Send On Behalf of permission which works fine. However, with some of our users in the FROM field of the emails they send on behalf of someone it does actually give a message stating this. For example: "From: Curtis Fray on behalf of Jimmy White". What I can't figure out is how to force the From field to always display like this. There are some users who when they send a message on behalf of some one, the From field simply shows the name of the user...

Accept invitaion "on behalf of ..." Can this b done?????
HI all I have win xppro and exc2003. The GM's secretary asks me a question which i do not know the answer to. She wants to know if she can accept a invitation of behalf of the GM which is on honeymoon at the moment. Can this be done and how do i do this? thanks for the help On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 12:39:04 +0200, "Express" <no-mail@newsgroups.com> wrote: >HI all > >I have win xppro and exc2003. The GM's secretary asks me a question which i >do not know the answer to. She wants to know if she can accept a invitation >of behalf of the GM which is on...

Send on behalf of user?
We recently moved to 2003 exchange and now when a user sends as another user the email says " this was sent on behalf of" We found that it does not happen if you are a member of the domain admins group. Why did this change with the move to 2003 and how do we do it so it 100% looks like the original sender. 1. Using Active Directory Users & Computers, switch to Advanced View (View menu -> Avanced View) 2. Double-click the user you want to send as (not send on belhalf), go to the Security tab, click Advanced add "Send As" permission to the user you want to deleg...

removing delegates name from Sent On Behalf Of within outlook,
Hi can anyone tell me how to remove the delgates name when sending a mail on behalf of a generic email account ? . I would really appreciate the advise as having the delegates name displayed causes conflict in the work place You cannot do this with "Send On Behalf Of" permissions. The Exchange admin will have to set "Send As" permissions for those users on the AD object that holds the mailbox. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http...