Remove from server when deleted from 'Deleted Items' - Archiving?

I currently have Outlook 2003 set up to leave copies of my emails on
various POP servers after downloading, but to delete those copies after
a "hard" delete has taken place on my Outlook client.  I just set up
archiving of a few bloated folders (including my Deleted Items folder)
and am trying to find out if there is any way to permanently delete the
messages from my POP server that have been archived (to an external
HD).

Lots of searching, no messages on this topic found - any help?

Thanks a lot!

0
mralles (1)

mralles@gmail.com <mralles@gmail.com> wrote:

> I currently have Outlook 2003 set up to leave copies of my emails on
> various POP servers after downloading, but to delete those copies
> after a "hard" delete has taken place on my Outlook client.  I just
> set up archiving of a few bloated folders (including my Deleted Items
> folder) and am trying to find out if there is any way to permanently
> delete the messages from my POP server that have been archived (to an
> external HD).

I don't think so.  Unless they go through the Deleted Items folder, Outlook
does not tell the server they're no longer in the main message store.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)

No Labels for Assembly Items = Completely Unacceptable
The longer I use RMS, the more this bothers me. The Label Wizard even offers an Item Selection criteria option for Assembly Items. The trouble is that it doesn't work! It's apparent that design intent did exist for printing labels for assembly items. Riddle me this, Microsoft: how long will I wait before I get the functionality you so obviously intended? What is the point of even having an assembly item if I can't print a label for it? I beg you. Please. Pretty please with sugar on top. Give me labels for assembly items!!! My frustration runneth over, Tom -- The wor...

Remove Excel Icon ??

Removal

OWA on separate server ?
Hello, is it posible to deploy exchange 2003 sp2 on two server. That second one will carry OWA (and those web stuff). We gonna buy a separate web server and i thought that it would be nice to get owa on that server. TIA Absolutely. It is called a Front End / Back End Topology. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/febetop.mspx "guzzi" <guzzi@_DOT_yandex.ru> wrote in message news:%23$6x6HWVGHA.124@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > is it posible to deploy exchange 2003 sp2 on two server. That second one > will carry OWA (and ...

Configuring exchange 5.5 behind ISA server
I am trying to implement exchange 5.5 behind a ISA server but could not get any information on how to go about.I don't know if this is actualy possible but if it is, please help me with the necessary information.Thanks for your help. Olumide I don't believe that the version of Exchange matters. In ISA, you have options to securely publish a mail server. All that does is create rulesets that SMTP, IMAP, POP3, etc. traffic get forwarded to a specific IP on the inside. There are plenty of documents on how to publish Exchange behind an ISA server over at http://isaserver.org....

Remove lines with +++

server-requested client action message
This message comes up on a clients computer with Outlook 2002 sp3 every time it's opened. Tried a lot of different things including Outlook profile removal, reinstalled Outlook and creating a rule and deleting it hoping it would reset. Thanks. In news:%23boIuP6GGHA.3532@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl, MCSA-M <kbenator@gmail.com> typed: > This message comes up on a clients computer with Outlook 2002 sp3 > every time it's opened. Tried a lot of different things including > Outlook profile removal, reinstalled Outlook and creating a rule and > deleting it hoping it would...

How to Remove SRS

remove Fax from address book?

IMF global settings affect all servers
How can individual server UCE and SCL configurations be set to bypass the global setting? I’ve heard (TechEd?) this can be done in the registry on selective Exchange servers by I’m unable to find references to this. TIA Never heard such a thing is possible (despite working with IMF every day). cheers, Alexander Zammit WinDeveloper Software IMF Tune - Unleash the Full Intelligent Message Filter Power http://www.windeveloper.com/imftune/ "Jim2007" <Jim2007@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0BD2481B-5097-4617-9604-0D34A57CA2F3@microsoft.com... > How can ...

Not found error 204: item not in database
I created a work order for a customer and every time I bring it up , I get "Not found error 204: item not in database". then the work order comes up. I was wondering what is up with this? brent hi seems this error. the item which you used in work order has been deleted. Please check the printed work order and then go to store manager and find that it exists. Also "Brent" wrote: > I created a work order for a customer and every time I bring it up , I get > "Not found error 204: item not in database". then the work order comes up. > I was ...

prnmngr vs delete all network printers
Hi, I wish to use PRNMNGR.VBS script file to install my network printers but before installing those printers, I need to delete all previous installed printers. Is it possible to delete all already installed printers in one command line with PRNMNGR.VBS script ? Thanks. Just a little thing I forgot: Delete all NETWORK printers... Thanks. "Normand" <nhudon@noreply.ca> a �crit dans le message de groupe de discussion : uvD4MyItKHA.4752@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I wish to use PRNMNGR.VBS script file to install my network printers but > before...

Removing an item from menu

Need to remove selected characters

Mailbox recovery in exchange 2000 server
I have backed up my information store which has a mailboxstore in which my mailbox exits in one exchange server. I need to restore this mailbox to another exchange server in another forest . Can anybody provide step by step procedure to recover my mail box store into another exchange server in another forest . I have named the other exch srvr with same org name , admin grp , storage grp and mailbox store but restore does not seems to happen as my server names are different. reply thnks Hi Chicago it's probably because the name of the mailbox store and the name of the pulic store d...

Remove deduction code from payroll stub

How to Remove Yahoo toolbar

How do I force Outlook 2007 to connect to the server?
I am running Outlook 2007 and am on a trip connected to the internet in the hotel and to my company's network via VPN. When i open Outlook, it shows that it is working offline and I cannot find a way to change it. I've checked the email settings and it seems to find the server just fine, but will not change from being "offline." WTF? Within OL, File>Offline? "Tom S." <Tom S.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F8EEB36-AB95-48BE-B1C1-2AFFEBF44B3D@microsoft.com... >I am running Outlook 2007 and am on a trip connected to the internet...

connecting exchange servers in different forests...
hi, my company is in four different locations and we have @test.com, @mail.test.com, @downloads.test.com all are windows 2000 AD and windows 2003 exchanger servers. All these domains are in different forests and different exchange organisations. now my company want a common mail extension like @test.com to all the users for all these domain in different forests. Pls help me.. Why do they want a single email domain and still have separate AD domain forests. This is not a good plan. I would look at integrating all the Windows domains into one forest if they are serious about this. Exchan...

Removing password protection on a sheet

Classwizard deletes files!!!?!
Hello All, When I edit my class in the classwizard(add message handlers, add/remove controls), the classwizard will often delete the .cpp class I have been using. I don't have a choice but to run a batch file to back up the whole C++ project before I use classwizard! Once I got an error stating the temp file could not be copied to the .CPP file I was working on so I assume the classwizard has trouble coping the file back to the environment after it edited the copy. Can anyone tell me how to get around this annoying problem? Regards, Chris H ...

Uninstalling exchange server 2000
I want to uninstall exchange server 2000 from my windows 2003 server but I received a message that I need to move users to a mailbox store on a different server or be mail disabled before uninstalling the server. I am new to exchange server. Please help. If the Exchange 2000 you can not remove a server if it has mailboxes still on it. You need to move these mailboxes to another Exchange server if you have one or delete them. Go to AD and do a find, change the find to Exchange Recipients in the box at the top and tick only Users with Exchange mailbox, then click on the storage tab and c...