remove Fax from address book?

Is there a way to stop showing Fax in the address book?

I have a lot of fax numbers in my Contacts. I do not want to loose them -
just not show them in the Address Book.

thx

0
sage.grp (13)

Outlook considers fax numbers to be valid electronic addresses, since there
are many client- and server-based components that can use such addresses.

One method to hide fax numbers from the address book is to prefix the fax
number with one or more letters (maybe B for business fax, H for home, O for
other). If the fax number begins with a letter, Outlook won't show it in the
address book.

There are a couple of techniques or utilities that can help you hide fax
numbers from the
address book. See:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/305361/en-us
http://www.rsoutlook.com/us/rshifa.htm
http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook_Solutions.htm (Hide Fax Numbers)
http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/toolbox/

Another way to avoid having fax numbers appear in the address book is
simply not to enter data in the fax fields. Put fax numbers in some other
(non-phone) fields.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"John D Leonard -- Sage" <sage.grp@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Is there a way to stop showing Fax in the address book?
>
> I have a lot of fax numbers in my Contacts. I do not want to loose them -
> just not show them in the Address Book.
>
> thx

0
russval1 (2100)
12/23/2007 3:52:07 PM
Thx all - found my  own answer.

By putting in a letter, as the first character of the fax number, eliminates
showing it.

I put "fax" in and all shows perfectly.

"John D Leonard -- Sage" <sage.grp@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Is there a way to stop showing Fax in the address book?
>
> I have a lot of fax numbers in my Contacts. I do not want to loose them -
> just not show them in the Address Book.
>
> thx

0
sage.grp (13)

http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/nofax.htm

--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller

Distribution list without e-mail address
I run an Exchange 2003 Enterprise server for a family owned corporation. Most of the executives are family members. We have maintained a distribution list in the GAL with the e-mail addresses of all family members, both in-house and external. The main purpose of the list is for ease of sending out important family news to the entire family in one fell-swoop. The problem with this, is that because this is a family owned business, many things go one that would not be tolerated in a public corporation. One of the main problems I have is that I am not allowed to police what users do with ...

Remove Excel Icon ??

All Address Lists -- Exchange 2003
I have created new address lists in Exchange 2003 under Exchange System Manager | Recipients | All address Lists. Is there a way to prevent a user from seeing the address list name in their Outlook client? For example, I have an address list called "Confidential Email Addresses", and so far I have been able to figure out how to set permissions so specific users cannot see the contents of the address list. However, these same users can still see the heading or name of the address list. I am trying to prevent questions as to why users can see an address list heading but ...

Removal

Remove lines with +++

How to Remove SRS

remove Fax from address book?

Removing an item from menu

Need to remove selected characters

Want Access database to appear as Outlook Address Book 05-04-07
We have an existing database which we work with and maintain daily. It contains email addresses. Is there a simple way for Outlook to use it as an address book while allowing us to continue using the database normally? Outlook has a 128 character GUID (Globally Unique IDentifier) which, if stored in an Access table can be used as a link to connect an Outlook record, you an Access record. Ask how to write it to an Access table in an Outlook newsgroup. I only have code which works with an Exchange Server. Have a look: Private Sub cmdOutlook_Click() Dim olApp As Object Dim ns...

Remove deduction code from payroll stub

email addresses #9
Can I automatically add new incoming or outgoing email addresses to address book R click the address > Add to Contacts... -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "rilo52" <rilo52@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:742502FE-82BA-4BDF-9E1F-37A81F7C3D22@microsoft.com... > Can I automatically add new incoming or outgoing email addresses to > address > book only with an addin or by right clicking on the message and adding it - see http://www.slipstick.com/addins/contacts.htm for addins that can do it. Note that it's generally better to add the ones you...

How to Remove Yahoo toolbar

Removing password protection on a sheet

Adding and removing removable drives

Autocomplete names and e-mail addresses
I'm trying to invoke the e-mail address autocomplete feature with no luck. In Tools/Options/E-mail Options/Advanced E-mail Options, in the "When sending a message" section, I've got a check next to "Suggest names when completing To, Cc, Bcc fields"...but when I type a name in the "To" box, nothing happens. If I type a letter and then click the "To" button, the name will complete AND the Select Names dialog box appears. I don't think this is the way it's supposed to work. Any suggestions? AutoComplete in Outlook 2002 and later w...

Remove & Reinstall Outlook 2003
Outlook 2003 came bundled in Microsoft Office XP Professional on my new computer. Can anyone tell me how to remove and reinstall Outlook 2003? Thanks. J J Kendel <jkendel2002@yahoo.com> wrote: > Outlook 2003 came bundled in Microsoft Office XP > Professional on my new computer. Really? 2003? Office XP typically includes Outlook 2002. >Can anyone tell me how to remove and reinstall Outlook >2003? Go to Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs. Find Office and click "Change". Remove the Outlook part. Reboot. Go back to that point and add it back in again. -...

Source IP Address of Email
Can't figure out how to get the source IP address of the computer an email was sent from. The email was sent within the company, from an internal machine, so in the headers all I get is: .... X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft Exchange V6.5.6944.0 Received: by mail.company.com id <01C57525.09352127@mail.company.com>; Thu, 17 Feb 2005 11:15:26 -0800 MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; .... And the message tracking tool in the system manager is no help either. Thanks. You can't. Internal e-mail typically does not contain header information. You also won't see it ...

DN different from O/R address problem
Hey all, I have a situation in which I have an Exchange server getting mail from an external, non-exchnage x.400-88 MTA which is configured to send a journal message to a user. In the situation the DN and x.400-88 O/R cn and s fields do not match. I think that the x.400 O/R address should take precedence over the DN but I cannot find proof of that, that is to say that the mail should get delivered to the x.400 O/R addressee regeardless of the DN/x.400 O/R mis-match. Any thoughts? Documentation help? Points in the right direction? Witch-doctoresque magic? Thanks !! "artie_effim" &l...

how to remove print option in a particular excel file
how to remove print option in a particular excel file You can do this Copy this event in the Thisworkbook module Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Cancel = True End Sub If you want to remove the print icon post back -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "excel" <excel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7859E37-2534-4E83-8F71-B9C3CF5C37BA@microsoft.com... > how to remove print option in a particular excel file ...

Removing Synchronised Contacts
We've a number of client pcs that have been installed with the Outlook Client pointing to a user acceptance test (UAT) system. The Outlook client has synchronized CRM contacts into their Outlook Contacts folder. How can we remove the UAT contacts? I tried to do a Find in Outlook to find the CRM specific contacts, but you don't seem to be able to find the CRM user defined fields? Strange. Any thoughts? You can see the custom CRM fields on an contact view. Choose a contact view that lists the records in a table form, such as 'Phone List'. Then, choose to customize ...