Remotely Viewing Outlook Profiles

I ran into a scenario where knowing the Outlook Profile configuration
was useful, ensuring the customer did not have a POP3 configuration for
their account in addition to their Exchange account (there by
generating duplicate emails).

After some research I found that it is possible to review a section of
the customer's registry for all the stored profile information.

The location in the registry on the customer's machine:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows
Messaging Subsystem\Profiles

When accessing this section remotely it will be in the form/path
similar to:
"HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-945540591-4024260831-3861152641-40215\Software\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles" ,each friendly
named profile will have a listing here.

Once you have expanded the respective profile there will be a subkey of
"9375CFF0413111d3B88A00104B2A6676" , this is where the individual
accounts/services have their configuration information stored. Once you
are at the top of this tree, it is best to do a search on the term
"POP3 Server". Double-click on the entry to view the Value Data, the
Server name will be listed in plain English to the right of the hex
data.

0
stevesig (1)

Frequent ExchSrvr restarts needed for remote users
Hello all – I have a mob of disenchanted users about to lynch me because of a problem that I cannot get to the bottom of. I recently migrated Exchange 5.5 to 2K3, consolidating three sites in the process. Now we have one Exchange Server at headquarters that hosts all mailboxes and public folders. The problem is with the users at the remote sites. Approximately every three business days, I have to restart the Exch Srvr, because over the space of a few hours, many users at the remotes sites are unable to connect to it. (“Trying to connect..” in the Outlook status bar). Only a resta...

Cannot see all mails in Exchange folder from Outlook 2003/2007 on one computer
I have a problem with one folder in Outlook on one machine. After a certain date (irrelevant, but it is 18th october 2006), no mails can be seen in one folder. If I check from OWA it works fine. I see new emails. I tried to upgrade to Outlook 2007 as well and it works just as bad. I have tried to uninstall and re-install as well. Is there some way to get rid of all settings in Outloo? I have tried to switch over from cached mode to non-cached mode and back, but it doesn't work either in cached or non-cached mode. I tried to delete the ..ost-file while in non-cached mode as well. It wasn&#...

outlook express 5 to outlook
I use Outlook Express 5. The email server is http. I want to use Outlook 2000. If possible, how do I export settings and mail/address book from Outlook Express to Outlook 2000. The http server seems to be my problem. ...

Excel macro to create e-mail in Outlook Web Access
Hi, Where I work they've changed from Outlook 2003 to Outlook Web Access. At the end of each day I send a report by e-mail to several other people in the organisation. To date I've used a macro in Excel that takes figures from a worksheet and creates an e-mail in Outlook. If I'm logged in to Outlook Web Access, can I still get an Excel macro to create an e-mail message? Thanks, DL ...

XP PRO 2003/Outlook send/receive
Whatever setting I use I cannot get Outlook to send/receive at my choice of intervals. In fact I seem to mostly F9. to check..... It seems to have started doing this since I had a wireless router installed. I want it to check every 5 minutes but it will not do it. I have repaired the Office Suite to no effect. On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 10:14:10 -1000, gracenote <nospam@mydomain.com> wrote: > Whatever setting I use I cannot get Outlook to send/receive at my > choice of intervals. In fact I seem to mostly F9. to check..... > > It seems to have started doing this since I had a w...

Compacting remotely?
Hello All I have an access97 backend mdb, which I would like to compact/repair automatically overnight. Is it possible to leave a separate mdb open that would open the backend mdb, compact it, then close it again? I'm sure this can be done because I think I've read something about it somewhere: but I can't remember how - or where! Hope someone can help. Thanks Leslie Isaacs well you could schedule it with windows. take a look at Albert Kallal's solution here: http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/BatchJobs/Index.html change the code to compact the database... -- M...

Invalid ArgumentDo message when sending an email from CRM outlook
Hi there, The following scenario, a CRM email is created within Outlook. The value of from field is replaced by an other CRM contact, in this case Sales@......., the on behalf setting is made. When hitting the send button the following error occurs: Invalid Argument. Do you want to send the e-mail? if you Click Yes, the e-mail will be sent out, but no corresponding activity will be created in Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Thanks, Jean-Paul I have a client with the same issue. I have been working with Microsoft on it but nothing yet. This client is using 4.0, outlook 2003, not using t...

Outlook 2007 crashes
Outlook 2007 crashes whenever i got new email into Inbox. I am running Windows XP SP2, Mcafee 8.0 When reported error to Microsoft, it says error causing by Mcafee and there is no solution. Any help? TIA If you are a home user, you can download the free AVG Anti-virus to your desktop. http://free.grisoft.com Uninstall McAfee. Install AVG. Update AVG. Relax and enjoy. "Rao" <vkantamneni@gmail.com> wrote in message news:epfkU1wZHHA.4684@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Outlook 2007 crashes whenever i got new email into Inbox. I am running > Windows XP SP2, Mcafee 8.0 &...

Auto email fill-in, Outlook Express does it
Hi Everyone, I'd like to start by saying thank for you taking the time to read this and offer any help. I just converted from Outlook Express 6 to Outlook 2000. Outlook Express 6 used to automatically fill in the potential email address that I was typing in after I typed the first few letters. With Outlook, I have to type in the full name or email address of the person - or click on To. I would like Outlook to work like Outlook Express did and just pop the email address in there and I could hit enter to select it. Is this possible?? It's such a minor change, but it'...

Remote Active Sync
Hello, I just upgraded to Exchange 2003 Server and I have no idea how to setup Mobile Access. I would like to sync my pocket pc remotely. Does anyone know where I can get step by step instructions on how to do this? Thanks, Jose ...

Difficulty in pulling email into Outlook from Outlook Web Access
I want to be able to send/receive e-mail locally in Outlook. In trying to setup my e-mail account with my local Outlook, I am unable to connect to my Outlook Web Access server to check the username or connect to the server. I have tried both http setup in Outlook and exchange server setup via the Control Panel>Mail. When trying to set it up as "http" Outlook -hangs- when connecting and eventually comes back with the message that it is unable to connect to the server and is going offline. When setting it up as an Exchange account, I get an Outlook Error message that says...

Create views within a form?
Hi, Is there a 3rd party product will allow I create views within a form? I am trying to create a product page under the accounts page. I prefer the page looks like a view which has columes with titles on top. The current fefult customization in CRM only alow I add tab under the account tab, and only 2 objects per row within the form. I need to create the product page has a few columes. Thanks, create a custom page using asp.net and the SDK "Mike Ling" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:OIW3%23utHEHA.3968@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, > Is th...

multiple users in Outlook Express
Windows XP Outlook Express 6 Is it possible to allow multiple users (different logins) to access one Identity in Outlook Express 6? I would like all of my family to be able to use the email. We have only 1 email address provided by our ISP. My children as well as myself receive emails. At this point privacy within is not an issue. Thnaks. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x micro...

Can I purchase just Outlook 2007 without the entire office?
I want only Outlook 2007, so that I can synch with my Motorola Q. Will this product work alone? I have the trial version and it seems to work, but it's the trial of the entire office suite. Is there anywhere I can download Outlook instead of getting it mailed to me? I have tried Microsoft but they only offer full suite downloads. Thanks Joey Joey wrote: > I want only Outlook 2007, so that I can synch with my Motorola Q. > Will this product work alone? I have the trial version and it seems > to work, but it's the trial of the entire office suite. Is there > anywhere I ...

sql 2005 views
I am beginning the process of converting a 15 yr old Access db (frontend) into a website application. It might be 15yo but is still very much used today and has gone thru all the updates over time. The back end is sql server 2005. Much in the front end uses sql views. How are views treated in asp.net sqldatasource? As stored proc, view, table, or ??? How are they referred to in a sqldatasource? Same as a stored proc? Any samples/examples/links of using a view? Thanks...John "JohnE" <JohnE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3BC420E-1EFD...

Publisher 2007 -how to view all pages in bottom row of taskbar
I've upgraded from 2003, and now the pages of my webpage listed on the bottom of the Publisher window are all missing (my website pub. document contains 10 pages, which were visible as number rows at the bottom underneath the document within the publisher taskbar frame). I cannot select a page any more. How can I get this page row back? Thank you in advance for your replies. CosmicFaery wrote: > I've upgraded from 2003, and now the pages of my webpage listed on > the bottom of the Publisher window are all missing (my website pub. > document contains 10 pages, which were ...

Outlook Delete folder problems
I can not permenately delete messages from Outlook 2000. I have run the Inbox Repair tool twice and it has found nothing. Where do I go from here? I also am unable to delete messages from my Inbox as well. Thanks, Kim Kim@traveldog.com ...

Outlook 2003 Cache Mode not working
Hello, I have a problem with one of my users using Exchange 2003 Cached mode. He can't see all the mail in his inbox, anything after last friday is not there. However if he uses OWA he can see all his email, if he uses Outlook 2003 not in cached mode he can see all his mail. I tried setting his account up on a different system and get exactly the same problem. We are running Exchange 2000 Ent. Hopefully domebody has seen thjis before and can offer a solution. Many thanks Nick In news:E62A0664-EF57-432B-9877-7E0007D8DE7B@microsoft.com, Nick Nack <NickNack@discussions.microso...

Multiple Views Without Splitter
Hi All, Can you tell me how to create a 2 views of type CViews without splitter? Sample code will be of great Help.. Thanks in Advance, Prash Is this for an MDI or SDI app? Do you want the same view or different views? Why is it that you don't want to use a splitter? Here is one way: m_pView1 and m_pView2 are CWnd * declared in CChildFrame class. BOOL CChildFrame::OnCreateClient(LPCREATESTRUCT lpcs, CCreateContext* pContext) { // default create client will create a view if asked for it if (pContext != NULL && pContext->m_pNewViewClass != NULL) { m_pVi...

Outlook Phantom Conflicts
I am running Outlook XP and have recently discovered some of my appointments are showing up with a conflict where there is no other conflicting appointment. I think there is a phantom appointment showing up that I cannot see for some reason that Outlook is registering as a conflict. How can I trace this down? How can I view where Outlook is seeing the conflict occur? Please reply to medic1529@gmail.com if possible. Thanks. Matthew You can not see where is a conflict, but you can see all entries. Click on view/by category to get a list of all entries. Thomas Quester www.olfolders.de ...

product search view
hey all when you search for a product it shows all active and inactive products, is it possible to change that so it only shows active products? using advanced find its possible to set a filter to show only active products but doing this everytime when searching for a product is time consuming. ...

Outlook 2007 will not open.
_OUTLOOK_2007_WILL_NOT_OPEN._ I am running Windows 7 and Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007, but Outlook 2007 won�t open. _HISTORY:_ *My apologies in advance for the length of this query.* Since a serious hardware failure I got a new hard disc and reinstalled Office and Outlook was fine. :) About 1 month later Windows 7 was delivered and I installed it on my newish hard disc. Good bye Office, etc! :( After some hassle getting a new Product Key, I was up and running. :) I had read raves about Microsoft�s Windows Easy Transfer (WET) software. Wet it is! I have now read on t...

Viewing accounts
CRM 4.0 I'm the account admin, how can I view all the accounts assigned to a sales person? I've tried to figure it out but so far haven't been able to find out how. TIA Brian Hi Brian, You may use advanced find feature in CRM to lookup all of the account assigned to a sales person. 1. Click on Advanced Find on the tool bar. 2. Select Account as the entity. 3. Filter on Owner =3D Saleperson Hope this helps. Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe Horwath http://www.crowecrm.com http://msdynamicscrm-e.blogspot.com/ On Dec 28, 4:21=A0pm, "BrianT" <br...@NOSPAM.com&...

Showstopper outlook 2010
As office 2010 is almost ready I would like to address a showstopper with the current RC version of Outlook 2010. I have a mailserver on a linux debian system (postfix/courier) and in the past 15+ years I have used outlook to retrieve pop3 e-mails from this pop3 mailserver and MTA. Never had any problems. But with outlook 2010 I do have problems. I have set LEAVE MESSAGE ON SERVER and DELETER AFTER 10 DAYS in my mail accounts that are read using pop3 by more than 1 people in our organization. So no IMAP just POP3. Outlook retrieves 3.000+ messages the first time and should mark thes...

How do I sort the folders list in Outlook 2002?
I want my Personal folders under my Outlook Today, but they are flipped in the folders list view. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks, Jeff Click (highlight) the folder you want (press left mouse button and hold) then drag/move it where ya want it. >-----Original Message----- >I want my Personal folders under my Outlook Today, but >they are flipped in the folders list view. Does anyone >know how to fix this? > >Thanks, >Jeff >. > >I want my Personal folders under my Outlook Today, but >they are flipped in the folders list view. Folders are pres...