RemoteApp is the solution to share .pst files

RemoteApp in Server 2008 is the solution to share .pst files over in local
network or the internet!  At last, no need for Exchange.

ss.

0
synapse (44)

Alas, still not supported for .psts on a network share.  Use at your own =
risk.

--=20
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading. =20

"Synapse Syndrome" <synapse@NOSPAMsyndrome.me.uk> wrote in message =
RemoteApp in Server 2008 is the solution to share .pst files over in =
local=20
network or the internet!  At last, no need for Exchange.

ss.=20

0
millys2925 (44)
5/18/2008 8:55:38 PM

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Huh?  What do you mean?  It works the same way.

ss.

0
synapse (44)
5/19/2008 1:38:53 AM
And you can't call it sharing either since a pst-file can only be accessed
by 1 outlook.exe session at a time.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<millys@donteventhinkaboutemailingmeatmvp.org> wrote in message
> Alas, still not supported for .psts on a network share.  Use at your own
> risk.
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> reading.
>
> "Synapse Syndrome" <synapse@NOSPAMsyndrome.me.uk> wrote in message
> RemoteApp in Server 2008 is the solution to share .pst files over in local
> network or the internet!  At last, no need for Exchange.
>
> ss.

0
Roady
message news:OOVGjfZuIHA.1220@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> And you can't call it sharing either since a pst-file can only be accessed
> by 1 outlook.exe session at a time.

Yes, it's not sharing it, but it is the solution for people who have always
wanted to.  I can now use my own copy of Outlook on any computer in the
world, without needing Exchange, and it looks exactly like it would if it
was running locally.

ss.

0
synapse (44)

Where to import/place Pst files manually...
Hello - I'm on Win XP Pro sp2 and Outlook 2003 and I'm having to import Outlook 2003 files that have been saved manually onto a CD (meaning the tech guy navigated to where they were stored somewhere in the program folders and copied them from there to a CD). I tried seeing if Outlook 2003 had a "wizard" type way of importing these files but there's nothing to help me import anything from a CD. The file(s) I'm wanting to import manually just says 'Outlook' and has the red/blue/green/yellow 4 squares-type icon. The destination path below shows me ...

Locating saved Excel file
I opened an Excel file which was attached to a hotmail message. I made some changes to the file and clicked on the save icon as I went along. BUT I FORGOT to "save as" and give it a new name and save it into an existing directory....So where on my computer is the file in which I periodically saved my additions/revisions? Using the search function didn't locate it. -- JaneNorris03 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ JaneNorris03's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28835 View this thread: http://w...

Saving to Network Share
Some of my users are having opening and editing a various Excel Spreadsheets on a network drive. After they are done with the file they save it and close out the document. When they reopen the file they discover that no changes have been saved and in the network folder that the spreadsheet is stored there is a unrecognized file with a name like "603CBF20". The problem so far seems isolated to a particular share, i.e. HR. But it has happened to at least 2 users in different folders beneath that share point. Any suggestions? When you save a file, excel will save it as a...

file download problem from paf file in email, plus missing system.ini
hi, if alan edwards is out there anyplace please contact me for help. this is jennifer. shortly after you helped me last, my computer crashed completely. in leaving my email address posted under the discussion board, i got swen from letting my daughter use the computer while away. i had to carry it to the man who made the system(i am disabled), and he had to reload it all, and lost most everything, including your address. i am trying to either re-download a paf file which is a big geneology file, or open the copy on here under my documents. somehow, it still shows under my documents, but...

InfoPath Forms Services not see RemoteApp file associations
I have a MOSS2007/InfoPath Forms Services with a Form Library. The form library is configured Opening browser-enabled documents as "Open in the client application". Works as expected when InfoPath 2007 is installed on the local client. When a RemoteApp (Server 2008 R2) version of InfoPath 2007 is configured on a client, I get an error indicatiing the client app must be installed or a web form must be enabled. The RemoteApp (Server 2008 R2) version of InfoPath 2007 works fine on the client when opening a local .xsn file, or when access file via the network (UNC ...

Open Microsoft Access file
How can I open a microsoft access file located on another server on the network? I am on windows 2003 and the system tells me that it cannot open due to security reasons. Stacey, Check if oyu have write permissions on the network folder. if the Access database has been password-protected, you will have to have the password. HS "Stacey" <Stacey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BCBFFDA-5450-4C8A-A1AA-7205CB5FF0AB@microsoft.com... > How can I open a microsoft access file located on another server on the > network? I am on windows 2003 and the system t...

Revised Query: Suggest some solution
Dear Experts, Consider the following example & provide any best possible formula. In a Working File: --------------------------------------- Column A Column B --------------------------------------- 1 Product Name Sales_Units 2 Product "a" 2220 3 Product "b" 5175 4 Product "c" 395 5 Total Value ?? ==> This is cell 'B5' To get the Total Value, the price for above products are listed in a seprate sheet "Priceli...

share outlook calendar accross xp logins?
I'm using different logins to my xp laptop for work and home, developing environment vs play. I'd like to share all the same outlook settings though. I've accomplished as much with the regular mail accounts via data file management, but i'd need at least the calendar too. contacts and the rest would be pluses, but i'm really shooting for the calendar. -g "gregg durishan" <evilmousse@NOSPAM.hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:A4oYa.67376$7O4.1581693@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com > I'm using different logins to my xp laptop for work and home, > dev...

How can I remove an invalid path for an Access file from a pivot #2
I have an excel pivot table that uses Access as the data source, the file is on the network drive "m" at work. Does anyone know how to change the path of the Access file? The Access file is now on my C drive at home and it won't let me change the path. If you are in Excel, can't you simply goto: Data | Pivot Tables. Click the "get external data" toggle and then follow the prompts to browse for your file? Roger "CLASSC" wrote: > I have an excel pivot table that uses Access as the data source, the file is > on the network drive "m&quo...

Open Multiple files from Open dialog
Hi, How can i select multiple .xls to open & also capture the name of each of those .xls when i invoke the Open dialog from the code ? Currently, i am using the following: 1. File_Open = Application.GetOpenFileName() 2. Workbooks.Open Filename:=File_Open Point 1 enables me to select only ONE file i.e allows to select the filename thru the Open dialog. Point 2 actually opens the file. So, i want to know how i can make the Open dialog allow me to select multiple files & how do i capture the names of the files selected. Any help in this regard is appreciated. Thank You in...

How do I move .pst file?
My .pst file is very large, and I want to move it to another drive. It is at C:\Documents and Settings\My Name\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst [not wrapped of course]. I could move it "manually" but I don't want to confuse Outlook, and I can't find any way to tell Outlook the new location. Microsoft Outlook 2000 SR-1 Internet-only profile. Windows 2000 Version 5.0 build 2195 Service Pack 4. Thanks! On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 13:32:42 -0800, "Robert Cheshire" <abuse@spamme.not> wrote: >My .pst file is very large, and I want ...

Saving a shared worksheet
HI, When a worksheet is setup as shared on the network, and two users have opened this file concurrently, and both are editing the file, who s version will get finally saved? Will the data saved by the user who closes first be lost when the second user saves? Could you someone enlighten on what really a shared workbook means? Thanks Ramesh The whole point of shared workbooks is to save the changes of all simultaneous users. When two user edit the same cell a 'Resolve Conflicts' dialog will appear. You should search in Excel help on 'shared workbook' for more on ...

Convert the Publisher file
Hello, I have just finished creating my catalogue on my computer in Publisher. I have just realized that not many people have Publisher, I was wondering if there was a way for Adobe Acrobat to create a PDF of my catalogue. I have worked so hard on this thing and would love to see it actually get emailed out. Any ideas? Hi Myryummy (Myryummy@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || Hello, I have just finished creating my catalogue on my computer in || Publisher. I have just realized that not many people have || Publisher, I was wondering if there was a way for Adob...

Trouble opening .xls files
I have heaps of .xls files but now Excel has difficulty opening files that have spaces in the file name/path. Example: - If I try to open an xls with the path C:\documents and settings\f arthur\my documents\spread sheet.xls I start recieving the following: - can't find file name "C:\documents" I then retry and recieve can't find filename "C:\documents and" it does this all the way through the spaces till it gets to the file extension .xls and only then opens it. I can't think of anything more to try and have many files to rename without spaces :o( d...

Excel: Backup Copy not same size as File
I have the create backup option checked so excel creates backuup everytime I save. Sometimes (cannot pinpoint when this is caused) when I save file the file is saved. File size is 4 MB. But the backup created is like 200K for this. When I look at the backup file 1 worksheet is missing and remaining everything is present. Any ideas?? Thanks ...

corrupted backup file
I had to wipe my harddrive and after installing money 2003, I tried to restore from my backup. I have several backups, but each time it tells me that the file is corrupted or not a money file. Help! In microsoft.public.money, Matt wrote: >I had to wipe my harddrive and after installing money >2003, I tried to restore from my backup. I have several >backups, but each time it tells me that the file is >corrupted or not a money file. > >Help! Floppies? I would copy each file from the backup floppies to the same directory/folder. This will give you an extra backup a...

HELP ME
What type of file is sent in the confirmation of received or read. Thank you, The responses use TNEF so they can be processed by your outlook. This creates a winmail.dat. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Outlook do you use? http://forums.slipsti...

using IMAP and Outlook to share folders on 5.5 SP4?
I've got a client with 5.5 SP4 who wants to be able to drag an email from his inbox to a shared folder that his assistant can access. The server is outside their network, so can only use IMAP or POP3 I tried opening up port 143 for IMAP and created a new public folder using Outlook. I can see this new folder using Exchange Administrator app. When I drag an email from the Outlook inbox into the new public folder, I get a msg of: Can't move the items. The server responded: REFERRAL imap://userName:AUTH="@server.com/Public/%20Folders/Test] there is no replica for that mailbox o...

how to read Excel 1.0 files
I have an old address book created on a MAC SE with Excel 1. My=20 current Excel in Office 98 says it can't open this version of Excel. = What=20 can I do to open it? About the only thing I've found is to locate someone with XL2.1 or earlier for Mac and a machine to run it on (pre-powerPC, IIRC). In article <1301301c3c0f7$f981bbf0$a601280a@phx.gbl>, "John Macrae" <johnmacrae@club-internet.fr> wrote: > I have an old address book created on a MAC SE with Excel 1. My > current Excel in Office 98 says it can't open this version of Excel. What &g...

Dashboard Solutions
I am curious what enterprise wide dashboard solutions people are using. Can anyone that uses dashboards significantly throughout their orgranization with CRM tell me what they use? I know Business Scorecard Manager is MS's solution, wondering what else people like. -- Thanks, Brian "Brian Hall" <BrianHall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B01B52F2-9D8F-42CD-A535-271DC1A04B81@microsoft.com... Dashboards are an interesting topic especially with regard to CRM. We use and recommend SharePoint for our development of dashboards. Is SharePoint as Dashboar...

Sharing macros and buttons that accompany the macro
I have created macros that I wish to share with my co-workers. Also, I have created custom buttons to accompany those macros. I have been researching how to share these buttons and macros, but to no success. Is there any way I can share custom buttons and macros? I found an export module option in Visual Basic, but am a little hesitant to try importing anything on another person’s computer without knowing it will work. Thanks for any help! If you want to add an option to the worksheet menu bar, I really like the way John Walkenbach does it in his menumaker workbook: http://j-walk.c...

Cannot attach zip files to messages
For some reason, when I open a message window in Outlook 2002, I cannot attach a zip file (or any attachment that has a file extention that starts with the letter z). If I rename the file extention, I can attach the file. I can also send the same attachment if I right click on it and create a new message by selecting the "send to" option. Thoughts? I can't think of anything in Outlook that would do this. Any error messages? Andrew wrote: > For some reason, when I open a message window in Outlook > 2002, I cannot attach a zip file (or any attachment that > has ...

How do I back up my complete "my document" file?
I do not know how to back up my "my documents" file and would appreciate knowing how. Do you have any sort of large writeable media (writeable CDs, DVDs, etc)? If so you could try copying your My Documents folder on to them "Dougal" <Dougal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8DD55FCB-B576-408F-9BFC-B736ABE17CE6@microsoft.com... >I do not know how to back up my "my documents" file and would appreciate > knowing how. The next issue of "Computeractive" will cover this in some depth. "Dougal" <Dougal@discussi...

External HDD loses shared property on reconnect
Here is the situation: There is one external WD MyBook HDD that is connected to my laptop. Some of its folders are shared to the local network, for backup and synchronization. It is always connected with the same laptop, since it travels with me, and is used for backups from the laptop when on the road. It is NTFS formatted. Usually, I connect everything before booting up the laptop, and when XP Pro starts, all settings of all folders on the external drive are the way they were - the permissions, the shares etc., - all is as I left it. However, if for some reason I boot the la...

Attached file size (very) different on Outlook and OWA
I noticed that an attached zip file on an e-mail was - correctly - shown as 27 MB in Outlook, but in OWA it's size was said to be 36 MB. That's quite a difference I think. Can anyone explain it? Regards, Kim When you convert MAPI to MIME, it bloats about 30%. "Kim Stahnke" <kimstahnke@tdcadsl.dk> wrote in message news:uqPveopIGHA.1288@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I noticed that an attached zip file on an e-mail was - correctly - shown as >27 MB in Outlook, but in OWA it's size was said to be 36 MB. > That's quite a difference I think. Can anyone ex...