Remote sync

Is there a software out there that I can use to either remote sync my
Outlook contact and calendar from my office to my home pc, or remotely
update the calendar to my home pc without connecting to an exchange server.
I have a standalone desktop running xp and connecting to a cable modem at
home and I want to update my outlook calendar and contact from the office(T1
line). I will buy any device that will do the job. Ipaq, Palm or AT&T
blackberry 7210 or anything works. If there is no software to do this, is it
possible to do it with any other solution.

Any suggestion will be very greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance
Patriot

0
ombacke (2)

Any decent PDA will do what you are asking - either Palm based or PPC, even
the Zaurus will do this.  You can also try one of these solutions:
http://www.slipstick.com/problems/scanpst.html

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the
Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out
reading.

Patriot <ombacke@comcast.net> asked:

| Is there a software out there that I can use to either remote sync my
| Outlook contact and calendar from my office to my home pc, or remotely
| update the calendar to my home pc without connecting to an exchange
| server. I have a standalone desktop running xp and connecting to a
| cable modem at home and I want to update my outlook calendar and
| contact from the office(T1 line). I will buy any device that will do
| the job. Ipaq, Palm or AT&T blackberry 7210 or anything works. If
| there is no software to do this, is it possible to do it with any
| other solution.
|
| Any suggestion will be very greatly appreciated
|
| Thanks in advance
| Patriot

0
MillyS1 (1480)
10/26/2003 5:44:49 PM
Thanks a Milly. Not sure but I can't access the link. I get a sit error. Can
you please post it again.

Thanks
"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <MillyS@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Any decent PDA will do what you are asking - either Palm based or PPC,
even
> the Zaurus will do this.  You can also try one of these solutions:
> http://www.slipstick.com/problems/scanpst.html
>

> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the
> Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out
> reading.
>
> After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer
> Patriot <ombacke@comcast.net> asked:
>
> | Is there a software out there that I can use to either remote sync my
> | Outlook contact and calendar from my office to my home pc, or remotely
> | update the calendar to my home pc without connecting to an exchange
> | server. I have a standalone desktop running xp and connecting to a
> | cable modem at home and I want to update my outlook calendar and
> | contact from the office(T1 line). I will buy any device that will do
> | the job. Ipaq, Palm or AT&T blackberry 7210 or anything works. If
> | there is no software to do this, is it possible to do it with any
> | other solution.
> |
> | Any suggestion will be very greatly appreciated
> |
> | Thanks in advance
> | Patriot

0
ombacke (2)
10/26/2003 10:12:54 PM
Sorry - I posted the wrong link anyway.

Here is one that should be more on point:
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the
Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out
reading.

Patriot <ombacke@comcast.net> asked:

| Thanks a Milly. Not sure but I can't access the link. I get a sit
| error. Can you please post it again.
|
| Thanks
| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <MillyS@mvps.org> wrote in message
|| Any decent PDA will do what you are asking - either Palm based or
|| PPC, even the Zaurus will do this.  You can also try one of these
|| solutions: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/scanpst.html
|| --�
|| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
|| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to
|| the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be
|| deleted w/out reading.
|| After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer
|| Patriot <ombacke@comcast.net> asked:
||| Is there a software out there that I can use to either remote sync
||| my Outlook contact and calendar from my office to my home pc, or
||| remotely update the calendar to my home pc without connecting to an
||| exchange server. I have a standalone desktop running xp and
||| connecting to a cable modem at home and I want to update my outlook
||| calendar and contact from the office(T1 line). I will buy any
||| device that will do the job. Ipaq, Palm or AT&T blackberry 7210 or
||| anything works. If
||| there is no software to do this, is it possible to do it with any
||| other solution.
||| Any suggestion will be very greatly appreciated
||| Thanks in advance
||| Patriot

0
MillyS1 (1480)

Frequent ExchSrvr restarts needed for remote users
Hello all – I have a mob of disenchanted users about to lynch me because of a problem that I cannot get to the bottom of. I recently migrated Exchange 5.5 to 2K3, consolidating three sites in the process. Now we have one Exchange Server at headquarters that hosts all mailboxes and public folders. The problem is with the users at the remote sites. Approximately every three business days, I have to restart the Exch Srvr, because over the space of a few hours, many users at the remotes sites are unable to connect to it. (“Trying to connect..” in the Outlook status bar). Only a resta...

Compacting remotely?
Hello All I have an access97 backend mdb, which I would like to compact/repair automatically overnight. Is it possible to leave a separate mdb open that would open the backend mdb, compact it, then close it again? I'm sure this can be done because I think I've read something about it somewhere: but I can't remember how - or where! Hope someone can help. Thanks Leslie Isaacs well you could schedule it with windows. take a look at Albert Kallal's solution here: http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/BatchJobs/Index.html change the code to compact the database... -- M...

Sync Issues with Sales for Outlook Client
In short, I haven't touched this product for about 18 months and unfortunately, I have virtually forgotten everything about this application. Therefore, I could really use your help in addressing an issue that I think we encountered before deploying it. Let's say user Joe Cool got a new PC (Windows XP SP2) in which we installed the Sales for Outlook Client. Ever since he got the new PC, he's had trouble syncing when he goes offline. When online, we see what we're expected to see while in the Sales for Outlook Client wihin Outlook. When we go offline, we don't se...

Remote Active Sync
Hello, I just upgraded to Exchange 2003 Server and I have no idea how to setup Mobile Access. I would like to sync my pocket pc remotely. Does anyone know where I can get step by step instructions on how to do this? Thanks, Jose ...

Remoting
Can I launch with some api an application in a remote pc that is connected to the same lan? If the answer is positive, can I supply also parameters? Regards Mark Overall, the simple answer is "no". In fact, if you can do this, there is a security hole in your network large enough to drive a freight train through. Sideways. However, you can create secure techniques that can allow this; creating the security is a topic well beyond the scope we can discuss here, but what you have to do is create some kind of server process that launches the program with appropriate security cred...

remote connections
In SS2K , how to enable remote connections ? For example, from my machine, within SEM I'd like to create a "New SQL Server Registration" connection to that machine. This has always worked for me in the past, but today I've encountered an SS2K instance which gives me a "SQL Server does not exist or access denied. ConnectionOpen (Connect())" error. Does it matter if the target instance is configured as "Windows Authentication" vs "Mixed Mode" ? I'm attempting the "New SQL Server Registration" via Windows Authentication. I...

Verizon Wireless Sync Problem
I hope this is the right place to post this question. Having difficulty setting up Verizon's wireless sync in the workgroup option where it connects with Exchange. Verizon tech support was no help at all (after 90 minutes on the phone told me it was my problem not theirs). Here's the issue: When I set up the account I get the following error when it tries the intialization: Error MAPI_E_NETWORK_ERROR (80040115) V:\portal\Client\PortalOutlookTranslator\MAPIField s.cpp 9071 8/22/2005 7:41:28 AM Error MAPI_E_NETWORK_ERROR (80040115) V:\portal\Client\PortalOutlookTranslator\Outlo...

Remote Office VPN Internet Access
Hi Have Remote Office (RO) PCs connected to Main Office (MO) (SBS 2003) via h/w router Site to Site VPN, on ADSL. Is it possible to route Internet traffic via the local router rather than using the SBS 2003 box for DNS. Objective is to reduce data traffic on the VPN. I am going to add 2nd ADSL line to split off and soley route the VoIP traffic usinng a static route. Or alternatively use a router with VPN trunking with QoS. However, if Internet traffic was kept 'local', the VPN would have more bandwidth for VoIP/files. -- Many Thanks Drew In article <6...

sync issues 2007
11:27:44 Microsoft Exchange offline address book 11:27:44 Not downloading Offline address book files. A server (URL) could not be located. 11:27:44 0X8004010F getting the error every hour in outlook 2003/2007 i've checked and the message store has the right OAB location, any ideas ? cheers mark Check my blog, I cover this.. (entry Apr 21st) http://peterodowd.blogspot.com Cheers -- Peter O'Dowd Exchange Server MVP http://www.blade.net.nz "luna" <luna_s@themoon.com> wrote in message news:nuqdnbZDGqZFQLDbRVnyvg...

changing contents of a sheet remotely
Hi, I have a list of jobs on sheet1 col A contains the job number, Sheet2 is an invoice, i enter job numbers into col A and Vlookups operate in the other cols. When i enter a number into sheet2 i would like the row which contains this job number to have the date entered into col M so i can easily check if a job has been charged out. What is the command for this, will it have to be run as a macro? If i then go on to enter numbers in a list down to cell A38 on sheet 2 is the best way to write code to look at all the numbers at once and adjust sheet1 accordingly? Or input the job numbers via a...

Active Sync
I have recently purchased Outlook 07 and a HTC Pro Touch Phone. When I sync I get an error message "Microsoft Office Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close." When I close and restart there was no sync. My contacts from the phone are still not listed in Outlook. I have uninstalled and re-installed both active sync and outlook. What next? Thanks JB did you look in event viewer for clues? what version of activesync are you using? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.sli...

Remote Web Workplace / Remote Destop Web
I'm trying to set up remote desktop access for several of my key users . I found / enabled "TSWeb", however as far as I can see - and this is where I need some help - this only allows all users to access a specific computer within the LAN. I did make this work but there's really no advantage to running the web interface if it just connects to 1 computer. I next located the Remote Web Workplace that comes as part of SBS 2003. (I look after several networks, one of which uses SBS2003). This is the functionality I'm looking for however I am unable to make...

Syncing Outlook to Yahoo
Since upgrading to OL2003, I am no longer able to sync my calendar contacts, tasks with Yahoo as their Sync program does not yet suppor OL2003. Does anyone know a way around this other than being patient for Yaho to upgrade? Thanks, Nic Showalte ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com No, Microsoft does not program for Yahoo! so you will have to wait. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWE...

"Message delivery to the remote domain '<ISP SMTP server>' failed for the following reason: The connection was dropped by the remote host."
"Message delivery to the remote domain '<ISP SMTP server>' failed for the following reason: The connection was dropped by the remote host." For the past couple of weeks I have been getting the above message every 10-15 minutes on Exchange 2000 SP3, Windows 2000 SP4. The SMTP queue also clogs up for a while then suddenly clears out. I have asked our ISP to look at their end & they claim there are no problems. A while ago I had this problem & switching off 8 bit MIME appeared to work (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=262168). I have made no ...

Stupid Question: Remote Register for Shows
I'm having a lovely time trying to update the system at work to POS. The conversion has been put off time after time due to the store being busy. As it's a small retail shop, not a surprise, but it does make it difficult to accomplish much. Latest question to come up: We have a single regular register in the store. We also have a laptop that the boss takes to shows to sell with. For shows, it's possible that the boss will be away from the home store for over two weeks. Are we going to have trouble (ie revert to eval mode) when the laptop is away from the dongle for tha...

Outlook 2003 Remote/Internet
Is it possible to have one profile for Outlook 2003 for both local and remote access to exchange? Remote meaning no VPN, but using the "Outlook over the Internet" functionality with HTTPS. If so, how? It should automatically use the same profile and credentials. What version of Exchange are you using? (Outlook Web Access is actually a component of Exchange, not Outlook - you would probably do better to ask in an Exchange group - probably Admin.) --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sen...

Help syncing email
HOw do you sync email to pda. Can see them in outlook but they want sync to pc. Depends on your PDA and conduit software. Check with the PDA manufacturer. Ellowyn wrote: > HOw do you sync email to pda. Can see them in outlook but > they want sync to pc. Ellowyn <ellowynb1@hotmail.com> wrote: > HOw do you sync email to pda. Can see them in outlook but > they want sync to pc. If you have a Pocket PC, download ActiveSync (which should have been included on your PDA's companion CD) from http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/resources/downloads/pocketpc/activesync...

Entourage and remote connection
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange My company is using Exchange 2007 and the PCs are using Outlook 2007 (or 2010). <br> Outside connection from Outlook to Exchange is done using Microsoft ISA server and RPC over HTTPS (Outlook Anywhere using Exchange proxy) or OWA with RSA authentication (http://owa.server.com/exchange) <br> When connection from outside company network, does Entourage support RPC over HTTPS (like Outlook Anywhere) ? Or does it support using ExchangeWebServices through the OWA connection ? A...

User access via remote desktop
I have a situation where if I set a new user up from a local client, they only can access GP via their local client - they get a login error if trying to login via remote desktop. Likewise, if I log into the server remotely and set up a new user, they can login to GP remotely but not from their local client. Any ideas why this would occur? Thx, Frank Hamelly, MCP NOVA Solutions LLC Melbourne, FL Do you have any profiles that would be affecting where a user is using files? I've seen this issue where one user's profile was different than other users'. -- Charles Allen, MVP ...

Active Sync Forms Based
Active sync does not work when forms authenication turned on. I am connecting to a Windows 2003/Exchange 2003 front-end server connection to a Windows 2003/Exchange 2003 back-end. Any ideas? Take a look at this and see if it helps: http://tinyurl.com/4zvte -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Marty" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2dcdb01c46ab3$043f8b20$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Active sync does not work when forms authenication turned > on. I am connecting to a Windows 2003/Exchange 2003 &...

No e-mail in remote sites sometimes, but main location is fine.
About twice a week now, all of my three remote branch city sites will fail to allow Outlook clients to communicate with the Exchange Server, but the main HQ site works fine. It can happen out of the blue, and there are no entries in the Event Viewer after it happens. My only fix is to reboot the Exchange Server. I can ping the Exchange Server by name from the affected branch store PC's, and it comes back correctly, but will not allow e-mail. Internet, databases programs, and printers all work fine during this, showing that the networking is OK just not e-mail. Exchange 2003 Server on...

Problem after Active Directory Sync
Hi there, I hope someone can help me out here. I have less than 20 users who log on to project server 2007. I recently did an Active Directory Sync to add another user to the pool. Since that time, 1 of my users (a project manager who MUST be able to logon)cannot. All i Get is a 500 error page (internal server error). The user cannot even log on from project professional. Has anyone ran into this before? It seems to be only the one user, and I cannot figure outh why this would happen. Please and thank you Daniel Pruett EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice It&#...

Remote Access
Has anyone set up a secure access to MSCRM over the internet? Pierre H Hi: If you're talking about the Outllok client you need to set a VPN connection to your network to connect to the CRM server. For teh IE GUI all you need is a browser and a connection... John. >-----Original Message----- >Has anyone set up a secure access to MSCRM over the internet? > >Pierre H > > >. > To make it secure, you can give it a certificate and run it over HTTPS. Mike "John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31a401c3e1eb$c8a7cc30...

restriction for remote web user/remote desktop user
Is there any settings on SBS03 that allows us to manage which user/computer/ip address can connect to SBS03 network from remote site, as we would like only certain users from certain computers be able to connect on certain time remotely. If it can not be done then what would be the solution. Thank you. Jack2 wrote: >Is there any settings on SBS03 that allows us to manage which >user/computer/ip address can connect to SBS03 network from remote site, as >we >would like only certain users from certain computers be able to connect on >certain time remotely. If it ...

can only see local machine users when trying to add users allowed for remote desktop access
Hi, I have a windows 2003 server on my network(its actually a virtual machine running on windows server 2008), that I have enabled remote access to (via properties of 'My Pc/Remote') In the permission of the remote user tab, I can not find any domain users, if I try to change location it only allows me to see the local machine, and if i enter manually the domain\user name it always rejects it. I can see the entire network when I browse the network from file explorer and I can access shares on remotes machines with no problem, so I am on the network and authenticat...