remote desktop and outlook pst file problem

Outlook profile is set up as a roaming profile.

When connecting using terminal services or Remote desktop
in XP, the message when opening outlook is:
[message header = Personal Folders]
The information service has not been configured. Select
an existing file to configure or type the name of a new
file to create.
It then asks for the location or the name of the PST file.

Thanks in advance.

Martin

Multiple Virtual Server Problems
Hi! I have problem with multiple POP3/IMAP4 virtual servers on Exchange 2003. I have Default Virtual Server POP3/IMAP4 and wanted to create the second secure server with the same IP address. The created second virtual server (POP3 or IMAP4) cannot be startet. There is an eventview warning: Event ID: 1036 Source: POP3Svc Category: General Error-Massage: “An error occurred while starting the Microsoft Exchange POP3 Service: server instance number 2 failed to start with error 0x800cc801.” All my port and IP configurations for virtual servers are correct. I have the following configurations ...

Compacting remotely?
Hello All I have an access97 backend mdb, which I would like to compact/repair automatically overnight. Is it possible to leave a separate mdb open that would open the backend mdb, compact it, then close it again? I'm sure this can be done because I think I've read something about it somewhere: but I can't remember how - or where! Hope someone can help. Thanks Leslie Isaacs well you could schedule it with windows. take a look at Albert Kallal's solution here: http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/BatchJobs/Index.html change the code to compact the database... -- M...

Excel macro to create e-mail in Outlook Web Access
Hi, Where I work they've changed from Outlook 2003 to Outlook Web Access. At the end of each day I send a report by e-mail to several other people in the organisation. To date I've used a macro in Excel that takes figures from a worksheet and creates an e-mail in Outlook. If I'm logged in to Outlook Web Access, can I still get an Excel macro to create an e-mail message? Thanks, DL ...

XP PRO 2003/Outlook send/receive
Whatever setting I use I cannot get Outlook to send/receive at my choice of intervals. In fact I seem to mostly F9. to check..... It seems to have started doing this since I had a wireless router installed. I want it to check every 5 minutes but it will not do it. I have repaired the Office Suite to no effect. On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 10:14:10 -1000, gracenote <nospam@mydomain.com> wrote: > Whatever setting I use I cannot get Outlook to send/receive at my > choice of intervals. In fact I seem to mostly F9. to check..... > > It seems to have started doing this since I had a w...

Outlook 2007 crashes
Outlook 2007 crashes whenever i got new email into Inbox. I am running Windows XP SP2, Mcafee 8.0 When reported error to Microsoft, it says error causing by Mcafee and there is no solution. Any help? TIA If you are a home user, you can download the free AVG Anti-virus to your desktop. http://free.grisoft.com Uninstall McAfee. Install AVG. Update AVG. Relax and enjoy. "Rao" <vkantamneni@gmail.com> wrote in message news:epfkU1wZHHA.4684@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Outlook 2007 crashes whenever i got new email into Inbox. I am running > Windows XP SP2, Mcafee 8.0 &...

Invalid ArgumentDo message when sending an email from CRM outlook
Hi there, The following scenario, a CRM email is created within Outlook. The value of from field is replaced by an other CRM contact, in this case Sales@......., the on behalf setting is made. When hitting the send button the following error occurs: Invalid Argument. Do you want to send the e-mail? if you Click Yes, the e-mail will be sent out, but no corresponding activity will be created in Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Thanks, Jean-Paul I have a client with the same issue. I have been working with Microsoft on it but nothing yet. This client is using 4.0, outlook 2003, not using t...

Auto email fill-in, Outlook Express does it
Hi Everyone, I'd like to start by saying thank for you taking the time to read this and offer any help. I just converted from Outlook Express 6 to Outlook 2000. Outlook Express 6 used to automatically fill in the potential email address that I was typing in after I typed the first few letters. With Outlook, I have to type in the full name or email address of the person - or click on To. I would like Outlook to work like Outlook Express did and just pop the email address in there and I could hit enter to select it. Is this possible?? It's such a minor change, but it'...

Cannot see all mails in Exchange folder from Outlook 2003/2007 on one computer
I have a problem with one folder in Outlook on one machine. After a certain date (irrelevant, but it is 18th october 2006), no mails can be seen in one folder. If I check from OWA it works fine. I see new emails. I tried to upgrade to Outlook 2007 as well and it works just as bad. I have tried to uninstall and re-install as well. Is there some way to get rid of all settings in Outloo? I have tried to switch over from cached mode to non-cached mode and back, but it doesn't work either in cached or non-cached mode. I tried to delete the ..ost-file while in non-cached mode as well. It wasn&#...

outlook express 5 to outlook
I use Outlook Express 5. The email server is http. I want to use Outlook 2000. If possible, how do I export settings and mail/address book from Outlook Express to Outlook 2000. The http server seems to be my problem. ...

Frequent ExchSrvr restarts needed for remote users
Hello all – I have a mob of disenchanted users about to lynch me because of a problem that I cannot get to the bottom of. I recently migrated Exchange 5.5 to 2K3, consolidating three sites in the process. Now we have one Exchange Server at headquarters that hosts all mailboxes and public folders. The problem is with the users at the remote sites. Approximately every three business days, I have to restart the Exch Srvr, because over the space of a few hours, many users at the remotes sites are unable to connect to it. (“Trying to connect..” in the Outlook status bar). Only a resta...

Outlook 2002 spam management
Is there a way to configure outlook 2002 so that it will filter out all incoming messages EXCEPT for those that are addressed to entities on the CONTACT list? IF so - HOW? Thanks, J. ...

Outlook Express?
Is Outlook Express covered in this group? I don't see another group for just Outlook Express. Thanks If you're accessing the Microsoft newsgroups through the MS Product Support Services "Community Newsgroups" web interface, you can find the Outlook Express groups listed under Internet Technologies, then Internet Explorer (by version number) Click the Outlook Express link to get to the group. Microsoft.public.outlook is for Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003beta from the Office suite of products. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will p...

Indexing Problem
I am having a bit of trouble here plus I am relatively new to this. I have created table and 4 of the fields I use as one index to prevent duplicates. So what I have done is imported my data from an excel sheet and then reimported the exact same sheet to see if the index would work. It allowed some of the records into the database. Why is it doing this? On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 08:14:04 -0700, Ben Watts <BenWatts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am having a bit of trouble here plus I am relatively new to this. I have >created table and 4 of the fields I use as one inde...

Positioning Dialog To Desktop
Using VC++, I have a dialog-based app. I want to put the window in the lower right corner of a desktop. It seems I can't override the positioin of the window set in the resource editor (where the window coordinates are set). How can I override this initial window position to put it in the corner? I've found how to get a pointer to the desktop, its width and height, but using that to position the window in OnPaint didn't work. Also SetPosition in the App InitInstance doesn't work. The coordinates to my dialog are sitting in a resource file, so how can I program to change t...

outlook #58
cant get outlook spell checker to work. have microsoft work word processor installed and working Are you using Outlook or Outlook Express? "marc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:088501c3ae8f$9b2140f0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > cant get outlook spell checker to work. have microsoft > work word processor installed and working outlook express... thanks >-----Original Message----- >Are you using Outlook or Outlook Express? > >"marc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message >news:088501c3ae8f$9b2140f0$...

Listing of Fields that synchronize between Outlook Contacts and Microsoft CRM
Does anyone know if there is a listing of the fields that synchronize between the Outlook Contacts and the Microsoft CRM Contacts once the contact synchronization is turned on via the Outlook Client? Jack Bender I actually found a listing of fields that synchronize at http://blogs.msdn.com/mscrmfreak/archive/2006/03/17/553700.aspx. Jack Bender "Jack Bender" <jbender@epartnersolutions.com> wrote in message news:u2x4R1IvGHA.3964@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know if there is a listing of the fields that synchronize > between the Outlook Contacts and the M...

Attachment Blocking Problem
Hi, We want to be able to block certain attachment types for our OWA users, (i.e. exe, bat, cmd etc) as these can harbour viruses. The reason for this, is that between our Exchange Front End Server and the client on the Internet we use an SSL encrypted tunnel (bridged by ISA Server Std 2004) in the middle and we are unable to scan inside the tunnel for viruses. We have implemented the recommended solution, as per knowledgebase article 830827, the Microsoft Exchange 2003 Client Access guide and the technet article at the following URL: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa9957...

outlook says i am organiser but i am not (ol 2007 sp2)
Hi Someone made an meeting requets with me as a member He changes the request and i want to delete the old request but its says that i cannot delete the reqeust because i am the organizer ...

Lunch the application after login page and before desktop !!!
Hi, Is there any way to lunch the application after login page and before desktop? I know one way to add the entry in Runoncekey. I want this application to run every time the user log in. Couple of problem with Runoncekey.... 1. This key is meant to use just for one time application 2. User can use cntr+alt+del and cancel the application. I want this application to stay there till user hits "OK" and then show the desktop. There shouldn't be another way for him to skip this application. Can anybody help? Thanks Trupti Not possible. The only way you can do it is by cha...

File Attachments Won't Send
I am using XP Pro & Outlook,Excel,Word2000. When I send an attachment from Outlook to Outlook Express users(do not know if it will do the same with Outlook users), the attachment does not arrive. I have sent it RTF & HTML with the same result. I can send attachments directly from Word & Excel from 'File' 'Send as attachment' option. How can I send attachment directly from Outlook to OE users? When I send it to personal email on the same computer, the attachment arrives as it should when sent through Outlook. Thanks. Have you tried using Plain Text and...

Difficulty in pulling email into Outlook from Outlook Web Access
I want to be able to send/receive e-mail locally in Outlook. In trying to setup my e-mail account with my local Outlook, I am unable to connect to my Outlook Web Access server to check the username or connect to the server. I have tried both http setup in Outlook and exchange server setup via the Control Panel>Mail. When trying to set it up as "http" Outlook -hangs- when connecting and eventually comes back with the message that it is unable to connect to the server and is going offline. When setting it up as an Exchange account, I get an Outlook Error message that says...

Report to PDF file
I have been encountered by a tough issure that I need to save some reports as .pdf files,but I really have no idears how to achieve it.Would anybody please give me some help? Thanx in advance! If you have Access 2007, you can download the Save As PDF add-in from Microsoft here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en For previous versions, use the one Stephen Lebans provides: http://www.lebans.com/reporttopdf.htm -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbr...

Importing CSV FIles #2
Does anyone know if there is a way to force Excel to expand columns to the maximun width needed when opening a .CSV file? I am looking to minimize user input. CSV is a text format. When u import txt. file, first "save as" Excel format. After that open the workbook again(now in excel format). Go to "data" menu use "text to columns" tab. Yr data would be converted to columns. >-----Original Message----- >CSV is a text format. When u import txt. file, first "save as" Excel format. After that open the workbook again(now in excel format). Go to ...

Remote Active Sync
Hello, I just upgraded to Exchange 2003 Server and I have no idea how to setup Mobile Access. I would like to sync my pocket pc remotely. Does anyone know where I can get step by step instructions on how to do this? Thanks, Jose ...

Importing idx and mbx files
I have old Outlook files with the extension .mbx and idx I think thee hold my e-mail from an old outlook version. I now have V6 and woukld like to import these. Any ideas? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5....