Reminders will not clear

Hi,

I cannot seem to clear reminders.  They pop up even though
apparently deleted!

Thanks,

Roger
0
Roger

Try starting Outlook once with the /CleanReminders switch.  If you need help
using Outlook command line switches, look here:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;296192

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:003b01c3c8a8$5b5a95b0$a301280a@phx.gbl,
Roger wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I cannot seem to clear reminders.  They pop up even though
> apparently deleted!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Roger

Outlook will not restore from taskbar
I have a user who keeps outlook 2002 open all the time. While she performing other task she minimizes outlook to the taskbar. When she try's to restore Outlook it just stays in the taskbar and will not return to her screen. This causes her to have to close all her work and log out to get outlook back. Any help is appreciated. Thanks ...

set up recurring (15-min) reminders
Our library director wants our librarians to get up from the reference desk every 15 minute and walk around asking patrons if they want help. We want the ability to turn an Outlook reminder on or off every day, depending on whether the librarian is on the public service desk or not. -- ChrisC "ChrisC" <ChrisC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF91C6BD-0D1E-47BC-B2E7-9DAA1F25AB06@microsoft.com... > Our library director wants our librarians to get up from the reference desk > every 15 minute and walk around asking patrons if they want help. W...

Check and clear Multiple check boxes
I have about 20 check boxes on sheet1 of a spreadsheet from the Controls tool box. 5 of them are loners and should not be touched in regard to the remaining 15. The 15 are Very good, Good, Ok, Bad, Very Bad answers... Q1 A1,2,3,4,5 Q2 A1,2,3,4,5 Q3 A1,2,3,4,5 I want to be able be click an answer on Q1 and have the code untick all the other answers for Q1 but not Q2 or Q3, then tick any one of the answers on Q2 and have the code untick all the other boxes on Q2 and same for Q3. If however the user changes their mind on Q? the code should untick all the other answers on that Q. ...

Reminder for Acitivities
Hi, Does MS CRM have reminders for Activities? If yes, how to set them up? Thanks. Tony When using the Web CLIENT, the activities that are due show up on the HOME Page.. but no pop up messages can be used using the browser client.. If you use the SFO, i believe it would have the pop ups because it'll integrate as part of Outlook's regular appointments >-----Original Message----- >Hi, >Does MS CRM have reminders for Activities? If yes, how to set them up? >Thanks. > > >Tony >. > Again, I thought so. Mark, do you know whether web reminder will be add...

Reminders out of control
Crossposted to outlook.calendaring. Here is my problem: SYSTEM: -w2k, sp4 -outloook 2000, fully updated -several email accounts POSSIBLE CAUSE: -I copied the outlook.pst and then replaced the original with the copy, to make a defrag work better. I have done this trick many times with no problems. I check the bit count each time I do it. Everything seemed fine. Defrag went fine, no errors. SYMPTOMS: -about five zillion reminders pop up when I start outlook. -I now have reminders for everything, where it used to be just for scheduled appointments. Every new email gets a reminder. -I can&...

Reminders #16
I added the Reminders Window (from Customize, Commands, View) but the Reminders do not fire at all. Please tell me how to fix this. Thank you. Larry H., you wrote on Thu, 15 Dec 2005 18:25:21 -0600: > I added the Reminders Window (from Customize, Commands, View) but the > Reminders do not fire at all. Please tell me how to fix this. Thank you. Start Outlook once with the parameter /cleanreminders Start | Run | outlook.exe /cleanreminders -- Best Regards Christian Goeller Hi Christian, I went to Start | Run and typed in outlook.exe/cleanreminders which opened Outlook. From...

Macro to Clear Cell Contents based on Cell Value in another Sheet
Sorry for the Newbie question but....... How do I create a macro to clear the contents of cells in one worksheet based on the value of a cell in another worksheet? For example: on SHEET 1 the value of cell A1 can be Yes or No. If A1 = "Yes" then I want to clear the values in cell range A1:C5 of SHEET 2, if "No" then don't clear the values. Thanks in advance. Option Explicit sub testme() dim rng1 as range dim rng2 as range set rng1 = worksheets("sheet1").range("a1") set rng2 = worksheets("sheet2").range("a1:c5") ...

How do I lock a chart so it will not update?
That's the question. I have my data in Excel and the chart in Excel but not all the data cells are used. Everytimg I open the chart it wants to update and I want it to stay the same. Any ideas on how to lock the chart? Hi Just a few ideas: You could lock the cells that are shown in the chart. Or you could copy the cells and paste as values (assuming formulas were used that update when other cells change). -- Wigi http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music "Locking a Chart" wrote: > That's the question. I have my data in Excel and the chart in ...

Reminder not popping up reminder window
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3347096123_764024 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit I use two displays with my MacBook Pro and I use the external display as the main monitor with my dock,etc. and I want to setup my reminders to pop-up on the laptop screen so they stand out more. Currently, the only ways I can use reminders is: * To have the window always displayed on the external monitor which makes it hard to s...

Laptop will not stop standby
I try to save my Power Scheme on XP. I recently installed XP on my Dell Inspiron 1521 and I try to save my Power Scheme, but if I shut down or reboot, it goes back to the previous one never saving and always putting my laptop on stand by when lid closed. I changed it continuously and I'm getting pissed at the fact it will never save. Please help me. -- MelodicFighter ------------------------------------------------------------------------ MelodicFighter's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/157243.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-suppo...

Outlook 2000 will not open #3
Outlook began to take longer and longer to open, until eventually it would not open at all. I learnt that Hotbar could be the reason for this, so it got uninstalled. And still Outlook would not open. I uninstalled Outlook, re- installed it and still Outlook will not open. (cant even get free help from Microsoft because I can't open it to get the product code that is needed). Can anyone help? Sue Try starting Outlook with the /safe switch, go to Start > Run > type "outlook /safe" without the quotes but with the space before the Forward slash. How did you uninstall...

WMP 11 will not "add to library"
I was out one day when the power went out. My computer obviously shut down, and as a result WMP shut down improperly. This hasn't been the first time, and whenever it does, I just start up my computer again, log in, and WMP 11 is working just fine. There has also been some instances when the library has been corrupted, and I've just re-added my files to the library again. However, this time it's different apparently; WMP 11 refuses to add ANYTHING to it's library, and whenever I choose a folder for it to monitor, it does absolutely nothing, as opposed to adding ...

How to Clear Field when exiting Record?
I have two note fields on my form named...1 - Today:2 - History:Client enters text into the "Today" fieldWhen client exits the record that data is added to the "History"field...then clear the data from the "Today" field so it is blank the nexttime they return to the record.Can I do this with a marco? Or must I do some vba?Can anyone get me started with some vba code to...- copy data from one field and add it to the data already in anotherwhen exiting a record- clear data from a field when exiting a recordthanks for any help. You could probably do something like us...

Reminders #23
I have Outlook 2007. Is there any way to have my reminders work without opening Outlook? Mike D. Mike Dobony, you wrote on Thu, 30 Apr 2009 12:19:49 -0500: > Is there any way to have my reminders work without opening Outlook? Nope! -- Best Regards Christian Goeller MVP - MS Outlook http://www.outlookfaq.net ...

Final Reminder
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding solutions in the forums on Microsoft properties and third party sites. This move will unify the customer experience, centralize content, make it easier for active contributors to retain their influence, mitiga...

reminders on appointments
We have a workflow set up that creates appointments for certain users and puts these appointments into their Outlook. However, we have noticed that it is not setting the reminder, although the user has a default reminder set for 15 minutes. However, if we manually create an appointment in CRM, when it comes over to Outlook, it has the 15 minute reminder. Has anyone seen this issue before? On 16 Set, 17:07, Jeanenne <Jeane...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We have a workflow set up that creates appointments for certain users and > puts these appointments into their Outloo...

Reminders stopped reminding
We have Exchange 2003 with OL2003 clients for everybody. Everybody works in direct mode except those who have laptops and connect from home, on the laptop they have cached mode. The problem is indifferently on the cached mode or direct mode users. For the past few months I am having the same problem over and over again. Reminders stop showing up. It started with one user then 3 users and now half the company. I looked on the forums and various websites and the only solution I found was to run with the /cleanreminders switch. It works for approximately 24 hours and then again reminders stop...

Where is reminder file?
While installing an add-in reminder file (Reminder Manager) I had some trouble and had to uninstall my existing add-in program, Extended Reminder, and then ultimately uninstall the Reminder Manager. Unfortunately it deleted all of my existing reminders (30 in all). I need these reminders. I had all these reminders on my lap top though. Is there a file on the lap top that I can simply copy over to my desktop and reinstall all those reminders? Thanks, Craig Hi Craig, Outlook processes Reminders from a special folder in your mailbox called the Reminders Folder. This folder is contained ins...

Cell shows date, want to email from excel to me as a reminder
cell is formulated to calculate a reminder/due date, want somehow to create another function for that information/ date to be sent to me as an email so I can follow up on reminder dates that come up daily. any ideas? One idea: write the VBA code to search for the reminders to be sent today (roughly: for each row, check the date criteria and, if appropriate, send the notice and record in the workbook that the reminder was sent). Then I'd kick off the process daily using by making this an Auto_Open macro and invoking the Excel file via Windows Task Scheduler. "nldunique"...

reacurance task to have automaticly a reminder
When I have task set to reacurre, when I mare it done it would regenarate but with out a reminder. Any help would be appriciated. ( I allreade posted this in another trend (How do I setup daily reminders with task) ...

clear address memory
How do I delete old e-mail addresses from memory that are no longer the current ones in my Outlook 2002 address book but still appear as a"prompt" when I enter the 1st few letters of the e-mail address. ...

Outlook 2003, Windows 7, crashing on Reminders
Hi All. I'm using Outlook 2003 SP3 on my new Windows 7 machine. All is fine in Outlook until the reminder window needs to pop up. As soon as it does, with maybe a second delay, the entire computer seizes and I need to power off to reboot. None of the reminders actually load/display in the pop-up Reminders window, though the title bar for the pop-up starts to count the number but stalls on "1 Reminder". Running Outlook in "safe" mode is just fine. The reminders pop-up opens no problem and I just continue working. Running in "normal" mode,...

Microsoft Word and Excel (all products) will NOT open or run.

Error: msaccess.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows
Dear all, I get error mesage "msaccess.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows" when preview report. I'm using Access 2000 and Windows 2000. Thanks. Regards, Vensia ...