Reminder Time vs Due By Field

I'm using O2003. For a contact, there is the Due by Field. There is
also a Reminder Time field. If you update the Due By field, it updates
the Reminder Time field. However, if you update the Reminder Time
field, it does not update the Due By field. By default for a contact,
you have access to the Due By field. The Reminder field is avaialble,
but you have to manually add it.

In Tasks, it seems to work the same in that if you update the Due By
field, it updates the Reminder Time field. However, if you update the
Reminder Time field, it does not update the Due By field.

However, you have access to the Reminder field and not the Due By
field unless you add it.

What is the difference between these fields and why does one update
the other but not vice versa.

Thank you.

Shawn

0
srm (64)

The due by time is the time the event is due - the reminder time field is
when the reminder fires, typically 15 min before the due date. If you set a
due date and reminders are enabled, the reminder time is set - but you can
choose any reminder time you want. So the behavior you are seeing is
correct - you can change the reminder time but the due date stays the same -
while changing the due date changes the reminder time.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"srm" <srm@primatech.com> wrote in message
> I'm using O2003. For a contact, there is the Due by Field. There is
> also a Reminder Time field. If you update the Due By field, it updates
> the Reminder Time field. However, if you update the Reminder Time
> field, it does not update the Due By field. By default for a contact,
> you have access to the Due By field. The Reminder field is avaialble,
> but you have to manually add it.
>
> In Tasks, it seems to work the same in that if you update the Due By
> field, it updates the Reminder Time field. However, if you update the
> Reminder Time field, it does not update the Due By field.
>
> However, you have access to the Reminder field and not the Due By
> field unless you add it.
>
> What is the difference between these fields and why does one update
> the other but not vice versa.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Shawn

0
outlookmvp (5838)
3/26/2008 6:34:12 PM
On Mar 26, 2:34 pm, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlook...@msn.com> wrote:
> The due by time is the time the event is due - the reminder time field is
> when the reminder fires, typically 15 min before the due date. If you set a
> due date and reminders are enabled, the reminder time is set - but you can
> choose any reminder time you want. So the behavior you are seeing is
> correct - you can change the reminder time but the due date stays the same -
> while changing the due date changes the reminder time.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Need Help with Common Tasks?http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
> Outlook 2007:http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:
> dailytips-subscribe-requ...@lists.outlooktips.net
>
> Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:http://www.slipstick.com
> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQU...@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>
> "srm" <s...@primatech.com> wrote in message

> > I'm using O2003. For a contact, there is the Due by Field. There is
> > also a Reminder Time field. If you update the Due By field, it updates
> > the Reminder Time field. However, if you update the Reminder Time
> > field, it does not update the Due By field. By default for a contact,
> > you have access to the Due By field. The Reminder field is avaialble,
> > but you have to manually add it.
>
> > In Tasks, it seems to work the same in that if you update the Due By
> > field, it updates the Reminder Time field. However, if you update the
> > Reminder Time field, it does not update the Due By field.
>
> > However, you have access to the Reminder field and not the Due By
> > field unless you add it.
>
> > What is the difference between these fields and why does one update
> > the other but not vice versa.
>
> > Thank you.
>
> > Shawn

Diane:

Thank you very much for the help.  I appreciate it.

Shawn
0
srm (64)
3/26/2008 8:49:50 PM
On Mar 26, 4:49 pm, srm <s...@primatech.com> wrote:
> On Mar 26, 2:34 pm, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlook...@msn.com> wrote:
>

> > The due by time is the time the event is due - the reminder time field is
> > when the reminder fires, typically 15 min before the due date. If you set a
> > due date and reminders are enabled, the reminder time is set - but you can
> > choose any reminder time you want. So the behavior you are seeing is
> > correct - you can change the reminder time but the due date stays the same -
> > while changing the due date changes the reminder time.
>
> > --
> > Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> > Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
> > Need Help with Common Tasks?http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
> > Outlook 2007:http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>
> > Outlook Tips by email:
> > dailytips-subscribe-requ...@lists.outlooktips.net
>
> > Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> > Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:http://www.slipstick.com
> > Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
> > EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQU...@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>
> > "srm" <s...@primatech.com> wrote in message

> > > I'm using O2003. For a contact, there is the Due by Field. There is
> > > also a Reminder Time field. If you update the Due By field, it updates
> > > the Reminder Time field. However, if you update the Reminder Time
> > > field, it does not update the Due By field. By default for a contact,
> > > you have access to the Due By field. The Reminder field is avaialble,
> > > but you have to manually add it.
>
> > > In Tasks, it seems to work the same in that if you update the Due By
> > > field, it updates the Reminder Time field. However, if you update the
> > > Reminder Time field, it does not update the Due By field.
>
> > > However, you have access to the Reminder field and not the Due By
> > > field unless you add it.
>
> > > What is the difference between these fields and why does one update
> > > the other but not vice versa.
>
> > > Thank you.
>
> > > Shawn
>
> Diane:
>
> Thank you very much for the help.  I appreciate it.
>
> Shawn

Diane:

I forgot to ask one question. I can see in contacts there is the Flag
for Follow Up / Due By field.  I can also add the Reminder Time field
(if I want to use it).

In the Task form, the Reminder time field is used.  However, I cannot
add the Due By field on the Task page.  It looks like I cannot edit
the Task page at all even if I save it as a new form. In the Task
form, I can add the Due By field to another tab, but not the Task
page.

Do tasks by default use the Reminder Time field and Contacts by
default use the Due By field?  Am I understanding correctly?

Thank you again for your time.

Shawn
0
srm (64)
3/27/2008 12:04:55 PM
Offhand, I'm not sure. I know the different folder types often share the
same fields but use different display names - i.e., the Organizer field in
the Calendar is the From field in Mail folders.  If you are in Calendar and
add the From field to the view, it'll rename itself Organizer.

When I need to identify fields I close the reading pane so I have a two line
view and drag fields to the view - including fields from other folders
(using the Field Chooser or in customize view dialog) just to see if they
'work'.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
when requesting assistance **

> I forgot to ask one question. I can see in contacts there is the Flag
> for Follow Up / Due By field.  I can also add the Reminder Time field
> (if I want to use it).
>
> In the Task form, the Reminder time field is used.  However, I cannot
> add the Due By field on the Task page.  It looks like I cannot edit
> the Task page at all even if I save it as a new form. In the Task
> form, I can add the Due By field to another tab, but not the Task
> page.
>
> Do tasks by default use the Reminder Time field and Contacts by
> default use the Due By field?  Am I understanding correctly?
>
> Thank you again for your time.
>
> Shawn

0
outlookmvp1 (464)
3/28/2008 1:15:22 AM
All items that support reminders (appointment, task, contact, email, post)
all use the FlagDueBy, ReminderTime and LongMinutesBefore properties
identically. The difference is that for all but appointment FlagDueBy and
ReminderTime start out equal and LongMinutesBefore equals 0. For
appointments the difference between when the appointment is and when the
reminder fires is the value of LongMinutesBefore. LongMinutesBefore is the
reminder due xx minutes before appointment setting.

For all the appropriate items the property tags for ReminderTime, FlagDueBy
and LongMinutesBefore are identical, they all use the
"{00062008-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}" named property namespace. Therefore
you can use a property from another item type and it will work in a view.

For example, you can pick ReminderTime from a type that exposes that
property (say task) and use that for a view on post items, where that
property isn't exposed in the Field Chooser.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007
http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm

"Diane Poremsky {MVP}" <outlookmvp@msn.net> wrote in message
> Offhand, I'm not sure. I know the different folder types often share the
> same fields but use different display names - i.e., the Organizer field in
> the Calendar is the From field in Mail folders.  If you are in Calendar
> and add the From field to the view, it'll rename itself Organizer.
>
> When I need to identify fields I close the reading pane so I have a two
> line view and drag fields to the view - including fields from other
> folders (using the Field Chooser or in customize view dialog) just to see
> if they 'work'.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> ** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
> when requesting assistance **

0
kenslovak (742)

Reminder for Acitivities
Hi, Does MS CRM have reminders for Activities? If yes, how to set them up? Thanks. Tony When using the Web CLIENT, the activities that are due show up on the HOME Page.. but no pop up messages can be used using the browser client.. If you use the SFO, i believe it would have the pop ups because it'll integrate as part of Outlook's regular appointments >-----Original Message----- >Hi, >Does MS CRM have reminders for Activities? If yes, how to set them up? >Thanks. > > >Tony >. > Again, I thought so. Mark, do you know whether web reminder will be add...

Reminders out of control
Crossposted to outlook.calendaring. Here is my problem: SYSTEM: -w2k, sp4 -outloook 2000, fully updated -several email accounts POSSIBLE CAUSE: -I copied the outlook.pst and then replaced the original with the copy, to make a defrag work better. I have done this trick many times with no problems. I check the bit count each time I do it. Everything seemed fine. Defrag went fine, no errors. SYMPTOMS: -about five zillion reminders pop up when I start outlook. -I now have reminders for everything, where it used to be just for scheduled appointments. Every new email gets a reminder. -I can&...

Dates, time zones,daylight saving time
I live in the U.S. Eastern time zone (EST = GMT-5). An application I wrote his hosted on a server in the Pacific time zone (PST = GMT-8). I'm anticipating a time when I could have customers in yet other time zones, and each of them may have users that are themselves in multiple time zones. Even without going that far--even just serving my own users in my own time zone--I've had to make an adjustment. I've got a web page that shouldn't allow users to submit new data after a date and time that's stored in the database, April 15, 2010, at 10:00 PM. So I have Apr...

TLS not working due to invalid certificate
without changing anything on our exchange 2007 server I got folowing error after a reboot: A certificate for the hostname "www.eu.company.com" could not be found. SSL or TLS encryption cannot be made to the IMAP service. running Get-ExchangeCertificate |fl gives me following result: AccessRules : {System.Security.AccessControl.CryptoKeyAccessRule, System.Security.AccessControl.CryptoKeyAccessRule, System.Security.AccessControl.CryptoKeyAccessRule} CertificateDomains : {www.eu.company.com, autodiscover.eu.company.com, mail.eu.company.com,owa.eu.company.co...

change text field to a check box
My database users want to change an existing text field over to a checkbox. Right now, users are entering "Complete" for finished work items, and the items are then transferred from the active table to the completed table. What they want to do now is just check a box for completed items and have the same result occur. How would I create the check box so this would occur? And how would I change the existing text fields in the workflow tables to check boxes? >>How would I create the check box so this would occur? You can not. You need to add a new field and then update...

Export Access field using VBA to Outlook Message Window
I am not 100% sure how to do this. I have an Access Database and am going to be creating queries from the data. The most important field is going to be the e-mail field because once the user has the right query I want them to be able to click "E-mail" and it will take all the e-mails and open their outlook, create a new message window, and drop all the E-mails into the "To" box. I have looked around but i'm not sure how to make the Access VBA do this. Anyone have any tips or done something similar? Thank you for your time! On Oct 9, 12:01 pm, djjohnst <djjoh...@gma...

GP8 vs GP10 Manufacturing Tables
Hello. Would anyone know what table(s) replace GP8 table MP010230 (MRP Weeks) in GP10? I was using this table in some MS Access queries and have to re-create for GP10. I have found table MRP2230 but the field names are not the same - I am hoping there is another :) Thx a lot, M. ...

Form Field Help line does not show
Hello, I have a medium-size template with a lot (several dozens) of form fields. Some have logical connection, so I'm using ActiveDocument.FormFields("SomeField").Select method to force jump to a specific field on the form. Sometimes this is done from the "exit" macro that does validations, and sometimes to skip some irrelevant fields. I've encountered two issues: 1. The help text in the status line will not show for the proper field in ..Select 2. I can't jump back to the same field. The workaround I found is: .Select a read-only previous fi...

master select page field for many pivots in one work book
I am building massive pivot reports - many pivots on many sheets of a work book. Is there a way to select a page field value in a pivot ( or other fields as well) and have all other pivots on the sheet, other sheets, and the entire workbook have there page filed set to this same value. This would allow me to deploy some fantastic tools to people. I am speaking of slect the customer(one fo my fields) in a single pivot - designated as the master pivot if thats easier - then have automated switch to that cusotmer in all other page fields. Thanks for the time ...

set up recurring (15-min) reminders
Our library director wants our librarians to get up from the reference desk every 15 minute and walk around asking patrons if they want help. We want the ability to turn an Outlook reminder on or off every day, depending on whether the librarian is on the public service desk or not. -- ChrisC "ChrisC" <ChrisC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF91C6BD-0D1E-47BC-B2E7-9DAA1F25AB06@microsoft.com... > Our library director wants our librarians to get up from the reference desk > every 15 minute and walk around asking patrons if they want help. W...

RUN-TIME ERROR IN SIMPLE SORT MACRO
I have a simple macro that is supposed to call a named range 'Catalogue' and sort it in a specified order. But I always get "Run-time error '1004': This operation requires the merged cells to be identically sized." The macro is: Sub SortNFAuthor() ' ' SortNFAuthor Macro ' Macro recorded 13/9/2004 by Lindsay D. Graham ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+S ' Application.Goto Reference:="Catalogue" Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("K3"), Order1:=xlAscending, Key2:=Range("A3") _ ...

Time Format 01-19-10
Hello I have a worksheet where one of the columns is TIME. All I want is that I write 0315 (3.15 AM) and it appears as 03:15. Is there a solution for this? Thanks in advance. You need an event macro for that: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Column = 10 Then 'change column No as necessary Application.EnableEvents = False ora = Int(Target.Value / 100) perc = Target.Value - ora * 100 Target.Value = TimeSerial(ora, perc, 0) Application.EnableEvents = True End If End Sub This one works for colu...

Questions about components on design time
I am creating a min-IDE. I appreciate any efforts of helping me going through. You are very kind and patient, especially thanks to Armin. Most of the problem has solved (most of the properties of all the elements can be stored on DB. there are few exceptions) : 1. For nested type (with + sign). I see that their conventer translated the nested types properly, so I can store and retrieve the types with no problem - I didn't see any exception yet, but are there any type you know I must go to inner type (How can I do that : if propertyInfo.propertyType.isNested then .....

Remove Empty Data Fields
I have a table with 40 fields and import data into it from another source. Sometimes there could be 50000 records and at other times there is 500 records. Is there a way to programatically remove fields from the table that do not not have a data in it. Like : if myTable.Season1 is null then Delete myTable.Season1 is this possible in a Loop checking to see if any fields are null. Thanks Craig Craig Why?! If you don't have data for a field, you don't put anything in there. Why would you want to delete the field itself? And what will you do when what you are importing has...

Opening workbooks on the same worksheet each time
I am trying to get workbooks with many worksheets to open on the same worksheet, and preferably the same cell each time they are opened. Any ideas? Usr something like this, put in thisworkbook code Private Sub Workbook_Open() Sheets("Sheet1").Select Range("B2").Select End Sub To put in this macro, from your workbook right-click the workbook's icon and pick View Code. This icon is to the left of the "File" menu this will open the VBA editor, in the left hand window double click on thisworkbook, under your workbook name, and paste the code in the wi...

PO Return Shipment vs PO Invoice Match
All PO's are committed to Sales Orders. 100 Widgets are put on a PO 40 Widgets are received via PO Shipment Receipt 40 Widgets are shipped to customer Customer discovers there is something wrong with the widgets Customer ship Widgets back A PO return is done for the 40 widgets before any PO invoice match is done 40 more widgets are received via PO shipment receipt AP now does a PO invoice match on this line on the PO and GP says to invoice 80 That is incorrect. 40 is the correct number because 80 were received but 40 were returned so the correct number to invoice is 40. The people in AP ...

calculation for time
Folks please bear with me - I'm new to Excel and maths is not my strong point. I need to display minutes as time in hours and minutes. I have worked out how to display a total number of minutes as a decimal - e.g. 114 minutes = 1.9 hours ...... but i do not know how to show 114 minutes as 1 hr 54 mins can anybody provide me with the calculation that would work for any number of minutes entered? Thanks Mick (should have worked harder at maths!) -- Mick if 114 is in A1, in B1 enter =(A1/24)/60 Format this cell as hh:mm For an explanation of how Excel deals with dates and times ...

time based calendar editing
am wondering how i can get the functionality to do time based calendar editing with outlook and exchange. We want to be able to create a calendar which is only edited by one person and has a small handfull of people set as reviewer. The person set as editor can only edit during certain times of day but cannot edit during other times of the day. We tried blocking off a section of time, as an appointment, in outlook and marked it as busy. That will stop items sent as meeting requests but won't stop the editor from opening up the resource calendar directly and placing another appo...

Capturing date/time modified on a form?
I have a form where staff can go and add student information, I would like to be able to capture when and if the form has been modified. We are running reports on students with certain behaviours right now but we don't know how up-to-date the data is if we don't capture if it's been changed recently. I added TimeModified and DateModified to my main table and put the fields on my form that I need it to capture but I'm not sure how to actually get it to fill those fields once data has been modified, any help would be appreciated. Monique Duane OK, what I've done now...

getting error at time of XmlSerialization
Hi Friends, My work is stuck up because of this unresolvable and unbelievable Error. I'm trying to Serialize my Class object using XmlSerialization. And at below line, I m getting "error File or assembly name xxxxxxx.dll, or one of its dependencies, was not found.." ///I got error at this point XmlSerializer xmlSerializer = new XmlSerializer(typeof(myObject)); Error: {"File or assembly name xxxxxxx.dll, or one of its dependencies, was not found." } As this is an IO error and I'm not using any external file. I am not understand why this is happen with my code. ...

Reminders #16
I added the Reminders Window (from Customize, Commands, View) but the Reminders do not fire at all. Please tell me how to fix this. Thank you. Larry H., you wrote on Thu, 15 Dec 2005 18:25:21 -0600: > I added the Reminders Window (from Customize, Commands, View) but the > Reminders do not fire at all. Please tell me how to fix this. Thank you. Start Outlook once with the parameter /cleanreminders Start | Run | outlook.exe /cleanreminders -- Best Regards Christian Goeller Hi Christian, I went to Start | Run and typed in outlook.exe/cleanreminders which opened Outlook. From...

Reminder not popping up reminder window
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3347096123_764024 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit I use two displays with my MacBook Pro and I use the external display as the main monitor with my dock,etc. and I want to setup my reminders to pop-up on the laptop screen so they stand out more. Currently, the only ways I can use reminders is: * To have the window always displayed on the external monitor which makes it hard to s...

date time picker control
Dear Sir, I am facing one strange problem. I put two instances of date time picker control in a dialog, when I run the application they are working properly but when I debug I am getting debug assertion in the following piece of code. BOOL CDateTimeCtrl::GetTime(COleDateTime& timeDest) const { SYSTEMTIME sysTime; BOOL bRetVal = TRUE; LRESULT result = ::SendMessage(m_hWnd, DTM_GETSYSTEMTIME, 0, (LPARAM) &sysTime); if (result == GDT_VALID) { timeDest = COleDateTime(sysTime); bRetVal = TRUE; ASSERT(timeDest.GetStatus() == COleDateTime::valid); } else if (result == GDT_N...

If I have data for varying times in a column chart, how do I space
I have speed data for various times of the day, but I need to space them out equally in the chart so people viewing the chart can see when the busy times of the road are. Can anyone help. If you are using anything other than a XY Scatter chart, you will have to create the spacing yourself. For example, if you have data for 7:00, 7:15, 7:30, 8:00, 9:00, and 9:30, note that the smallest interval is 15 minutes. Hence, reorganize the data as: 7:00 data-for-7:00 7:15 data-for-7:15 7:30 data-for-7:30 {empty cell} 8:00 data-for-8:00 {empty cell...

Final Reminder
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding solutions in the forums on Microsoft properties and third party sites. This move will unify the customer experience, centralize content, make it easier for active contributors to retain their influence, mitiga...