Reminder Time vs Due By Field #2

I'm using O2003. For a contact, there is the Due by Field. There is
also a Reminder Time field. If you update the Due By field, it updates
the Reminder Time field. However, if you update the Reminder Time
field, it does not update the Due By field. By default for a contact,
you have access to the Due By field. The Reminder field is avaialble,
but you have to manually add it.

In Tasks, it seems to work the same in that if you update the Due By
field, it updates the Reminder Time field. However, if you update the
Reminder Time field, it does not update the Due By field.

However, you have access to the Reminder field and not the Due By
field unless you add it.

What is the difference between these fields and why does one update
the other but not vice versa.

Thank you.

Shawn

0
srm (64)

scroll bars #2
Hi, I have a MDI based application, with CView. I wish to add scroll bars ot my CView. These scrollbars will not be used to move the entire client are, but to rotate something on the screen. So the scrollbar should reflect the values 0 to 360 (round numbers). So I must set the range to be 360 and read its position. How can I add the scrollbar and make it reflect this range of numbers? Lisa Lisa, You can add scrollbar styles to your view, in PreCreateWindow. You must set up the scrollbar sizes (in OnInitialUpdate, for example) and add handlers for the scrollbar messages WM_HSCROLL and WM...

Reminder for Acitivities
Hi, Does MS CRM have reminders for Activities? If yes, how to set them up? Thanks. Tony When using the Web CLIENT, the activities that are due show up on the HOME Page.. but no pop up messages can be used using the browser client.. If you use the SFO, i believe it would have the pop ups because it'll integrate as part of Outlook's regular appointments >-----Original Message----- >Hi, >Does MS CRM have reminders for Activities? If yes, how to set them up? >Thanks. > > >Tony >. > Again, I thought so. Mark, do you know whether web reminder will be add...

Reminders out of control
Crossposted to outlook.calendaring. Here is my problem: SYSTEM: -w2k, sp4 -outloook 2000, fully updated -several email accounts POSSIBLE CAUSE: -I copied the outlook.pst and then replaced the original with the copy, to make a defrag work better. I have done this trick many times with no problems. I check the bit count each time I do it. Everything seemed fine. Defrag went fine, no errors. SYMPTOMS: -about five zillion reminders pop up when I start outlook. -I now have reminders for everything, where it used to be just for scheduled appointments. Every new email gets a reminder. -I can&...

TLS not working due to invalid certificate
without changing anything on our exchange 2007 server I got folowing error after a reboot: A certificate for the hostname "www.eu.company.com" could not be found. SSL or TLS encryption cannot be made to the IMAP service. running Get-ExchangeCertificate |fl gives me following result: AccessRules : {System.Security.AccessControl.CryptoKeyAccessRule, System.Security.AccessControl.CryptoKeyAccessRule, System.Security.AccessControl.CryptoKeyAccessRule} CertificateDomains : {www.eu.company.com, autodiscover.eu.company.com, mail.eu.company.com,owa.eu.company.co...

split text in cell into 2 #2
I am needing help with formula. I have a cell that takes values from several other cells to create one long line text (for a command used in other app). For ex: a1=jack b1=ran c1="There was a person named"&a1&"who was hungry and"&b1&" to Mcdonalds." This process works great except when the line is greater than 72. I need an if statment that says if c1 length is greater than 72 then to split / replace line AFTER name(a1). Where the split occurs a +, and carriage return needs to be added. So in the example above (pretend length will be over 72,...

change text field to a check box
My database users want to change an existing text field over to a checkbox. Right now, users are entering "Complete" for finished work items, and the items are then transferred from the active table to the completed table. What they want to do now is just check a box for completed items and have the same result occur. How would I create the check box so this would occur? And how would I change the existing text fields in the workflow tables to check boxes? >>How would I create the check box so this would occur? You can not. You need to add a new field and then update...

Dates, time zones,daylight saving time
I live in the U.S. Eastern time zone (EST = GMT-5). An application I wrote his hosted on a server in the Pacific time zone (PST = GMT-8). I'm anticipating a time when I could have customers in yet other time zones, and each of them may have users that are themselves in multiple time zones. Even without going that far--even just serving my own users in my own time zone--I've had to make an adjustment. I've got a web page that shouldn't allow users to submit new data after a date and time that's stored in the database, April 15, 2010, at 10:00 PM. So I have Apr...

Export Access field using VBA to Outlook Message Window
I am not 100% sure how to do this. I have an Access Database and am going to be creating queries from the data. The most important field is going to be the e-mail field because once the user has the right query I want them to be able to click "E-mail" and it will take all the e-mails and open their outlook, create a new message window, and drop all the E-mails into the "To" box. I have looked around but i'm not sure how to make the Access VBA do this. Anyone have any tips or done something similar? Thank you for your time! On Oct 9, 12:01 pm, djjohnst <djjoh...@gma...

GP8 vs GP10 Manufacturing Tables
Hello. Would anyone know what table(s) replace GP8 table MP010230 (MRP Weeks) in GP10? I was using this table in some MS Access queries and have to re-create for GP10. I have found table MRP2230 but the field names are not the same - I am hoping there is another :) Thx a lot, M. ...

Form Field Help line does not show
Hello, I have a medium-size template with a lot (several dozens) of form fields. Some have logical connection, so I'm using ActiveDocument.FormFields("SomeField").Select method to force jump to a specific field on the form. Sometimes this is done from the "exit" macro that does validations, and sometimes to skip some irrelevant fields. I've encountered two issues: 1. The help text in the status line will not show for the proper field in ..Select 2. I can't jump back to the same field. The workaround I found is: .Select a read-only previous fi...

backup #2
I've saved my old email folders to a CD for backup. When i try to retreive the files in Outlook Express I can't find the files. Can somebody tell me how to get my backed up files? ...

Highlighting Cells #2
In columns A:F, the sheet is text. I would like to highlight a row in a color, (Say A5:F:5) when an "A" is typed into F:5 Can this be done? -- comotoman ------------------------------------------------------------------------ comotoman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27292 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470747 Your question is confusing so I don't quite understand what you want to do. It sounds like you want conditional formatting. Here is what I think you want to do. If not please be ...

master select page field for many pivots in one work book
I am building massive pivot reports - many pivots on many sheets of a work book. Is there a way to select a page field value in a pivot ( or other fields as well) and have all other pivots on the sheet, other sheets, and the entire workbook have there page filed set to this same value. This would allow me to deploy some fantastic tools to people. I am speaking of slect the customer(one fo my fields) in a single pivot - designated as the master pivot if thats easier - then have automated switch to that cusotmer in all other page fields. Thanks for the time ...

No Access to Public Folder #2
Hello, I have a problem with my Exchange 2000, as I just tried to open the Public Folder in the System Manager I got this message: The object is no longer available Press F5 to try again ID No 800040e19 Exchange System Manager I also cannot connect to the mailboxes with Outlook Wb Access What can I do? ...

set up recurring (15-min) reminders
Our library director wants our librarians to get up from the reference desk every 15 minute and walk around asking patrons if they want help. We want the ability to turn an Outlook reminder on or off every day, depending on whether the librarian is on the public service desk or not. -- ChrisC "ChrisC" <ChrisC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF91C6BD-0D1E-47BC-B2E7-9DAA1F25AB06@microsoft.com... > Our library director wants our librarians to get up from the reference desk > every 15 minute and walk around asking patrons if they want help. W...

Printing Catalog #2
I have made a booklet using Publisher Catalog template. When I print out the pages I am fine, except that I have a blank page in the middle. My project is 28 pages and I have a blank page between pages 14 & 15. Please help ASAP grammy wrote: > I have made a booklet using Publisher Catalog template. When I print out the > pages I am fine, except that I have a blank page in the middle. My project > is 28 pages and I have a blank page between pages 14 & 15. > > Please help ASAP Sounds like you've made a 27-page catalogue, and forgotten to add an extra blank...

RUN-TIME ERROR IN SIMPLE SORT MACRO
I have a simple macro that is supposed to call a named range 'Catalogue' and sort it in a specified order. But I always get "Run-time error '1004': This operation requires the merged cells to be identically sized." The macro is: Sub SortNFAuthor() ' ' SortNFAuthor Macro ' Macro recorded 13/9/2004 by Lindsay D. Graham ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+S ' Application.Goto Reference:="Catalogue" Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("K3"), Order1:=xlAscending, Key2:=Range("A3") _ ...

Remove Empty Data Fields
I have a table with 40 fields and import data into it from another source. Sometimes there could be 50000 records and at other times there is 500 records. Is there a way to programatically remove fields from the table that do not not have a data in it. Like : if myTable.Season1 is null then Delete myTable.Season1 is this possible in a Loop checking to see if any fields are null. Thanks Craig Craig Why?! If you don't have data for a field, you don't put anything in there. Why would you want to delete the field itself? And what will you do when what you are importing has...

Questions about components on design time
I am creating a min-IDE. I appreciate any efforts of helping me going through. You are very kind and patient, especially thanks to Armin. Most of the problem has solved (most of the properties of all the elements can be stored on DB. there are few exceptions) : 1. For nested type (with + sign). I see that their conventer translated the nested types properly, so I can store and retrieve the types with no problem - I didn't see any exception yet, but are there any type you know I must go to inner type (How can I do that : if propertyInfo.propertyType.isNested then .....

Time Format 01-19-10
Hello I have a worksheet where one of the columns is TIME. All I want is that I write 0315 (3.15 AM) and it appears as 03:15. Is there a solution for this? Thanks in advance. You need an event macro for that: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Column = 10 Then 'change column No as necessary Application.EnableEvents = False ora = Int(Target.Value / 100) perc = Target.Value - ora * 100 Target.Value = TimeSerial(ora, perc, 0) Application.EnableEvents = True End If End Sub This one works for colu...

Opening workbooks on the same worksheet each time
I am trying to get workbooks with many worksheets to open on the same worksheet, and preferably the same cell each time they are opened. Any ideas? Usr something like this, put in thisworkbook code Private Sub Workbook_Open() Sheets("Sheet1").Select Range("B2").Select End Sub To put in this macro, from your workbook right-click the workbook's icon and pick View Code. This icon is to the left of the "File" menu this will open the VBA editor, in the left hand window double click on thisworkbook, under your workbook name, and paste the code in the wi...

Recipient Policies #2
I'm on a Windows 2000 network using Exchange as my mail server and ISA as my firewall. Currently I'm trying to add email addresses in my recipiant policys and they all seem to bounce before they hit my exchange server. Right now I have two domains that I recieve mail from and I'm trying to add 3 more. My Recipient policy is fine and I have added the new email addresses to a test user but they all come back with this to my yahoo account: "My external Ip Address" does not like recipient. Remote host said: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for user@mydomain.com. Any help would...

PO Return Shipment vs PO Invoice Match
All PO's are committed to Sales Orders. 100 Widgets are put on a PO 40 Widgets are received via PO Shipment Receipt 40 Widgets are shipped to customer Customer discovers there is something wrong with the widgets Customer ship Widgets back A PO return is done for the 40 widgets before any PO invoice match is done 40 more widgets are received via PO shipment receipt AP now does a PO invoice match on this line on the PO and GP says to invoice 80 That is incorrect. 40 is the correct number because 80 were received but 40 were returned so the correct number to invoice is 40. The people in AP ...

Get paid to post in forums.. #2
myLot promises to pay as you talk on its discussion boards. You can post and reply to whatever topic that you like. to join: http://www.mylot.com/?ref=blogger1 The following is taken from their website: ****************************** How does this work? We have implemented a system to give everyone who uses the internet the ablity to make money. The idea is pretty simple - if you contribute to the myLot Community - whether it is by posting a new discussion, responding to a current discussion, commenting on a current discussion, or referring friends, you earn money. Our goal is t...

Reading with class XmlTextReader #2
It is possible to go directly for one definitive Node without having that to make one while using the XmlTextReader classroom? If possible, please give me an example. Thank's Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services ---------------------------------------------------------- ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY ** ---------------------------------------------------------- http://www.usenet.com ...