Remember Password -Outlook 2000

I cannot get Outlook 2000 to "remember password" for my e-
mail accounts.  I can check the "remember password" box
and type in the password...or I can type in the password
and check the box.  It doesn't matter what order I do it
in, my password isn't saved.

Any ideas would be most appreciated.

Thanks.
0
anonymous (74723)

Exchange 2000 stm files
My setup is Exchange 2k in Windows 2k server. The size of priv1.edb is approx 12 GB and pub.edb 6,5 GB. The size of priv1.stm is 6,7 GB and pub1.stm 1,5 GB. The stm files are not deleted after the store starts up. I also get an information error in the event that 'online defragmentation of priv1.edb was interrupted and terminated' My problem is that backup (Windows 2k backup) assumes stm files are part of the store and therefore my backup data are approx 24 GB. Your stm files are part of the stores. In Exchange 200x, the private database is mae up of two file priv.edb and priv....

Change password over OWA
Hello Some of our company users wants to change domain accaunt passwords through OWA (Exchange 2000) option. But when I click Change Password button I get a new frame saying The page cannot be found The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. SSL for OWA is enabled. Do I need to configure or install any other applications? Thanks for all help Regards Miha You need to perform a few extra steps on top of enabling SSL: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;327134&Produc...

How to change Exchange 2000 Global Address List / Distribution List
Does anyone know how to change the Global Address List / Distribution List in Exchange Server 2000 and/or 2003 We have user accounts that are no longer valid, but want to retain their mailboxes for a while before removing them. In the interim, we don't want their names to show on the distribution list Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you You can hide them from the GAIL. Use Active Directory Users & Computers (make sure set to advanced view), and you'll find the setting on the Exchange Advanced tab of the user object. Be warned that doing this will prevent the use...

Access 2000 not locking up with 2003 (saved as 2000 ver) file
I have been using MS Access 2000 and 2002 (and prior versions) together for years. MS 2000 and 2002 have had no problems. I just loaded 2003 and now my 2000 users have the following problem (2002 and 2003 have no problems): 1. when the 2000 user opens the database the first time, no problem. 2. after they have opened it once, the database locks up when they try to enter a form with records (i.e., more than just a main menu type form). 3. from then on, the database locks up when they go into one of these forms. These are replicated databases. I've tried just coping the database (cop...

Password Protection
I have many password protected documents in Word 2003. When I attemp to remove the password protection in Word 2007 via Prepare / Encrypt, the password from the 2003 version does not appear. Therefore, I am unable to remove it. Is there any solution? Thanks, -- Sue Neyens Executive Assistant If the documents are password protected against opening then open the document, applying the password(s). Then in Word 2007, from SaveAs > Tools > General Options Remove the password(s) and click OK (not protect document!). Save the document. -- <>>< ><&...

Can't check "remember password" in microsoft mail
Can't check "remember password" in microsoft mail Microsoft mail is old and unsupported. Upgrade to a newer server or version of Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Aston asked: | Can't check "remember password" in microsoft mail ...

Password / Auto_Open Macro Problem :-(
Hi, I recently made this macro in excel: http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.basic.visual.misc/browse_thread/thread/4224d7377faa09d3/e008d26c6bdad365 I then made an Auto_Open macro consisting of the line "call Highlighted_Text()" . My workbook has always had a password. Since opening the workbook with the Auto_Open macro, I am asked for my password as usual. But even though I am entering the correct password, I am told that it is wrong and to check if I have my SHIFT key turned off. I CAN'T ACCESS THE WORKBOOK!!!! I have tried pressing the SHIFT key different ways...

GP V8 Password
Hi, I am the GP administrator for my company. I have the following questions: 1.My password is not case sensitive, this is not a good practice. How can I change the password policy to make it sensitive? 2. In the User Setup window, the Enforce Password Policy, Enforce Password Expiration and Change Password Next Login are all greyed out, is there any way to turn them on? Thanks in advance! Whats your SQL version? 2000 or later? -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.com http://www.great...

Contacts: remember last position/lookup?
I have a lot of contacts and when I type someones name and then find them and then switch to Mail or something else it looses my position in contacts. I have to then retype their name. It would be nice if Outlook could remember the last record I was on, but give me an option to start a new search. BTW I am just typing the name not using Find. Can it do this? TIA ...

PASSWORDS #7
Here's the idiot question of the day. Is there anyway to open a worksheet that is password protected if you don't know(remember)your password? Hi try searching Google for 'Excel password remover' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany DS wrote: > Here's the idiot question of the day. Is there anyway to > open a worksheet that is password protected if you don't > know(remember)your password? If it's a worksheet that's protected, you can find a macro that'll help at J.E. McGimpsey's site: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.ht...

password-protect
This should be easy but my search on Microsoft.com and the net offer conflicting answers. Outlook 2002. Is it possible to password-protect an individual folder? I have read I can protect a pst but there is conflicting data on whether the data is actually protected. Ideally, I can protect only one folder. No. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "JLunis" <jlunis@charter.net> wrote in message news:EOhYd.48266$z16.11968@fe06....

Unwanted formating (excel 2000)
We have to import a file (CSV) where data in a column is in "999:99" or "99:99" format. For unknown to me reason the built in logic treats that data as Time and Excel converts some data in this column into wrong format. For example 23:25 will stays 23:25 25:00 will be converted into 25:00:00 120:00 will be converted into 120:00:00 When I format column as text 23:25 will be converted into 0.975695 25:00 will be converted into 1.041667 120:00 will be converted into 5 How can I disable this madness? Thanks MH If you rename your .csv file to .txt, then when you open th...

MS Office 2000
I have to post this in here because the office newgroup is currently down. Does anyone know how to get rid of "tracked changes" in a document. My help in MS Office isn't working Hello Justin, If this does not come too late: in Microsoft Word use following steps: Tools -> Track Changes -> Accept or Reject changes -> Reject all. Is this what you wanted ? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ This may help with the problem of your o...

NT Password Authentication
Hi,unless my workstations log in to the domain NT Password Authentication does not work. The local passwords match the email password.It still asks for the username, password and domain. Thanks, Leon ...

Money 2000 #13
My hard drive crash, but before it happened I saved all my files. I had Money 2000 on a floppy disc. I an not able to retore my information. I try and open the file, the program states that it needs to restore, and when it trys to open the the file, I receive an error message that it the file is read only. I have changed the attributes, but still it will not open with my information. What do I need to do to restore my money information?? You cannot directly "open up" Money backup files. You need to have a working Money file (*mny) running on your hard drive and then im...

Print in CRM report asks for username and password
When I am in CRM and under reports, I run a report based on parameters. After entering the parameter selection, the report executes fine. The problem is, now if I want to print and click on print, it asks me for username and password and reselection of parameters? I checked Trusted Connection in DB settings in crystal, but still problem occurs. Any thoughts? ...

Running a query against a password protected spreadsheet
I used to be able to run an access query against a linked excel spreadsheet and update information in the spreadsheet. The spreadsheet is now password protected, and although I can run the query against it OK, I can no longer update data in it. Does anyone have any solution to this. Regards Steve What version of Access and how long ago were you able to do this? The reason that I ask is that Microsoft lost a patent lawsuit a few years ago on updating linked Excel worksheets from Access. I believe that they blocked this ability from Access 2002 and newer. http://support...

Remembering
Every time I launch Windows Live Mail it does not remember my username and password even though I repeatedly gone into the options to enable this. Could something else be doing this? My version is about 6 months old. Try the solution from Jonathan Kay has posted in his blog: http://messengergeek.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!E3785B1281BBDA1!2883.entry "MICROSOFT" wrote: > Every time I launch Windows Live Mail it does not remember my username and > password even though I repeatedly gone into the options to enable this. > Could something else be doing this...

Password protected form
I have Access 2003. Can I put a password on a form, or in a Macro? I want to limit those who have access to certain forms through command buttons. I would typically use the network login to determine who can open forms. However, you can use a little code in the On Open event to keep out manageable users like: Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) Cancel = InputBox("Enter the password to continue", "Password") & "" <> "letmein" End Sub -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Lyne Savage" wrote: > I ...

Import 2000 PST into 2003 Problem
I have a client who has Outlook 2000 Sp3 on a Win98 system. His pst file was 2.1gb. He got a new system and installed Outlook 2000 with Sp3 and it would not import or open the file. I tried deleting data from the old file 1st on the old pc to reduce the pst file size. Of course without compacting the file it stayed at 1.99gb. When I tried to import it into Outlook 2003 I get an error message that the file is to bog and I should try and use Outlook 2003. I am using 2003. Any Ideas? (I tried copying and importing the file, exporting it 1st form the old PC prior to importing and just o...

Publisher 2000 vs Publisher 2002
My colleague is sending me documents that he has made up in Publisher 2002. I only have Publisher 2000 and when I try to open them get the error message "Publisher cannot open files in a different version". Is there any way round this? Your colleague can save his documents as Publisher 2000. They will be much larger than a 2002 publication. If you don't need to edit the files, PDF conversion would be better. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Yumyum" <Yumyum@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

password protect workbook #2
In older versions of Excel I was able to have a message box appear whe the file opened allowing a user to either enter a password or selec read only. How is this accomplished in Excel 2002 running on Window 2000 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi choose file / save as in the browse window's toolbar select tools / general options ... the password options at workbook level are under here cheers JulieD "gkelle >" <<gkelle.19e2g5@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:gkelle.19e2g5@excelforum-nospam.com... > In older versions of Excel I wa...

Password not being saved
I just set up outlook 2K on a Win 2K Pro machine. Everytime I do a send & recieve it ask for the password (PW) of the e-maill address. I found a fix in the knowledge base, but I'm unable to do the fix. It says to click on the advanced tab of the permissions setting, under the registery on a certain key. I do not see the option, nor how to get to the permissions setting. Can some one direct me on how to resolve these issues. Thanks. P.S. I am the administrator of the computer & not connected to a domain. Here is the site or the fix I'm trying to do. http://support.micr...

how to remember where you are in excel
New to excel, need help, the job I desire this is a requirement, I once had a job, but unable to process keeping the cells, straight, moving the data forward, and seeing which cutomers needed to be taken care of that day, and closed was imperative, and I need to know how to get in and out of a cell and how to set them up with great accurac y and confidence, none of which I have at this moment in time press Ctrl + home to go to A1 "Notthesamesong" wrote: > New to excel, need help, the job I desire this is a requirement, I once had a > job, but unable to process keeping ...

linked dbf tables have "invalid names" after conversion from Access 97 to Access 2000
We're using dbf files to bring data from another application to Access for detailed analysis and reporting. We have recently upgraded from Access 97 to Access 2000. Everything seems to have converted fine except linked dbf tables. The previous linked tables worked fine in Access 97 for several years. When you try and open the table Access 2000 reports that : " is not a valid name. Make sure that it does not include invalid characters or punctuation and that it is not to long. Even if we try and relink to the dbf files we get the same error. We have found that if we move the files t...