Reinstallation of Windows XP and Outlook

I had to reinstall XP on my computer, and it wiped out
everything in Outlook 2002, including my inbox, outbox,
contacts, etc... Is there a way that this can be
recovered, or did XP just delete it all? I've reinstalled
earlier versions of windows in the past, and never lost
any email settings or messages (inbox or outbox).
0
brucej62 (1)

Fixed it...Windows XP had created a second profile with
the same name. At first, it did not show up, but later,
after rebooting the computer, it showed two profiles.
When I clicked on the first one, everything that had been
missing showed up.

Bruce

0
brucej621 (1)

How do I Install Publisher2003 in windows ME? HELP!
I have Windows Millineum and I am trying to install publisher2003 with digital imaging for a much needed and overdue newsletter project. It will not install. It tells me that I need a newer version of Windows, but when I check on publisher's requirements, it reads windows 2000 or above so I believe it should install. If anyone can tell me what to do, I would appreciate it. Keep in mind that I know very little about computers, very, very, little. Thanks, Linda Carter Housecat02@hotmail.com It will never install on Windows Me. Read the box... Publisher 2003 will install on Wind...

Outlook 2002 #225
I was able to send reports in rtf formatt in the body of the email from Ms Acess 2000 through Outlook 2000. Now I have Outlook 2002 and the format shows the source codes instead of the real format of my report. Please Help!!! It's impossible for anyone to help without knowing how you are creating = the mail message body.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/j...

Trust access to visual basic project in XP systems
we have 2000 OS in some system and XP in some system .Excel in XP system not have checkbox (Trust access to visual Basic Project) for macros . Because of the this i think vb exe which is try to run excel macro are failing. can any one hlep me. This is a setting that each user must change. So I think you'll have to educate the users to change this setting before your VB program can run. kasi wrote: > > we have 2000 OS in some system and XP in some system .Excel in XP system not > have checkbox (Trust access to visual Basic Project) for macros . > Because of the this i...

Windows Live Call
Hi everybody, hello Jonathan, I would like to know if Windows Live Call will be available in Czech Republic or there is any possibility MS starts discussion with any local call provider? WLM isnt used so much as the ICQ in CZ, but I think WLM would be more popular if there would be this option, because ICQ supports only SMS messages and local call rates are high (except Skype). Thanks for answer and happy new year to all :) Greetings Petr, I really have no idea and to be honest, I probably won't be able to find out. However, if I do, I will update this threa...

outlook multiple e mail users
how do I set up outlook so that each of our outlook e-mail addreses require passwords to access? as soon as I click on oulook, my e-mail pops up. no password casper wrote: > how do I set up outlook so that each of our outlook e-mail addreses require > passwords to access? as soon as I click on oulook, my e-mail pops up. no > password Go into the account defined in Outlook and blank out the password field. Also uncheck the "remember password" checkbox. You can't. You'll need to set up multiple user accounts on the computer if you want password protection. -Pe...

Reinstall " framedyn.dll "
I've been to Google for this but I still have not had any success . Might there be a solution without paying for this supposed fix ? I'm running XP SP3 , OE 6 . TIA , D. "Application Has Failed to Start Because Framedyn.dll Was Not Found" Error Message When You Open the System Properties Dialog Box http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319114 D. wrote: > I've been to Google for this but > I still have not had any success . > Might there be a solution without > paying for this supposed fix ?...

Outlook 2003 and Windows 7 problem
I justed added Outlook 2003 to my new computer which came with Windows 7 preinstalled. Everything seemed to be working ok until I tried to add apic to an email. I pressed the insert file button and hit the drop down looking for the libraries folder to get a pic. I'm finding that in outlook this folder is blank. I have plenty of pics in libraries so I know that is not the issue. Does anyone have any idea what is happening and a possible fix? Thnaks Brian Office 2003 uses its own file browser which is not aware of the Library structure which was introduced in Windows...

IMF
We had a problem with IIS which meant we had to remove and reinstall it. Since we have it back up and running IMF seems to no longer work. when trying to reinstall sp2 for exchange 2003 it is saying a previous version of imf exists. This is definatley not IMF v1 as we have had SP2 installed for a while and no problems. Any ideas how i can workaround this problem? Just as a side note OWA has also stopped working, when inputting your username and password you get a message saying: "HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden". Not sure if they are related as of yet. Cheers in advance for any he...

Switch between identities in Outlook?
Hi, we have a number of part-time employees who share the one pc. I would like to know if it is possible to allow them to access their exchange 2003 mailboxes separately through Outlook 2000 / Outlook Express 6 while logged in under the one windows account. ie something similar to the way you can switch identites in OE when using pop accounts. Is this possible with exchange mailboxes? Thanks PS running Outlook 2000 Corporate or Workgroup mode You could have them start Outlook with the /profile:"Profile Name" command line switch to switch MAPI profiles easily. "BS10"...

Added Windows 2008 TS to SBS 2003: Group Policy
All, Yesterday I added a new Windows 2008 R2 Terminal Server to our existing SBS 2003 R2 environment. My question is this: I want to "lock down" this new server, so do I create a Group Policy on the SBS box or on the new 2008 TS box? Thank you, Thomas Hello Thomas, To configure a GPO for Windows server 2008 R2 you should use a Windows 7 machine or the server, install GPMC and if needed RSAT tools on the Windows server 2008 R2 from "add features" Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warra...

Do you have a useful monthly calendar print template for Outlook
Hi. The monthly printout from Office 2003 was good. The monthly template from Office 07 ends up just having the times. Does anyone have a useful monthly template? Thanks. there are some on Microsoft's web site. Just search "Microsoft Outlook 2007 home page" to find a stack of resources. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook in Canberra, Australia "RSC" <RSC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D1E6422A-8D4A-4995-AA4A-3048242EED4B@microsoft.com... > Hi. The monthly printout from Office 2003 was good. The monthly template > ...

Outlook 2007 & Public Folders
Hello: I have Outlook 2007 running against an Exchange 2003 server. All clients use RPC over HTTPS for access. We have a few Public Folders setup. We can access them but the frequently disappear from the list of items along the left side (under Mail Folders). The only way to then access them is via the Go menu. Is there a way to get them to stay there? Thanks. Public Folders do not show when using the MAIL view. Your clients need to use the FOLDER LIST view to see them. Nikki Peterson "MS Poster" <spamaway@nospam.com> wrote in message news:b3173d7168078ca1cd47ba8a8...

Export Outlook emails to Outlook Express #2
At Outlook Express, i exported all my emails to MS OUTLOOK Inbox. But now I want to export them back to Outlook Express but am unable to locate the selection of "Outlook Express" in the Export function of MS OUTLOOK. Appreciate your advice. Thanks "Kenny" <jkkit20@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:012c01c3614d$3bc6b480$a001280a@phx.gbl... > At Outlook Express, i exported all my emails to MS OUTLOOK > Inbox. But now I want to export them back to Outlook > Express but am unable to locate the selection of "Outlook > Express" in the Export functi...

Autocompletion of names within Outlook 2002 ???
Is there a way to turn on Auto Completion of EMail addresses as you type, in Outlook 2002 ? With Outlook Express, this feature has been around for years. I find it hard to believe it's missing in the more robust Outlook. Thanks in advance for any info. -Bob It's in Ol2002 and 2003 - see if it's enabled in tools, options, email, advanced - look for a checkmark at suggest names. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for ans...

How Do I Remove Page # From Cover Sheet w/ Windows 2007?
I am writing a paper in Windows 2007 and cannot have a page number on the cover sheet. Help! Thanks : ) Presumably you mean Word 2007 since (a) there is no Windows 2007 and (b) Windows is not a word processor. Click in the header/footer to open it. In the Options group of the contextual Header & Footer Tools | Design tab, check the box for "Different First Page." Leave the First Page Header/Footer empty. If you need to start the numbering with 1 on the the second page, click on Page Number, choose Format Page Numbers, and change the "Page numbering" set...

Removed Outlook
Opps, I removed Outlook 2000 by mistake, I was told to do it from IT, now I cant find my XP CD, how can I re-download it, it is in MS Office XP if so I have that -- Jim You can't. You must have the CD. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "theflem1" <theflem1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8379A2F9-0768-4350-AEED-EEA11D8C5147@microsoft.com... > Opps, I removed Outlook 2000 by mistake, I was told to do it from IT, now > I > cant find my XP CD, how can I re-download it, it is in MS Office XP if so > I > have that > -- > Jim On Sa...

toobar missing from document window
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel How can I get my toolbars to appear in new (and old) documents at the top of the page they way they did in my old Word version? When I click formatting, the menu appears in a separate box and not inside the document window. I cannot drag and drop it in the toolbox the way I used to do... Not sure what "old Word version" you're referring to, but I don't recall Toolbars being in the document window in any version of Word � Windows or Mac � *other* than 2008. They've always been (and still...

Outlook won't seend outgoing emails
I've got three separate email accounts (all with comcast.com) on my outlook program on another computer. Recently for no reason I can fathom, all outgoing email on each of these three email accounts fails to send. Incoming email all works fine on all three accounts. Comcast says it's a problem on my computer and assisted in reviewing all of the settings but to no avail in solving the problem. I even reinstalled Outlook but the problem remains. Can anybody suggest a solution? Thanks, Dave "Dave" wrote: > I've got three separate email accounts (all with com...

Sales For Outlook
Our offline feature still doesn't work :( We get this error: An error has occured. For more information, contact your system administrator. Everything else works fine (both IE and Outlook browsers for CRM). I thought it was the publicatoins so I tried disabling our publications and then recreating them using the stored procedure mentioned here: http://www.greatplains.com/techknowledge/techknowledge.asp?id=29538&target=PS still nothing. I have no idea what to try now. I've searched all of techknowledge and found nothing useful. I've made a call to MS, but I have a feeling...

I can't reinstall the Personal Folders Backup
M=E9xico DF January 11 of 2003 After I reinstall Office 2003 Professional I can't=20 install the Outlook 2003 add-in: PERSONAL FOLDERS BACKUP. I download the installer plbackup and when I start I see=20 setup has detect that you already have a version of=20 Personal Folders Backup installed on the machine. Before=20 this download can be installed you must uninstall the=20 previous version, to uninstall please answer YES to the=20 next question. Are you sure you want to uninstall the product? I answer YES I see this action is only valid for products that are=20 installed. SETUP ERRO...

Outlook Hangs with CRM client installed
Outlook hangs and is unusable when CRMaddin is enabled. I have discovered by clicking on the outlook icon in the systemtray and clicking on 'cancel server request' frees up outlook and produces an error popup that says there was an error synchronizing contacts. To keep the users Outlook functioning, I have disabled synchronization. Is there a way to cure this other than disabling synchronization? We upgraded from 1.2 to 3.0 and the client has been uninstalled and reinstalled prior to making the cancel server request discovery... Bernie. We are having the same problem here. ...

Outlook Hangs #3
We migrated to another exchange server after merging with another company. We took the old server off-line and some users are still trying to query that server and it locks there system up. I have removed the profiles; rebooted and then recreated the profile and email account and still get the same issue. Has anyone else seen this or know how to fix it. There is no pointer in a host file either. Thanks. .. Trevore, Do these users have any public folders added to their Outlook Bar? When do they get the error specifying the old server? Which versions of Exchange & Outlook? ...

Priting from a splitter window
I am attempting access the onPrint function of a splitter window. I have six splitter windows, of which the top left window is a formview. The print menu item messages the formview, which does not print anything. What I would really like to do is print the contents of the "second" splitter window. How can I direct the print message to the correct splitter window? I am using the SplitterWndEx class as described in http://www.codeguru.com/mfc/comments/7113.shtml Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You, Pat You never print the splitter window itself, but the view it sp...

outlook express to outlook mail default
i recently changed to outlook from express, and now i still get messages in express but not outlook You have to stop useing express, or remove the accounts, or set it not to check for mail. Presumably you set up outlook and ran test accounts? "kncltd" <kncltd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B08EB50-4C9D-4BEC-8668-5DE7527D85C2@microsoft.com... >i recently changed to outlook from express, and now i still get messages in > express but not outlook ...