Redirect /Forwarding to external SMTP address Rules not working

HI to all

I am trying fire a rule in outlook 2000 (Exchange 2000 SP3)

When a mail arrives forward to external SMTP ( mail address in Personal
Address Book)  these rule  is not firing but i am able to forward it to my
internal address.

Thx in advance.

Kbnreddy.

0
kchittin (2)

Can you manually forward the mail to the external address?

"NarsaReddy" <kchittin@ks2.stph.net> wrote in message
> HI to all
>

> I am trying fire a rule in outlook 2000 (Exchange 2000 SP3)
>
> When a mail arrives forward to external SMTP ( mail address in Personal
> Address Book)  these rule  is not firing but i am able to forward it to my
> internal address.

0
vince8328 (2733)
10/28/2003 11:20:03 AM
Yes i can forwarded manually

but when i am trying fire the rule getting a error say that

the forward does not support

"Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" <vince@omegageek.com> wrote in message
> Can you manually forward the mail to the external address?
>
> "NarsaReddy" <kchittin@ks2.stph.net> wrote in message
> > HI to all
> >

> > I am trying fire a rule in outlook 2000 (Exchange 2000 SP3)
> >
> > When a mail arrives forward to external SMTP ( mail address in Personal
> > Address Book)  these rule  is not firing but i am able to forward it to
my
> > internal address.

0
kchittin (2)

Importing Address Books from Palm
I've got a lot of contacts from my Notes Address book (now defunct) that I exported to an old Palm III and Palm Desktop software. I naiively assumed that I could import this directly into Outlook. After over 30 minutes of searching, a solution doesn't look obvious. Any help out there? >-----Original Message----- >I've got a lot of contacts from my Notes Address book >(now defunct) that I exported to an old Palm III and Palm >Desktop software. I naiively assumed that I could import >this directly into Outlook. After over 30 minutes of >searching,...

Mailboxes not working properly- HELP!
Did a backup and defrag of exchange server and general maintenance. Put the mail store folder and mailboxes back but now some of my users cannot view the mail in the boxes. All the email is there but when you view the messages, they are blank and the attachments don't open. You are able to see the size of the message and the attachments but they are not viewable ....what now? Help very, very appreciated. Thanks Did not check this but will. Why are only some boxes affected and not others? "Brij" wrote: > Any error message in App log when database was mounted after de...

MS Access 2003 freezes but VB editor still works
Hi All I have an MS Access 2003 database that has been operatiing fine for 6 months. All of a sudden I have a problem where after adding a record with VB MS Access is completely unresponsive. That is, to the user MS Access freezes and has to be killed with the task manager. What is weird is that I can still use VB editor and successfully run commands in the current window like: ? CurrentDb.Name ? Form_FMainSearch.Name I can also look at all the modules etc as though MS Access is not frozen. This suggests to me MS Access is not frozen but cannot redisplay itse...

Outlook Group Policy Setting Not Working
I am using the Outlk11.adm group policy template and cannot configure one setting. The "Minimize Outlook to System Tray" does not work through group policy or the Custom Installation Wizard. The registry key never gets created. Can someone help? Noel ...

How do I get my "CONTACTS" info into my "OUTLOOK Address Bool"?
I have XP and Office Professional, Outlook 2002 sp2. I have imported an old pre-pda file into contacts and need to get that information into the outlook adress book. but I can not even make a single entry into the OAB. Help! Right click on your contacts folder, go to properties, outlook address book, and tick the box. The OAB isn't an object, it's just a view of your contacts folder(s). Nick wrote: > I have XP and Office Professional, Outlook 2002 sp2. I > have imported an old pre-pda file into contacts and need > to get that information into the outlook adress book. b...

mail forward
Hi, I am using Exchange 2000 and I have set one particular user to have a copy of his mail sent to his secretery. It works really well. He now wants to have a second email address, which is easy to create an alias, but he does not want this address forwarded to his secretary. Is there any way to do this in his account. I don't want to have to create another account for him and then set that up in his Outlook. I will if I have to but it just seems there should be a way to do it. Thanks for the help Assign the alias to a public folder that only he was rights to view. -- regards, Mi...

outlook has stopped working
I get this message everytime I try to open the program.It checks for a solution and none will be found. I recently setup my outlook email and registered my product . Any help would be appricated. Does the dialog provide any more details? "(fl)joe" <(fl)joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:63060EF9-B688-4176-A366-16DDE077A964@microsoft.com... > I get this message everytime I try to open the program.It checks for a > solution and none will be found. I recently setup my outlook email and > registered my product . Any help would be appricated. no...

Adv Filter fails in macro, works manually
I created a form with comboboxes and textboxes so the user could select search criteria. The selections are written to the criteria range of a worksheet. Underneath the criteria range, on the same worksheet, is the extract range. Both ranges include column headers. The code does not give any run-time errors, but neither does it populate the extract range with any data. If I hardcode the criteria--i.e., bypass the form and enter the criteria directly on the spreadsheet--the extract range is populated with all the data, not just the ones with criteria entered. I thought perhaps...

creating rules in macro or other way?
Hi... What is the best way to create folders and rules to redirect messages to the folders in outlook 2003? At the moment I only know how to create rules individually on each client machines. I would like to set the rules to apply for selective users from the server. Can this be done with an Outlook .prf file or GPO or some kind of script for targeted users? Any suggestion would be great.. Many thanks. Pwint You can't use a prf or gpo... VBA will work. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/292063 -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need ...

Cut and paste and email address from Outlook 2000
Hello, I want to be able to cut and paste email addresses from Outlook - currently, the site I am at lists the email address in the To: field by lastname, first. If I right click the name and choose properties - get 5 tabs, on of them is Email addresses. It lists the different email addresses in EDK, SMTP and X.400 format. I want to cut and paste the SMTP portion - but cannot. I can select it - but no copy option. Ctrl-C does not work. How can I copy the full email address from Outlook? Thanks, Tmuld. ...

Linking to external databases on startup
I have a database that has tables that are likned to a SQL database via a ODBC driver. The problem is that each time I open the database I have to manually go through File --> Get External Data --> Link Tables --> Select 'ODBC Databases' --> Then select the connection in 'File Data Sources' --> Type in my Password --> Then select a database and click 'Ok'. I don't actually need to select any of the SQL databases at this point, but unless I do this the other linked tables in the database won't link to the SQL database. I am sure that th...

Rules #48
Hi! Is there any possibility to automatically import outlook (xp) rules an clients (registry, or with a tool)? >>> not manually import / export at the rules wizard I would need this, because our Spam Defense Software is configured that it only marks Mails with "*****SPAM*****" but doesn't delete the items. Many Users want that these items are move to the deleted items folder. Any ideas? Thanxs! Peter ...

Forwarding Emails to Newsgroups
I receive periodic updates of Earthquake activity from around the globe. I'd like to be able to forward these updates automatically to an earthquake newsgroup. Can it be done? Gareth ...

Error Downloading OffLine Address Book from Exchange Server 2000 in Outlook 2003
Hi, I am posting this message in the hope that somebody will be able to assist me with an issue that my users are experiencing. Currently when my users are attemptting to download the 'Offline Address Book' from within Outlook 2003 SP1 from our Exchange server which is running Exchange 2000 Server with Service Pack 3 installed. They get the following error message when using their mailbox in non-cached mode: An error occured while opening the Microsoft Exchange offline address book on the Exchange server When they do the following command combination: Tools - Send/Receive - ...

Outlook Rules tips
Hi, I am trying to help a colleague create a rule for one of his mailboxes. He currently is the admin for a mailbox that all requests come into. The email box that he is monitoring has a new address where the requests go to. I am looking of how to write a rule so when any email comes to that specific address it goes to the new address either by forwarding or replying back with an answer. the only thing i like to mention is he doesn't want his own mailbox to get inundating with the reply all. I apologize in advance on if this is convoluted. Thank you Vicky ...

Automatic forwarding
We have Exchange Server 2003 (no SP yet) and using Outlook 2000 for the primary client. I am having a problem getting mail from a user to automatically forward for a user when they are out of the office. Basically, I have a users that goes out on the road and would like to have his messages forwarded to user@domain.com whenever he leave the office and I don't want to have to configure the Exchange Server for him every time he leaves. I thought I could just setup a rule in the Rules Wizard that forwarded all messages to user@otherdomain.com and have him enable the rule whenever he...

Outlook 2003 Rule Not Working Properly
We are running Outlook 2003 SP3 with Exchange 2003. We have a rule on an inbox that is set to have the server respond to incoming messages with a specified message, i.e. "Your order has been received..." The issue is that the response works for internal addresses, but the response will not be sent when a message is received from outside our network. Is this being logged somewhere? What is my best bet to troubleshoot this? By secure default, Exchange doesn't automatically reply to messages coming from the Internet. To change this behavior see; http://www.howto-o...

'have server reply using a specific message' rule
First let me apologize for just posting without reading the 3500 entries my reader found. If this has been discussed before I didn't find it using some simple search on the newsgroup. Anyway here is what I want to do: I'm trying to setup some rules that will take an incoming email with specific words in the subject, then with specific words in the body move it to subfolders and then reply back to the sender with a specific message. In this case we are having customers use a registration form. Once they register if they are not some spam locations we get filling out forms etc e...

Query of External Data
I'm using a ODBC connection to query a oracle database. If I refresh a query and email the file to the intended recipients, I can limit what they can see by changing the query to include/exclude certaing markets. Is there a way that I can set up the query so the recipient cannot edit the query and have access to all the data...? Or is there a way to disconnect the query from the excel file, this way the query could never be refreshed to the database. We could email them the file daily, but they wouldn't be able to refresh or change the query(to view markets they normally ...

populate a combobox with a returned array from an external dll
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002C_01C62340.9C6A7760 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi all, I have an old MFC application that has some comboboxes and I need to fill them dinamically with values returned from an array. This array is returned from a DLL function built with C#. Does anyone can tell me the best way to do this? Thanks in advance, Tiago Teixeira ------=_NextPart_000_002C_01C62340.9C6A7760 Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quo...

How do I scale the axis of a chart from external data so that dis.
Please use Subject line for topic heading and 'white space' for the actual questions. You question was truncated -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "statherdunn" <statherdunn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37F3FE9C-9B41-4180-89BD-C95F0D7C4DA9@microsoft.com... > ...

Re: How do I extract a string from an IP address in Excel?
Or =LEFT(J1,FIND("~",SUBSTITUTE(J1,".","~",3))-1) -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Don Guillett" <dguillett1@gmail.com> wrote in message news:... > One way > =LEFT(J1,FIND(".",J1,FIND(".",J1,FIND(".",J1)+1)+1)-1) > -- > Don Guillett > Microsoft MVP Excel > SalesAid Software > dguillett@gmail.com > "mardoh" <mardoh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:2A471AAA-A145-444F-BB00-FB0A388C15D9@microsoft.com....

How do I get back my sender's address to be shown automatically ?
I have reinstalled my Operating System, including Outlook. Now the system doesn't show my sender's address when I choose to send a new e-mail or forward a received e-mail. How can I restore my sender's e-mail address to be shown automatically on new or forwarded e-mails? You need to create a signature in your mail program and set it to be used for the messages. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com &qu...

Address book backup
I am using Outlook 2003 XP on an XP machine, and I need to backup the outlook address book and calendar. I have to rebuild my machine from time to time and always lose this important data. I know MS has the small backup program that they offer but I allready run a scheduled backup process and do not want another peripheral backup process to keep up with. Does anyone know where MS has hidden the files that contain the address book and the calendar that is accessibile via Outlook? Thanks for your help Charles On a standalone machine the information is stored in a hidden file with a *.pst ...

Auto-Forward of Meeting Responses
We are running Exchange 2000 / Outlook 2003. After staff realignment, we have an assistant who no longer reports to a manager. The manager has removed the assistant from her calendar shared list. Now when the manager sends a meeting request to various attendees, the assistant is not notified in any way. However when anyone invited to the meeting responds with an acceptance or rejection to attend the meeting, the assistant receives a copy of that response. I've looked in the manager's and assistant's rules and alerts and calendar settings, however I cannot find any setting ...