redemption - pickfolder displays empty exchange mailbox

Using Outlook 2003 and Redemption 5.0.0.2174

Hi,

I am developing an application that archives emails and uses
redemption.  I have one user in my test group that is continually
having problems accessing lists of folders.  I wrote my own folder
picker code using mapitables but had to abort that as this user could
not get the folder picker to load, was really slow.

So I reverted to the PickFolder method in Redemption.

On first use of the folder picker, all folders display as expected.
The user initiates an archiving task and all completes without issue.
If the user tries to create another archiving task the folder picker
displays the root node for the mailbox and no folders.  Interestingly
the user has a pst loaded which shows folders.  It only seems to be
the exchange store with "issues".

Closing outlook and reopening it rectifies the issue but this should
not be required.

Any help would be appreciated.

Greg J
0
gjohncock (2)

i highly recommend asking developer questions in the MSDN forums -
that's were the dev experts hang out.
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/outlookdev/threads

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
OutlookForums http://www.outlookforums.com

On 9/7/2011 3:42 PM, Greg J wrote:
> Using Outlook 2003 and Redemption 5.0.0.2174
>
> Hi,
>
> I am developing an application that archives emails and uses
> redemption.  I have one user in my test group that is continually
> having problems accessing lists of folders.  I wrote my own folder
> picker code using mapitables but had to abort that as this user could
> not get the folder picker to load, was really slow.
>
> So I reverted to the PickFolder method in Redemption.
>
> On first use of the folder picker, all folders display as expected.
> The user initiates an archiving task and all completes without issue.
> If the user tries to create another archiving task the folder picker
> displays the root node for the mailbox and no folders.  Interestingly
> the user has a pst loaded which shows folders.  It only seems to be
> the exchange store with "issues".
>
> Closing outlook and reopening it rectifies the issue but this should
> not be required.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Greg J
0
outlookmvp (5838)

display fields based on a count
Hi all I have unbound fields on a form to capture dates entered by the user, the field [PlannedDays] holds the number of relevant days. The fields are named Date2, Date3.... to Date11. Is it possible to only display the correct amount of date fields based on the value in [PlannedDays]? eg if [PlannedDays]=3 then only date fields [Date2], [Date3] and Date4] should be visible for input on the form? I will then need to add these dates via code to a table called [ItineraryDates] field [ReviewDates] (one record per date). Thanks... Sue hi Sue, On 20.04.2010 11:56, Sue ...

Autoarchive errors and exchange 2003
Beware. If you import .pst files into Exchange 2003 mailboxes a hidden modification date is created and set to the date the data is actually loaded on the server. All emails retain their actual sent/received dates but if you try to use autoarchive it looks at this hidden date and will not use the correct dates. Thus users cannot use this function properly. Does anyone have a answer please. Thks Phil OL2000: Message Modification Date Determines Archive Date ID: 197981 The following actions will change the message's modified date/time: - Moving or Copying It then gives you steps t...

Exchange Server 2003 and SP1
I have an Exchange server with SP1 loaded and I use it for LAN email as well as WEb and POP for my remote consultants. I have had terrible problems with getting POP and SMTP working to my satisfaction to the regard that my remote users have permissions to submit emails to other address or relay them. I found out through Experts Exchange site that there is a bug in SP1 that corrupts the SMTP virtual server. They gave tips for a work around that I implimented. I had to configure DNS with forward lookup since my server sits behind a firewall device. I had everything working perfectly ...

Change Font/Display Size???
Am running Money 2006 on Vista machine, where it was serving as backup for an XP machine. XP is having problems so have decided to make VIsta the primary. Is there any way to change the size of the display/fonts on the display to something larger? Too small for these tired eyes. I can change the desktop display size ,but then it screws up the display for every other program. Any help would be appreciated. TIA In microsoft.public.money, starrin wrote: >Am running Money 2006 on Vista machine, where it was serving as >backup for an XP machine. XP is having problems so have decided t...

Validating XML with empty dateTime & numeric elements
I have an element in my schema defined as follows: <xs:element name="BillingDate" type="xs:dateTime" nillable="true" minOccurs="0"/> I use the schema to validate incoming documents using an XmlValidatingReader in .NET 1.1. If the document contains the above element with no data, for example: <BillingDate></BillingDate> <BillingDate/> The validation throws an exception on this element telling me it contains data that doesn't conform to the type. That kind of makes sense, because the value in the above case is an empty stri...

Displaying Contacts in Calendar View
Help! I have started using Outlook 2003 for my appointment calendar. I have a limited number of clients who have regular appointments. Naturally, I type the name of the client in the Subject field so it displays on the calendar. However, I also need to add the client to my contact list and link the contact to the appointment. This requires several steps. Is there a way to have the contact show on the appointment box in the calendar view? This seems too obvious a feature to have been neglected but I can't figure out how to do it. Alternately, is there a way to make an automatic link...

How an MFC Application can run as an service displayed in system tray and even this icon can be displayed on different login
Hi, I want to develop one MFC Application which will run as a service and should be displayed in a system tray icon.Since this Application is a service it will keep running.so when i login through different user this icon should be displayed there in the system tray. I was partially successful in creating the MFC as a service and displaying an icon,but if i do a log-off and log-in through different account i can see the service is running in background but there is no icon in system tray.Could any one help me in resolving this issuse. Is there any API which i need to include in my code or j...

Unable to display the folder
"Unable to display the folder" error message when you use Outlook to access your mailbox in Exchange. Several of our 50+ users cannot open their Inbox, Sent Items or Deleted Items folders in Outlook 2002 running on Exchange 5.5 / NT4. All other users are fine. Their sub- folders under Inbox are fine, and they can send & receive emails fine. Can anyone suggest how to fix this?? Thanks ...

California Redemption (CRV)
How can we setup this? It is recycling Fee that has to be refunded when customers return cans and bottles. Sorry I figured it out: I had to create a new item called CRV, and then went to the items that required CRV and clicked the Special Tab and add it to the Tag along items. "Mateen" wrote: > How can we setup this? It is recycling Fee that has to be refunded when > customers return cans and bottles. ...

Moving Outlook Express .dbx files and the mailbox to Outlook 2007
I am moving files to a new computer equipped with the Vista operating system and on which Office 2007 is installed. Is it possible to move Outlook Express .dbx files to the Personal Folder (.pst); If so, how? Also, how does one move the mailbox from Outlook Express to Outlook? -- Gary "Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:216FE01D-24C1-4A96-9306-46558C66E075@microsoft.com... >I am moving files to a new computer equipped with the Vista operating >system > and on which Office 2007 is installed. Is it possible to move Outlook > Express...

Exchange Subdomain
I have a client that is wanting to use a service to transmit secure email. This service said the easiest thing to do would be to setup a subdomain and use that to send them the email we want secured. We would point the MX record for the subdomain to their servers. Let's say our existing domain is coporation.com. I want a subdomain secure.corporation.com. How do I set this up? Do I only have to setup the Recepient Policy, or do I also have to set it up in AD? I'm a little confused because I'm not really setting up a true subdomain. No down level server, etc. No changes to AD are ...

GAL displayed fields
Is there a way to sync fields defined in ADUC (eg. General, Address, and Telephones Tab info) with the applicable fields in the GAL without entering it in both places separately? TIA. -- GJ Not sure how you can enter stuff in the GAL - it's nothing but a filtered view of data in AD that's displayed/modified using ADUC and other such tools. If you change it in ADUC, you will see the change when you view the GAL. There may be some replication latency when you have multiple DCs or a distributed environment with multiple Sites. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW...

Emax Pole Display
Where can I get OPOS drivers for the Emax Ultimate Serial Pole Display? The Emaxintl.com web site seems to be unavailable and calls to the company in CA go unanswered. Does anyone know how to get this line display to work? I've tried the RMS provided drivers to no avail. Thank you ...

Hosting e-mail for multipel domain on singel exchange 2003
Hi, I have a question regarding hosting e-mail for 30 diffrent domain (my clients) on my singel exchange 2003 mail server. I figure out that I have to setup a OU in my AD for each of my clients and then create a new policy for each of this clients and filter this to OU for each client, then I have to go to DNS of my client ( where there Domain name is registerd) and change there MX record and point it to my Exchange server. Let me also add that there is no trust or VPN connetion between my domain and domains of my clients and my mail server has Public IP and Working for my own domain ...

can a column for 2 different words and display a number based on how many are found
This should be a very easy thing to do, but I can�t figure it out. Please Help. Thanks! I am trying to scan a column for 2 different words and display a numbe based on how many are found. Example: If the words �Completed� and �N/A� are found within a column as liste below. I want to create a formula that will display the number 5 because those words are found 5 times within that column. Completed Completed Completed N/A Complete -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com One way: =COUNTIF(A:A,"Completed")+COUNTIF(A:A,"N/A") for column A Regards Trevor ...

Query Not Displaying All Records
I have a query that will not display records from fields that aren't required but are related to a parent table. For example: The "TitleID" field relates to the "Title" table's primary key. This field is optional and if a user selects nothing than the default value is zero. However, with referential intregy deselected the form accepts the zero but when I run a query it will not report the record back to me. When I go into my table I can see it but when I run the query I can't. I've also manually gone into the table and changed the foreign ID to 1...

How can I make a Chart data series treat blanks as "Empty" cells
My Data Series contains blanks as the result of formula calculations. The location and number of blanks can change with each recalculation as input criteria change. I can make my Chart ignore an "Empty" cell easy enough but my cells still contain the formula which created the blank ("") cell and therefore, not truely empty. I want to plot the series, about 7000 values, without the blanks showing up as zeros and ruining my trendline fit. Removing those rows is not an option as I have to retain the x-axis value as place holder on the chart. Thanks for your help; ...

Option Group Value won't display in Query when code is executed
Hello, I have an option group stored on a form with 4 choices and am just trying to usethe value selected in the option group within a query. Simple enough, I can get the query to work just fine, displaying information based on the choice made with the option until I execute the query from code. Then it seems that the option group value is not available or is ignored and does not work. What I'm noticing is that if I pause the code at the point where the query is suppose to run and execute the query manually, no information is displayed (option group value shows blank). Howeve...

OWA Three logins/The Folder can't be displayed
I have an OWA problem where, when any account access OWA, they get three login prompts. The email does display in the background but any changing the viewed folder results in those three login prompts again. An attempt to delete a message results in those three prompts and then the user gets a popup "Some items can't be deleted. They were either moved, already deleted, or access was denied." Then the inbox no longer displays any messages, instead showing "The folder can't be displayed. You don't have permission to perform this action." Closing and reop...

Cannot add groups to Mailbox Rights.
Environment: Exchange 2003 running on Windows 2003. Forest and Domain are at Windows 2003 level. We have many group mailboxes that have a security group with Full Mailbox access granted to it. Yesterday when I went to Exchange Advanced >>> Mailbox Rights >>> Add I was able to add groups (or any security principal). Today the only object types I am able to add are "Users and Other objects". Evidently this does not include Groups, as they do not resolve. I am not aware of any changes that have been made to my account. I have checked with one other domain admin...

how can I display a custom error prompt?
I have a form that has required fields... How can I display a message that says something like, "You must enter a city, state and zip code"? I'm not much of a coder, but if someone can give me an example, I can usually figure it out.... Thanks in advance! Kelvin Hi The basics are that you can display a message box on many events (on even non-events) on a form, like this MsgBox "Some message here", vbOKOnly, "Message title" So if you ant to display the message after controlABC on a form has lost the focus you can use something like Private Sub co...

Huge problem with Big Bosses mailbox
Hi all I have exc2003 and xp pro. Our big boss had her mails in a .pst. her size was 2.5GB. this was a archived folder. She had a mailbox on the exchange with a limit of 100MB. I had to move all her mail to the exchange mailbox. If i want to change her mailbox size exchange says that the max size in KB is 2097151. If i enter this as her size she cannot send and get this message... Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test Sent: 10/17/2006 3:02 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Craig Meyer on 10/17/2006 3:05 PM The message fail...

Sort by empty fields
Hi: I have a mailing list, and about 1/3 of the records do not have email addresses. QUESTION: how do I sort the list so that only the records with empty email address fields appear? Thanks, Mark Flynn Hi Mark, use the AutoFilter at Data=>Filter and then use Custom... Best Markus >-----Original Message----- >Hi: >I have a mailing list, and about 1/3 of the records do not have email >addresses. >QUESTION: how do I sort the list so that only the records with empty email >address fields appear? >Thanks, Mark Flynn > > >. > You can use an AutoFilter ...

Displaying controls for different monitor display format settings
Hi, I want to display a CButton (o_Verwijderen) control at the left bottom of my form for all display formats. I have : void CTBURView::OnInitialUpdate() { CFormView::OnInitialUpdate(); ShowWindow(SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED); long x,y; x = ::GetSystemMetrics(SM_CXSCREEN); y = ::GetSystemMetrics(SM_CYSCREEN); CRect o_Rect; o_Verwijderen.GetClientRect(o_Rect); o_Verwijderen.MoveWindow(10,(int)(y*0.81),o_Rect.Width (),o_Rect.Height ()); This works only for the highest display format setting 1280x1024 and for 1280x960 but for lower settings the button moves of screen. How do display my but...

Editing mail from Exchange
Is it possible to edit the mail someone has sent you? Go to edit and then edit message. >-----Original Message----- >Is it possible to edit the mail someone has sent you? >. > Yes. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. "Beck Donna" <dbeck@inolex.com> wrote in message news:075601c3c321$9fa42e20$a401280a@phx.gbl... | Is it possible to edit the mail someone has sent you? ...