Redemption - Accessing UserProperty in MAPITable with ExecSQL

Using Outlook 2003 and Redemption 5.0.0.2174

I have added a user property to a folder by creating an item in the folder,=
 adding the userproperties to it then deleting the item.  I have confirmed =
they exist as they appear in the Choose Folders option now, so they are the=
re.

I am having trouble with the syntax for the ExecSQL statement, it doesnt li=
ke the property tag I am using.  I get an error when I use SQL like this:

"SELECT EntryID, " & MY_USERPROP_DATE & ", Size FROM Folder"

Error =3D Error in IMAPITable::SetColumns: MAPI_E_INVALID_PARAMETER

If I remove the userproperty and use "SELECT EntryID, Size FROM Folder" eve=
rthing works so all preceding code is correct.

One more question, is there any way to see if the userproperty is already a=
ssigned to the folder so I can skip the add item process.  Right now I am u=
sing the following routine to create it but this runs regardless of whether=
 the userproperty exists in the folder or not.

Function fnUserPropField(objFolder As Redemption.RDOFolder)
    Dim objItm As Redemption.RDOMail
    Set objItm =3D objFolder.Items.Add("IPM.Note")
    objItm.UserProperties.Add MY_USERPROP_DATE, olDateTime, True
    objItm.UserProperties.Add MY_USERPROP_FLAG, olYesNo, True
    objItm.Delete
    Set objItm =3D Nothing
End Function

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
0
gjohncock (2)

California Redemption (CRV)
How can we setup this? It is recycling Fee that has to be refunded when customers return cans and bottles. Sorry I figured it out: I had to create a new item called CRV, and then went to the items that required CRV and clicked the Special Tab and add it to the Tag along items. "Mateen" wrote: > How can we setup this? It is recycling Fee that has to be refunded when > customers return cans and bottles. ...

UserProperties are missing on Appointment
I'm having a problem where the UserProperties that I have set from a Outlook COM Add-In are being reset after the appointment has been changed in Outlook Web Access (the same thing occurs if i set these user properties manually) If I create a new appointment and then set 8 UserProperties against the appointment. If i view the appointment using OutlookSpy it says the UserProperties count is 8 (which is correct). If I go into Outlook Web Access, change something with the appointment and then go back into OutlookSpy and check the UserProperties count it still says 8. But if I go back into...

Redemption
I am using outlook redemption to send emails from MS access but sometimes my emails are not sent and remain in the drafts folder. Has anyone any ideas why some emails are sent but others not? Thanks in advance Dave You may want to post this to an Outlook programming group as that is where Dmitry hangs out - he may be able to help you in the public news group or perhaps by asking dimastr.com support. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will b...

Outlook Redemption, Again
Hi Does anyone have a vb.net example of how to use redemption to send mail through outlook? Many Thanks Regards Hi, normal i code in c#, but here is a translation to vb.net: i created an Interop dll with tlbimp for Redemption see article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconimportingtypelibraryasassembly.asp Imports Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook Imports RedemptionNet Class MyApp Public Shared Sub Main() Dim objApp As Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.Application Dim objNS As Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.NameSpace Dim objSafeIt...

delete appointmentItem permanently using redemption
hello Is there any way to delete appointmentItem permanently using redemption?Redemption.SafeAppointmentItem doesn't have delete method.please provide a code snippet if possible. Thanks "s" <dshubhangi@gmail.com> wrote in message news:0a0424b9-615c-444b-bd9d-2c6e36bc5470@k19g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > Is there any way to delete appointmentItem permanently using > redemption?Redemption.SafeAppointmentItem doesn't have delete > method.please provide a code snippet if possible. Programming questions are best asked in one of the programming groups, like m...

redemption.dll??
Does anyone know how to fix this error message that pops up when starting Outlook? It keeps referring to this redemption.dll file. csterns <csterns@msn.com> wrote: > Does anyone know how to fix this error message that pops > up when starting Outlook? It keeps referring to this > redemption.dll file. Redemption is another MAPI mail client. Remove the COM setting in Outlook. Tools>Options>Other>Advanced options>COM Add-ins -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.co...

The question of redemption
Latest News - http://investorline.co.in/blogger/?q=3Daggregator Investor's Knowledge Analysis - http://investorline.co.in/blogs/news/?p=3D8= 50 Due diligence must for MF investors who invest in equity schemes. Retail investors in mutual funds (MFs) have displayed surprising maturity, staying invested in equity schemes despite the sharp fall of the stock markets from mid-January. However, it is too early to conclude that Indians have graduated to becoming long-term investors in equity and equity MFs. Experience shows that retail investors panic whenever markets go into a tailspin, cashin...

Redemption installation
I can't test / use Redemption. I use Windows XP with Office 2003 (both German Version) I tried to install Redemption on 2 Computers. I tried with the installation routine and with RegSvr32. Both installations seems to be successfull. (Entries in the registry) After linking the .dll in Access. - I see all the classes (incl. SaveMailItem) in objects. But they are NOT available in the Code ! BUT: The command "saveItem=createObject("Redemption.SaveMailItem")" results in error: "creating object with activeX component not possible" WHY ????? - hopefully anyone ...

Outlook Redemption
I am using outlook redemption but sometimes my emails are not sent and remain in the drafts folder. Has anyone any ideas why some emails are sent but others not? Thanks in advance Dave ...

redemption fees
How should I record redemption fees? Remove shares? sell? how do you record these transactions? In microsoft.public.money, vasicrj@yahoo.com wrote: >How should I record redemption fees? Remove shares? sell? how do you >record these transactions? How about a Sell of the total quantity with the "redemption fee" entered as a commission. On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 11:43:01 -0600, Cal Learner-- MVP <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote: >In microsoft.public.money, vasicrj@yahoo.com wrote: > >>How should I record redemption fees? Remove shares? sell? how do you >>...

Problem Handling a Bond Redemption
I've found it quite difficult to manage bonds in Money 2004. To add some contributed bonds, I had to use "Add Shares," which is not a very accurate label for adding bonds as opposed to stocks. The real problem, however, emerged when one of the bonds was redeemed. Money 2004 has a "Redeem CD/Bond" transaction, but I can't get it to work. The error message I keep getting is "The changes you are making will cause the share balance for 'Bond X' to become negative at some point. Please arrange your transactions to avoid this." Does anyone have any idea...

C++ using Redemption
Is anyone aware of some sample C++ code using Redemption (http://dimastr.com/redemption/) on a Web site that I could look at. Thanks Tom G. ...

How to set CC @ Outlook Redemption
can anyone post me a sample code, how to use the Outlook Redemption CC & BCC ? when i try .cc ="xx@xx.xx" or .bcc = "xx@xx.xx" then i get an error "read only" can anyone help me? tanks in advance! GreetZ, Luk The Code is: Imports Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook Imports Redemption Class Form1 Dim outApp As Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.Application Dim outMail As Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.MailItem Dim safMail As SafeMailItem Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click outApp = N...

Redemption installation #2
I can't test / use Redemption. I use Windows XP with Office 2003 (both German Version) I tried to install Redemption on 2 Computers. I tried with the installation routine and with RegSvr32. Both installations were successfull. (Entries in the registry) After linking the .dll in Access. - I see all the classes (incl. SaveMailItem) in objects. But they are NOT available in the Code ! BUT: The command "saveItem=createObject("Redemption.SaveMailItem")" results in error: "creating object with activeX component not possible" WHY ????? - hopefully anyone can hel...

Can't set the meeting importance using Redemption and New Mail
I am trying to set the importance of a meeting notice from the new mail event using redemption using this code: If ((PR_OBJECT_TYPE_VALUE = 5) _ And (PR_MESSAGE_CLASS_VALUE = "IPM.Schedule.Meeting.Request")) Then Const PR_IMPORTANCE = 1507331 '23 ' for meeting messages Dim PR_IMPORTANCE_VALUE As Long PR_IMPORTANCE_VALUE = SafeMailItem.Fields(PR_IMPORTANCE) Debug.Print "PR_IMPORTANCE_VALUE 1(" & PR_IMPORTANCE_VALUE & ")" SafeMailItem.Fields(PR_IMPORTANCE) = olImportanceHigh PR_IMPORTANCE_V...

Redemption helper ADD IN
I'm trying to figure out what the "Redemption helper Outlook Extension" add in does and why it's in my add ins. Does anyone know the answer to this? Thank you very much. ...

Outlook Redemption Issues
Using Outlook Redemption at work in our application to doing email. Ran into a few different problems and I'm looking for some help. We've tested this on different Outlooks 2000 and 2003 and 2 different Exchange Servers 5.5 and 2000. Here is what we found; Problem #1 - Nothing is going to our 'SENT' items folder. We create the email I can see it go in the 'OUTBOX' when I click send and then disappear but after that it's gone. This happens on both Exchange Servers. Problem #2 - This only occurs on ES 5.5. I create the message and the message text is missing from th...

Outlook, Redemption and C++
Does any have some sample C++ code that will make Redemption work or the sample Extended Mapi to get around the Outlook Send popup dialog? Thanks Tom G. ...

Adding DEPOSIT or REDEMPTION / CRV
I am trying to figure out how to add what in California is called CRV (California Redemption Value) but in other states is probably known as a deposit for can's and bottles onto a purchase order? If I make an item as CRV and make it a non invenotry item, you can't add this to a purchase order. Just wondering what other's are doing in this situation...also when linking to Quickbooks how is this being added into Quickbooks? -- Thank You Vince :) ...

Send email using redemption
Hi I am using redemption to forward emails. When I do not display the item, it will send without the body(message). But if I display the item first, then close it and send, everything is sent including the message. Is there a way around this. It would be nice if there were no window opening and closing when the code is running. Many thanks in advance Richard Try: http://www.emailredemption.com/Support.htm "Richard" <richardbee@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eD12W$YTGHA.5108@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I am using redemption to forward emails. > > ...

Redemption.dll file missing
Everytime I open Outlook I get the following message: The add-in "C:\Program Files\Hotbar\bin\4.4.9.0 \Redemption.dll" could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help menu... I've already tried to do the Detect and Repair. How do I resolve this issue? -mly Egads - uninstall Hotbar!!!!! Then go to tools->options->other->advanced and remove it from the Add-in Manager or COM add-ins. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest vir...

Redemption Vs Com Add-In
I have two projects. One is using Com Add-In the other is usin redemption. Is there anybody knows that how come after I ran my redemption V program, I run my Com Add-In VB program, the Com Add-In one won't wor even the .dll file is in outlook already? Is it because I didn't cleanup all of the redemption objects? If so, how to clean them up? I have tried cleanup metho already...Maybe I used it in wrong place... Please help? :confused ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://w...

GAL Extraction VB6 Sample Code using Redemption
Private Sub Form_Load() 'create a form, drag in a command button End Sub ' ------------------------------------------- ' The process is simple but sometimes getting there is painful. ' Redemption.dll is the only MAPI based data object required ' Download site is: http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/ ' After Installing: Project | References | [Browse] to installed folder ' Upon selection the reference is called "SafeOutlook Library" ' ------------------------------------------- Private Sub Command1_Click() Dim fld(15) As String ' http://su...

Redemption Trapping a Condition or a Setting
Hi All I am using the redemption dll and accessing MS Outlook 2000 via MS Access 2000 forms. What I am trying to do is open a MS Access form, but before doing so, I need to: 1. Check that MS Outlook is running. 2 Check that MS Outlook >>Tools>>Options>>Mail Delivery a. Send messages immediately when connected.....is unchecked b. Check for messaages every xx minutes......is unchecked The code I am using is below, but I need something else. Most grateful for any help. Dim oOL As Outlook.Application Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String ...

redemption helper outlook extension
What is this Add-in? "redemption helper outlook extension" Also do I need "Exchange Extensions property pages" thanks WE have absolutely no idea. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, John Smith asked: | What is this Add-in? "redemption helper outlook extension" Also do I | need "Exchange Extensions property pages" | | thanks Thw roy...