Recurring Appointment Problem with Outlook2003

Working on a Win2000Pro workstation on an office LAN.  The
server recently was upgraded, with mail client changing
from Outlook2000 to Outlook2003.  Somehow (I wasn't
involved in the upgrade BTW) all Outlook items, mail
messages, contacts, diary appointments were duplicated for
everyone.  Generally this hasn't caused problems, apart
from needing to manually delete all the duplicates.

Prior to the upgrade I had a daily recurring full day
appointment created a few years ago with no end date.  I'd
never had any problems with it until the upgrade.  Now
there are two of these appointment series (due to the
duplication I mentioned earlier) which are both
identical.  Trouble is that I can't open to edit these, or
open to delete, or even select (and not open) and delete
from the outlook toolbars or context menus.  If I try any
of these actions I get an error message:
Microsoft Office Outlook
Cannot read one instance of this recurring appointment.
Close any open appointments and try again, or recreate the
appointment

There are no open appointments when I do this.  This error
dialogue only has an OK button, when pressed, over and
over again the same message displays, without closing,
presumably because the duplicated recurring appointments
have no end date. Only way to proceed is to exit Outlook
using Task Manager and relaunch.

I tried (as sort of suggested by the Error Message) to (re)
create a new appointment with the same name and same
recurrence.  This didn't help at all.  I then had three
appointments, one that I could open and edit, and the
other two original ones that I couldn't do anything with.

I've had a look on the MS Knowledgebase, and elsewhere,
and haven't seen any references to this problem or
something too similar, so any suggestions on possible
solutions would be appreciated greatly.

Thanks for any help.
0
anonymous (74721)

Anonymous

Give this process a shot- my reminders weren't working at all due to recurrence errors and this helped me figure it out. One (or more) of your recurrences has messed up data and this view might help you see and delete them

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;195748&Product=OFF2003
0
anonymous (74721)

Any problems with Windows 7 XP mode?
I would like to ask XP users a question about Windows 7.I am looking at a Dell Vostro 3400 laptop w/ Windows 7 pro 32 bit and XP mode so I can use my XP software a little longer. I am assuming Win 7 won't run XP ware since they offer an XP mode. Is XP mode slow? Does it even work? Thanks Porte It doesn't necessarily follow that programs designed for WinXp will not run when installed on Win7. I have a number that run fine. "Porte Rouge" <porterougeman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:12638f82-90da-428e-9862-81ed57f5af80@b21g2000vbh.googlegroups.com...

Custom Entity Owner Lookup problems
Hope someone is able to help me here. I have a custom entity that I'm having a small problem with when I try to change the Owner of the record. If I create a record but do not save it and change the Owner at this point then the record will save correctly and close without issue. However, if I've already saved the record and then try to change the Owner of the record (by using the lookup dialog), I can choose the new Owner and click on OK but the same dialog comes back up but with no Owner choice in it. If I look behind the pop-up I can see that my Owner has been updated as expec...

Recurring transactions #2
I switched from Money 2000 to Money 2004 recently. I have noticed that on the bill and deposit manager looking at a 30 day window for example that if you have a recurring transaction it will only display the next occurence of that transaction. For example I have setup my pay check as a recurring deposit each week. But looking at the 30 window only shows one upcoming transaction on that Friday. The following Friday's deposit is not even listed until the currently displayed transaction is recorded. The problem comes when you try to forcast your balance by highlighting a range ...

Copy of Outlook 2002 appointment sent to Public Folder calendar gets to another calendar
My manager regularly works from home and puts the days he does this in advance into the IT Shared Calendar, which is in the public folder, and to which everyone in the IT department has publishing editor rights. He places the appointment into his own calendar, sets the time as 'out of office', adds 'IT Shared Calendar' as a required attendee, and then sends this appointment. The appointment appears in his own calendar and in the public folder; but it also appears in the calendar of his deputy.This is annoying for him, because it appears that the deputy manager is busy all day...

Problem with VBA code and Range
I'm trying to create multiple charts via a macro in Excel 2007. I'm getting a 1004 - Range of Object _Global Failed on the indicated statement. I believe I've done something wrong with the last Range in that statement, but I'm not sure what. Sub OATChartCreate() Dim chtNew As Chart Dim i As Integer '<<< ActiveCell.Resize(2.6).Select ActiveSheet.Shapes.AddChart.Select Set chtNew = ActiveChart For i = 1 To 109 '<<< Range("F1:K1,F2:K2").Select Range(&qu...

Problem with Datalabel in Stacked bar charts
Hi, I have a stacked bar chart and over the chart I have data labels. Problem is: When I print my chart in printer, my datalabels are being displayed in a square box with white color background. I do not want any background or border for my data label. I even checked the datalabel properties. While viewing the chart, the data label is good but when printing I can see a white background for data labels. Can someone help me in fixiing this. "Shyam" wrote: > Hi, > I have a stacked bar chart and over the chart I have data labels. > Problem is: When I print my chart in...

Calendar continues sending appointment messages to the Deleted Items folder (2nd post)
I have a user who reports her Calendar (Outlook 2000) continues sending appointment messages to the Deleted Items folder. Server is Exchange 5.5 SP4 server. These appointments have been added to the calendar before they have been automatically sent to the Deleted Items folder. She does not have the Resource Scheduling option under Tools->Options->Calendar set to automatically accept. There are no Outlook rules defined that affect appointment items. Apparently this is all default behavior. But how do we turn off this default? Outlook keeps sending unwanted calendar appointment mess...

Problem with a Distribution List in side the Public Folder
Dear All.We have Exchange 5.5 SP3 and we have made one distribution list in a contacts folder under the Public Folder.After few months Users are unable to save a new Item inside the distribution list and I get this error message:"The item could not be saved to this folder, the item has been deleted or moved or you do not have permission. Do you want to save a copy to the default folder".I made a search on Google but the problem It seams to be different from the other since the users have owner access to the folder and the folder is still there.Do you have any idea to help meThanks i...

attachement problem
When i drag and drop files to an email I am replying, outlook inserts the files inside the text window. I want outlook to attach them but show the attachments in the line below the receipint adress as usual. How to do this? I use outlook 07 exciter wrote: > When i drag and drop files to an email I am replying, outlook inserts > the files inside the text window. > I want outlook to attach them but show the attachments in the line below > the receipint adress as usual. > > How to do this? > > I use outlook 07 > Looks like you are using RTF format in those e...

Exch 2000 public folder mounting problem
I just had to put 3 new hard drives in my existing server 2000 and reinstall OS and exchange 2000. I am trying to mount public folder and I am keep getting an error. I would really appreciate if someone please walk me through to retreive my public folder. Thanks. In news:eGAE%23MpWHHA.4384@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl, Mehbs <msamani@comcast.net> typed: > I just had to put 3 new hard drives in my existing server 2000 and > reinstall OS and exchange 2000. > > I am trying to mount public folder and I am keep getting an error. > > I would really appreciate if someone plea...

Journal Problems
Hi, my name is Andrew and I am new to news groups. I am studying outlook for the MOS test and I have run across a problem I can't solve. I know that you can set outlook to automatcially make a journal entry when you recieve email from a contact and that it will automatically create a journal entry when I email that same contact? However, how do I set it where outlook will also give the journal entry a category from email that I send. I have a rule set that automatically sets email I receive to a certain category, but all the mail I send is given no category. Rules won't do it. Can some...

An efficiency problem with CListCtrl
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0021_01C5F665.2D434400 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="gb2312" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I have an collection which dynamically changed frequently, i.e., = add/remove items frequently. This collection will be populated to the = list control when collection changed. My current implementation is to = call DeleteAllItems first and populate all the items again. It's a low = efficiency design,i think. Are there any good approaches about this? Thanks -Jerry ------=_NextPart_000_0021_01C5F665.2...

Problem with "on behalf of"

Retention Problem
When I delete emails, unopened are being saved in my "Deleted Items" folder but opened items dissappear forever. They are not in my Recycle Bin. Also my "Sent Items" folder only holds items for one week. No matter what I try I cannot fix these problems using any of the setting changes available. For example, even though under "properties" for the "Sent Items" folder, it is set to keep items for 6 months, it does not obey!!!! HELP! Karen Earley wrote: > When I delete emails, unopened are being saved in > my "Deleted Items" fold...

Problem copying cell contents
I have a worksheet called Input which has text in cells A3, A30, A57, A84 etc which I want to copy to cells B4, B5, B6 etc of a worksheet called Creditors. I can type =input!A3 into cell B4 of the Creditors worksheet and get the correct answer but if I try to copy this to B5 I get =input!A4. Please can anyone tell me how to copy this but increment the cell reference by 27. Hope this makes sense! Thanks for your help. Hi Try =INDIRECT("Sheet1!A"&(ROW()-4)*27+3) Regards Roger Govier QJ wrote: > I have a worksheet called Input which has text in cells A3, A30, A57, A84...

Dear Abby - I have a Relationship problem
When I go into view relationships, it is soooo slow. The window is constantly re-drawing the lines everytime I move around. I have added a table, and I am trying to find it but I can't find it anywhere. It really is un-usable. I tried to use the Relationship report, but it crashed and said my relationships were too complex. I am a little ticked off because this worked fine under MSAccess-2003. Now that I have "upgraded" to MS-Access-2007, I can't use this feature anymore. Is there something I can do to fix my relationship problem. Please don't say ...

Office 2004 Prof.Ed.update problem
I cannot install the update program. It stops shortly after having begun. It keeps searching the HD for installed components and then waits. I have to turn off the computer otherwise I can't do anything at all. I have already installed office a second time but that didn't help. Who knows this problem, or rather, knows what can be done about it? Thanks, Cees Cees Tax <cstx@xs4all.nl> wrote: > I cannot install the update program. It stops shortly after having > begun. It keeps searching the HD for installed components and then > waits. I have to turn off the computer oth...

Global Address List Problem
I am using WindowsXP pro and Office 2003 pro. I am having issues sending mail to one of the contacts on my GAL as I get undeliverable message whenever I try to send mail to them. When I look at the properties for this recipient, I see the following in the display field: /cn=***/OU=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=***, on the email tab there is no address listed. This is not the case with any of the other recipients in the GAL. This is causing me problems because even if I type in the full email address of the person in the 'To' field, it still comes up with the undeli...

OWA logon problem #4
Hello all, here's my problem: Exchange 2003 with SP1 on Win2003 SP1 on a two-node-cluster. If the Clusterresource HTTP-Server restartet (after boot, crash or failover) nobody can logon to OWA because HTTP-Error 500 (Internal Server Error). After an administrator logged on via OWA (yes, he can !) all the other users can use OWA because they can log on now. Any idea ? Regards Ralf ...

problem loading regular MFC dll written in VC++7 but loading from
Hi, I developed a dll in VS.Net 2003 (VC++) and am trying to use it in a system that loads this dll using simple LoadLibrary() and then calling a couple of exported C sytle functions. This system, call it loader, is written in VC++ 6. The problem i'm seeing is that if I run on my machine that has VS.Net2003 installed on it everything works fine but when i move to another machine where theres no VS enviroment my dll is not loaded by the loader. I cant see the error message from within the loader as i dont have access to the loader but the call to LoadLibrary fails for some reason. ...

Version 2000 vs 2003 Trendline Problem
My coworker has Office 2003 Professional Edition (11.8169.8172) SP3 and has one chart in Excel with two line graphs based on the months of the past year. She has a trendline visible on one of the series. She has tried repeatedly and unsuccessfully to have a trendline for BOTH series to indicate the upwards or downward trends over time. She saved the file and I opened it from our shared server. I have Office 2000 Professional. I was able to see the trendline for the second series AND not just once, but for every single attempt she made. (smirking) WHY is she unable to view the trendl...

Problems with "CommitFile" with EWF from Win XP embedded
Hello NG Maybe it's a little off-topic, but has anyone an idea, why the "EwfMgrCommitFile" Function does not seem to work? If I change a file, call the EwfMgrCommitFile function, I get a "successful" return code and everything seems to be OK, but if I restart the system, the file is old. Is there anything I forgot? Regards Eunet Eunet, Post your question to microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded. If you don't get that NG from your news server use the msnews.microsoft.com server. I also suggest that you provide more information such as which mode of EWF you...

convert appointment to opportunity : link ?
Hi everybody, There is a feature that allows us to "convert" an appointment to an opportunity. But there isn't any field that remember the link between the appointment and the opportunity... Do you know a way to get it? Isn't the activity listed in the Activities/History area of the Opportunity? When you convert an appointment to an opportunity that appointment should be listed as the only activity listed in the Activities (if you didn't close the appointment when converting) or History (if you did close the appointment when converting). Kind regards, Alex &...

Recurring meeting clash
As the organiser of recurring meetings with multiple attendees, is there a way to check if any occurences of the meeting clash with an existing meeting for one or more of the attendees? -- Faye ...

Excel XP Nested If Function Problem
Using Excel XP to use nested IF function, I keep getting the "+" sign when clicking on the IF button to add a nested IF formula. I found that this creates incorrect False answers. I then have to manually change the "+" to a comma. How can I get Excel to display a comma between the formulas by default. And what is the difference between "+" and a comma when placed between nested IF formulas? -- a( : [|]=( DaffyD� A Duck With Tools Is A Duck To Be Reckoned With I'm not sure what the IF button is, but I could use ctrl-click and xl2002 put in a comma, then t...