Recovering .pst file for Outlook 2003 beta

Outlook 2003 beta ran out without warning.  (Oops.)  Went
back to Outlook 2002 but in the process the .pst file has
disappeared.

Is there any way to recover?  Search doesn't find it,
can't find even a corrupted file to repair.  --MGee
0
anonymous (74722)

You need to go into My Computer (or Windows Explorer) Tools | Folder Options
| View (If I recall correctly) and click the radio button to have Windows
"Show All Files".   The .PST file is considered a system file under Windows
XP.

--
Aloha,

-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP
http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr

Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup.  Mahalo!

"MGee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Outlook 2003 beta ran out without warning.  (Oops.)  Went
> back to Outlook 2002 but in the process the .pst file has
> disappeared.
>
> Is there any way to recover?  Search doesn't find it,
> can't find even a corrupted file to repair.  --MGee

0
mvp1 (459)

outlook 2003 #114
installed outlook 2003 as stand alone program in winxp home edition. worked fine but now - receive several [BLANK BODY] emails - left copy on server and the whole message is shown.However subject matter is shown whilst main body empty. Can someone help please as we do receive many emails per day Jef ...

Get rid of options on File Menus
I want to get rid of the Hide Others and Show all options in the program menus of OfficeX programs (Word, Excel, Entourage...) How do I do that? Actually, I'd like to remove them from all programs, but I use Office the most. ...

Invalid path name in restoring a file in 2005
My sister has installed Money 2005 on a new computer from her original cd. She made a backup on a cd from her old computer. We have tried every suggestion I found in this newsgroup or on the website,but whenever we try to restore this file on the new computer she gets the message of invalid path name. I downloaded Money 2006 to see if I could duplicate the error and could not. Perhaps this is because it is not 2005. Since she is in Georgia and I am in Kentucky, I can't see her computer. She does not go on the Internet so I can't ask her to upgrade her version. Does anyone have a...

EXCDO calendering errors after a restore to Exchange 2003
Hi there, I am having some issues after performing a restore. When the CEO tries to create a new calender item, it disappears on sync with the server, and I get the following 3 events in the application log. (anonymised) The error code 0x80040219 is what I can't find anywhere. Any suggestions? Event Type: Warning Event Source: EXCDO Event Category: General Event ID: 8237 Date: 18/09/2006 Time: 2:47:56 PM User: N/A Computer: BETTY Description: Calendaring agent failed with error 0x80040219 while attempting to open the status message. If the user is a delegate, the access rights to...

.pst #2
Hi, I am not Techie, to know this. Could be a Simplest of a Query. Pls Pardon. Can i have my .pst taken from one Netwrok/Company and have that in my new netwoek/compnay and access them? Will that work? -- prana "prana" <prana.2b81eff@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message news:prana.2b81eff@outlookbanter.com... > > Can i have my .pst taken from one Netwrok/Company and have that in my > new netwoek/compnay and access them? Yes > Will that work? Yes again. Only if you have outlook installed at your new Company, and that company permitts you to add exte...

How do you recover a parameter?
Hello, I would like to execute an excel file, for example, with a file name file.xls zz.txt And afterwards, in that file, I would like to recover the name zz.txt. Could you please help me? Thanks. Dave, I'm not sure what you mean by "execute" the Excel file, or "recover the name." It sounds as though you want to make a txt file from the xls file. If so, you'll need to open it in Excel, then do File - Save As, with the file type set to txt. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------- &...

outlook xp recovered data - from CD
I just received a CD with all of my recovered outlook xp data from a failed hard drive: how do I move/copy/transfer the recovered Calendar, address book and contacts, personal folders, and emails from the data recovery CD to my existing Outlook folders? Where does that data reside on my new hard drive (windows xp pro oper system)? Would very much appreciate any help. Thanks. "kevinh" <kevin.hefner@aps.com> wrote in message news:0c7601c3b8f4$d417b3c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I just received a CD with all of my recovered outlook xp > data from a failed hard drive: ho...

The Sheet-Rename feature is greyed-out in my Excel 2003 workbook..
One of my Users has a workbook created under Excel 2003. We are now using Excel 2007. The User wants to Rename her Sheet Tabs but the Rename feature is greyed-out as though the Workbook is password-protected. When clicking on Home-Cells-Format there appears to be no password and my User knows of none. I've also tried SaveAs and checked "Tools-General Options": nothing is marked but the 'Password to Open' window was greyed-out and the file's title-bar said "(shared)" so I re-saved it as another name and removed the sharing option at save-tim...

Recover live calendars?
Someone was helping me cleanup an old laptop and they deleted important calendars from my WLM. I have months worth of appointments and need some help/instructions. Thanks (I hope) Did you sign in to Live services in WLM? It will not say Sign in below the Close X if you are signed in. calendar.live.com will have the calendars that will sync back to WLM the next time you connect with WLM. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "nimbus" <nimbus@live.com> wrote in message news:CDFEEBEA-D031-4B0B-AECC-58F904E3E601@microsoft.com... > Someone was helping ...

Not receiving email in outlook
Help!! Pc challenged here. I'm sending mail in Outlook with no problem, but not receiving any new or return mail. Running XP, SP2. Do you get any errors when you try to receive mail? Also, you mention XP. Is that your OS or version of Outlook? "Paula" <Paula@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BBE654FB-4900-4D6F-BC77-DFFF4F944191@microsoft.com... > Help!! Pc challenged here. I'm sending mail in Outlook with no problem, > but > not receiving any new or return mail. Running XP, SP2. Hi Vince, and thank you for responding. XP is my ...

Can't view files with latest beta2 refresh #2
I downloaded the latest Beta2 refresh and now I cant access any of my word and publisher docs. It says "can't find file" or some such thing. I thought I read somewhere that the view and print functions in the latest refresh have been disabled. This is MOST inconvenient as every piece of business on my hard drive is now useless....is there any way of fixing this? Yes, you've said that already. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Fabman" <Fabman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9FD0DA9-F0DF-4CFF-ACB9-8207333DEBE7@microsoft.co...

File Locked for Editting.
We have a network running on server 2003, client machines are all Windows XP SP1. I have a user that consistently when opening .xls files that are stored on the server, gets the popup message, <filename> is locked for editting by 'user'. The odd thing is, the 'user' is the user that is opening that file.. and she does not have it open allready. Also, the open and close time of her files are a lot slower than they should be. Any ideas? Justin One possible cause....... Excel stores in Windows\Temp(win98) folder a copy(s) of any file that is open. Sometimes this *....

Drag and Drop from 2007 Excel and Word File Open and File Save win
One one of our Windows XP SPK3 computers were running Office 2007. When ever your using Word or Excel and you use either the File Open or File Save commands and the Windowed Dialog Box appears with your file and folder listings it will not let you move or drag and drop a file from one location to another. Lets say you have 3 Sub Folders in My Documents ( Folder 1, Folder 2 and Folder 3 each containing files.) You notice while in the File / Open or File / Save Dialog Box window that their are several files which currently reside in the My Documents folder but should be in say ...

Outlook 2003 does not archive
I've been searching for information on this problem for a few weeks... Situation: Exchange server 5.5 running on NT 4.0 SP6a. Client is on Outlook 2003. PST file size is under 1GB. Problem: Can not do a manual archive. The archive window opens up and takes the settings...when OK is clicked archive appears in the lower right hand corner of Outlook and zips through all the folders but it does not archive any of the designated emails. TIA for any insight into this behavior. Jim Archiving is based on the modified date of the message. Verify that the modified date of the messages a...

"File Format is not valid" message
Hi there, I have a spreadsheet that I've been using successfully. I don't recall anything that might have caused file corruption. However, now, when I try to open the file, I get the message "File Format is not valid". But, the excel icon is shown and in a file list, it's displayed as type Excel. Any ideas how I can open this file?? Thanks in advance. The message you sent later appears to have been to cancel this post you said it was a Word file with an .xls file extension. Opening an Excel file in word is one way of destroying an Excel file. If that is the ...

Attachments in Outlook express #4
Does anyone know what to do when everytime you get sent an attachment it says "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachment" It is happening with all kinds of attachments for example word. I know these attachments are safe and do not contain viruses. How do I view them? Albert <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know what to do when everytime you get sent > an attachment it says "OE removed access to the following > unsafe attachment" It is happening with all kinds of > attachments for example word. I know these att...

Recover !!
Ok i updated my old outlook and because it was too much for my system (like all windows updates) i uninstalled oulook then reinstalled the old version now i have none of my old emails and there not in my hotmail either and they were going into both, hotmail and my outlook ~ so can anyone help me? or is it lost forever What is the version of your old Outlook? Try to search *.pst file "Robin" <rwtsr1@msn.com> wrote in message news:cb4101c48a4c$21dfd000$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Ok i updated my old outlook and because it was too much > for my system (like all windows upda...

how do I update automatically other worksheets in a file
Each week I enter sales 4 products in sheet1.With a column per week and row per product. Below this I have a cumulative total 2date for each product. Sheets 2-6 have results 4 each of the previous 5 years and also a similar table showing the cumulative total 2date.Sheets 7 -11 compare performance between successive years.Sheet,12, shows results 2date for each product & each of the 6 years. At present I enter current figures in sheet 1,then go to sheets2-6 and alter the sum formula for each row to cover the same number of weeks as on sheet 1. Simlarly I have to go to the comparisions...

Help! I accidentally deleted emails that I desperately need to recover... Any suggestions please?
Desperate here! I have used LACIE back up, does it save emails? Many thanks! On 1/26/10 10:20 AM, in article C7847266.27FB9%gavin@kerner.com, "Gavin Wilding" <gavin@kerner.com> wrote: > Desperate here! I have used LACIE back up, does it save emails? It depends on what you backed up. Without more details, we can't help. You can use Switch Identity to access data in a second Identity. -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> YouTalk <...

OL '02 merge PST files
How can I merge a PST file from another computer into my outlook? Both versions are the same (2002). Wanted some advice before trying and messing it up!! Thanks If the PCs are connected via a network link, copy the file over and either open it in Outlook (File | Open | Outlook Data File) and drag the folders/messages into your existing personal folders. If they're not connected, you'll have to find alternate means of getting the file over. If you end up burning it to a CD, make sure you copy it from the CD to the target machine and uncheck the read-only attribute in the file's...

Opening multiple files separately
When opening multiple excel files they used to all open in separate versions of Excel which was great because then I could easily Alt-Tab between them. Now all of a sudden when ever I open new excel files by double clicking the name they open in the same Excel program but as a separate window. This is a real pain because it's hard to cycle through them and they keep minimizing whenever I maximize another one. I haven't changed any settings that I know of, is there a way to get each file to open separately again? -- pjyelton -------------------------------------------------------...

convert 2002 Money file to 2008 Money file
I have a new Windows 7 computer and have moved my 2002 Money file from my old computer to My Documents on the new computer. I have downloaded a trial version of Money Essentials (2008) thinking I could convert my 2002 Money file to a 2008 Money file before converting the 2008 Money file to a Quicken file. However, when I try to open my 2002 Money file in Money Essentials I get the message "Money Essentials is unable to open files from other versions of Money." I had understood that it should have been able to open the file. How do I convert my Money 2002 file to a...

PST Problem
I have a mailbox and a personal folder. At times when I try and 'drag n drop' many messages down to the personal folder it basically asks me if "I'm sure i want to do this" If I say yes, it adds all of the individual e-mail messages into one gigantic e-mail. It does not move them the way I want to, which is separate e-mails. I also have tried to select 'move to folder' and get the same results. Any help would be extremely appreciated. ...

File in Use Alert
Now that we have migrated to Office 2007 we are not getting the file in use alert with publisher. if someone opens a pub file from the network and then someone else opens the same file there is no alert like in Word or Excel. The file does open in Read only mode but if your not paying attention and look at the title bar on top you wouldn't know it. How do you enable the file in use alert in Publisher 2007? TIA, Terry ...

Continuing problmes with chkdsk and PST file
My PST file is apparently corrupted, with "Data error, cyclic redundancy check" upon starting Outlook. As per earlier advice, i ran chkdsk /r. But, chkdsk hangs. The % done on phase 4, file data check, was moving along at 1% per every 1 to 5 minutes. Then, at exactly 50%, it just stopped moving. I left it for a few hours, but no further progress (so i interrupted it). The disk light was on continually, but no progress in % complete. Also, if scanpst.exe is run, windows crashes (blue screen). So, are there any further suggestions? Is there any disk utility more robust t...