recovering an outlook contact list/address book

A few weeks ago, my hard disk crashed and i had to
replace it.  I've been able to slave the bad one and copy
most of the data from it.  However, I'm having problems
retrieving my Outlook contact list/address book from the
old drive.  I don't know if it has anything to do with
the fact that the Windows XP username was password
protected or not.  Can someone help PLEASE?
0
mo4229 (1)

>However, I'm having problems
>retrieving my Outlook contact list/address book from the
>old drive.

Define "having problems".  What errors do you see?
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)

How do you recover a parameter?
Hello, I would like to execute an excel file, for example, with a file name file.xls zz.txt And afterwards, in that file, I would like to recover the name zz.txt. Could you please help me? Thanks. Dave, I'm not sure what you mean by "execute" the Excel file, or "recover the name." It sounds as though you want to make a txt file from the xls file. If so, you'll need to open it in Excel, then do File - Save As, with the file type set to txt. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------- &...

outlook xp recovered data - from CD
I just received a CD with all of my recovered outlook xp data from a failed hard drive: how do I move/copy/transfer the recovered Calendar, address book and contacts, personal folders, and emails from the data recovery CD to my existing Outlook folders? Where does that data reside on my new hard drive (windows xp pro oper system)? Would very much appreciate any help. Thanks. "kevinh" <kevin.hefner@aps.com> wrote in message news:0c7601c3b8f4$d417b3c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I just received a CD with all of my recovered outlook xp > data from a failed hard drive: ho...

Outlook appearance
My "subject", "CC" and "from" fields have disappeared when opening/sending a new message. How do I get them back? That would depend on your Outlook version and the editor you are using, neither of which you mentioned. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Simonis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:035401c39b53$8e15cc90$a401280a@phx.gbl... > My "subject", "CC" and "from" fields have disappeared when > opening/sending a new message. How do I get them back? ...

Outlook
Hello I'm using code to email from access with outlook. When it's sending I always get a prompt from Outlook "A program is trying to automatically send e-mail on your behalf" and I have to press OK. How can I eliminate this message? Thanks Abe Check out this post http://www.utteraccess.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=89&Number=1584007&Zf=f89&Zw=outlook&Zg=0&Zl=a&Main=1584007&Search=true&where=&Zu=&Zd=g&Zn=&Zt=7&Zs=a&Zy=#Post1584007&Zp= "katz" wrote: > Hello > I'm using code to em...

Migrating Windows Live emails to Outlook 2007
My old computer died and I had to purchase the new Windows 7 machine which has Outlook 2007. On my old machine I was using Microsoft Live email to download my emails from POP3 servers (Gmail, Yahoo etc). But as the computer died before I could run some sort of utility to migrate them to my new machine I am stuck with the folders where these were stored. I was able to retrieve the folders from the old machine where Microsoft Live was storing my emails. Now how do I migrate them to Outlook so that I can see them and read them in Outlook 2007. "Nandan" <Nandan@disc...

outlook installation #3
I have just set up Register.com to work with my outlook and I have a Palm V. My Palm is not syncing and I can't send word attachments Have you tried contacting Palm for support? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, jeff asked: | I have just set up Register.com to work with my outlook | and I have a Palm V. My Palm is not syncing and I can't | send word attachments ...

Share address book between Outlook and Outlook Express
Hello. With Outlook 2003, there was an undocumented feature that allows the address book to be shared by adding the value "UseOutlook" in the registry. This worked. I upgraded to Outlook 2007 (Beta), but I can't share the address book. The value "UseOutlook" is still there. Any ideas. Thanks! Installing a beta isn't an upgrade. Did you create a new Outlook profile from scratch after you installed the beta? State more clearly what you did and what happened instead of what you thought should happen so someone with a clean installation can attempt a repro....

cannot start microsoft office outlook.unable to open the outlook .
Barrie <Barrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Ask your question in the body of the message. -- Brian Tillman ...

I can't seem to get Outlook 2007 working
I am running Office 2007 with Vista. I have recently tried to get Outlook 2007 working but when I use the wizard to set it up with POP3 etc and the usual incoming server details (which are all correct) it won't accept my password/login for my mail server. I know it is all correct but it just won't go on to set up. Any ideas? In article <A6D9D38F-2CC7-4B6B-82B4-D186D8761C3F@microsoft.com>, Richard@discussions.microsoft.com says... > > I am running Office 2007 with Vista. I have recently tried to get Outlook > 2007 working but when I use the wizard to set ...

Outlook Font Size Incorrect
I'm having a problem with the font size in Outlook 2002 appearing too small. It's set for 10pt arial in the configuration but appears to be only about 5 or 6 pts on the screen. When a test message is sent it's the correct size on the recipient's screen. I've gone through all of the settings and have compared them to another machine that is working properly. All appears to be the same. Have also run the Detect and Repair function. My operating system is Windows 2k Professional. Any help is appreciated. ...

Outlook client displaying different folders than web client
CRM 3.0 Outlook client security issue: We limited security for several users to only see certain folders. This works fine on the web client but in their Outlook client they see all the folders. We have done everything we can think of to fix this including a fresh install of the CRM Outlook client on a new machine and still have same issue. Has anyone seen this before or have any ideas? ...

Recover live calendars?
Someone was helping me cleanup an old laptop and they deleted important calendars from my WLM. I have months worth of appointments and need some help/instructions. Thanks (I hope) Did you sign in to Live services in WLM? It will not say Sign in below the Close X if you are signed in. calendar.live.com will have the calendars that will sync back to WLM the next time you connect with WLM. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "nimbus" <nimbus@live.com> wrote in message news:CDFEEBEA-D031-4B0B-AECC-58F904E3E601@microsoft.com... > Someone was helping ...

Not receiving email in outlook
Help!! Pc challenged here. I'm sending mail in Outlook with no problem, but not receiving any new or return mail. Running XP, SP2. Do you get any errors when you try to receive mail? Also, you mention XP. Is that your OS or version of Outlook? "Paula" <Paula@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BBE654FB-4900-4D6F-BC77-DFFF4F944191@microsoft.com... > Help!! Pc challenged here. I'm sending mail in Outlook with no problem, > but > not receiving any new or return mail. Running XP, SP2. Hi Vince, and thank you for responding. XP is my ...

make a .jpg the default background for Outlook messages?
I have Office '03/Windows XP. I have a .jpg image which I would like as the default background for all messages in Outlook without having to insert it each time I create a message. Help accomplishing this would be appreciated. ~ Dan ...

outlook icon in the tray
Hi everyone, I have just installed outlook 2003 and now have an icon for outlook sitting in my system tray. I really don't like anything in there except for the usual necessities. Does anyone know how to get rid of it. I know it means I can minimise to tray but I always have 2 outlook windows open (one for calendar & 1 for inbox) so I'm very happy to minimise to usual position. Any help will be appreciated. I have seen a reg fix to put it there but its by deleting a file. Cheers. ...

How do I import Outlook Express 5 messages into Outlook 2003
How do I import messages from Outlook Express 5 (on an old machine) into Outlook 2003 on my new machine. I have transferred all of the .dbx files into a folder on the new m/c, but the import wizard does not let me select the folder that the .dbx files are in. "JohnR" <JohnR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6BDF3F2D-C834-478D-ADB5-DC599BBA4533@microsoft.com... > How do I import messages from Outlook Express 5 (on an old machine) into > Outlook 2003 on my new machine. I have transferred all of the .dbx files > into > a folder on the new m/c, but...

Setting up Outlook 2003
I have Windows XP Professional O/S. My ISP is MSN through my Cable Company. I want to keep the current email account I have with MSN and also create an additional acct on Outlook. How?, and can I create a different email address? -- Appreciate your help sharpielady <sharpielady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have Windows XP Professional O/S. My ISP is MSN through my Cable > Company. I want to keep the current email account I have with MSN and > also create an additional acct on Outlook. How?, and can I create a > different email address? You can't create an a...

"company name" contacts...
Hi! I did a Exchange server 2003 install in a costumers place. Everything works great. They have a common address list as "Company name" - Contacts. When I did a new install on one of my own servers I can´t find this contacts.... Can i create this common addresslist anywhere? Please help me.. -- Best Regards Niklas Banck What is the layout of the servers? Are there existing server there already? Sounds like RUS off the top of my head. "Niklas Banck" wrote: > Hi! > > I did a Exchange server 2003 install in a costumers place. Everything works &...

Outlook 2003 has no Send/Receive Options
I recently installed Outlook 2003 on a brand new laptop (running XP) and copied all of my .pst files to the new install. Everytihng seemed great, but I saw that the accounts didn't copy, so I manutlaly re-added them. I can send fine and the recipient receives the message, however, I cannot receive. I get no errors at all. If I push "Send/Receive" nothing happens at all. I can't access any send/receive options, either. I click on the options and nothing happens. I've done a repair on my installation, but it hasn't helped. Any ideas? I've also noticed that...

Another stupid question re. Contacts
OK, I *think* I'm convinced that you can't place Contacts back into the left-hand column in WM. But is it possible to change the default action to email the contact when you double-click a Contact instead of opening the Contact for editing? I mean, which is likely to be the most often used? It's bad enough to be forced to go through so many operations to get a contact into the To: slot, but that last step, when I either right-click the Contact (always slow on most older machines), or click it to highlight and then move the mouse to click the email button. I've ...

Views in MS Outlook Folders
I have a problem in that I have an archive of my email setup and I want to be able to set the archive so that all additional subfolders are sorted by the date received. I have tried setting the top folder level so that it is sorted by these credentials but still some of the folders below sort by different categories ie From. Any ideas? Paul Unfortunately in Outlook there is no way to set a view on one folder and have it migrated to other folders. Views in Outlook are maintained on a folder by folder basis. You will need to change the view on each folder individually. I hope this i...

Leaving Outlook on
How would I leave Outlook 2002 on, but minimized in the system tray? I believe in an Older Outlook I could do that, but I'm not sure with the 2002. http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/minimize_tray.htm BTW - Outlook 2002 was the first with the capability built in. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join On...

Distribution lists 03-12-10
I'm setting up a distribution list. Everything is setup, but what is the "private" box in the right hand corner for. Thanks! In the right hand corner of what? We don't know your Outlook version. We don't know the view to which you are referring. We don't know your information store. Why did you think you posted a question that someone else could answer? -- Russ Valentine "pinkgrana" <pinkgrana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D50FBD6B-70F1-4AE8-8754-072C6279E6B9@microsoft.com... > I'm setting up a distributio...

Outlook and Outlook Express #11
Every time we open an email or an appointment, the windows automatically go full screen. We want them to stay small, but have no idea how to do this. Can anyone help??? Hello, I'm using Outlook 2003. In this, when one double clicks an email in Inbox, it opens in a new window. It was FULL window (maximized) in my case. I restored this window (using "restore window " widget at the right hand side top corner next to minimize and close widgets in the title bar - above menu). I could then adjust the size of this window to my preference. Once i closed this window, the next ...

Contact 2003 Phone Numbers
You use to be able to input a 10 digit phone number into a New Contact and Contact would add the parens and dash and then space it out correctly. In Contact 2003 it just list the 10 digits in a row with a line underneath everything. This is very difficult to read. It makes it very time consuming to enter in the parens, space and dash. Is there a setting somewhere that will correct this? "Contact 2003?" What's that? If you mean Outlook 2003, set your location correctly and the numbers will mask automatically. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "geoff" <anonymou...