Recovering a blocked attachment

Is there a location on the computer that I can go to to
recover a blocked attachment. The attachment has an
extension of .cer which Outlook blocks by default.
0
anonymous (74717)

http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm should help.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Byron asked:

| Is there a location on the computer that I can go to to
| recover a blocked attachment. The attachment has an
| extension of .cer which Outlook blocks by default.

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

outlook xp recovered data - from CD
I just received a CD with all of my recovered outlook xp data from a failed hard drive: how do I move/copy/transfer the recovered Calendar, address book and contacts, personal folders, and emails from the data recovery CD to my existing Outlook folders? Where does that data reside on my new hard drive (windows xp pro oper system)? Would very much appreciate any help. Thanks. "kevinh" <kevin.hefner@aps.com> wrote in message news:0c7601c3b8f4$d417b3c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I just received a CD with all of my recovered outlook xp > data from a failed hard drive: ho...

How do you recover a parameter?
Hello, I would like to execute an excel file, for example, with a file name file.xls zz.txt And afterwards, in that file, I would like to recover the name zz.txt. Could you please help me? Thanks. Dave, I'm not sure what you mean by "execute" the Excel file, or "recover the name." It sounds as though you want to make a txt file from the xls file. If so, you'll need to open it in Excel, then do File - Save As, with the file type set to txt. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------- &...

Block Messages with 'Hi' or 'hi' in Subject
I am receiving 50-100 spams per day with these in the subject. Rule wizard will not allow me to delete messages containing 'Hi' or 'hi' a it would then delete messages such as 'High Volume' which may/may no be a valid email as it has 'Hi' as the subject word. I know man others who would be most interested in correcting this problem. Than you. Larr ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Recover live calendars?
Someone was helping me cleanup an old laptop and they deleted important calendars from my WLM. I have months worth of appointments and need some help/instructions. Thanks (I hope) Did you sign in to Live services in WLM? It will not say Sign in below the Close X if you are signed in. calendar.live.com will have the calendars that will sync back to WLM the next time you connect with WLM. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "nimbus" <nimbus@live.com> wrote in message news:CDFEEBEA-D031-4B0B-AECC-58F904E3E601@microsoft.com... > Someone was helping ...

Recover !!
Ok i updated my old outlook and because it was too much for my system (like all windows updates) i uninstalled oulook then reinstalled the old version now i have none of my old emails and there not in my hotmail either and they were going into both, hotmail and my outlook ~ so can anyone help me? or is it lost forever What is the version of your old Outlook? Try to search *.pst file "Robin" <rwtsr1@msn.com> wrote in message news:cb4101c48a4c$21dfd000$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Ok i updated my old outlook and because it was too much > for my system (like all windows upda...

Attachments in Outlook express #4
Does anyone know what to do when everytime you get sent an attachment it says "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachment" It is happening with all kinds of attachments for example word. I know these attachments are safe and do not contain viruses. How do I view them? Albert <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know what to do when everytime you get sent > an attachment it says "OE removed access to the following > unsafe attachment" It is happening with all kinds of > attachments for example word. I know these att...

Non-Blocking Sockets in Windows
Hi All, I am finding problems in non-blocking sockets(in language c) in windows. It will be of great help if anyone can provide a sample code for non blocking sockets in windows. Thanks in advance. "Natasha" <madhumithasekar@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1147867084.950909.50940@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi All, > > I am finding problems in non-blocking sockets(in language c) in > windows. It will be of great help if anyone can provide a sample code > for non blocking sockets in windows. Thanks in advance. > "Where can I find examples of soc...

How to block someone
Dear Folks, I need to block someone whos been really bothering me... I dont like the 'move to deleted' folder, cause I keep my deletions, so I still see his emails. There is another option that says dont download from server, but that action can only be applied 'After' arrival, and im finding that im still getting this. I had put this person also in the blocked sender list. So ive got him listed 3 times, and still his emails are coming through on outlook express to my desktop. Are my rules conflicting with one another? Is that the problem? Please tell me the best way to ke...

Recover Unsaved
I need help. Excel closed without saving what I was working on now I need to recover it.... You do not say how Excel closed or what version you are using. The later versions have an AutoRecover feature. If you closed Excel without saving the file, you may not be able to recover. -- Damon Longworth Don't miss out on the 2005 Excel User Conference Sept 16th and 17th Stockyards Hotel - Ft. Worth, Texas www.ExcelUserConference.com "Tori" <Tori@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F64C96B-62FD-430D-A27A-DF00A9AA64D0@microsoft.com... >I need help. Exce...

Help! I accidentally deleted emails that I desperately need to recover... Any suggestions please?
Desperate here! I have used LACIE back up, does it save emails? Many thanks! On 1/26/10 10:20 AM, in article C7847266.27FB9%gavin@kerner.com, "Gavin Wilding" <gavin@kerner.com> wrote: > Desperate here! I have used LACIE back up, does it save emails? It depends on what you backed up. Without more details, we can't help. You can use Switch Identity to access data in a second Identity. -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> YouTalk <...

Recover junk mail
How can I recover all of my mail from the junk mail folder that I mistakenly just deleted? afaik...locally emptying or purging the junk mail folder is permanent in WLM(and also if using WLM for http access to a Hotmail account). If Pop3, access the web server holding the account to determine if the messages are present(ymmv) in the web Deleted folder. -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "Justin" <Justin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18654186-1254-4406-9DAF-22B213E775D4@microsoft.com... > How can I recover all of my mail from the junk mail fold...

Incoming mail with attachment
how do I eliminate previews of attachments when I first open the mail? mposble <mposble@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how do I eliminate previews of attachments when I first open the mail? Outlook doesn't show attachments in the Reading Pane. Please describe what you mean. Include your version of Outlook and account type in the description. -- Brian Tillman ...

Outlook rules do not send encrypted attachment
I have set up digital ids on both the sender and receiver of outlook email. I am able to send encrypted email back and forth. All messages and all attachments are sent as encrypted. I have a rule set up to automaticly forward an email to this same receiver based on ccertain words in the subject. Whenever the message is forwarded automaticly it is not encrypted. I can go into outlook rules and manually process the rule. It will send the messsage encrypted. Any suggestions? ...

Recover
I set up my labtop for pop 3 mail. I like keeping almost all of my e-mails on the webmail server so I can refer to them. After I received the messages from my labtop, all the messages on my webmail were gone. I empytied the deleted items folder also on my labtop. Is there any kind of folder that they go to on the computer that's hidden before they e-mails are complety taken off the computer. Also is there a way to pull them off of the server again. The messages are gone, unless whoever provides your webmail has a way for you to get deleted messages back - ask them. In the fu...

Attachments in Outlook Express #3
Yes, I know this newsgroup is Outlook but I cannot find Outlook Express anywhere obvious! Please push me in the right direction if necessary. Thanks. Problem is that when I send an email with attachments (kosher stuff like Word and Powerpoint) I sometimes/often get told that the attachemnst, although present at the redeiving end canot be read/downloaded. I think this may be something at my end. Any ideas? Many thanks. Hi PVP, I'm not sure why your attachments sent via Outlook Express may not be received properly by others, unless the recipients have their attachments blocked by t...

Need to block email going to external email address from inside co
I have users sending info to unauthorized email address out side the company but to the best of my knowledge I have no way of blocking this. I know I can block emails going to an internal user but how do I block internal emails from going to external address? External being SMTP Enviroment is Win2003 Exchange 2003 OutLook 2000/2003 I don't have access to my exchange server at the moment so I can't check this but I think that you can filter the email domain within exchange server so that if any mail going to the external address is sent, it gets blocked before it leaves the ex...

Access is blocked from sending emails via Outlook 2000
I have a few macros in Access that send out emails with data to a list. Since we moved to Outlook 2000, that functionality is no longer available. Outlook spits out a message asking user permission to proceed with this. Is there some way to turn off this warning on a user level? That is, I don't want my entire organization to be able to do this, just a couple of people. TIA, Poorna. You'll need to either change how you do it from access or use Click yes. For more information on the security features, see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - O...

Is it possible to recover a file that's been saved over?
I'm sure I already know the answer to this question, but I have to ask anyway. I was working on an Excel file containing very important information on my laptop. I wanted to save the file to my thumb drive in order to create a backup copy. I recall being prompted by the save action to replace the existing copy, which I assumed was referring to the old copy that was already on my thumb drive, so I selected the "Yes" button. Now that I've tried to open the file on the laptop, I realize that it now has the old copy. Basically, I saved the old version of the file on top...

Recover Outlook Tasks
I use tasks as a to-do list and have a problem with some tasks that have been deleted by a synchronisation. I sync a PocketPC2002 pda with a notebook and a desktop both running XP Outlook 2002. I didn't realise when doing a recent sync (ActiveSync 3.7.1) with the notebook that many of my tasks were deleted. Before realising I synced with the desktop so now none of the three devices have all my tasks. Is there a way to recover them? There is nothing in the deleted folders or archives. Thanks in advance... Did you have a backup of your PST file, presuming you use a PST file? If ...

Attachments in Outlook 2007
I am running Outlook 2007 as a stand alone program with no Exchange Server. In prior versions of Outlook I used an add-in that allowed me to receive potentially dangerous attachments that were filtered by default. This add-in apparently does not work in Outlook 2007. Does anyone have a work around for this? And what add-in would that have been? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Charlie asked: | I am runn...

recover account
I removed an account in WLM, and lost a lot of message. So can I recorver them. Please help me. Thanks Edson If this was a pop3 account, then no. Removal of an account in WLM deletes the account and all stored messages from one's hard drive. To remove an account, one has to answer yes to a prompt for deletion. WLM's prompt explaining the deletion could be improved upon making it much clearer on the impact. Here's what the prompt stated <qp> Are you sure you want to remove the <account name> account ? If this account is set so that messages are delet...

Email Attachments getting converted to Windows format in Outlook
When I open my IMAP mailbox using outlook it deletes and re-inserts any emails that have image attachments. The new email on the server is converted to a winmail.dat attachment format. This causes problems when I try to read the same file using my PDA since it can not read the winmail.dat format. How do I make outlook stop "auto" converting my attachments to winmail.dat. I have outlook configured to send email with plain text to prevent this problem when I send email I was shocked to learn that outlook was converting my email when I access the mailbox. Any help would be appreci...

Odd attachment error
This has only started occurring today. I am able to open all my attachments, with the exception of any attachment that consists of the same file name "resume.doc" of which I receive 100s of this name. I am repeatedly receiving the "...check folder permissions" error. I have renamed all other files with this name, but nothing changes. I'm using WINXP and Outlook 2003. Check your C:\Documents and Settings\<<username>>\Local Settings\Temp folder. With Outlook and all other apps closed, try deleting all the .tmp files beginning with ~ in this folder. Res...

Comcast Blocked Port 25
Comcast blocked Port 25 on my modem which disables my ability to send e-mail due to detected virus/spam activity. They recommended changing my Entourage port setting to 587. I contacted the Comcast Help Desk but they did not have any information on Mac's or MS Entourage. Does anyone know how to change the Entourage Port settings? Thanks! Stan On 12/28/09 8:33 PM, in article C75EF0BC.5A78%smushaw@comcast.net, "Stanley Mushaw" <smushaw@comcast.net> wrote: > Does anyone know how to > change the Entourage Port settings? Open your Account under Tools...

Blocking problem
Hi there, I'm invoking "SqlConnection.BeginTransaction()" just before I do a series of inserts into multiple tables. I just ran a test and discovered that until the transaction is committed, it apparently blocks other users coming through the same code. Each user will be inserting completely different data into the same tables using this code and it needs to occur simultaneously (I don't want this blocking other users IOW). Can someone enlighten me on how to do this. I'm guessing it has something to do with the transaction's isolation level but it'...