recover mails from .bak file in ms outlook

Dear All

I had some problem with MS Outlook (2003). I found that there was a
problem with .PST file

I tried to repair it with SCANPST.EXE. It repaired my OUTLOOK.PST file
but many mails are missing.

I had taken bakup of .PST file into .BAK file.

Please guide me how can in recover my mails from .BAK file

Thanks

Vimal

--
vimalrupera

If you have a backup copy of your pst and you recover it, then you may well
find the problem is also recovered.

What format is your pst file? - If your pst is open in Outlook, select
properties of the personal folders, Advanced, what is shown for Format?
What size is it?

If you selected the option in scanpst it will have crated a copy of the
origonal, prior to repairing

You recover a back file by using the same software you used to create it,
and if possible you recover it to some other location, eg My Documents, so
that it doesnt overwrite your existing pst

"vimalrupera" <vimalrupera.2e73235@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message

> Dear All
>

> I had some problem with MS Outlook (2003). I found that there was a
> problem with .PST file
>

> I tried to repair it with SCANPST.EXE. It repaired my OUTLOOK.PST file
> but many mails are missing.
>

> I had taken bakup of .PST file into .BAK file.
>

> Please guide me how can in recover my mails from .BAK file
>

> Thanks
>
> Vimal
>

> --
> vimalrupera

0
DL
8/12/2008 6:17:08 PM
vimalrupera <vimalrupera.2e73235@outlookbanter.com> wrote:

> Please guide me how can in recover my mails from .BAK file

Read the documentation for the app that you used to create the .bak file.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
0

How do you recover a parameter?
Hello, I would like to execute an excel file, for example, with a file name file.xls zz.txt And afterwards, in that file, I would like to recover the name zz.txt. Could you please help me? Thanks. Dave, I'm not sure what you mean by "execute" the Excel file, or "recover the name." It sounds as though you want to make a txt file from the xls file. If so, you'll need to open it in Excel, then do File - Save As, with the file type set to txt. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------- &...

outlook xp recovered data - from CD
I just received a CD with all of my recovered outlook xp data from a failed hard drive: how do I move/copy/transfer the recovered Calendar, address book and contacts, personal folders, and emails from the data recovery CD to my existing Outlook folders? Where does that data reside on my new hard drive (windows xp pro oper system)? Would very much appreciate any help. Thanks. "kevinh" <kevin.hefner@aps.com> wrote in message news:0c7601c3b8f4$d417b3c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I just received a CD with all of my recovered outlook xp > data from a failed hard drive: ho...

can receive e-mail, can't send e-mail
Upon switching e-mail providers from Verizon to Frontier, I am able to receive e-mails, but sent e-mails go to outbox of Windows Mail with error message. I have tried enabling and disabling the authentication feature in account set-up. Theconnection to the server has failed. Subject 'email test', Account: 'pop3.frontier.com', Server: 'smtp.frontier.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E ...

outlook 2003 inbox format
How can I eliminate the "Today", "Yesterday", "Last Week", etc? I much prefer the look of Outlook 2000. Thank you View > Arrange By > Show in groups "Trng Administrator" <Trng Administrator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49639DAB-7738-4951-B6AC-6A35AD2862FD@microsoft.com... > How can I eliminate the "Today", "Yesterday", "Last Week", etc? I much > prefer the look of Outlook 2000. > > Thank you neo [mvp outlook] wrote: > View > Arrange By > Show in groups That...

Linking Word and Publisher files
Hi, Is it possible to have links between files saved in Word, Publisher and Powerpoint 2003? I have been working on a twenty page document saved in each program. As I make updates, can I have each of the files in each separate program updated when I make one new save? -- Frankly Speaking Insert, object, create from file, browse to the file, check link. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Frankly Speaking" <FranklySpeaking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D024A22-8FFF-421D-9C86-E825E1...

email mail merge drops attachment
I'm attempting an email mail merge to a recruiters database using Microsoft Outlook 2002. I'm running Windows XP on a home network with a shared internet connection, ISP is Optimum Online. The mail merge portion works fine. My problem is the outgoing emails are dropping an important attachment, which is my resume. Can anyone help? Individual emails with the same attachment work fine. The attachment gets dropped when I send the same email out of a mail merge. Please reply to MStieglitz@optonline.net Thanks very much for your help. This is a limitation of Ma...

Outlook 2003 does not archive
I've been searching for information on this problem for a few weeks... Situation: Exchange server 5.5 running on NT 4.0 SP6a. Client is on Outlook 2003. PST file size is under 1GB. Problem: Can not do a manual archive. The archive window opens up and takes the settings...when OK is clicked archive appears in the lower right hand corner of Outlook and zips through all the folders but it does not archive any of the designated emails. TIA for any insight into this behavior. Jim Archiving is based on the modified date of the message. Verify that the modified date of the messages a...

Drag and Drop from 2007 Excel and Word File Open and File Save win
One one of our Windows XP SPK3 computers were running Office 2007. When ever your using Word or Excel and you use either the File Open or File Save commands and the Windowed Dialog Box appears with your file and folder listings it will not let you move or drag and drop a file from one location to another. Lets say you have 3 Sub Folders in My Documents ( Folder 1, Folder 2 and Folder 3 each containing files.) You notice while in the File / Open or File / Save Dialog Box window that their are several files which currently reside in the My Documents folder but should be in say ...

using Word as my e-mail editor
By choice, I have Word as my e-mail editor in Outlook 2002. When I open a regular Word document from within the Word e-mail editor, it does so in a new window. Does anyone know if it's possible to open a Word document directly into the Word e-mail editor message area, instead of a separate window--which then requires a copy /paste procedure? Thanks in advance. Alex No, you cannot as when you are using a new Word document, it is not connected to your email account usage of Wordmail. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. D...

Junk Mail Filters -- how to use them?
In two weeks, I've graduated from being a baby-Outlook user to a toddler. Please continue to bear with me. I have activated junk mail filters in Outlook 2002. I may have added one or two senders. * Where do I look to see who I've added? * I can't find where to configure the junk mail filters, except to turn them on or off. * How do I make sure that anybody in my contacts can go ahead and send me junk and porn? lol * I gather the junk mail filter for v2003 can be updated from MS. Does Outlook 2002 have a way to update the junk mail filter? Thank you. -- Lady Dungeness Cr...

File Locked for Editting.
We have a network running on server 2003, client machines are all Windows XP SP1. I have a user that consistently when opening .xls files that are stored on the server, gets the popup message, <filename> is locked for editting by 'user'. The odd thing is, the 'user' is the user that is opening that file.. and she does not have it open allready. Also, the open and close time of her files are a lot slower than they should be. Any ideas? Justin One possible cause....... Excel stores in Windows\Temp(win98) folder a copy(s) of any file that is open. Sometimes this *....

Outlook client displaying different folders than web client
CRM 3.0 Outlook client security issue: We limited security for several users to only see certain folders. This works fine on the web client but in their Outlook client they see all the folders. We have done everything we can think of to fix this including a fresh install of the CRM Outlook client on a new machine and still have same issue. Has anyone seen this before or have any ideas? ...

Outlook Font Size Incorrect
I'm having a problem with the font size in Outlook 2002 appearing too small. It's set for 10pt arial in the configuration but appears to be only about 5 or 6 pts on the screen. When a test message is sent it's the correct size on the recipient's screen. I've gone through all of the settings and have compared them to another machine that is working properly. All appears to be the same. Have also run the Detect and Repair function. My operating system is Windows 2k Professional. Any help is appreciated. ...

I can't seem to get Outlook 2007 working
I am running Office 2007 with Vista. I have recently tried to get Outlook 2007 working but when I use the wizard to set it up with POP3 etc and the usual incoming server details (which are all correct) it won't accept my password/login for my mail server. I know it is all correct but it just won't go on to set up. Any ideas? In article <A6D9D38F-2CC7-4B6B-82B4-D186D8761C3F@microsoft.com>, Richard@discussions.microsoft.com says... > > I am running Office 2007 with Vista. I have recently tried to get Outlook > 2007 working but when I use the wizard to set ...

Sending Multi-page e-mails out of Publisher
My wife has a 4-page resume and cover letter that she is trying to send as one continuous (scrollable) document in an e-mail. So far, we have only been successful at sending one page at a time. Does anyone know how we can send the entire 4 pages as one long e-mail? She thinks she has to reformat it all over again into one large page, but if there's a way to save doing all that work over again, it'd sure be nice to know about it. Thanks, Jim Carruth jcarruth wrote: > Does anyone know how we can send the entire 4 pages as one long e-mail? She > thinks she has to reforma...

Recover live calendars?
Someone was helping me cleanup an old laptop and they deleted important calendars from my WLM. I have months worth of appointments and need some help/instructions. Thanks (I hope) Did you sign in to Live services in WLM? It will not say Sign in below the Close X if you are signed in. calendar.live.com will have the calendars that will sync back to WLM the next time you connect with WLM. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "nimbus" <nimbus@live.com> wrote in message news:CDFEEBEA-D031-4B0B-AECC-58F904E3E601@microsoft.com... > Someone was helping ...

Not receiving email in outlook
Help!! Pc challenged here. I'm sending mail in Outlook with no problem, but not receiving any new or return mail. Running XP, SP2. Do you get any errors when you try to receive mail? Also, you mention XP. Is that your OS or version of Outlook? "Paula" <Paula@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BBE654FB-4900-4D6F-BC77-DFFF4F944191@microsoft.com... > Help!! Pc challenged here. I'm sending mail in Outlook with no problem, > but > not receiving any new or return mail. Running XP, SP2. Hi Vince, and thank you for responding. XP is my ...

Can't view files with latest beta2 refresh #2
I downloaded the latest Beta2 refresh and now I cant access any of my word and publisher docs. It says "can't find file" or some such thing. I thought I read somewhere that the view and print functions in the latest refresh have been disabled. This is MOST inconvenient as every piece of business on my hard drive is now useless....is there any way of fixing this? Yes, you've said that already. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Fabman" <Fabman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9FD0DA9-F0DF-4CFF-ACB9-8207333DEBE7@microsoft.co...

encryptet Mail is no able to open... (XP)
If i try to open an encryptet mail, i get the password- inputbox. but nothing happens. if i save the password, nothing happens either! and after i saved the pw and klick on to another encryptet mail it suddenly opens. but i want to open it without saving the password! has anybody had this problem before? ...

where does microsoft mail export mail messages to?
Just purchased a new computer & have been using Outloog Express 6.0 on my old computer. New computer has Outlook 2007. I just exported my outlook express mail in windows mail so I could have it in Outlook 2007. Where does it get exported to? How can I find it? Outlook has to be setup / configured & working, before in Mail you Export msgs to 'Exchange' (Close outlook before doing the Mail export) "tcubbedge" <tcubbedge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C4208DB-021E-4FDD-8FEF-6B1B8F2B5880@microsoft.com... > Just purchased a new computer &...

Lost unread mail folder -- OL2003
for some reason my UNREAD Mail folder has disappeared from my favorites in Outlook 2003. Any Ideas how I can get it back and to work as original? Thanks in advance Davis The favorites is just a shortcut to the Search Folder. Rightclick it and choose Add to Favorite Folders If it's not there recreate it by righvtclicking Search Folders and choose New Search Folder... -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar -Creating a Classic ...

Attachments in Outlook express #4
Does anyone know what to do when everytime you get sent an attachment it says "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachment" It is happening with all kinds of attachments for example word. I know these attachments are safe and do not contain viruses. How do I view them? Albert <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know what to do when everytime you get sent > an attachment it says "OE removed access to the following > unsafe attachment" It is happening with all kinds of > attachments for example word. I know these att...

Recover !!
Ok i updated my old outlook and because it was too much for my system (like all windows updates) i uninstalled oulook then reinstalled the old version now i have none of my old emails and there not in my hotmail either and they were going into both, hotmail and my outlook ~ so can anyone help me? or is it lost forever What is the version of your old Outlook? Try to search *.pst file "Robin" <rwtsr1@msn.com> wrote in message news:cb4101c48a4c$21dfd000$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Ok i updated my old outlook and because it was too much > for my system (like all windows upda...

Oulook Internet Mail
I have a user who is only getting the Internet mail option for outlook and services does not show uip to change it to the Exchange mode. which version of outlook? it sounds like you are in internet only mode and need to reconfigure for corporate - look in tools, options, mail [services] for the reconfigure button. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Search for answers: htt...

Why is mail merge not available?
I have newly installed Publisher 2003 and most of the mail merge commands are not available. How do I activate this feature? What commands are unavailable? Can you open the wizard? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "MarkCJ" <MarkCJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13AB0160-5F4D-4481-BCB5-D3C9E45B363A@microsoft.com... >I have newly installed Publisher 2003 and most of the mail merge commands are > not available. How do I activate this feature? In the Tools/Mail and Catalog Merge ...