recover deleted email #3

is it possible to recover deleted email from a pst file before the file has
been compacted?  it seems since until you run compact the file doesn't get
smaller the information mut still be there.

No exchange server by the way.  just email in local pst file.

0
junk2845 (48)

Did you try Recover Deleted Items by right clicking on the deleted items
folder.  This may be only available if you have Exchange.

Regards

--
Francine Otterson
President, San Diego Outlook User Group

http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/restoredeleteditemsfromanoutlookpst.htm
--
Brian Tillman
0

The original poster said:

> No exchange server by the way.  just email in local pst file.

SO how does suggesting an Exchange-only option help?
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Procedure for sending an email in Publisher
I am trying to use Publisher for the first time to send an email newsletter. I have selected one of the templates and I was trying to send it to myself as a test. When I typed my email address and hit "send" I received an error message from Outlook Express. It said "Access to the account was denied. Verify that your username and password are correct. Account: Hotmail, Server: http://services.msn.com/hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: Bad Password, Port: 0, Secure (SSL): No, Error Number 0x800CCC32 I would greatly appreciate some guidanc...

deleting info within a cell
I would like to delete ' and an s in a set of numbers within a cell how do you efficently do this through out a data set. (example 344'6s = 3446 in cell only) -- jkc Find ' and replace with blank, then again with the s jkc wrote: > I would like to delete ' and an s in a set of numbers within a cell how do > you efficently do this through out a data set. (example 344'6s = 3446 in > cell only) Hi, do you always have ' and s in your data if yes highlight the data, press CTRL H find what enter ', then in replace with don't enter...

Email looping problem
Hi, We have recently taken over another company and I need to get the users at the new companies site to be able to receive emails in the format of our companies email e.g. both sites need to receive emails sent to joe.bloggs@xyz.com We have setup recipient policy on the new companies exchange to accept emails for our companies domain. We have also set the SMTP virtual server at each site to "forward email with unresolved recipients" to the public IP address of the other. The problem here is that when an email is sent to a user that doesn't exist both exchange servers w...

outlook xp recovered data - from CD
I just received a CD with all of my recovered outlook xp data from a failed hard drive: how do I move/copy/transfer the recovered Calendar, address book and contacts, personal folders, and emails from the data recovery CD to my existing Outlook folders? Where does that data reside on my new hard drive (windows xp pro oper system)? Would very much appreciate any help. Thanks. "kevinh" <kevin.hefner@aps.com> wrote in message news:0c7601c3b8f4$d417b3c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I just received a CD with all of my recovered outlook xp > data from a failed hard drive: ho...

Moving email and address book to new drive
I had a 320GB drive failure and installed a new 500 GB and formatted and completely reloaded all my software on the clean disk. I installed the 320GB drive as my 2nd (D:) drive and can access most of my business files but I cannot get my old emails and address book from my old drive. Is there a file I can rename in my new drive (i.e. a made up example of OULTOOKLIB to OUTLOOKLIBNEW or OUTLOOKEMAILS to OUTLOOKEMAILSNEW) and copy and paste the original files from the old drive to the new? I would rename the files on the new drive just in case something went wrong. It would all...

How do you recover a parameter?
Hello, I would like to execute an excel file, for example, with a file name file.xls zz.txt And afterwards, in that file, I would like to recover the name zz.txt. Could you please help me? Thanks. Dave, I'm not sure what you mean by "execute" the Excel file, or "recover the name." It sounds as though you want to make a txt file from the xls file. If so, you'll need to open it in Excel, then do File - Save As, with the file type set to txt. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------- &...

Cannot delete Sent Items #2
I can't delete some of the older files from my Sent Items folder. Basically everything dated 12/7/2004 and earlier will not delete. I get an error message that says "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." I've restarted and still get the same error. I even restarted the computer as well. Anybody got any ideas? thanks, Richard Are you able to right-click on an individual email and delete it? Have you tried opening Outlook in safe mode and then deleting the sent items: http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howt...

Not receiving email in outlook
Help!! Pc challenged here. I'm sending mail in Outlook with no problem, but not receiving any new or return mail. Running XP, SP2. Do you get any errors when you try to receive mail? Also, you mention XP. Is that your OS or version of Outlook? "Paula" <Paula@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BBE654FB-4900-4D6F-BC77-DFFF4F944191@microsoft.com... > Help!! Pc challenged here. I'm sending mail in Outlook with no problem, > but > not receiving any new or return mail. Running XP, SP2. Hi Vince, and thank you for responding. XP is my ...

Recover live calendars?
Someone was helping me cleanup an old laptop and they deleted important calendars from my WLM. I have months worth of appointments and need some help/instructions. Thanks (I hope) Did you sign in to Live services in WLM? It will not say Sign in below the Close X if you are signed in. calendar.live.com will have the calendars that will sync back to WLM the next time you connect with WLM. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "nimbus" <nimbus@live.com> wrote in message news:CDFEEBEA-D031-4B0B-AECC-58F904E3E601@microsoft.com... > Someone was helping ...

HELP!!! Deleting all transactions
I get an error when I try to "delete all transactions" from the "Store" then "Database" menu. the error says "Could not truncate table "VitalAuthorization" becase table does not exist in database." If it's RMS, the table name is VisaNetAuthorizaion, not VitalAuthorization. <jjames@rmegroup.net> wrote in message news:1172177341.668792.19840@a75g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... >I get an error when I try to "delete all transactions" from the > "Store" then "Database" menu. the error says "Could ...

Can't delete file in Outlook express outbox
I have a large email file in my outbox that won't send and I can' delete it -- PhoenixVP ----------------------------------------------------------------------- PhoenixVPC's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=468 View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-187101402 PhoenixVPC, you wrote on Fri, 26 Aug 2005 13:46:14 -0500: > I have a large email file in my outbox that won't send and I can't > delete it. Close Outlook Express and search for the file "Outbox.dbx" on your system. Delete it an restart OE. Best Regards Christian Goeller -...

CRM 3.0 and Multiple currencies
Hi, Out of the box is CRM 3.0 multi currency capable ? .. I saw another post with links to a bunch of other vendors who provide plugins and components for 1.2 for multi currency .. but I'm just wondering if anything has changed with 3.0 ? thanks for the help, regards, Wal. Hi Wal! "Wal" wrote > Out of the box is CRM 3.0 multi currency capable ? .. I saw another post > with links to a bunch of other vendors who provide plugins and components > for > 1.2 for multi currency .. but I'm just wondering if anything has changed > with > 3.0 ? AFAIS no....

Can send emails but not receive them
Hi there Have just set up new Laptop with Windows 7. Have set up Windows Live Email with an acitv8me account. Can send emails no problems. Sent a test email to my hotmail account, which I received no worries. I replied to the email from my hotmail account but was not received in the Windows Live email. I sent a test email from the Windows Live email to itself. It sent no worries and I received it in my inbox no worries. So can't work out why I can send to my hotmail address but not receive emails from there. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated, thank...

Deleting a transaction in Admin
Can someone tell me how to delete a transaction in the admin. Here's the story, employee helped a customer with a return and ended up oweing the customer money. Our policy is to give the return on a gift card. the employee forgot to add a gift card item and just swiped the card on the tender screen. Since that didn't work she just gave the customer cash back. Now my x report says that we accepted funds for on a gift card and my cash is short that amount. I would like to just delete the whole transaction and redo as if I was giving the customer cash back so all my numbers a...

Hiding Dbase 111 Records Marked for Deletion
I will be linking several Dbase 111 Tables into a MS Access 2003 Table. Can records that are marked for deletion be hidden? I would add a field for Archive - Yes/No. Bring the data in separately and those marked as 'Delete' set the Archive to Yes. In your queries use criteria on the Archive field. -- Build a little, test a little. "nevw" wrote: > I will be linking several Dbase 111 Tables into a MS Access 2003 Table. > Can records that are marked for deletion be hidden? > ...

Email document as Text too
Is it possible to email a document's content as a text as well? Thanks. Maria JASSB Not certain what you mean. You can save a Publisher file as text or as a .doc. Or you can copy the text and paste it into an email post. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "JASSB" <JASSB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1CE741A-690E-4444-A3F2-F98AF1623CF8@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to email a document's content as a text as well? > > Thanks. > Maria > JASSB ...

Excel
I want to quickly delete unwanted rows from a file. I can use a custom filter to "hide" the unwanted rows, but I'd like to delete those rows. Any suggestions. Instead of hiding the unwanted rows, filter to show ONLY those rows. Then select and delete the visible rows. "rook" wrote: > I want to quickly delete unwanted rows from a file. I can use a custom > filter to "hide" the unwanted rows, but I'd like to delete those rows. > > Any suggestions. You need to choose a filter option which displays only the unwanted rows (i.e. the oppos...

Outlook Rules doesn't allow deletion.
Outlook Rule that I ask to permanently delete a message before I even view it says I don't have appropriate permissions to perform the task. I am the only user and am listed as administrator. I'm sure you've seen this before and I think I had it corrected .... once .... before I had to do a full factory recovery in past months. Would you be kind if you know the answer and direct me? Thanks a gazillion! XP Outlook 2003 on Toshiba Laptop using Student and Teacher Edition. Thanks, jack -- -- Jack da Shack ...

Recover !!
Ok i updated my old outlook and because it was too much for my system (like all windows updates) i uninstalled oulook then reinstalled the old version now i have none of my old emails and there not in my hotmail either and they were going into both, hotmail and my outlook ~ so can anyone help me? or is it lost forever What is the version of your old Outlook? Try to search *.pst file "Robin" <rwtsr1@msn.com> wrote in message news:cb4101c48a4c$21dfd000$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Ok i updated my old outlook and because it was too much > for my system (like all windows upda...

Exchange 5.5 Tracing Spoofed Email
I am administrating an Exchange 5.5 server with about 100 mailboxes. For financial reasons we are not able to upgrade. 5.5 works well most of the time, but lately we've run into a problem with SPAM. It appears that some PC on our network is sending spam. The outbound email appears in the queue. It goes to seemingly random addresses (not any that would be in anyone's Outlook contact list) and the sender is blank. Relaying is turned off (per the MS Knowlege Base article) and I have gone through the steps to verify it. My guess is that the worm is on our local network and th...

downloaded email not in inbox!
I upgraded from outlook 2000 to outlook 2003 and when I download my pop3 email it recieves the messages but they dont appear in my inbox or anywhere else! I've created a new pst file and tried downloading to that but the file size doesn't change after emails come in, so emails are lost once they are deleted from the pop3 server. Anyone have suggestions?! Why arent the emails going to the pst and my inbox? thanx. ...

how do i set up outlook expres inside a company and set my email
need immidiate action What has this to do with Word? Ask your company IT support. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "sukanta" <sukanta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FDFAAD93-EBF4-4FBE-A407-29066C1968DE@microsoft.com... > need i...

Risk and Decision Analysis @Risk, Evolver, Decisiontools, Roy Kelly FloorTrader Tools 8.3, AmiBroker 5.0, MultiCharts 2.1, NinjaTrader 6, OwnData 2.6, VantagePoint 7.0.11.2, other ...
Risk and Decision Analysis @Risk, Evolver, Decisiontools, Roy Kelly FloorTrader Tools 8.3, AmiBroker 5.0, MultiCharts 2.1, NinjaTrader 6, OwnData 2.6, VantagePoint 7.0.11.2, other ... please send e-mail to : ola 'AT' mail 'DOT' gr , ola3 'AT' mailbox 'DOT' gr , ( please substitute 'AT' with '@' , and 'DOT' with '.' ) , ola@mail.gr, ola3@mailbox.gr, ======================================= RISK ANALYSIS with @RISK --- @RISK 4.5.7 for Excel, Compatible with Excel 2007, ( Standard, Porfessional, Industrial ) @RISK 4.5.6 Internat...

Recover Unsaved
I need help. Excel closed without saving what I was working on now I need to recover it.... You do not say how Excel closed or what version you are using. The later versions have an AutoRecover feature. If you closed Excel without saving the file, you may not be able to recover. -- Damon Longworth Don't miss out on the 2005 Excel User Conference Sept 16th and 17th Stockyards Hotel - Ft. Worth, Texas www.ExcelUserConference.com "Tori" <Tori@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F64C96B-62FD-430D-A27A-DF00A9AA64D0@microsoft.com... >I need help. Exce...

O/L 2007 deleting valid e-mails
"all of a sudden" (after an update?) my Outlook 2007 has been sending inward emails apparently at random to 'Deleted' rather than Inbox. In some cases EVEN IF it's from a trusted address or if it's a reply to an e-mail I've sent. I can trace no pattern as to why it does so. Junk Mail filter works 100% correctly, however, and Junk ends up in the right place. Any cure?? Previous thread was inconclusive. TIA Phil Harrison nosirrah;114164 Wrote: > "all of a sudden" (after an update?) my Outlook 2007 has been sending > inward ...