recipient has no attachment

Hiya folks

I am using outlook 2000 to send attachments to someone.  Every day I send
her DSS files (dictaction files), and she has got them no problem, up until
recently.  She is on a dial-up connection, and says it still takes ages for
the e-mail to download.  But when she gets it, there are no attachments.

I usually send the attachments by right-clicking them, and choosing 'send to
e-mail recipient'.  When the users comes back to me to tell me there was no
attachment, I generally tend to hit reply, then just drag the attachment
into the e-mail which works fine.

Does anyone have any idea why the attachments aren't going through?

P.S. It's intermittent - some of them work, some don't.... weird!

0
JurgenBrea

Make sure you're not sending in Rich Text format. If you're just sending her
files you're better of sending her in Plain Text format.
In addition to that you might want to verify with the administrators/ISP's
that your type of attachment isn't blocked by their mailservers.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

-----
"JurgenBrea" <JB@_._> wrote in message news:cfs8rq$tkb$1@lust.ihug.co.nz...
> Hiya folks
>
> I am using outlook 2000 to send attachments to someone.  Every day I send
> her DSS files (dictaction files), and she has got them no problem, up
> until
> recently.  She is on a dial-up connection, and says it still takes ages
> for
> the e-mail to download.  But when she gets it, there are no attachments.
>
> I usually send the attachments by right-clicking them, and choosing 'send
> e-mail recipient'.  When the users comes back to me to tell me there was
> no
> attachment, I generally tend to hit reply, then just drag the attachment
> into the e-mail which works fine.
>
> Does anyone have any idea why the attachments aren't going through?
>
> P.S. It's intermittent - some of them work, some don't.... weird!

0
Roady
8/17/2004 7:15:10 AM
1. Which version of Windows?

2. When did the problem begin?

3. Do you have all of Outlook 2000's critical updates?

4. Did the problem begin after installing an update?

5. Is the problem related to the size of the attachment?
Some ISPs refuse attachments of the attachment is greater
than a certain size?  The attachment may be refused if the
recipient's inbox maximize size is exceeded.

0
anonymous (74717)
8/17/2004 7:41:01 AM
I had set the format up to send in html, but your post reminded me that the
individual contact can be set up to 'always send in rich text'.  so i've
changd that setting, and no complaints so far today.... fingers crossed!
thanks for the help :)

message news:%2398mrmChEHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Make sure you're not sending in Rich Text format. If you're just sending
her
> files you're better of sending her in Plain Text format.
> In addition to that you might want to verify with the administrators/ISP's
> that your type of attachment isn't blocked by their mailservers.
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> www.howto-outlook.com
>
> Tips of the month:
> -What do the Outlook Icons Mean?
> -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1
>
> -----
> "JurgenBrea" <JB@_._> wrote in message
> > Hiya folks
> >
> > I am using outlook 2000 to send attachments to someone.  Every day I
send
> > her DSS files (dictaction files), and she has got them no problem, up
> > until
> > recently.  She is on a dial-up connection, and says it still takes ages
> > for
> > the e-mail to download.  But when she gets it, there are no attachments.
> >
> > I usually send the attachments by right-clicking them, and choosing
'send
> > e-mail recipient'.  When the users comes back to me to tell me there was
> > no
> > attachment, I generally tend to hit reply, then just drag the attachment
> > into the e-mail which works fine.
> >
> > Does anyone have any idea why the attachments aren't going through?
> >
> > P.S. It's intermittent - some of them work, some don't.... weird!

0
JurgenBrea
8/18/2004 6:02:26 AM
Good to hear and you're welcome! :-)

--

"JurgenBrea" <JB@_._> wrote in message news:cfurdc$1h9$1@lust.ihug.co.nz...
>I had set the format up to send in html, but your post reminded me that the
> individual contact can be set up to 'always send in rich text'.  so i've
> changd that setting, and no complaints so far today.... fingers crossed!
> thanks for the help :)
>

> "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote
> in
> message news:%2398mrmChEHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> Make sure you're not sending in Rich Text format. If you're just sending
> her
>> files you're better of sending her in Plain Text format.
>> In addition to that you might want to verify with the
>> administrators/ISP's
>> that your type of attachment isn't blocked by their mailservers.
>>
>> --
>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>> www.howto-outlook.com
>>
>> Tips of the month:
>> -What do the Outlook Icons Mean?
>> -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1
>>
>> -----
>> "JurgenBrea" <JB@_._> wrote in message
>> > Hiya folks
>> >
>> > I am using outlook 2000 to send attachments to someone.  Every day I
> send
>> > her DSS files (dictaction files), and she has got them no problem, up
>> > until
>> > recently.  She is on a dial-up connection, and says it still takes ages
>> > for
>> > the e-mail to download.  But when she gets it, there are no
>> > attachments.
>> >
>> > I usually send the attachments by right-clicking them, and choosing
> 'send
>> > e-mail recipient'.  When the users comes back to me to tell me there
>> > was
>> > no
>> > attachment, I generally tend to hit reply, then just drag the
>> > attachment
>> > into the e-mail which works fine.
>> >
>> > Does anyone have any idea why the attachments aren't going through?
>> >
>> > P.S. It's intermittent - some of them work, some don't.... weird!

0
Roady
8/18/2004 7:15:37 AM
Thanks from me as well.  Nothing like a good newsgroup to find a solution!

One of our people who uses Outlook 2003 on XP was having this same problem
sending to an individual running Outlook 2000 on Win2000.  Didn't happen
until he upgraded to XP or maybe even XPsp2.  I wonder how many more
have/will struggle with this.  What has caused this and what is the problem
with rich text?  Also, found that the attachments were dropped if added
using the "send to" from Word, but not if attached from within Outlook.  Can
anyone explain?

message news:eTuJmLPhEHA.1156@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Good to hear and you're welcome! :-)
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> www.howto-outlook.com
>
> Tips of the month:
> -What do the Outlook Icons Mean?
> -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1
>
> -----
> "JurgenBrea" <JB@_._> wrote in message
>>I had set the format up to send in html, but your post reminded me that
>>the
>> individual contact can be set up to 'always send in rich text'.  so i've
>> changd that setting, and no complaints so far today.... fingers crossed!
>> thanks for the help :)
>>

>> "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote
>> in
>> message news:%2398mrmChEHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>>> Make sure you're not sending in Rich Text format. If you're just sending
>> her
>>> files you're better of sending her in Plain Text format.
>>> In addition to that you might want to verify with the
>>> administrators/ISP's
>>> that your type of attachment isn't blocked by their mailservers.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>>> www.howto-outlook.com
>>>
>>> Tips of the month:
>>> -What do the Outlook Icons Mean?
>>> -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1
>>>
>>> -----
>>> "JurgenBrea" <JB@_._> wrote in message

>> send

>> 'send

0
kmitchell (2)

Multiple recipient update services
We have a single domain environment with 7 sites, a DC in each site which is also a GC. All servers are server 2003 I have just installed Exchange 2003 with sp2 into our head office site onto a server 2003 member server. I want to configure Multiple recipient update services as per this technote http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=294792 When i go to finish adding in a new server i get this error: 'before createing a recipient update service a member of the domain admins security group in the chosen domain must run Exchange svr setup with the /domainprep command.' Does this me...

Outlook 2007 Some attachments require being saved before open
We have a situation where attachments sent by one department have to be saved to the hard drive before they can be opened when opening using Web Access. Most of the time these are Word documents. I was able to open the document fine when I sent the same document via gmail but when sent from my Outlook account, I am required to save it to the hard drive first. Many of our staff share computers so they 1) have to use Web Access to read their email and 2) do not want to have to save attachments before opening. ...

How to hide multiple recipients to recipients but not showing "Undisclosed recipients"
I have a situation where our marketing department needs to send mail to several of our customers - no big deal, right. Well ok.. they need to receive the mail as if it was sent to each one of them separatelly. So it must not say "Undisclosed recipients" - which is what happens if we put recipients into bcc. Is there a non-script way to do this through Outlook or is there any kind of setting in exchange that I need to change? Thanks for your help. D. --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for fr...

attachments #125
Is there a way to select who would receive emails with the attachments and who would receive the email without the attachment without having to send the email twice? Maybe an add on or something? No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM You can access this newsgroup by visiting http://www.microsoft.c...

Attachments in data migration
Has anybody successfully migrated attachments from another system like ACT into MS CRM? Is there a tool out there that can do this or is it a totally manual process? Thanks, John Scribe Insight for Microsoft CRM provides this facility. It works www.scribesoft.com "John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:366b01c4aae5$f3660a40$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Has anybody successfully migrated attachments from another > system like ACT into MS CRM? Is there a tool out there > that can do this or is it a totally manual process? > > Thanks, >...

unable to open internet mail attachment when computer is offline
when i try to open internet mails with attachment windows xp generates error and it closes the inbox this behaviour occurs when my computer is plugged off the network, when my system is back on network i can open mail attachments without any pbm.Internet mails configured in outlookXP ...

Unkown Recipient
I am new to Exchange so I need some help. One of my users was recieving email but now is not. I get this type of reply: The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: ... I created a new account and I get the same thing. I seem to be missing something. The user exists and the account is active. I am using NT 4.0 with Exchange 5.5. Thanks for your assistance. Bruce Browning Bruce Browning wrote: > I am new to Exchange so I need some help. One of my users > was recieving email but now is not. I get this type of > reply: > > The recipient na...

Applying recipient policies
I'm posting this from an earlier thread that I think got lost in the shuffle "Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote: > On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 14:45:04 -0700, Equilar Tech > <techinfo@equilar.com.(donotspam)> wrote: > > >Does anyone know if it is possible to configure Exchange Server 2003 Standard > >Edition to delete any emails in a mailbox (not just in the Deleted Items > >folder, but also in any other folder) if it's older than X days. My company > >would like to implement a policy where we delete all emails older than 90 > >days,...

Creating EMAIL Message -- Font is blurry to recipient
Once I send an email that I create in publisher the text appears blurry to the recipeint. Any one have any ideas how I can eliminate this problem I am using Verdan 8pt font and i have converted it to a web publication. Hi JV (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || Once I send an email that I create in publisher the text appears || blurry to the recipeint. Any one have any ideas how I can eliminate || this problem? || || I am using Verdan 8pt font and i have converted it to a web || publication. Is it blurry only to this particular recipient? What does it loo...

Moving attachments automatically to a file folder
Hi, Is there an easy way to configure Outlook 2000 to move attachments from certain messages automatically to a file folder. I mean a normal file folder in Windows, outside Exchange/Outlook environment. I would like to create an archive for attachments, and this archive would have to be accessible by several users, at the same time - so a .pst file is not a good option. It seems that I cannot use a rule or auto archive function to perform this, as they do not allow me to specify a target folder outside the Exchange environment. I do not have permissions to change the configuration o...

Outlook and Zip Files As Attachments
Dear All I am really puzzled by Outlook when I am trying to attach some zip files. I usually attach files by using the command button provided by Outlook to browse and attach the required file... The problem here is that I am not able to find zip files in Outlook's dialog box and because I cannot find them, I cannot attach them... But the strange thing is that sometimes, I have no problems at all... I am able to see the zip files and attach them... Does anyone have such experiences before...? If yes, how did you resolve the problem...? cheers When you are looking in the dial...

Force Recipient
I'm setting-up a training room with 8 PCs. I'd like all email sent by the students to always be sent to the instructor's email address, regardless of what email address the student uses. Is there a way to force Outlook 2002 to do this? Or, can it be done with Exchange? Thanks! Ted ...

This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's mailbox is full.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C648E9.FDEFAA40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable A user sent a small email to a large group of people and got the = following NDR:=20 This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's = mailbox is full. Create a shorter message body or remove attachments and = try sending it again. <server name #5.2.3> The email is well under the size limits - both SMTP and on the mailbox = stores. I thought that everyone whose mailbox...

Recipient Filtering
Hello Group, Here's a brain tickler. I am thinking of activating the "Filter recipients who are not in the Directory" option on the Recipient Filtering tab of the Message Delivery properties in Exchange 2003. Now my questions is, I know that it will only accept e-mails for addresses that it finds in the Directory. Does it also accept e-mails for additional e-mails addresses? If I have a user called Janet Jackson (which I do, unfortunately not the right one) with an e-mail address of janetjackson@music.com, but I also want to give her the address sexyjanet@music.com or j...

Recipient policies
Hi, I have added a new recipient policy, and added some alternate addresses. %g%s@domain.com, etc. I used all users with mailboxes as the filter and applied the policy. None of the users have recieved the new addresses. Any ideas ? What version & SP Exchange? Did you test the LDAP query when you set it up in the recpient policy? Did this return a set of results? How long have you waited for addresses to appear? How many recipient policies do you have set? Is the new policy a higher priority or lower than default policy? D. "matt" <anonymous@discussions.microsof...

Recipient Policy Not Working #4
Running Exchange 2003 (SP2), recipient policy is not stamping email addresses on new mailboxes created (in User's AD properties, under email tab, there are no addresses (smtp, fax,etc). Any advice appreciated. You can generally get good event information by turning up the logging for MSExchangeAL on the server running RUS to Maximum. If that doesn't get you anywhere, have a read of this excellent 3 part guide on troubleshooting RUS by Bill Long. http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2004/07/07/175444.aspx Tony www.activedir.org "PCKC" wrote: > Running Exchange 2003 (...

Excel attachment in Outlook causing 2nd instance of Excel to open- help!
I just reinstalled ofc2003 on a win xp system and now for some reason when I open an excel attachment in outlook my computer opens a second instance of excel. (I already have excel open before clicking on the outlook attachment.) The only slightly different thing I have going on is that I have all my programs on an solid state drive on C and my data is on a conventional drive on drive E. Any ideas how to troubleshoot or fix this? (When this happens I get a message that Excel is already in use and do i want to cancel to open read-only.). Thanks, Chet Detect and repair from of...

Custom Recipients and Recipient containers?
Hello, I have two Exchange 5.5 questions. 1. Can you move mailboxes and Custom Recipients between Recipient containers? 2. If you have multiple Recipient Containers how do they get converted when you install ADC and Exchange 2000 or 2003? Ross "Rustom" <RogueRKM@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hello, I have two Exchange 5.5 questions. > >1. Can you move mailboxes and Custom Recipients between Recipient >containers? No. You can't move any directory object to a different container. >2. If you have multiple Recipient Containers how do they get converted when...

Red "recipient could not be resolved" messages.
Has anyone come across red "At least one recipient could not be resolved to a record in the system" warning messages on emails sent to/from CRM? Is this normal? Composing and sending an email via the CRM homepage.. Create an Activity.. Email, I have no problems. Composing and sending an email to the same user via the "CRM Email" button in Outlook, however, differs. The recipient receives the email, but addresses other than the recipient are displayed in red username@domain format, not the normal blue Last Name, First Name account format. The "recipient coul...

Multiple recipient policies
My Exchange 2003 hosts two email domains, domain1.org and domain2.net. Domain1.org has about 20 users and domain2.net has about 5. My Recpient Default Policy has both domains listed there, but domain1.org is the default. I just manually set the 5 domain2.net users to their proper default addresses. However, I found a couple weeks later that their emails addresses had all reverted. I imagine that the policy re-propagated itself and overwrote my manual adjustments. I have a feeling i am not doing this the proper way. What should I do in this two-domain scenario? Hello Tim, Thank you for pos...

email recipients
Hi I am trying to understand why I am now unable to delete an email recipient from a drop down list that appears when you are typing the first couple of letters of a name in the TO box e.g. duplicate first names David Hill David Judd I have in the past deleted by right clicking on the name and delete. Outlook 2002 office XP SP2, windows 2000 pro sp3. Second to this I have another user that is unable to receive the auto list even with it enabled. Any help appreciated. Grant Do you arrow down to the name and press delete? If you are and it does not work, then it sounds like your nk...

Recipies of South INDIA
Do you want to know to how to make mouthwatering,spicy foods? If you want to know how to make delicious South Indian foods please visit http://recipesoftamilnadu.blogspot.com/ What in god’s name does Excel have to do with “Recipies of South INDIA”? Please use this board to learn and ask sensible questions, DO NOT POST JUNK HERE!!!!!! "Santhosh" wrote: > Do you want to know to how to make mouthwatering,spicy foods? > > > If you want to know how to make delicious South Indian foods please > visit > > http://recipesoftamilnadu.blogspot.com/ &g...

Automatically attaching a business card to your messages
I want Outlook to automatically attach a business card without putting the business card in the signature line of my emails. I have it set up in my signature line now, but I have to delete the picture of the business card each time I send an email. Is there a way that Outlook will automatically attach it without including a picture in your signature line? Please help! Darlene ...

Sales Literature as attachments
Why can't you select attachments for emails from the Sales Literature? Hi, I assume that you would like to attach the attachment in a sales literature to an email. If this is your question, i fear that it cant be done in Dx CRM. Cause Sales literature is an entity and you can attach entities as attachments. May be you can have a button on the email which on clicked will trigger a custom code which in turn will let you the option to select a sales literature. Once you have slected the sales literaure and clicked on the attach button, the custom code will attach the email with the a...

Outlook Mailbox Rules Cause Deleted Email Attachments!!!!!
We are having a major issue as a result of installing the Exchange Router and creating the mailbox rules that forward a copy of the email message to the Microsoft CRM Router. Some interesting facts: * This problem did not start occurring until we installed the Exchange Router * We can consistently duplicate this problem with all of our CRM users, but there is not problem with other users in our organization who are not exchange users * I am a CRM user but I do not have the mailbox rules installed, and the problem is NOT occurring for me We had our infrastructure team do some more resear...