receiving mail problem

I am on a network running Microsoft Backoffice (I think) and XP Professional
on our workstations.  Last week we statred rejecting or bouncing incoming
emaild from certain addresses.  They faxed us the message which says "this
message was rejected due to the current administrative policy by the
destination server."

We have not changed any settings or done anything different.  Any help would
be appreciated.  Thanks.

0
stew1 (1)

> I am on a network running Microsoft Backoffice (I think) and XP
> Professional on our workstations.  Last week we statred rejecting or
> bouncing incoming emaild from certain addresses.  They faxed us the
> message which says "this message was rejected due to the current
> administrative policy by the destination server."
>
> We have not changed any settings or done anything different.  Any help
> would be appreciated.  Thanks.

You may want to talk to the person who set up your server software, as they'll
be more trained in Exchange administration to figure out what the problem
is.

Regardless, it's not an Outlook issue.  It may be at your ISP level, it may
be at the server level, but it's not an Outlook problem.

--
f.h.
Microsoft Outlook MVP

0
f.h.muffman (751)

Pictures Received Are Garbled
Hi, I have been receiving emails with pictures from certain people, but the pictures are shown as text. As if I had opened a jpeg with a text editor. Not all pictures come in this way, only in emails from certain people. How do I (or they) make it stop? Marebear wrote: > Hi, > > I have been receiving emails with pictures from certain people, but the > pictures are shown as text. As if I had opened a jpeg with a text editor. > Not all pictures come in this way, only in emails from certain people. > > How do I (or they) make it stop? Anti-...

Pivot Table problem
hi I have one doubt. I have Month & week date as asingle dimension. Week date is the child of Month. using a macro can i unselect the all the weekdate whose year is 2003 ? below is the current set up MONTH WEEKDATE AMT JUNE 01/06/2003 23 06/06/2004 56 11/06/2003 91 11/06/2004 78 JULY 01/07/2003 23 06/07/2004 34 11/07...

Problems with distribution groups in Exchange 2003
I have a small business server 2003 with SP1 for both windows and exchange server installed. It recieves mail for two domains. cleevelink.co.uk and cleevehillnursing.co.uk. There are two distribution groups setup both called info one for each domain. The problem occurs when mail is sent to info@cleevehillnursing.co.uk it is routed to the correct members, however mail sent to info@cleevelink.co.uk is routed to the members of cleevehillnursing.co.uk not the cleevlink.co.uk Any thoughts greatly recieved. On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 08:05:02 -0800, "Kevin Cook" <KevinCook@discussio...

How to highlight the mail was sent by bcc
How to highlight the mail was sent by bcc? anyway is acceptable, ex: move them into a special folder, or make the mail up a color, or add a flag with is .....etc. Please share a way to do management of bcc mail. Thanks kuotaiyi wrote: > How to highlight the mail was sent by bcc? > > anyway is acceptable, ex: move them into a special folder, or make > the mail up a color, or add a flag with is .....etc. > > Please share a way to do management of bcc mail. Out of curiousity, do you mean highlight it to the person receiving the email or highlight to the person sending ...

Cannot open Windows mail 02-28-10
I have been running IE8 vista on my Dell xps 630i using CA anti virus, the problem is every now and again when i click on the Windows mail icon i get a message telling me that there is another instance of mail running shut it down and reboot, I have done this I also have done the clean boot but it keeps happening, any suggestions? It is not a Windows Mail problem. You need to figure out what program is doing that to it "pcjones" <pcjones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:287C4A5C-85C6-4C29-A9A9-6EF9ADD79BC1@microsoft.com... >I have been ru...

Mail Merge #2
In Publisher 2002 is it possible to print a roster of Mail Merge data base records showing multiple entries per page? I'm essentially looking to print a phone book type list with Able, Ann (222) 222-2222 on the first line, Brown, Bob (333) 333-3333 on the second line and so on. Any help would be appreciated. Not difficult at all if you make a custom size small in height label the width of the page. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantanamo Bay. ...

Outlook 2003: Mail "Favorite Folders" changes lost after quitting / restarting
I'm using Office Outlook 2003 on Win XP. Can somebody please help me fix this problem? A few days back I realized I could customize the Favorite Folders area on the Mail navigation pane. So I removed a couple folders and added a couple, it life was good for a few days -- Outlook remembered my changes from session to session. Starting yesterday, however, Outlook forgot my changes and has reverted back to its original list of Favorite Folders. Also now, when I add / delete Favorite Folders, it remembers them only until I quit Outlook. When I restart it after quitting, the Fav...

password protect mail box?
is it possible to password protect an exchange 2003 mail box? All Exchange mailboxes are password protected. -- Ed Crowley Celebrating a decade of Exchange peer support "bill" <bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:185139E2-6838-414B-BE94-2B7311278D8A@microsoft.com... > is it possible to password protect an exchange 2003 mail box? On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 15:44:02 -0700, "bill" <bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >is it possible to password protect an exchange 2003 mail box? Isnt this mailbox associated with an AD account already?...

Problem with serial receive
I have a receive thread for a serial com port. I'm calling WaitCommEvent with an overlapped structure to get events. The event mask is EV_BREAK | EV_RXCHAR | EV_ERR. I also have an overlapped read operation to get receive input. Both events are setup with auto-reset. The port works fine until I get an error. When an error occurs on the receive line the read event is signaled and the call to GetOverlappedResult returns 995 Operation Aborted (the thread has not exited). I then get a WaitCommEvent signal. I call ClearCommError() which returns a CE_RXPARITY error. I thought ClearComm...

Cant send or receive emails
I've done something to my settings, and cannot send or receive emails. Can anyone tell me what to do? And I'm not a newby either, shame shame! thanks. Kari Error message? Version of Outlook? Type of mail account? Checked your mail account settings already? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Kari Jacob" <jacob52@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:549201c49180$ec8cfa40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I've done something to my...

Problem calculating Days/Hours etc between 2 dates
I want to calculate how many Days/Hours/Minutes/Seconds between Now and a future date eg how many Days/Hours/Minutes/Seconds between Now and 08:25 on 9th September 2005 I have used the formula below =(INT(B7-TODAY())-(MOD(B7,1)-MOD(NOW(),1)<0))&" Days "&TEXT(MOD(B7-NOW(),1),"hh")&" Hours "&TEXT(MOD(D6-NOW(),1),"mm") &" Minutes "&TEXT(MOD(D6-NOW(),1),"ss") &" Seconds " This returns the result 32 Days 14 Hours 01 Minutes 58 Seconds , which is wrong as there are 34 Days until 9th September, ...

Receive email in real-time
We have several PCs in our company that are receiving Exchange email messages in real-time, whereas others have to click Send/Receive within MS Outlook to receive their email. How do I setup Exchange where all users can receive their email instantaneously on any machine in the organization onto which they logon. Thanks in advance, Mervin Williams Hi, You can't configure Exchange to not deliver emails instantly to Outlook users. This is an Outlook setting and will have to be configured here. Leif "Mervin Williams" <mwilliams@innovasolutions.net> skrev i en meddelel...

strange problem with ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI handler
Hi all.. I programmed an application that has a dialog containing a tree ctrl. On that tree ctrl I'm showing a popup menu when user right clicks on it. The problem I'm having is concerning enabling and graying of popup menu items. I have this in BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP: ON_COMMAND(IDM_NUEVO_PRODUCTO_CONSOLA, OnNuevoProductoConsola) ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI(IDM_NUEVO_PRODUCTO_CONSOLA, OnUpdateNuevoProductoConsola) The first strange thing is that OnUpdateNuevoProductoConsola handler is being called when I click on the item, and not when the item is shown Another strange thing, is that if I g...

Send & Receive button doesn't work
I installed Office XP and the SP3 service pack. I can't get the "send and recieve" button to work in MS Outlook. Everytime I click it I get a error message "The operation failed. An object could not be found." I tried proposed resolution in from MS knowledge base article 312354 but it didn't fix the problem. Any suggestions on the fix? i'd follow the procedure for creating a new profile again first. if that fails, try a repair operation. "Tom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0b0d01c425ad$17305570$a401280a@...

new mail, automatically email adres
Hello, I use outlook 2002, also 2003 on several pc's When i send new mail, automatically when i type the first letters of the recipient, the email adres is visible? Can i delete this list or put it off? Thank you, Uncheck the "Suggest names when completing the To, CC and BCC fields" box here: Tools menu > Options > Email > Advanced Email Options "wvdp" <wavdp@belgacom.net> wrote in message news:%23eAANoXqFHA.3524@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I use outlook 2002, also 2003 on several pc's > When i send new mail, automatica...

Pre-formatted E-mails for Attachments
We're using Outlook 2003. If a user is in My Documents, right clicks on a Word Document (for instance), chooses Send To, E-Mail, a preformatted E-mail appears on the screen. Is there anyway we can change the Template for that E-mail? TIA, JohnK John F Kappler, you wrote on Mon, 20 Feb 2006 17:10:44 GMT: > We're using Outlook 2003. > > If a user is in My Documents, right clicks on a Word Document (for > instance), chooses Send To, E-Mail, a preformatted E-mail appears on > the screen. > > Is there anyway we can change the Template for that E-mail? You can...

Received Not Invoiced not = GL(205000-000-000 Received Not Invoic
I am working on some questions for an audit, and was asked why when we run an RNI report [Reports>Purchasing>Analysis>Received/Not Invoiced] for a specific date range, it doesn't match the [Summary Inquiry] numbers. Shouldn't you be able to run a report that selects the RNI from the POP tables for a specified date range and the GL20000 (acct code 20500-000-000) for the same date range and come up with the same result. I figured out the answer, never mind! "Rich" wrote: > I am working on some questions for an audit, and was asked why when we run an > RN...

Downloading mail issues
Greetings all, I have a couple of machines connected to a Domain and they are not using PST files, so all their mail resides on the server. When they open outlook, they can see the messages, but when they try to open them, it seems to either take forever for the message to open or it causes outlook to give the "Not Responding" message. I am reloading Outlook as I cannot think of anything else to do, but wanted to know if anyone encountered this before and if so, is there a solution to this. They were initially using Cache Exchange but we have since turned that off. I als...

Send/Receive Operation Failed
Hey Folks, Symptom: I was receiving an "Operation Failed" message when pressing the Send/Receive button. Background: I tried the trial of Office 2003, reverted back to Office XP. After re-install of Office XP, Outlook resumed all previous settings, however the Send/Receive function was inoperative. Fix: After some searching and experimenting, the solution was found in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 284312. After shutting Outlook down, finding the Outlook file with the extension *.srs, renaming it to *.old, and restarting Outlook, the Send/Receive function resumed n...

Mail Merge Publications as E-mails in Publishher 2003
I don't know what I'm missing but I'm sure someone can set me straight. 1) I want to send a Publisher e-mail template to people in my Outlook contacts. I'm familiar with mail merging in Word. 2) When I go through the mail merging process in Publisher, I see no option to actually send it as an e-mail. 3) I end up with a merge that has individual publications but no option to send these as e-mails. 4) If I do a similiar process in Word, at some point after I select that I want an e-mail, I get an option following through with the e-mail procedure. 5) I have read several post...

email stuck in outbox: receiving error message
My emails are stuck in my outbox. They do send to the recepient, but never switch over to my sent box. Go to the 'Tools' menu, then options. In the first / 'Preferences' window that appears (tab shown at the top) click on 'E-mail Options'. Make sure there's a check mark in the box that says 'Save copies of messages in Sent Items folder'. If this is already done, you might want to note the exact text of the error message and do a search in the Microsoft Knowledge Base. >-----Original Message----- >My emails are stuck in my outbox. They do s...

After almost 3 years problem w/ money2005
Please help. I have used Money Small Business 2005 for about 3 years. I download my financial information manually from my bank sucessfully until this week. I opened Money and in the reminders section of the home page it says I have 2 statements to read. I clicked on that and it shows 35 transactions in one checking account and 26 in the other. When I click on either account my register shows up minus the newly downloaded transactions. Has any one else had this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it? Thank you, -- karensuniquedesigns ...

Forwarding mail received from a receive-only account to a send/receive account
I am trying to setup Outlook 2002 (SP3) to pop mail from one of my accounts. This account (Account1)is receive-only, that is in the Send/Receive group settings I have setup the account to "Receive mail items" but not to "Send mail items". I have existing rules that forward mail that I get from certain people, and I have another account (Account2) which I have setup to send and receive. However, when I receive mail from Account1 that matches the rules, the mail gets forwarded(sent) using Account1 even though the Send/Receive group settings say the account is receive-only. ...

Mircosoft Web Outlook having problems reading my mail
I am having trouble accessing my e-mail through Mirco-Soft Exchange Web Outlook ...