Receiving Duplicated E-mails - How do I stop it???

I recently switched computers and also upgraded to
Outlook 2002.  Unfortunatly my e-mails now seem to remain
on the server indefinitly. I've checked my "Tools,
Options, E-Mail Accounts, Advanced" settings and "Leave
Copy of Message on Server" is NOT checked off.  Is there
some other place where I have to tell it to "Delete E-
mail from Server upon Receipt"???  (This is getting
annoying, I'm now receiving 60 e-mails a day, 40 of which
are ones I've read before).
0
anonymous (74718)

I have a customer who uses AT&T as one of their providers, and has an e-mail account that has this kind of problem

Their symptoms are
Download of messages begins OK, but get an error message relating to timeout prior to completion.
They don't get ALL the e-mail on the server
Help desk says there is an error in one of the e-mails causing this problem, they have on-line help on how to delete th
error message, then download again
After deleting the message causing the hang, all messages are downloaded, and the server deletes all queued messages

The help desk suggested this customer contact the individual sending the error message, and request they refrain from doing this
This customer asked how to ID the sender, since they only knew the number of the message that was hanging, and had to delete it prior to receiving it, thus had no idea how to contact the sender.  We are still waiting for a reply as to
how to id the sender

HTH - the only way to know for sure is that each time you try to download, you get the same number of messages, then the error message.  Sorry, I don't remember what it was, but the next time this customer gets it, I will recognize it

Good luck
rob

Duplicate contacts and accounts
Hello We are currently running CRM v1.0 and Sales for Outlook with Outlook XP and was wondering how, if possible, to be notified if duplicate accounts or contacts have been added. I haven't found any info on this but a search on Google found what appears to be a lot of utilities that will do the checking. So I take it CRM doesn't have anything built in to do this? Thanks in advance Mike There is nothing out of box that support this function. The good news is that SDK has a sample app that deals with this. Link: http://www.workopia.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi? ubb=get_to...

deleting duplicate fields
I have a mailing list in excell worksheet. I want to mail only one letter to household. however, ther are sometimes 3 different names at same address. How can I filter out and delete duplicate addresses. example. jane smith 123 south street anytown, usa john smith 123 south street anytown, usa deb smith 123 south street anytown, usa john smith 566 different street anytown, usa Elaine Suggest you go to Data>Filter>Advanced Filter. "Copy to another location" and "Unique records only" Filter on the number and street name to get jane smith 123 ...

E-Mailing Information
All - I have a form that is used to select Sub-Contractors. The "Select" box is not bound to any field on the form. When the user has finished making their selections, they click a button to generate the email. What I've been using is the EMailToPDF module, which works great. The question I have is...is there a way to take the results of the report I'm emailing (or recordset) and put that information in the email body...Let me make the stipulation that I don't want to send an individual email to each record or I don't want to attach the report. I only wan...

How to highlight the mail was sent by bcc
How to highlight the mail was sent by bcc? anyway is acceptable, ex: move them into a special folder, or make the mail up a color, or add a flag with is .....etc. Please share a way to do management of bcc mail. Thanks kuotaiyi wrote: > How to highlight the mail was sent by bcc? > > anyway is acceptable, ex: move them into a special folder, or make > the mail up a color, or add a flag with is .....etc. > > Please share a way to do management of bcc mail. Out of curiousity, do you mean highlight it to the person receiving the email or highlight to the person sending ...

Pictures Received Are Garbled
Hi, I have been receiving emails with pictures from certain people, but the pictures are shown as text. As if I had opened a jpeg with a text editor. Not all pictures come in this way, only in emails from certain people. How do I (or they) make it stop? Marebear wrote: > Hi, > > I have been receiving emails with pictures from certain people, but the > pictures are shown as text. As if I had opened a jpeg with a text editor. > Not all pictures come in this way, only in emails from certain people. > > How do I (or they) make it stop? Anti-...

password protect mail box?
is it possible to password protect an exchange 2003 mail box? All Exchange mailboxes are password protected. -- Ed Crowley Celebrating a decade of Exchange peer support "bill" <bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:185139E2-6838-414B-BE94-2B7311278D8A@microsoft.com... > is it possible to password protect an exchange 2003 mail box? On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 15:44:02 -0700, "bill" <bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >is it possible to password protect an exchange 2003 mail box? Isnt this mailbox associated with an AD account already?...

Problem with serial receive
I have a receive thread for a serial com port. I'm calling WaitCommEvent with an overlapped structure to get events. The event mask is EV_BREAK | EV_RXCHAR | EV_ERR. I also have an overlapped read operation to get receive input. Both events are setup with auto-reset. The port works fine until I get an error. When an error occurs on the receive line the read event is signaled and the call to GetOverlappedResult returns 995 Operation Aborted (the thread has not exited). I then get a WaitCommEvent signal. I call ClearCommError() which returns a CE_RXPARITY error. I thought ClearComm...

Cant send or receive emails
I've done something to my settings, and cannot send or receive emails. Can anyone tell me what to do? And I'm not a newby either, shame shame! thanks. Kari Error message? Version of Outlook? Type of mail account? Checked your mail account settings already? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Kari Jacob" <jacob52@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:549201c49180$ec8cfa40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I've done something to my...

E-mail router 09-17-04
How does the Exchange E-mail router determine if a message is meant to go to the CRM queue. Part of the email configuration is setting an advanced Exchange attribute for the user (CRMEmailEnabled). This let's the router to know to route message trafiic to CRM. Then the email address is used to determine which Queue to send the messages. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 04:49:11 -0700, "walepop@hotmail.com" <walepophotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: How does t...

Receive email in real-time
We have several PCs in our company that are receiving Exchange email messages in real-time, whereas others have to click Send/Receive within MS Outlook to receive their email. How do I setup Exchange where all users can receive their email instantaneously on any machine in the organization onto which they logon. Thanks in advance, Mervin Williams Hi, You can't configure Exchange to not deliver emails instantly to Outlook users. This is an Outlook setting and will have to be configured here. Leif "Mervin Williams" <mwilliams@innovasolutions.net> skrev i en meddelel...

new mail, automatically email adres
Hello, I use outlook 2002, also 2003 on several pc's When i send new mail, automatically when i type the first letters of the recipient, the email adres is visible? Can i delete this list or put it off? Thank you, Uncheck the "Suggest names when completing the To, CC and BCC fields" box here: Tools menu > Options > Email > Advanced Email Options "wvdp" <wavdp@belgacom.net> wrote in message news:%23eAANoXqFHA.3524@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I use outlook 2002, also 2003 on several pc's > When i send new mail, automatica...

CRM 3.0 need workflow example for duplicate detection
If you have a sample of how to write a workflow to detect duplicates based on If email address matches, deactivate one of the multiple records could you please share it with me? Greatly appreciated! -- Thank you, scrowley(AT)littleonline.com I would recommend that you look into pre-callout for this task instead of workflow. Workflow is a asyn process, have you consider which record to deactivate when a duplicate record is identifier? If it's a duplicate, why create the record in the first place. Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe Horwath http://www.crowecrm.com On Jan 13, 9:11=A0...

Duplicate Contacts?
Recently I discovered, in order to use the reminder function on the calendar, I had to be signed in to Windows Live Mail. Previously I had not been signing in when using WLM. So I went ahead and signed in, and now I am automatically signed in when I launch WLM. Since doing so however, I now have duplicates for all my contacts in my contacts folder. Is there a reason for this? I am using WLM build 14.0.8117.0416 -- Don The sign in is to Live services, not to WLM. Signing in syncs the contacts with the online contacts. Signing in does not cause contacts to be im...

Send & Receive button doesn't work
I installed Office XP and the SP3 service pack. I can't get the "send and recieve" button to work in MS Outlook. Everytime I click it I get a error message "The operation failed. An object could not be found." I tried proposed resolution in from MS knowledge base article 312354 but it didn't fix the problem. Any suggestions on the fix? i'd follow the procedure for creating a new profile again first. if that fails, try a repair operation. "Tom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0b0d01c425ad$17305570$a401280a@...

Received Not Invoiced not = GL(205000-000-000 Received Not Invoic
I am working on some questions for an audit, and was asked why when we run an RNI report [Reports>Purchasing>Analysis>Received/Not Invoiced] for a specific date range, it doesn't match the [Summary Inquiry] numbers. Shouldn't you be able to run a report that selects the RNI from the POP tables for a specified date range and the GL20000 (acct code 20500-000-000) for the same date range and come up with the same result. I figured out the answer, never mind! "Rich" wrote: > I am working on some questions for an audit, and was asked why when we run an > RN...

Pre-formatted E-mails for Attachments
We're using Outlook 2003. If a user is in My Documents, right clicks on a Word Document (for instance), chooses Send To, E-Mail, a preformatted E-mail appears on the screen. Is there anyway we can change the Template for that E-mail? TIA, JohnK John F Kappler, you wrote on Mon, 20 Feb 2006 17:10:44 GMT: > We're using Outlook 2003. > > If a user is in My Documents, right clicks on a Word Document (for > instance), chooses Send To, E-Mail, a preformatted E-mail appears on > the screen. > > Is there anyway we can change the Template for that E-mail? You can...

IE 8 stops getting started on my indows Vista
All the sudden (maybe after some incorrect clicking of some unknow prompt..), I cann't start IE any more on my Vista. I open Task manager, and Application tab doesn't have IE while Process tab does. I used my other computer (XP) to download IE 8 and the tried to reinsyall on my Vista, it compalins that the version being installed is older than the one on my Vista. In another word, i couldn't even restore it. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance! "Frank Wu" <FrankWu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6191D08-11BD-4BAC-8D7E-56E...

Send/Receive Operation Failed
Hey Folks, Symptom: I was receiving an "Operation Failed" message when pressing the Send/Receive button. Background: I tried the trial of Office 2003, reverted back to Office XP. After re-install of Office XP, Outlook resumed all previous settings, however the Send/Receive function was inoperative. Fix: After some searching and experimenting, the solution was found in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 284312. After shutting Outlook down, finding the Outlook file with the extension *.srs, renaming it to *.old, and restarting Outlook, the Send/Receive function resumed n...

Office stopped working after the auto-update a few months ago
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Microsoft Office stopped working after it ran an auto-update a few months ago. Now, when I open any of the Office apps, I get an error message like this: &quot;Check with the developer to make sure Microsoft Word works with this version of Mac OS X. You may need to reinstall the application. Be sure to install any available updates for the application and Mac OS X.&quot; <br><br>There are no available updates for Mac OS X or Office that I am aware of�when I run the Software Update it doesn&#...

email stuck in outbox: receiving error message
My emails are stuck in my outbox. They do send to the recepient, but never switch over to my sent box. Go to the 'Tools' menu, then options. In the first / 'Preferences' window that appears (tab shown at the top) click on 'E-mail Options'. Make sure there's a check mark in the box that says 'Save copies of messages in Sent Items folder'. If this is already done, you might want to note the exact text of the error message and do a search in the Microsoft Knowledge Base. >-----Original Message----- >My emails are stuck in my outbox. They do s...

Mail Merge Publications as E-mails in Publishher 2003
I don't know what I'm missing but I'm sure someone can set me straight. 1) I want to send a Publisher e-mail template to people in my Outlook contacts. I'm familiar with mail merging in Word. 2) When I go through the mail merging process in Publisher, I see no option to actually send it as an e-mail. 3) I end up with a merge that has individual publications but no option to send these as e-mails. 4) If I do a similiar process in Word, at some point after I select that I want an e-mail, I get an option following through with the e-mail procedure. 5) I have read several post...

Mircosoft Web Outlook having problems reading my mail
I am having trouble accessing my e-mail through Mirco-Soft Exchange Web Outlook ...

Forwarding mail received from a receive-only account to a send/receive account
I am trying to setup Outlook 2002 (SP3) to pop mail from one of my accounts. This account (Account1)is receive-only, that is in the Send/Receive group settings I have setup the account to "Receive mail items" but not to "Send mail items". I have existing rules that forward mail that I get from certain people, and I have another account (Account2) which I have setup to send and receive. However, when I receive mail from Account1 that matches the rules, the mail gets forwarded(sent) using Account1 even though the Send/Receive group settings say the account is receive-only. ...

Basing math on duplicate entries in a formula
Okay, what I want is semi complicated, but should be simple. I have two excel sheets, one has raw data on it, let's say its an inventory sheet with Widget A and Cog B, in column B, C & D has the QTY on hand let's say 50,000 each for the months of March, April and May respectively. In the 2nd sheet, my columns are: Customer, Order Date, Item ID, QTY Available, QTY Ordered, QTY remaining (for the month). Now, for the question: I've got half the formula written, it uses a VLOOKUP function to reference how many widgets or cogs are available for the month of th...