Receiving duplicate emails

I have just recently created my email account in
Microsoft Outlook and now when I receive email I get the
same one 15 times (and that is no stretch!) Is there
something I have done wrong? How do I fix this?!
Thanks
0
cadelaney (1)

What version of Outlook do you have?  What sort of mail account(s)?  Do you
only get a single  message many times, or all the messages many times?

--
Jeff Stephenson
Outlook Development

"Carrie" <cadelaney@rogers.com> wrote in message
> I have just recently created my email account in
> Microsoft Outlook and now when I receive email I get the
> same one 15 times (and that is no stretch!) Is there
> something I have done wrong? How do I fix this?!
> Thanks

0
stephenson (1245)

Email groups some working some not
I've upgrade from 5.5 to 2003 - now running native mode. Emails groups working fine for months now most but not all work. Can not see a pattern to which work and which don't. It isn't the incorrect setting of the expansion server (checked that). There is no logging trail - the emails just go to the ether. With no faults being reported I've no idea how to go about a fix. On 18 Jun 2006 21:30:54 -0700, imscott@bigpond.net.au wrote: >I've upgrade from 5.5 to 2003 - now running native mode. Emails groups >working fine for months now most but not all work. Can not see a...

Default account when replying to certain email address
I experienced a problem last evening that is really confusing me. I emailed a friend I had not corresponded with in some time. Outlook 2003 is refusing to use my default email account when replying to this one email address. I have five different email accounts set up for particular purposes, and xyz@kirtland.com (example) is set as default. Nearly everything I send uses this address unless I specifically tell Outlook to do otherwise. When I send email to one particular person, Outlook insists in using an alternate account to send, regardless of telling it otherwise. I'm out of i...

Duplicate contacts and accounts
Hello We are currently running CRM v1.0 and Sales for Outlook with Outlook XP and was wondering how, if possible, to be notified if duplicate accounts or contacts have been added. I haven't found any info on this but a search on Google found what appears to be a lot of utilities that will do the checking. So I take it CRM doesn't have anything built in to do this? Thanks in advance Mike There is nothing out of box that support this function. The good news is that SDK has a sample app that deals with this. Link: http://www.workopia.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi? ubb=get_to...

Delayed Email Reception
Hello. I have a client who is using SBS 2008 Standard. On several occasions in the last week or so he has called to complain that he is receiving some email messages one day after they had originally been sent. Other mail is not coming in at all. There was a recent issue where he had his client on the phone while said client attempted to re-send the mystery mail message. He is receiving mail for the most part. However, there are times when mail does not arrive, or it arrives a day after it had been sent. Thank you Mail Client = Microsoft Outlook -- Osteele --------------...

deleting duplicate fields
I have a mailing list in excell worksheet. I want to mail only one letter to household. however, ther are sometimes 3 different names at same address. How can I filter out and delete duplicate addresses. example. jane smith 123 south street anytown, usa john smith 123 south street anytown, usa deb smith 123 south street anytown, usa john smith 566 different street anytown, usa Elaine Suggest you go to Data>Filter>Advanced Filter. "Copy to another location" and "Unique records only" Filter on the number and street name to get jane smith 123 ...

For Follow Up folder emails not showing
Hi - for whatever reason, my 'For Follow-up' folder is showing the numeric number of emails I've flagged to follow-up. However, when I click on the folder, no emails are shown. Has anyone encounted this problem before? Please help. What view do you have set on the folder? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Daniel W asked: | Hi - for what...

Emailing Newsletters
I would like to find out how to email a four page newsletter to contacts in my database and have them be able to see all pages, not only the front page. Any help? Thanks ..pdf it. Works every time. If that isn't an option, visit http://www.mvps.org/publisher/sharing.html JoAnn "jc" <jcpagan@fir.com> wrote in message news:0bc201c3dc4c$fe7c4c90$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to find out how to email a four page > newsletter to contacts in my database and have them be > able to see all pages, not only the front page. > > Any help? > Thanks ...

Pictures Received Are Garbled
Hi, I have been receiving emails with pictures from certain people, but the pictures are shown as text. As if I had opened a jpeg with a text editor. Not all pictures come in this way, only in emails from certain people. How do I (or they) make it stop? Marebear wrote: > Hi, > > I have been receiving emails with pictures from certain people, but the > pictures are shown as text. As if I had opened a jpeg with a text editor. > Not all pictures come in this way, only in emails from certain people. > > How do I (or they) make it stop? Anti-...

New email moved in Deleted items folder
Hi, After we activated a rule to transfert new e-mail to another mailbox all new e-mail were automatically moved to the deleted items folder. We had used this rule before with no problem. I first deactivate the rule and e-mail are still going to deleted items. I've also tried to delete the rule but still have the problem. It's an Exchange 2007 user mailbox and we are using Outlook 2007 on client side. Line Open Outlook with the /cleanrules switch to deactivate all rules both client and server side. You may have rules in conflict. "LM" <LM@discussio...

Problem with serial receive
I have a receive thread for a serial com port. I'm calling WaitCommEvent with an overlapped structure to get events. The event mask is EV_BREAK | EV_RXCHAR | EV_ERR. I also have an overlapped read operation to get receive input. Both events are setup with auto-reset. The port works fine until I get an error. When an error occurs on the receive line the read event is signaled and the call to GetOverlappedResult returns 995 Operation Aborted (the thread has not exited). I then get a WaitCommEvent signal. I call ClearCommError() which returns a CE_RXPARITY error. I thought ClearComm...

How do I retrieve my Earthlink email through Outlook?
I recently downloaded Microsoft Office Professional 2003 onto my computer and set up my Outlook account through Earthlink. Everything checks out fine (no errors), but I can't retrieve my email through Outlook. BK <BK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I recently downloaded Microsoft Office Professional 2003 onto my > computer and set up my Outlook account through Earthlink. Everything > checks out fine (no errors), but I can't retrieve my email through > Outlook. Did you speak to Earthlink's support staff? -- Brian Tillman ...

Cant send or receive emails
I've done something to my settings, and cannot send or receive emails. Can anyone tell me what to do? And I'm not a newby either, shame shame! thanks. Kari Error message? Version of Outlook? Type of mail account? Checked your mail account settings already? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Kari Jacob" <jacob52@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:549201c49180$ec8cfa40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I've done something to my...

Emailed documents sent as Read-Only
When we email documents, the recipient receives them as "read-only". We do not set this maually on the document so how is it getting set? If we email it internally, users on the network can edit it, no problem. Thanks. compsosinc@gmail.com wrote: >When we email documents, the recipient receives them as "read-only". >We do not set this maually on the document so how is it getting set? My guess is that they're opening the attachment from the preview/reading pane of the client. Ask them to open the message and /then/ open the attachment. -- Rich Matheisen ...

Receive email in real-time
We have several PCs in our company that are receiving Exchange email messages in real-time, whereas others have to click Send/Receive within MS Outlook to receive their email. How do I setup Exchange where all users can receive their email instantaneously on any machine in the organization onto which they logon. Thanks in advance, Mervin Williams Hi, You can't configure Exchange to not deliver emails instantly to Outlook users. This is an Outlook setting and will have to be configured here. Leif "Mervin Williams" <mwilliams@innovasolutions.net> skrev i en meddelel...

email partial worksheet
How do you email just part of a excel 2002 worksheet? Example: you wan to only email 4 or 5 items from a 5 page worksheet in outlook -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi see http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm >-----Original Message----- >How do you email just part of a excel 2002 worksheet? Example: you want >to only email 4 or 5 items from a 5 page worksheet in outlook. > > >--- >Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > >. > ...

hidden pictures in email (Outlook2002)
Hi Getting some spam - when looking at the spam-email using my PPC (Dell Axim 3 connected to my PC and sync'ed (including emails)) I sometimes see on the PPC that the spam-email have an attachment which is not shown in Outlook on my PC when I open such a spam-email with the PPC the email is empty but a picture (with a lot of text) is attached 8-) why do Outlook on my PC not warn me about the attachment? can you tell me why it is done, what is the trick???? -- erik Denmark -- erik Denmark "erik" <fox44REMOVETHIS@c.dk> wrote in message news:%23OaOjXegGHA.357...

new mail, automatically email adres
Hello, I use outlook 2002, also 2003 on several pc's When i send new mail, automatically when i type the first letters of the recipient, the email adres is visible? Can i delete this list or put it off? Thank you, Uncheck the "Suggest names when completing the To, CC and BCC fields" box here: Tools menu > Options > Email > Advanced Email Options "wvdp" <wavdp@belgacom.net> wrote in message news:%23eAANoXqFHA.3524@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I use outlook 2002, also 2003 on several pc's > When i send new mail, automatica...

CRM 3.0 need workflow example for duplicate detection
If you have a sample of how to write a workflow to detect duplicates based on If email address matches, deactivate one of the multiple records could you please share it with me? Greatly appreciated! -- Thank you, scrowley(AT)littleonline.com I would recommend that you look into pre-callout for this task instead of workflow. Workflow is a asyn process, have you consider which record to deactivate when a duplicate record is identifier? If it's a duplicate, why create the record in the first place. Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe Horwath http://www.crowecrm.com On Jan 13, 9:11=A0...

Duplicate Contacts?
Recently I discovered, in order to use the reminder function on the calendar, I had to be signed in to Windows Live Mail. Previously I had not been signing in when using WLM. So I went ahead and signed in, and now I am automatically signed in when I launch WLM. Since doing so however, I now have duplicates for all my contacts in my contacts folder. Is there a reason for this? I am using WLM build 14.0.8117.0416 -- Don The sign in is to Live services, not to WLM. Signing in syncs the contacts with the online contacts. Signing in does not cause contacts to be im...

Send & Receive button doesn't work
I installed Office XP and the SP3 service pack. I can't get the "send and recieve" button to work in MS Outlook. Everytime I click it I get a error message "The operation failed. An object could not be found." I tried proposed resolution in from MS knowledge base article 312354 but it didn't fix the problem. Any suggestions on the fix? i'd follow the procedure for creating a new profile again first. if that fails, try a repair operation. "Tom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0b0d01c425ad$17305570$a401280a@...

2 Email addresses One Exchange and one IMAP
I am trying two use two email addresses one is on an exchange server, the other acount is on an IMAP server. I would go to "Tools" >> "Email acounts" but it is not there. Curentaly the Email acount on the exchange server is the only one setup Thanks for your time Chris In message <<D204664E-9F1C-4E72-B337-6C2C91CD719E@microsoft.com>> "Chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> did ramble: >I am trying two use two email addresses one is on an exchange server, the other acount is on an IMAP server. I would go to "Tools" >&...

Received Not Invoiced not = GL(205000-000-000 Received Not Invoic
I am working on some questions for an audit, and was asked why when we run an RNI report [Reports>Purchasing>Analysis>Received/Not Invoiced] for a specific date range, it doesn't match the [Summary Inquiry] numbers. Shouldn't you be able to run a report that selects the RNI from the POP tables for a specified date range and the GL20000 (acct code 20500-000-000) for the same date range and come up with the same result. I figured out the answer, never mind! "Rich" wrote: > I am working on some questions for an audit, and was asked why when we run an > RN...

Send/Receive Operation Failed
Hey Folks, Symptom: I was receiving an "Operation Failed" message when pressing the Send/Receive button. Background: I tried the trial of Office 2003, reverted back to Office XP. After re-install of Office XP, Outlook resumed all previous settings, however the Send/Receive function was inoperative. Fix: After some searching and experimenting, the solution was found in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 284312. After shutting Outlook down, finding the Outlook file with the extension *.srs, renaming it to *.old, and restarting Outlook, the Send/Receive function resumed n...

Cant send emails 06-04-10
I get the following message: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'free movies', Account: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E How do I fix it so I can get emails. ...