receiving and combining attachments

I am able to break up and combine email attachments to
receive large files in outlook express. but none of my
clients running outlook 2000 can combine the attachments
that I send. Is there a setting in outlook 2000 to solve
this so that they can combine my attachment that have been
broken apart and sent.  Thanks
0
maguai70 (1)

Pictures Received Are Garbled
Hi, I have been receiving emails with pictures from certain people, but the pictures are shown as text. As if I had opened a jpeg with a text editor. Not all pictures come in this way, only in emails from certain people. How do I (or they) make it stop? Marebear wrote: > Hi, > > I have been receiving emails with pictures from certain people, but the > pictures are shown as text. As if I had opened a jpeg with a text editor. > Not all pictures come in this way, only in emails from certain people. > > How do I (or they) make it stop? Anti-...

Problem with serial receive
I have a receive thread for a serial com port. I'm calling WaitCommEvent with an overlapped structure to get events. The event mask is EV_BREAK | EV_RXCHAR | EV_ERR. I also have an overlapped read operation to get receive input. Both events are setup with auto-reset. The port works fine until I get an error. When an error occurs on the receive line the read event is signaled and the call to GetOverlappedResult returns 995 Operation Aborted (the thread has not exited). I then get a WaitCommEvent signal. I call ClearCommError() which returns a CE_RXPARITY error. I thought ClearComm...

Cant send or receive emails
I've done something to my settings, and cannot send or receive emails. Can anyone tell me what to do? And I'm not a newby either, shame shame! thanks. Kari Error message? Version of Outlook? Type of mail account? Checked your mail account settings already? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Kari Jacob" <jacob52@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:549201c49180$ec8cfa40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I've done something to my...

Time stamp of attachments are 2 hours ahead
Hi there I have am Time stamp problem with E-mail Attachments. We have 2 pc with different OS WIN98nd and WIN2kprof. recently updated. MSOffice2k-prof SP3 installed. (german versions) When I open a E-mail with I can store the attachements with the function "store attachments " (translated from german) in the "File" menue. The time stamp in the properties of the stored file ist 2 hours ahead. When I use Drag and drop to store the file the timestamp ist correct. Anyone an Idea to solve this little problem? Thank you for your assistance. J. Richter ...

Receive email in real-time
We have several PCs in our company that are receiving Exchange email messages in real-time, whereas others have to click Send/Receive within MS Outlook to receive their email. How do I setup Exchange where all users can receive their email instantaneously on any machine in the organization onto which they logon. Thanks in advance, Mervin Williams Hi, You can't configure Exchange to not deliver emails instantly to Outlook users. This is an Outlook setting and will have to be configured here. Leif "Mervin Williams" <mwilliams@innovasolutions.net> skrev i en meddelel...

combinations #2
Hi all, I would like to generate all possible combinations (not permutations, so one combination of 6 out of the set abcdefg will also be aaaaab etc) of p out of n characters, n say from 3 to 8 and p from 3 to n. The character set could contain (in principle) any character that can be obtained by alt plus 0 plus 3 numbers of the numerical keyboard (alt 0233 = � etc.). The elements of each combination not to be separated by anything, so not (in this example 6 out of 6) a,b,b,c,a,f but abbcaf. Also not to be enclosed in parenthesis, single or double quotation marks etc. Just plain abbcaf et...

Pre-formatted E-mails for Attachments
We're using Outlook 2003. If a user is in My Documents, right clicks on a Word Document (for instance), chooses Send To, E-Mail, a preformatted E-mail appears on the screen. Is there anyway we can change the Template for that E-mail? TIA, JohnK John F Kappler, you wrote on Mon, 20 Feb 2006 17:10:44 GMT: > We're using Outlook 2003. > > If a user is in My Documents, right clicks on a Word Document (for > instance), chooses Send To, E-Mail, a preformatted E-mail appears on > the screen. > > Is there anyway we can change the Template for that E-mail? You can...

Received Not Invoiced not = GL(205000-000-000 Received Not Invoic
I am working on some questions for an audit, and was asked why when we run an RNI report [Reports>Purchasing>Analysis>Received/Not Invoiced] for a specific date range, it doesn't match the [Summary Inquiry] numbers. Shouldn't you be able to run a report that selects the RNI from the POP tables for a specified date range and the GL20000 (acct code 20500-000-000) for the same date range and come up with the same result. I figured out the answer, never mind! "Rich" wrote: > I am working on some questions for an audit, and was asked why when we run an > RN...

unintended attachments
Sometimes recipients of my emails tell me that my messages came with attachments that they cannot open.....when in fact i sent no attachments. Can anybody tell me how to fix this? Please try to be more specific with your questions - the crystal ball is having a well-deserved vacation. Outlook version is always appreciated as well as the exact error message or the name of the attachment. Are the attachments winmail.dat? If yes, you need to change your message type from Outlook Rich Text to Plain Text (preferable) or HTML (less preferable but still works.) --� Milly Staples [MVP - O...

Send & Receive button doesn't work
I installed Office XP and the SP3 service pack. I can't get the "send and recieve" button to work in MS Outlook. Everytime I click it I get a error message "The operation failed. An object could not be found." I tried proposed resolution in from MS knowledge base article 312354 but it didn't fix the problem. Any suggestions on the fix? i'd follow the procedure for creating a new profile again first. if that fails, try a repair operation. "Tom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0b0d01c425ad$17305570$a401280a@...

Can't open or save attachments from specific senders
Hi, I posted this earlier this week but it is not longer on the board . . . ? Using Outlook 2002 SP2: I have two users in an office that cannot open RTF attachemnts from a single particular outside sender. They can open RTF attachments from all other senders. I don't think the incoming attachments are corrupted or infected with a virus because . . . these two users can forward the message to other users in the office and those users can open the message and the RTF attachment just fine. This problem is showing up on few other (different) machines but the problem attachmen...

Send/Receive Operation Failed
Hey Folks, Symptom: I was receiving an "Operation Failed" message when pressing the Send/Receive button. Background: I tried the trial of Office 2003, reverted back to Office XP. After re-install of Office XP, Outlook resumed all previous settings, however the Send/Receive function was inoperative. Fix: After some searching and experimenting, the solution was found in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 284312. After shutting Outlook down, finding the Outlook file with the extension *.srs, renaming it to *.old, and restarting Outlook, the Send/Receive function resumed n...

email stuck in outbox: receiving error message
My emails are stuck in my outbox. They do send to the recepient, but never switch over to my sent box. Go to the 'Tools' menu, then options. In the first / 'Preferences' window that appears (tab shown at the top) click on 'E-mail Options'. Make sure there's a check mark in the box that says 'Save copies of messages in Sent Items folder'. If this is already done, you might want to note the exact text of the error message and do a search in the Microsoft Knowledge Base. >-----Original Message----- >My emails are stuck in my outbox. They do s...

combining data from separate sheets into one
Greetings I would be grateful if someone could start me off on a macro to combine data (size variable) from a number of sheets (number unknown) from a single file. The data will always start in the same cell, A6. Many thanks Yours Andrew j Fife Can you be a bit more specific on what exactly do you want to do? Do you want to, say, add the values of cell A6 in all sheets in A6 in a totals sheet, or something like this? Do you want to do this for a range of cells? Does your totals sheet have a specific name (so it can be excluded from the summation? Nikos Y. >-----Original Message...

Forwarding mail received from a receive-only account to a send/receive account
I am trying to setup Outlook 2002 (SP3) to pop mail from one of my accounts. This account (Account1)is receive-only, that is in the Send/Receive group settings I have setup the account to "Receive mail items" but not to "Send mail items". I have existing rules that forward mail that I get from certain people, and I have another account (Account2) which I have setup to send and receive. However, when I receive mail from Account1 that matches the rules, the mail gets forwarded(sent) using Account1 even though the Send/Receive group settings say the account is receive-only. ...

Outlook freeze when click on attachment message
I am using Outlook 2003, every time I click on a message that contains an attachment, the whole Outlook freezes. Then when I restart after that, the send/receive doesn't work. I have to restart the whole system to get Outlook working properly again, but if I click on a message with an attachment, same thing happens again. I've tried reinstalling and it works the first time I run Outlook then the same thing happens again. Can anyone shed some light on how I could fix it? Hi- I've had this problem for some time with Outlook 2002 and it developed after an update althou...

Sending and receiving
I can receive e-mail but cannot send. I've checked my settings - they are the same as Outlook, which I used on my old XP computer. This is a new Win 7 computer. Copy and paste the entire error message for analysis please . ... . "Railroad Henry (not John)" <RailroadHenrynotJohn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:120A3A4D-6860-46AC-A94E-C7CB0AB7AD34@microsoft.com... > I can receive e-mail but cannot send. I've checked my settings - they are > the > same as Outlook, which I used on my old XP computer. This is a new Win 7 > compu...

Hiding Received Items on Purchase Orders
Is there a way to hide already received items on a PO? That is, can a revised PO be printed that only shows remaining open items (backorders). On that same note, is there a way to print out a "Receiver" or "Check-in Sheet" for my staff to check in orders against, as opposed to the actual purchase order, which shows more information than I'd like shown... Thanks for any input!! ...

Emailing worksheet (not as an attachment)
I was able to email the current worksheet I was working on (not as an attachment) and now when I try it states "Excell could not start email program" "check your network connection (which I don't have) and make sure office is installed correctly, your email program is setup correctly and you can connect to your email server" I am able to send the sheet as an attachment. I use a DSL connection and I use Microsoft Outlook as my email. Any ideas....recently I was having an online conflict and HP tech was working with my config files..do you think this had anyth...

Send/Receive failure
Hey all - I work for a school district that is running Outlook 2000 SR-1 and an old version of Outlook Express. Every time a user clicks on send/receive it times out and says that server such and such can't be found.... But if we close down that "error" box and click on send/receive again it works. Every time! Anyone have an idea why it "dies" on the 1st attempt and then is successful on the 2nd? I can't see any setting in either version that would make this happen. Thanks. Jim D. ...

How do I combine information from two separate spreadsheets
I have a list of thousands of SKU numbers (unique number identifing an item) with each sku having several adjacent horizontal cells with information about that SKU. On a seperate work sheet, I have another list of the same SKU numbers but with different information in the adjacent horizontal cells. How do I combine into one spreadsheet so that all of the information associated with a SKU number will be on one spreadsheet ? If the columns are IDENTICAL, just copy them. Or, You could use VLOOKUP formulas and then copy/paste values. Or a macro -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP...

Preventing changes to received messages
Outlook allows me to modify a received message's body and subject field. So if Bob sends me an email, I can open it, change the body's content, save it, and it looks like that's how I received it. Then if I print or forward it, it looks like Bob sent me something he in reality didn't. Is there a way to disable that? Can the integrity of a received message be protected? Can this be done without digital signitures? Hi, I do not think that is possible !!! Sorry for that . Hope this helps !!! With Regards, Sudharson.AN "Hall" <hall@garp.org> wrote in mes...

Include this account when receiving mail or synchronizing
Hello, In OE I have the option to check mark "Include this account when receiving mail or synchronizing". Where does OL has this option? Thanks, AJS Tools-> Options-> tab Mail Setup-> button Send/Receive...-> button Edit... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "AJS" <newsgroup@sorga.com> wrote in message news:#0XRNuWrJHA.3992@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > ...

unable to receive email from a certain user
I have a problem where I am not receiving email from a certain user within our organization. I am able to receive all other mail, from other users, but when this user sends me mail.. I never get it. It shows as sent from the sender, and I dont have any rules in place that would be moving it from the inbox. Any thoughts?! Please help!! -Justin is the user able to reply to mail sent 'from' you? have they got the correct spelling of your name etc? "Justin" <jhenretta@pwlink.com> wrote in message news:066801c3aeed$4bd6db00$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have a problem wh...