Receiving all emails and atachments as HTML files

I have a client that is receiving most emails and
attachments as html files, even though they were not sent
that way. I know there obviously has to be a setting to
determine how Outlook is supposed to view the incoming
email, but as far as I can see, everything is set up OK.
Any help would be much appreciated - thanks.

-Joe
0
jvinsky1 (1)

excel2000-password shared file over wireless network-crashing
I have a file that is password protected and shared by two people over a wireless network. It is constantly crashing while saving. Does anybody have any ideas on the problem? I turned off the password ans still have the same problem. I haven't heard anybody complain about excel2000 crashing while shared. Any help would be great. Would excel 2003 work? I don't really want to upgrade since there is very little difference between the both. Thanks, Joe ...

Email groups some working some not
I've upgrade from 5.5 to 2003 - now running native mode. Emails groups working fine for months now most but not all work. Can not see a pattern to which work and which don't. It isn't the incorrect setting of the expansion server (checked that). There is no logging trail - the emails just go to the ether. With no faults being reported I've no idea how to go about a fix. On 18 Jun 2006 21:30:54 -0700, imscott@bigpond.net.au wrote: >I've upgrade from 5.5 to 2003 - now running native mode. Emails groups >working fine for months now most but not all work. Can not see a...

Default account when replying to certain email address
I experienced a problem last evening that is really confusing me. I emailed a friend I had not corresponded with in some time. Outlook 2003 is refusing to use my default email account when replying to this one email address. I have five different email accounts set up for particular purposes, and xyz@kirtland.com (example) is set as default. Nearly everything I send uses this address unless I specifically tell Outlook to do otherwise. When I send email to one particular person, Outlook insists in using an alternate account to send, regardless of telling it otherwise. I'm out of i...

Delayed Email Reception
Hello. I have a client who is using SBS 2008 Standard. On several occasions in the last week or so he has called to complain that he is receiving some email messages one day after they had originally been sent. Other mail is not coming in at all. There was a recent issue where he had his client on the phone while said client attempted to re-send the mystery mail message. He is receiving mail for the most part. However, there are times when mail does not arrive, or it arrives a day after it had been sent. Thank you Mail Client = Microsoft Outlook -- Osteele --------------...

Pictures Received Are Garbled
Hi, I have been receiving emails with pictures from certain people, but the pictures are shown as text. As if I had opened a jpeg with a text editor. Not all pictures come in this way, only in emails from certain people. How do I (or they) make it stop? Marebear wrote: > Hi, > > I have been receiving emails with pictures from certain people, but the > pictures are shown as text. As if I had opened a jpeg with a text editor. > Not all pictures come in this way, only in emails from certain people. > > How do I (or they) make it stop? Anti-...

Emailing Newsletters
I would like to find out how to email a four page newsletter to contacts in my database and have them be able to see all pages, not only the front page. Any help? Thanks ..pdf it. Works every time. If that isn't an option, visit http://www.mvps.org/publisher/sharing.html JoAnn "jc" <jcpagan@fir.com> wrote in message news:0bc201c3dc4c$fe7c4c90$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to find out how to email a four page > newsletter to contacts in my database and have them be > able to see all pages, not only the front page. > > Any help? > Thanks ...

delete user junk files (temp, cookies and temp. internet files) via login script
hello, I've been searching for a way to delete user junk files like it states in subject box. Setting IE settings to clear temp files when the browser is closed does NOT work. Making disk space 0 for temp files also leaves plenty of junk files behind. The only way I have seen to clear the files is manually. I've found this script to erase the junk files. It works by putting it in the all users folder in startup. c: cd\ cd C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files del *.* /f/s/q cd \ cd c:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local ...

Email rules??
If I set the email 'rules' option in Outlook or Outlook express to detect the word "pain", they both also pick up the word 'Painting" as well. Is there a way to prevent this? Thx ...

How do I "auto save" my file in MsOffice2003 Exel?
Dave Peterson's reply to a similar message may help you: http://groups.google.ca/group/microsoft.public.excel.misc/msg/7a31b73f19507fb9?hl=en& mawer-cv wrote: -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

How do I retrieve my Earthlink email through Outlook?
I recently downloaded Microsoft Office Professional 2003 onto my computer and set up my Outlook account through Earthlink. Everything checks out fine (no errors), but I can't retrieve my email through Outlook. BK <BK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I recently downloaded Microsoft Office Professional 2003 onto my > computer and set up my Outlook account through Earthlink. Everything > checks out fine (no errors), but I can't retrieve my email through > Outlook. Did you speak to Earthlink's support staff? -- Brian Tillman ...

Problem with serial receive
I have a receive thread for a serial com port. I'm calling WaitCommEvent with an overlapped structure to get events. The event mask is EV_BREAK | EV_RXCHAR | EV_ERR. I also have an overlapped read operation to get receive input. Both events are setup with auto-reset. The port works fine until I get an error. When an error occurs on the receive line the read event is signaled and the call to GetOverlappedResult returns 995 Operation Aborted (the thread has not exited). I then get a WaitCommEvent signal. I call ClearCommError() which returns a CE_RXPARITY error. I thought ClearComm...

Opening Excel file
When a second Excel 2003 file is opened, the original is no longer displayed in the Windows taskbar along the bottom nor is it visible when toggling through programs using alt+tab. The original file is not closed and is only visible in the "Window" pull-down screen within Excel. I have made sure all updates for Office 2003 are applied but the problem persists. Has anyone else seen this behavior? Any advice is much appreciated. - Dave Could it be as simple as: Tools|Options|View tab|check Windows in Taskbar ??? Dave Z wrote: > > When a second Excel 2003 file is...

New email moved in Deleted items folder
Hi, After we activated a rule to transfert new e-mail to another mailbox all new e-mail were automatically moved to the deleted items folder. We had used this rule before with no problem. I first deactivate the rule and e-mail are still going to deleted items. I've also tried to delete the rule but still have the problem. It's an Exchange 2007 user mailbox and we are using Outlook 2007 on client side. Line Open Outlook with the /cleanrules switch to deactivate all rules both client and server side. You may have rules in conflict. "LM" <LM@discussio...

WLM help file
Is there an off-line version of the help file? Or -- how would I d/l the whole thing for off-line browsing? I'd like to be able to *try* to look something up even when off-line. Not that I've had much success with the "help" so far but I'm willing to try it as a source before asking here. BTW the option to "help improve WLM" doesn't seem to want suggestions. I don't see how recording how we use the program will help them know what *we can't find* & *what we miss that isn't here*. I did submit feedback; someone will get a bonu...

Query with two Tables with date filed for Date Range
How do I create a Query using two tables that have dates field to calculate a value using both the tables for a Date Range. For Example I have four TABLES- Time Card(TC), PROJECT, TC hours(HOURS), and TC expenses(EXPENSE). TC contains name of employees and their billing rates. PROJECT contains Name of Project. HOURS field are TCId, PROJECTId, Dateworked, and Hours. EXPENSE contains fields TCId, PROJECTId, Dateexpense, Expense. I want to build a query that over a Date Range that sums billable amount=hours worked* billing rate+ expense. I set the Dateworked >=[forms]![Report Date Range]![Be...

Cant send or receive emails
I've done something to my settings, and cannot send or receive emails. Can anyone tell me what to do? And I'm not a newby either, shame shame! thanks. Kari Error message? Version of Outlook? Type of mail account? Checked your mail account settings already? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Kari Jacob" <jacob52@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:549201c49180$ec8cfa40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I've done something to my...

Receive email in real-time
We have several PCs in our company that are receiving Exchange email messages in real-time, whereas others have to click Send/Receive within MS Outlook to receive their email. How do I setup Exchange where all users can receive their email instantaneously on any machine in the organization onto which they logon. Thanks in advance, Mervin Williams Hi, You can't configure Exchange to not deliver emails instantly to Outlook users. This is an Outlook setting and will have to be configured here. Leif "Mervin Williams" <mwilliams@innovasolutions.net> skrev i en meddelel...

Emailed documents sent as Read-Only
When we email documents, the recipient receives them as "read-only". We do not set this maually on the document so how is it getting set? If we email it internally, users on the network can edit it, no problem. Thanks. compsosinc@gmail.com wrote: >When we email documents, the recipient receives them as "read-only". >We do not set this maually on the document so how is it getting set? My guess is that they're opening the attachment from the preview/reading pane of the client. Ask them to open the message and /then/ open the attachment. -- Rich Matheisen ...

email partial worksheet
How do you email just part of a excel 2002 worksheet? Example: you wan to only email 4 or 5 items from a 5 page worksheet in outlook -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi see http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm >-----Original Message----- >How do you email just part of a excel 2002 worksheet? Example: you want >to only email 4 or 5 items from a 5 page worksheet in outlook. > > >--- >Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > >. > ...

hidden pictures in email (Outlook2002)
Hi Getting some spam - when looking at the spam-email using my PPC (Dell Axim 3 connected to my PC and sync'ed (including emails)) I sometimes see on the PPC that the spam-email have an attachment which is not shown in Outlook on my PC when I open such a spam-email with the PPC the email is empty but a picture (with a lot of text) is attached 8-) why do Outlook on my PC not warn me about the attachment? can you tell me why it is done, what is the trick???? -- erik Denmark -- erik Denmark "erik" <fox44REMOVETHIS@c.dk> wrote in message news:%23OaOjXegGHA.357...

new mail, automatically email adres
Hello, I use outlook 2002, also 2003 on several pc's When i send new mail, automatically when i type the first letters of the recipient, the email adres is visible? Can i delete this list or put it off? Thank you, Uncheck the "Suggest names when completing the To, CC and BCC fields" box here: Tools menu > Options > Email > Advanced Email Options "wvdp" <wavdp@belgacom.net> wrote in message news:%23eAANoXqFHA.3524@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I use outlook 2002, also 2003 on several pc's > When i send new mail, automatica...

Send & Receive button doesn't work
I installed Office XP and the SP3 service pack. I can't get the "send and recieve" button to work in MS Outlook. Everytime I click it I get a error message "The operation failed. An object could not be found." I tried proposed resolution in from MS knowledge base article 312354 but it didn't fix the problem. Any suggestions on the fix? i'd follow the procedure for creating a new profile again first. if that fails, try a repair operation. "Tom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0b0d01c425ad$17305570$a401280a@...

Received Not Invoiced not = GL(205000-000-000 Received Not Invoic
I am working on some questions for an audit, and was asked why when we run an RNI report [Reports>Purchasing>Analysis>Received/Not Invoiced] for a specific date range, it doesn't match the [Summary Inquiry] numbers. Shouldn't you be able to run a report that selects the RNI from the POP tables for a specified date range and the GL20000 (acct code 20500-000-000) for the same date range and come up with the same result. I figured out the answer, never mind! "Rich" wrote: > I am working on some questions for an audit, and was asked why when we run an > RN...

2 Email addresses One Exchange and one IMAP
I am trying two use two email addresses one is on an exchange server, the other acount is on an IMAP server. I would go to "Tools" >> "Email acounts" but it is not there. Curentaly the Email acount on the exchange server is the only one setup Thanks for your time Chris In message <<D204664E-9F1C-4E72-B337-6C2C91CD719E@microsoft.com>> "Chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> did ramble: >I am trying two use two email addresses one is on an exchange server, the other acount is on an IMAP server. I would go to "Tools" >&...