Rearrange Mail Items

Sorry if this topic has been covered.

I have two outlook data files that  keep open at all times (the main
"Personal Folders" and an archive). In previous versions, the archive
folder was on top and Person olders was on bottom. In 2007, it's the
opposite and I can't figure out how to swap the two. Granted, it's a
small thing but it's what I'm used to and I don't feel like changing
my habits.

TIA,

nautonnier
0
chucks (3)

do to complaints in older versions, 2007 puts the default delivery location
on top.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"nautonnier" <chucks@cleanrecords.com> wrote in message
> Sorry if this topic has been covered.
>
> I have two outlook data files that  keep open at all times (the main
> "Personal Folders" and an archive). In previous versions, the archive
> folder was on top and Person olders was on bottom. In 2007, it's the
> opposite and I can't figure out how to swap the two. Granted, it's a
> small thing but it's what I'm used to and I don't feel like changing
> my habits.
>
> TIA,
>
> nautonnier

0
outlookmvp (5838)
12/27/2007 7:51:59 PM
Ha! It figures that my preference would be the one everyone else
hates. I'm sure I'll get over it. Now if they could only fix the
scrollbar (can't believe it's been over 10 years and it still doesn't
respond in a consistent manner).

Thanks for the reply, Diane!

On Dec 27, 11:51=A0am, "Diane Poremsky" <outlook...@msn.com> wrote:
> do to complaints in older versions, 2007 puts the default delivery locatio=
> on top.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Need Help with Common Tasks?http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
> Outlook 2007:http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:
> dailytips-subscribe-requ...@lists.outlooktips.net
>
> Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:http://www.slipstick.com
> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQU...@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>
> "nautonnier" <chu...@cleanrecords.com> wrote in message

> > Sorry if this topic has been covered.
>
> > I have two outlook data files that =A0keep open at all times (the main
> > "Personal Folders" and an archive). In previous versions, the archive
> > folder was on top and Person olders was on bottom. In 2007, it's the
> > opposite and I can't figure out how to swap the two. Granted, it's a
> > small thing but it's what I'm used to and I don't feel like changing
> > my habits.
>
> > TIA,
>
> > nautonnier- Hide quoted text -

chucks (3)
12/28/2007 2:49:00 AM
assuming you mean how the message list scrolls (or doesn't) - are you using
a Logitech mouse? the ms mouse and drivers should scroll with the wheel,
pulling the sliders may not refresh until you release the button.

--

> Ha! It figures that my preference would be the one everyone else
> hates. I'm sure I'll get over it. Now if they could only fix the
> scrollbar (can't believe it's been over 10 years and it still doesn't
> respond in a consistent manner).
>
> Thanks for the reply, Diane!
>
> On Dec 27, 11:51 am, "Diane Poremsky" <outlook...@msn.com> wrote:
>> do to complaints in older versions, 2007 puts the default delivery
>> location
>> on top.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Need Help with Common Tasks?http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
>> Outlook 2007:http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> dailytips-subscribe-requ...@lists.outlooktips.net
>>
>> Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/
>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:http://www.slipstick.com
>> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQU...@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>
>> "nautonnier" <chu...@cleanrecords.com> wrote in message

>> > Sorry if this topic has been covered.
>>
>> > I have two outlook data files that keep open at all times (the main
>> > "Personal Folders" and an archive). In previous versions, the archive
>> > folder was on top and Person olders was on bottom. In 2007, it's the
>> > opposite and I can't figure out how to swap the two. Granted, it's a
>> > small thing but it's what I'm used to and I don't feel like changing
>> > my habits.
>>
>> > TIA,
>>
>> > nautonnier- Hide quoted text -

outlookmvp (5838)
12/28/2007 2:59:48 AM
I'm using an MS mouse and the scroll wheel works great. But using the
scroll bars is inconsistent. Sometimes the list scolls with it
sometimes it waits until you release the mouse button (as you've
said), and that seems weird seeing as how there are gobs of programs
out there that scroll consistently and you'd think that someone by now
would just tackle this and be done with it.

On Dec 27, 6:59=A0pm, "Diane Poremsky" <outlook...@msn.com> wrote:
> assuming you mean how the message list scrolls (or doesn't) - are you usin=
> a Logitech mouse? the ms mouse and drivers should scroll with the wheel,
> pulling the sliders may not refresh until you release the button.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Need Help with Common Tasks?http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
> Outlook 2007:http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:
> dailytips-subscribe-requ...@lists.outlooktips.net
>
> Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:http://www.slipstick.com
> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQU...@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>
> "nautonnier" <chu...@cleanrecords.com> wrote in message

> > Ha! It figures that my preference would be the one everyone else
> > hates. I'm sure I'll get over it. Now if they could only fix the
> > scrollbar (can't believe it's been over 10 years and it still doesn't
> > respond in a consistent manner).
>
> > Thanks for the reply, Diane!
>
> > On Dec 27, 11:51 am, "Diane Poremsky" <outlook...@msn.com> wrote:
> >> do to complaints in older versions, 2007 puts the default delivery
> >> location
> >> on top.
>
> >> --
> >> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> >> Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
> >> Need Help with Common Tasks?http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
> >> Outlook 2007:http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>
> >> Outlook Tips by email:
> >> dailytips-subscribe-requ...@lists.outlooktips.net
>
> >> Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> >> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:http://www.slipstick.com
> >> Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
> >> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQU...@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>
> >> "nautonnier" <chu...@cleanrecords.com> wrote in message

chucks (3)

Can MS Publisher print bar codes with its mail merge function or .
I prepare my marketing materials in Publisher but really need to be able to print bar codes otherwise I have to go through steps of making an image of the publisher page and doing it in Word... too complicated. any one know of a way? 1awesomemom <1awesomemom@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I prepare my marketing materials in Publisher but really need to be > able to print bar codes otherwise I have to go through steps of > making an image of the publisher page and doing it in Word... too > complicated. any one know of a way? An article: htt...

Not my mail.
Somehow, a message was sent from my email account to everyone in my contact list. Each message was just a web address and there were no copies sent to other contacts. I was alerted to this by a large number of undeliverable emails that were returned to me and there was a copy of each in my Sent folder. Today, I received another batch of returned mail. This time there were 10 contacts for each message that was sent. Again, there was just a single address in the body. But this time there was nothing in the Sent folder. Does anyone have any idea what is going on and how to stop it...

Using Hyperlinks to Access Outlook Folders and Items
Hello, Who know how to create Hyperlinks to Access Outlook Folders and Items from a web page. Thanks a lot Eric C See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/links.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "=E9ric" <eric.clouatre@cnt.gouv.qc.ca> wrote in message = news:urVNT5H7FHA.1864@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello, >=20 > ...

e-mail outlook how
I have Outlook 2003 but I cannot receive my e-mail in this system and I would like too. How do I do this? Have you configured an email account yet? "sheba7999" <sheba7999@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C833335-526A-4F07-AE5A-4AADB5B7A515@microsoft.com... >I have Outlook 2003 but I cannot receive my e-mail in this system and I >would > like too. How do I do this? ...

Mail Merge on Word 2004 for Mac
I'm merging data from an Excel Worksheet on to a Word document. The first line of the address needs to have <Title> <Firstname> <Surname> (with a space in between each entry) but the Excel Worksheet does not always have an entry in the title or first name field. I simply can't work out how to use the rules to ensure that I don't get a space where there is no data to show. For example, if there is no title in the data, I currently see a space and then the firstname at the start of the address. I've tried a few suggested actions that I've ...

rearrangement
is it possible to rearrange the serial numbers automatically in office 2003 What serial numbers and in which product of Office 2003? More detailed information needed to answer your question. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "vishwanath" wrote: > is it possible to rearrange the serial numbers automatically in office 2003 On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 06:41:02 -0800, vishwanath <vishwanath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >is it possible to rearrange the serial numbers automatically in o...

HTML email w/mail merge?
Help! I need to send a one page HTML newsletter to everyone in our church, about 450 people . . . Can anyone tell me, is it possible, using Word 2000 and Access 2000, to send an HTML email to a list of email addresses in the Access database, that includes the "mail merge" feature of Word? If this is possible, can anyone point me at a tutorial that explains how? So far I've only been able to get it to do one or the other; either do the mail merge feature but not send an HTML email OR send an HTML email but won't do the mail merge . . . ...

Outlook Closes when forwarding an e-mail.
I have a user that when he goes to forward some e-mail messages the Outlook application completely closes on him. ...

Trapping Ligitimate Mail
Have IMF installed on Exch 2k3. I know I can adjust the sensitivity of the filter. It seems to be catching most spam, however, one person's mail always seems to be trapped. This person usually has to send zip files. Is is possible force exchange to accept mail from this person? Is the file attachment the issue? Thank you, Justin You could add them to the safe senders list within the IMF filter. "Justin" wrote: > Have IMF installed on Exch 2k3. I know I can adjust the > sensitivity of the filter. It seems to be catching most > spam, however, one person&#...

How do I transfer mail over network to other computer?
I have Outlook Express 6 on my laptop and Outlook 2000 as well ast Outlook Express 6 on my home computer. They are networked using a hub and I want to back up my mail on the home computer but I can't seem to figure out the import/export functions. Bill <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have Outlook Express 6 on my laptop and Outlook 2000 as > well ast Outlook Express 6 on my home computer. They are > networked using a hub and I want to back up my mail on the > home computer but I can't seem to figure out the > import/export functions. Create...

POP Client unable to downlaod mails
Hi All! I am using Exchange 2003 on SBS 2003 premium. On Exchange I have configured secure POP & SMTP access. It was working fine but now few clients are unable to downlaod mail through POP client soft, while they can send mail through POP client soft. Wondering whether this can be result of any update or there is any other problem. Waiting for your responce. In news:E6876B6D-C1F3-4F6E-9C1E-15F095B5E3CC@microsoft.com, Absar <Absar@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi All! > > I am using Exchange 2003 on SBS 2003 premium. On Exchange I have > configured secure ...

Signature in e-mail
Can anyone help? I have attached my signature, address and a small picture to my e-mail in the mail format section. When I sent an e-mail it also is sent as an attachment. How can I embed this so it is sent just as a footer to the e-mail and not as an attachment Thanks, Caligaz ...

Exchanging items (return and sale in one transaction)
Is is possible to return and sell an item in the same transaction? For example, a customer wants to return clothing in one size and get the same item in another size. There is no price difference. Is there any problem with recalling the original transaction for return and then scanning the right size item in that same transaction? Also, is it possible to return one or more item and simultaneously buy one or more items with different prices/total costs? RMS Help file doesn't have information on this. ______________________________________________________ Larry Leveen OlyBikes Bikes...

REARRANGING PAGES
i HAVE CREATED A SIX PAGE DOCUMENT, BUT I NEED TO MOVE THE PAGES AROUND. PLEASE HELP Please turn cAPS lOCK off, and tell us which version of Publisher you are using. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm Hi SHELL (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || i HAVE CREATED A SIX PAGE DOCUMENT, BUT I NEED TO MOVE THE || PAGES AROUND. PLEASE HELP Please help us help you: 1. Don't use all caps when posting 2. Please tell us wh...

Help with sending and receiving mail
I'm working on a Exchange rollout and had a question. We are using Exchange 2003 and will be pulling mail from the ISP's POP3 server using a 3rd party program that downloads the mail from the pop server and puts it into the users Exchange mailbox. Unfortunately, this migration from users POP3 local mail client will take several days to hit everyone in the company. The domain name is lets say domainA.com. If I migrate a user, and they try to send an email to another internal user that hasn't been migrated to exchange yet, I'm assuming exchange will kick back a could not de...

TRANFER mail from outlook express to Windows Mail(windows 7)
Hi- I have just bought a new WINDOWS 7 PC and transferred my OUTLOOK EXPRESS (WINDOWS XP) to my new machine . I cannot find my old folders or mail -I can see IMPORTED Folder1 and Imported Folder2 -but they are all blank .I did get a load of imported mail in my Inbox ? Any help to find my old folders will be very gratefully received. I tried the same thing in THUNDERBIRD and it seems ok -I could see my folders at least . On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 07:38:02 -0800, DUNDALKSPUR wrote: > Hi- I have just bought a new WINDOWS 7 PC and transferred my OUTLOOK EXPRESS > (WINDOWS XP) ...

cannot receive incoming messages in one of my 2 mail boxes
Hello out there I've used my 2 e mail bowes with OE for years without any problem. For the past week it's been total silence from one of my two OE mail boxes. No incoming mails whatsoever,but I can send mails from it. I'm awaiting important mails which have apparently been sent correctly. I've even tested sending mails to it from my other (functionning) mailbox. But nothing arrives. Can anyone suggest anything? Moira moira hamon wrote: > Hello out there > > I've used my 2 e mail bowes with OE This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2...

Filtering e-Mail from other countries
I am running Exchange Server 2000. I navigated to Exchange Server -> Global Settings -> Message Delivery -> Filtering I would like to stop receiving all mail from the Netherlands (.NL), Japan (.JP) Are the following entries correct? *@*.NL (would filter all Netherlands mail) *@*.JP (would filter all Japan mail) *@*.US (would filter all US mail) "Jim --> San Diego" <JimSanDiego@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am running Exchange Server 2000. > >I navigated to Exchange Server -> Global Settings -> Message Delivery -> >...

My own e-mail is shown whenreplying a mail???
Hi, When I reply on an e-mail, I always see the "FROM" button and my own mail address is set there. This means that I have to delete that everytime, because I "cannot send on behalf of myself" ????? How do I get that button to disappear, so this mistake goes away? I am using Outlook 2003 with SP3 an all updates from MS. OS is WinXP SP3 and all updates. Hope that anyone have a clue to cure this. Svend What type of email account? You shouldn't be getting an error about sending on behalf of yourself if the address is correct. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]...

Just lost current 2 weeks of folder "saved items"
Cannot see current contents of saved items folder. Data starts at two weeks ago. Definitely have data saved in this folder that is more current than the previous two weeks. Any idea why, is there a setting that displays the view option of a file by oldest date? what view are you using on the folder? try resetting the view. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &...

problem with two mail servers and outlook 2003
Hello! I have a problem. In my company we have exchange mail server 2000 and its used for send incompany mails and we have second mail server not exchange that is used for out company mails. When i configure outlook 2003 to use two accounts : exchange and second mail server when user want to send mail to somebody in company he need to choice exchange sever in new message window but when he want to send mail out company he choice second server. Can i configure outlook 2003 to think witouoth user? So user send mail from public folders kontakts to incompany person so outlook 2003 send it by e...

XSD sequence rearranged
Hi! I have a problem.. I'm trying to get the XML from a dataset to conform to an XSD, but it keeps rearranging some elements. Try this schema: &lt;xs:schema id="test" targetNamespace="http://tempuri.org/test.xsd" xmlns:mstns="http://tempuri.org/test.xsd" xmlns="http://tempuri.org/test.xsd" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:msdata="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-msdata" attributeFormDefault="qualified" elementFormDefault="qualified"&gt; &lt;xs:complexType name="test...

where does the mail goes?
After this in the log. smtp:message submitted to categorizer what is happen to the mail. \Fredry ...

Only printing header in Windows Live Mail
My canon printer has suddenly stopped printing the email content - only the header. Printing in word, excel etc not affected. Using W7 (+ Firefox if that relavent). Any suggestions please Does you have the same problem if you try printing from IE? WLM depends on IE for printing services. Take a look at this: Print and Print Preview May Display Only Text at Top of Page http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=272518 It's a similar problem for a different version but the fix may apply. -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "Jem" <Jem@discussions.mic...

Sending URL in E-Mail
Outlook prevents the sending of a URL via e-mail. Am I doing something wrong? I have a "Favorites" entry in IE I right click on the entry - Then Send via e-mail outlook opens, but there is a message that outlook will not attach the URL as it is dangerous. Any way around this? Thanks it attaches, you just can't see it. If the recipient uses outlook, it might be blocked on their end too. Best is to open the url in IE and copy it from the address bar. You can use mailto_url (look for it at slipstick.com) to send links from IE when you are viewing page. -- Diane Poremsky [...