Reading Pane Settings

I did a search for an answer to this question and have not found one.  If I
missed an answer already posted, please direct me to the right place.

I have Outlook 2007 and set up the "right" reading pane for my e-mail.  Now
when I go to my calendar it is set up the same way - calendar on the left
(same size as the inbox) and then there is a blank space to the right that is
the size of the reading pane/preview. To the right is the to-do bar (which I
have no problem with).  I don't know why there is a reading/preview pane on
the calendar when there is nothing to preview, and I can't seem to
permanently get rid of it.  I readjust it each time but then when I go back
to my e-mail, the preview pane is missing and I have to readjust that too.  I
tried defining the views for messages but that doesn't help because when I go
to the calendar and change the calendar to no reading pane, I will have no
reading pane in my e-mail.

Thanks,
-Colleen
0
Kip1 (23)

try resetting the calendar view, maybe the inbox as well. if it doesn't
help, open outlook using the /cleanviews switch - this will erase all custom
views.

http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/switches.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Kip" <Kip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I did a search for an answer to this question and have not found one.  If
> missed an answer already posted, please direct me to the right place.
>
> I have Outlook 2007 and set up the "right" reading pane for my e-mail.
> Now
> when I go to my calendar it is set up the same way - calendar on the left
> (same size as the inbox) and then there is a blank space to the right that
> is
> the size of the reading pane/preview. To the right is the to-do bar (which
> have no problem with).  I don't know why there is a reading/preview pane
> on
> the calendar when there is nothing to preview, and I can't seem to
> permanently get rid of it.  I readjust it each time but then when I go
> back
> to my e-mail, the preview pane is missing and I have to readjust that too.
> tried defining the views for messages but that doesn't help because when I
> go
> to the calendar and change the calendar to no reading pane, I will have no
> reading pane in my e-mail.
>
> Thanks,
> -Colleen

0
outlookmvp (5838)
10/28/2007 2:52:05 AM
Thanks!!!  Opening outlook using /cleanviews worked like a charm!

Thanks again!
-Colleen

"Diane Poremsky" wrote:

> try resetting the calendar view, maybe the inbox as well. if it doesn't
> help, open outlook using the /cleanviews switch - this will erase all custom
> views.
>
> http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/switches.htm
>

> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> "Kip" <Kip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I did a search for an answer to this question and have not found one.  If
> > missed an answer already posted, please direct me to the right place.
> >
> > I have Outlook 2007 and set up the "right" reading pane for my e-mail.
> > Now
> > when I go to my calendar it is set up the same way - calendar on the left
> > (same size as the inbox) and then there is a blank space to the right that
> > is
> > the size of the reading pane/preview. To the right is the to-do bar (which
> > have no problem with).  I don't know why there is a reading/preview pane
> > on
> > the calendar when there is nothing to preview, and I can't seem to
> > permanently get rid of it.  I readjust it each time but then when I go
> > back
> > to my e-mail, the preview pane is missing and I have to readjust that too.
> > tried defining the views for messages but that doesn't help because when I
> > go
> > to the calendar and change the calendar to no reading pane, I will have no
> > reading pane in my e-mail.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -Colleen

0
Kip1 (23)

Possible to globally set fields in messages views?
I have numerous folders and subfolders in my in-box. I now have Outlook 2003 on WinXP, formerly using Outlook 2000 on Win2k. In neither one can I find a way to either change the e-mail default fields once and for all (in which case I'd want one default for in-coming and another for out-going), or to change existing folders all at once (in which case I'd again want to set all in-box folders one way and all sent folders another way. Is there any way to do this? If so, how? Thanks. -- Bob Bob <xxxx@xxxxx.com> wrote: > I have numerous folders and subfolders in my in-box. I n...

Reading .wks file

Can I set-up a rule to copy from Deleted Items to another folder?
I wouldl like to be able to access my Deleted Items from my PDA, but the only way is to have them copied to a new folder as the Deleted Items folder is not accessible. The only way you could use a rule is if you ran it yourself. Can you access the mailbox using IMAP? That would allow you to see all of the folders without duplicating Deleted messages. Why do you need to see the deleted folder on the PDA? Can you apply categories or flags instead of deleting the items? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solut...

Credit Card Set up
I was using Icverify v3 with my old pos software. Now i am using RMS, so i do i go about accepting credit card with rms. I selected icverify in rms admin (EDC set uo). but I was not sure what put in the path field. need help. thank you juzar, I wouldn't change the path in RMS, I would change it in ICVerify. You might check and see if you are using Vital as your credit/debit card processor. If so, use the free, built-in software in RMS instead of ICV and get rid of a level of complexity. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some othe...

File won't open as read only

How do I set different error bars per data point in a series
Prior versions of Excel allowed different error bars per data point. I am now using Excel 2003 and apparently error bars can only be set for the entire series. Since my data points in a series are really averages from other series I want to include their error bars. Hi, XL 2003 still have the option to plot custom error bar values. Double click the series and check the Error bars tab, there should be both a custom positive and negative refedit control to allow you to select a range to use. Check Jon's page for example and screen shots. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/Err...

Read mail arn't marked as read anymore

reading confirmation

Public Folders -- Unable to set permissions and replicate them to subfolders
I'm trying to give permission to users to read and write to a public folder. I keep getting Access Denied(logged in as Administrator) and Invalid Window Handle. I am running Exchange 2003 SP2 on a Win 2k3 server. Any help would be appriciated. /aerogel On 10 Nov 2005 08:16:14 -0800, "aerogel" <lundholmster@gmail.com> wrote: >I'm trying to give permission to users to read and write to a public >folder. I keep getting Access Denied(logged in as Administrator) and >Invalid Window Handle. I am running Exchange 2003 SP2 on a Win 2k3 >server. >Any help ...

The memory could not be "read".

how can i copy a document to a CD without making it read only?
HOW CAN I COPY A DOCUMENT TO A CD WITHOUT MAKING IN READ ONLY? You can't. It is not the file, but the media, that is read only. Even CD-RW media does not allow editing a file on the CD. Copy te file from CD to HD, mak edits and if a CD-RW you should be able to burn the edited file back to the CD. hth "DON" wrote: > HOW CAN I COPY A DOCUMENT TO A CD WITHOUT MAKING IN READ ONLY? ...

Unable to Read Japanese Email
I correspond with several Japanese users and can read emails from some of them without a problem, but emails from others are nothing but a series of ?????. In one case, I can read one email but not another from the same sender. Changing the Encoding doesn't help. Sending emails in Japanese to them without a problem...they can read it fine. Would appreciate any suggestions/solutions as I'm stumped. I'm using Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP Home operating system. Japanese language support is installed. ...

Delete date separators on viewing pane
I would like to remove the collapsable date separators (ie: "Today" "Yesterday", etc) from my viewing pane in Microsoft Outlook. It is sufficient for me to see the date received. How do I remove those separators from say, my Inbox. I am using XP operating system. -- Michelle "Michelle" <Michelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ECD19A02-4EB8-479F-AF3F-73D1A9E97982@microsoft.com... >I would like to remove the collapsable date separators (ie: "Today" > "Yesterday", etc) from my viewing pane in Micro...

Transferring read e-mail to another folder
Hello I was wondering whether there was a way in which I could automatically transfer my e-mail that has been read into another folder, such as "Old e-mail" or something like that? Thanks ...

Set DateField Value
Hi @ all, is there any way to set a datefield with the onload-function? "crmForm.all.activeon.value = '01.01.2000';" (in the contract form) doesn´t work. Why? Thanks for help! greetings, Stefan ------=_NextPart_0001_BF612E16 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <Stefan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > is there any way to set a datefield with the onload-function? > "crmForm.all.activeon.value = '01.01.2000';" (in the contract form) doesn´t > work. Why? You should be using DataValue, as is done in the C...

Outlook not marking read emails as read
Hi - We have 1 computer that is doing the oddest thing, anytime the customer reads the last email in his box, exit's out of email and then comes back in, that email is now marked as unread - it's the weirdest thing I have seen in a long time. I uninstalled office XP, rebooted, then reinstalled and applied the 2 service packs, hoping that would fix it, but it didn't. So now I'm stuck and was wondering if anybody out there has any thoughts on what to do.... thanks! Gerri Urban gurban@ci.broomfield.co.us ...

Default Limits Settings
In Exchang 2003, I have a user that I unchecked the option for "Using mailbox store defaults". It has been an hour and I still cannot send due to the default restrictions being in place. what needs to happen withit Exchange or AD for this new user setting to be applied? thanks in advance Rick Changes of that sort can take up to two hours to take effect. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;%5bLN%5d;327378 Be my guest and change this value to something like 15 minutes and it'll take effect the next time you cycle the information store service. -- Ed Crowley MVP...

Global "Display As" setting?
Since I upgraded from Outlook 2K to Outlook 2002, I'm disappointed to see that Outlook wants to show a "long" form of address in the "To" etc boxes, with both the name and the email address. Looks terrible to me, so I have been editing Contact entries one by one to change it back to just the name. This is getting old pretty fast; is there some way to set an option one time, one place, that will convince Outlook to just show names? Thanks, George ...

delete user define setting
Hi I have previously entered a user defined chart in the custom types in Excel 2002, however, no loger use this and want to delete it in order to use the default setting when pressing "F11" how do i get rid of it? thank in advance Brian -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-chart/200701/1 Select a chart. Go to Chart menu > Chart Type > Custom Types tab. Click User Defined button, select Default under Chart Type, and click Delete button. This resets the default to the original (default) default chart type. - Jon ------- Jon P...

Suggested reading
Any suggested reading for Access 2003 VBA? I have both "Step by Step Access 2003" And "Microsoft Access 2003 VBA for Dummies" (how Ironic) and niether have been very helpful. Try this book. It's a winner: Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference by Patricia Cardoza, Teresa Hennig, Graham Seach, and Armen Stein http://www.amazon.com/Access-2007-Programmers-Reference-Programmer/dp/0470047038/ref=sr_1_1/104-1181757-2327103?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1185824619&sr=8-1 -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.access...

Wise to set up user level security for a multi FE MDB ??
I am currently using MS 2003 and work on a multi-user database. I have reviewed previous posts in the forum and followed their advise achieved in spliting the database to FE and BE, and converting the FE as MDE file to protect the codes and Forms in the database. I am proceeding to User Level Security but encountered couples of problem. Which increased my concerned if it is wised to setup user level security for the multi FE MDB. 1) I could not could not set User Level Security in an MDE file?? is that true?? 2) I am now sharing the database by deploying FE copies of MDE ...

Setting Range in Pivot Table
I am moving data from Access to Excel Sheets. Once the data is in Excel, I need to create Pivot table for the same and on the basis of Pivot table, charts need to be generated. I did created Pivot table and its related charts, but I am having problem in grouping. Exp: When I first creted the Pivot table, I had data like Aging - 0,1,2,4,6,7,8,9,10 On the basis of aging, I created a group of 0-4 and 6-10. Note: 3 is not present in aging. Now, when I agian import the data from Access, the aging values are different like: Aging: 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,10 Problem: 3 which was not present ea...

How can I send a set of files, one file per email, automatically?
I need to send about 40 files to one or two people. I'm willing to do this in Eudora or in Outlook Express or Outlook. The problem is that these files are each relatively large: around 25MB each. Combining them into one file would be prohibitive. So I want to send 40 emails, each with one file. Does either of these mailer programs make that task possible? Of course, doing it manually would not be a reasonable option. Outlook should be able to do that with a batch file but you might want to find another way of getting that much data (approx 1GB) to the recipients like via FTP serve...