Reading Pane in Outlook 2003

Is there a way, in outlook 2003, to disable the reading pane on all folders
and to set the default for newly created folders to be disabled?

eli silverman <elisilverman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Is there a way, in outlook 2003, to disable the reading pane on all
> folders and to set the default for newly created folders to be
> disabled?

Start Outlook using the /nopreview switch.
--
Brian Tillman
0

outlook 2003 #239
I clicked on discard my customized settings and restore default settings.Now I don't have my office outlook and have unable to restore from my cd what can be done to get back outlook 2003 ...

0x800CCC90 error message Outlook 2003
"Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC90) : 'Your incoming (POP3) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). Server responded: -ERR problem retrieving message. Moved from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003 with the purchase of a new computer and trying to set up the email accounts for myself and my wife with our ISP. Set up my wife's account, and she's able to send and receive no problem. I used the exact same setup routine on my account, and ran into "...

Reading .wks file

Resource booking with non-Outlook clients
Our resource booking is done using Exchange. This is fine for our Windows users, however our Linux users cannot book events. I have figured out how to use OWA to let them view the calendars on the web, however how can they book an event without Outlook? Is there a specially formatted message they can send to the resource account setup to auto accept? Thanks. Matt ...

Use custom task form in Outlook 2003 when creating task in ON 2007
I have a custom task form in Outlook 2003 that I use for all of my task-related info. I rely heavily on this form, and would like to have it be the form that isused when ON creates a task (using any of the Outlook Task tags). Is it possible to do this? -- Bobby C Hi Bobby, You might get better help if you posted this in the Outlook Forum since this is an Access Forum. Happy New Year! Patrick Wood "Bobby C" wrote: > I have a custom task form in Outlook 2003 that I use for all of my > task-related info. I rely heavily on this form, and would like to have it be > ...

update 2003 to 2006
I have been using v2003 with good results. I think it's about time I upgraded to something newer, say v2006. Will v2006 read v2003 files? Thanks! Most likely. I upgraded from 2003 to 2004, and then to 2006. "flw31" wrote: > I have been using v2003 with good results. I think it's about time I > upgraded to something newer, say v2006. Will v2006 read v2003 files? > Thanks! > It should, assuming things like your M03 and M06 are for the same locale (e.g., no M03 UK -> M06 US). But see http://umpmfaq.info/Money2006.htm for some insight. "flw31" ...

Outlook 2002 freezing up
I am currently using Outlook 2002. Some days it works fine, but other days the minute I click anything it freezes up. I could open an email, or respond to an email, or try to create an email then it will freeze up. I cannot minimize or close out the program without hitting control alt delete. Can anyone help me with this? If possible please send responses to my email kimberly7074@yahoo.com Thanks Kimberly ...

File won't open as read only

Outlook Owner
Can anyone help me, I'm having trouble removing a name in the task part of my outlook application. I'm trying to remove a friends name and replace it with my own. When I go to put in a new task his name appears as the owner. I don't know how his name got there and when I try to remove it, I get this message "You must be in a public folder to change the Qwner field of a task. The original owner name will be restore." If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated. Is this a task folder in public folders or in your mailbox? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook...

Outlook 2007 Security Notice Pop-up
I had previously written a number of Outlook template files (.oft) that I had linked to a toolbar on my Outlook 2003 desktop. (This is on my employer's computer). When I wanted to send a "canned" email message, I simply clicked on the toolbar, my template opened up, I filled in the blanks and sent out the message. Then my company upgraded to Office 2007. The toolbar with the template files still works, except now when I click on a button to launch a template I get this pop-up that says "Microsoft Office Outlook Security Notice. Microsoft Office has identified a p...

adding a caldav https path within Outlook 2007
I have a CALDAV address to a https server. My Outlook 2007 let's me add an address beginning with caldav://server ..... without any problems. Though I would like to add a calendar that has an address beginning with https:// server; Outlook returns an error message and aborts. I used the https address on my iPhone. It asked me for my login credentials of the server - and now it works (on the iPhone) but not on Outlook. Anyone an idea, how I can fix the required authentication? Thx, Daniel ...

Outlook 2003 Send/Receive problems
I am running Outlook 2003 on Windows XP Pro. I have 2 email accounts set up. One is an Exchange 5.5 account. The other is a POP3 account. I have offline folders set up. I have set up the option to synchronize upon exiting. When I exit Outlook (while online), it goes through the Send/Receive dialog box, and there are no errors. But when I check my mail offline, new messages are not avaialable. I have made sure to check all folders that I want available offline. Even when manually hitting the Send/Receive button, it does the same thing. The only way I have been able to successfully syn...

why can i not use outlook with aol
i have decided to use outlook with aol so use imap but it does not work all the settings seem to be correct so can anyone please help me In news:16B645A7-B411-4BEC-9D91-41DF7C7B8E38@microsoft.com, stevediggo <stevediggo@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say: My reply is at the bottom of your sent message: > i have decided to use outlook with aol so use imap but it does not > work all the settings seem to be correct so can anyone please help me Perhaps this might be of assistance? Accessing the AOL Mail System using IMAP & Authenticated SMTP - An Unofficial Guide: ...

Read mail arn't marked as read anymore

Word 2003, Select a block of text. How?
A word 2003 document where I want to select a 'block' of text in order to copy it in somewhere else. How do I mark such a 'block' ? -- ___________ Knut Willy I assume you know how to select text in general, so there are two possible interpretations of "block": 1. If you mean a large portion of text that requires scrolling the screen, click at one end of the desired selection, use the scroll bar to bring the other end in view, and Shift+click there. 2. If you mean a vertical column portion of a wider block of text, use Alt+drag to select i...

Outlook PRF
I'm looking at the following page. http://technet2.microsoft.com/Office/en-us/library/71b4efb2-539a-49eb-935e-3222aed9f6a21033.mspx?mfr=true I am trying to import a PRF to enable Exchange Cache Mode. Can anyone tell me how the following works? In the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Setup subkey, set the value of ImportPRF to a string value that specifies the name and path of the PRF file. For example, set ImportPRF to \\server1\share\outlook.prf Does the user run outlook or does it force run automatically. Are there any ways of doing this where the user h...

Outlook 2010 BETA question
I've just migrated from OE to the new Outlook 2010 BETA and am having some difficulties trying to find out how to "show" images in the preview pane when they're a part of an html email message? Right now they line up up top in the email message header area -- but I want them to display as per normal in the email... I've searched hi&low and can NOT find out how to enable that... Help here lads? Oh, and is there a spot to go and find 'stationery' templates for this BETA too? Jim "JVRudnick" <JVRudnick@discussions.microsoft.co...

outlook 2003 shuts down
After I've booted up my computer and started Outlook 2003 for the first time that day, I get an error message which basically says I can't see my email, or any other Outlook features. If I quit the program, I get no window that asks if I want to report the issue. I then restart the program & it works fine. I'm using Windows XP. Frustrating, because sometimes I get duplicate email. ...

Assiging Tasks via the POP mailboxes under Outlook 2002 & 2003
Hi, We've been trying to assign Tasks to each other (2 people) via POP Mailboxes. The assigning seems fine, but when a TRask is assigned back and forward several times we both end up with multiple Tasks... the most recently Accepted one, plus ealier versions which remain as "Waiting Response from Assignee". What are we missing? ps. I did read in these discussions that we both need to have RTF format selected which we both do have. ...

Windows Vista and Outlook Client
Hello everybody We just upgraded to Windows Vista and are using Outlook 2003 SP2. When we were running XP on the machine, we installed the Desktop Client for Outlook and everything was running fine. Right now, when we open Outlook we get the message "An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality. Try restarting Microsoft Outlook. Contact your system administrator if errors persist." How do we solve this? Hopefully it won't have anything to do with us using Outlook 2003 and not 2007, we don't want to upgrade it right now unless it is completely necessary. Thank ...

reading confirmation

Outlook Favorites Won't Save, Messages wrong on Outlook Today #2
Re-posting a message from a couple of weeks ago, hoping for better luck this time. I have Outlook 2003 running on XP Pro. Original message, with some additional info in brackets: A few days ago, I lost all my favorites. Also, the Messages section on Outlook Today no longer shows the number of unread messages, and if I click on a folder under Messages, nothing happens. For the Favorites, once I add them back in, it works fine until I reboot, and then they are gone again. I do close and re-open Outlook after adding my folders, so it should be saved properly, and it appears to be working w...

Outlook 2007 on Vista: Toolbars and Menus not working
Hi everyone, I'm running MS CRM3.0 through Outlook 2007 on my Vista Business machine. I've run the updates on the server before installing the client. CRM displays ok within Outlook but requires a username/password before opening. The URL is listed in the Trusted Sites of Internet explorer. I've tried entering the URL as http://servername:port but it just lists as http://servername. The CRM menu opens and the buttons on the toolbar highlight and open. However, when I click on something (e.g. Options in the Menu bar) nothing happens. Also, when opening an outlook contact, I used...

How to Sync Outlook 2007
How do I sync Outlook 2007 between a Windows XP Home PC and a Windows 7 Starter Netbook? I need the ability to choose which segments I want to sync (calendar and contacts) so it doesn't try to sync the email section. Thanks! Assuming you use popmail you would need a third party sync tool, Outlook itself has no native method of syncing between two PC's "MicheleERS" <MicheleERS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53B2CA55-FFD0-48EA-AC67-787EB6D02062@microsoft.com... > How do I sync Outlook 2007 between a Windows XP Home PC and a Windows 7 &g...