Reading Pane #5

Does using the reading pane really open you up for viruses and worms more
than not using it?
0
bfarr (2)

bfarr <bfarr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Does using the reading pane really open you up for viruses and worms
> more than not using it?

See the answers to your first post of this question.
--
Brian Tillman
0

Reading .wks file

Exch 5.5
I have set up the IMC's Message Filtering to disable a previous employee from sending mail from his home email address in to our server. I am now being asked to block internal users with accounts on our server from sending out to this users home email address. Is there a way to block outbound email to one email address? We are running Sybari Antigen on our server but I can't see of a way to do this with that application either. ...

Free/Busy Information Exchange 5.5
We have been having issues with free/busy information on our servers every few months people calendars are not displayed corretly. It seems to only affect a small group of users. The Outlook /Cleanfreebusy does not fix the issue (On both client looking up the data and th effected client email account). All the exchange 5.5 SP4 servers in our site replicate the Schedule+ Free/Busy folder. We are running Outlook XP SP2 Exchange Server1 : (Users Server): Free Busy Time Correct Exchange Server2 : Free Busy Time Correct Exchange server3 : Infromation is "////" out for the user, D...

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 03-07-10
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86 I still having the same problem please some help me to fix this isue i disable my anti virus plus I delete my fil i386 same problem and i dont know what to do please help Same problem as...? chons wrote: > Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family > Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86 I still having the > same problem please some help me to fix this isue i disable my anti virus > plus I d...

File won't open as read only

Read mail arn't marked as read anymore

Exchange 5.5: Administrator
I'd like to be able to send mail as a user on my system. Currently, we use 3rd party software to track helpdesk emails and such. People continue to email my box when they should be sending the requests to support. I'd like to forward all of these emails to support from their accounts so they can track their support request. Here's the catch: I want to do this without being a delegate for their account. Is this possible? ...

Postmaster@IP Exchange 5.5
Hi How can I set this Address in Exchange 5.5? postmaster@[212.71.106.117] Thanks, Rick On the routing tab add a new domain of [212.71.106.117] and rather than inbound, set it as Route to this domain, selecting your actual domain. Restart the IMS, and any email send to user@[212.71.106.117] will be delivered to user@yourdomain.com. Postmaster email should automatically be accepted by whichever account is set as the IMS Admin Mailbox. -- hth, SusanV "Rick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB609F6A-6575-4EDD-94E9-E2E62707DB6E@microsoft.com... >...

reading confirmation

Moving Exchange 5.5 #3
We currently have W2K3 domain with external 2-way trust with NT4 domain where Exchange 5.5 is located. I'd lik to move my Exchange to the new server W2K member of the W2K3 domain. During the change I'd like to change also the organization and site name. Does anyboby have any information on how can easily do this without any client reconfiguration? Thanks TagaR On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 09:31:06 -0800, "TagaR" <TagaR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We currently have W2K3 domain with external 2-way trust with NT4 domain where >Exchange 5.5 is located. I'd l...

Exchange 5.5 Dead Mail
How can I view the contents of the Dead Mail queue in Exchange 5.5? I decided to set up this as a test: http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/07/black_holes_not.html But I am lead to believe the mail does not "vanish", it just enters a Bad Mail queue. I'd like to be able to remove this mail so it doesn't take up space, especially if we decide to go with this suggestion. Any ideas? I have the GWClient application on the server, and made a profile using ProfInst.EXE .. but nothing shows up in the "Bad" mail section. Thanks! Colin Colin M wrote: >...

FREE $5.00
Hello All : See http://www.getfreecard.com and get $5.00 Gift Card for Shell Gasoline absolutely free. And if you intruduce 3 of your friend, I will make it $10.00 Good Luck and enjoy your free Gas card. ...

The memory could not be "read".

Delete date separators on viewing pane
I would like to remove the collapsable date separators (ie: "Today" "Yesterday", etc) from my viewing pane in Microsoft Outlook. It is sufficient for me to see the date received. How do I remove those separators from say, my Inbox. I am using XP operating system. -- Michelle "Michelle" <Michelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ECD19A02-4EB8-479F-AF3F-73D1A9E97982@microsoft.com... >I would like to remove the collapsable date separators (ie: "Today" > "Yesterday", etc) from my viewing pane in Micro...

Upgrade 5.5 -> 2003
Hi! I want to upgrade an Exchange server 5.5 to Exchange 2003. The datastore is 57Gb! Is it best to join a 2003 to the site and migrate the mailboxes ? Or ? is it possible to script the move mailbox command ? regards, Richard On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 22:24:21 +0100, "Richard" <richardh2o@hotmail.com> wrote: > >Hi! > >I want to upgrade an Exchange server 5.5 to Exchange 2003. The datastore is >57Gb! > >Is it best to join a 2003 to the site and migrate the mailboxes ? Or ? is it >possible to script the move mailbox command ? WHy script it when...

how can i copy a document to a CD without making it read only?
HOW CAN I COPY A DOCUMENT TO A CD WITHOUT MAKING IN READ ONLY? You can't. It is not the file, but the media, that is read only. Even CD-RW media does not allow editing a file on the CD. Copy te file from CD to HD, mak edits and if a CD-RW you should be able to burn the edited file back to the CD. hth "DON" wrote: > HOW CAN I COPY A DOCUMENT TO A CD WITHOUT MAKING IN READ ONLY? ...

Unable to Read Japanese Email
I correspond with several Japanese users and can read emails from some of them without a problem, but emails from others are nothing but a series of ?????. In one case, I can read one email but not another from the same sender. Changing the Encoding doesn't help. Sending emails in Japanese to them without a problem...they can read it fine. Would appreciate any suggestions/solutions as I'm stumped. I'm using Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP Home operating system. Japanese language support is installed. ...

Transferring read e-mail to another folder
Hello I was wondering whether there was a way in which I could automatically transfer my e-mail that has been read into another folder, such as "Old e-mail" or something like that? Thanks ...

5.5 global message size
Doesn't seem to be a place to set the max incoming/outgoing message size (non-IMC messages) in the gui. Found a tech not on the MS site which spoke of exporting the recipients to a csv file, do mass add in the correct fields, and then import. Problem is, i exported the recipients and do not see that field. I even modified one user using the gui - added a message size of 20000 and do not see that value anywhere when I export. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Thanks. On Wed, 17 May 2006 17:31:27 -0700, "Tito Madrid" <tmadrid@cosmo.com> wrote: >Do...

Outlook not marking read emails as read
Hi - We have 1 computer that is doing the oddest thing, anytime the customer reads the last email in his box, exit's out of email and then comes back in, that email is now marked as unread - it's the weirdest thing I have seen in a long time. I uninstalled office XP, rebooted, then reinstalled and applied the 2 service packs, hoping that would fix it, but it didn't. So now I'm stuck and was wondering if anybody out there has any thoughts on what to do.... thanks! Gerri Urban gurban@ci.broomfield.co.us ...

Suggested reading
Any suggested reading for Access 2003 VBA? I have both "Step by Step Access 2003" And "Microsoft Access 2003 VBA for Dummies" (how Ironic) and niether have been very helpful. Try this book. It's a winner: Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference by Patricia Cardoza, Teresa Hennig, Graham Seach, and Armen Stein http://www.amazon.com/Access-2007-Programmers-Reference-Programmer/dp/0470047038/ref=sr_1_1/104-1181757-2327103?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1185824619&sr=8-1 -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.access...

Outlook 2003, Cached Mode, Exch 5.5
We are seeing a number of users who are not seeing messages from the past several days. Turning off cached mode and restarting Outlook instantly shows all messages. Turning cached mode back on "hides" the recent messages. For some folks, deleting the Outlook profile and recreating has fixed it. Out of about 50 folks, I know of about a dozen folks with these problems. They occur at varying points in time. I have tried reinstalling Office. I've applied SP-2 to some clients. Something is interfering with the Sync or corrupting the OST, but I don't know what. The Sync Is...

Message(s) Not Being Marked As Read
I have "Mark message read after displayed for" '0' seconds checked. But in my Junk e-mail folder the messages don't get marked as read when I select them, only when I open them. I'm assuming this is because there isn't a the reading pane for the Junk e-mail folder even though I have "Show reading pane" checked in "Layout" a reading pane doesn't display in the Junk email right pane. Is this normal? I'd rather just click on the message instead of opening the message to mark it as read. James > I'd rather just c...