Read Receipt Function in outlook

The read receipt option is no longer working in Outlook
Small Business Edition for XP 2002.  I have not made any
recent changes to my outlook setup.  Does anyone know how
I can trouble shoot this?
0
anonymous (74717)

enable Outlook 2007 "Show Home Page by default for this folder"
Hi Does any one know if it is possible in office 2007 to enable "Show Home Page by default for this folder" using GPO or registry, I want to be able to have the startup folder in outlook point to a URL. This part works fine using the office 2007 gpo templates, but I cant find any way to set "Show Home Page by default for this folder". Thanks San_Man Check my response to your post in the installation group. Please do not post in multiple groups. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users an...

outlook express #269
Using OE with XP. Recently every time I restart my pc, one of my mailboxes gets messed up. Even if I revise the properties, it still won't work. I have to re-add it and remove the one that is not working. How can I fix this permanently? Thanks bergers10@bellsouth.net <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Using OE with XP. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Can't Install Newsreader in Outlook 2003
I can't find the option of "News" in Customize > Commands > Categories > Go. It was there previously, and I tried to copy it to Toolbar > Go. Instead, it copied as its own item on Toolbar, so I deleted it from the Toolbar; and now I can't find the option at all. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated. To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, clear the "Always...

help with datedif function please
I have names and dates in columns , every time the name changes I need the difference from that date untill to day's date. With the same name I need the difference between the dates eg: A b c 1 vit 05/12/2009 datedif untill TODAY() 2 vit 20/11/2009 datedif between A1-A2 3 vit 04/07/2009 " " A2-A3 4 vit 24/06/2009 " " A3-A4 5 vit 15/06/2009 " " A4-A5 6 tom 21/11/2009 d...

Send Options in Outlook 2002
I am trying to locate an option that will allow all e-mail addresses to automatically be added to my Contacts list when I reply to an e-mail. This option is in Outlook Express under "Send Option" and is worded "Automatically place people I reply to in my address book". I would like to find the same option in Outlook 2002 You'll only find this option when you install an add-in. Sperry Software has one; http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Add-Email-Address.asp?Source=RS If you decide to order use "BH93RF24" to get a discount -- Roady [MVP] www.spar...

Use custom task form in Outlook 2003 when creating task in ON 2007
I have a custom task form in Outlook 2003 that I use for all of my task-related info. I rely heavily on this form, and would like to have it be the form that isused when ON creates a task (using any of the Outlook Task tags). Is it possible to do this? -- Bobby C Hi Bobby, You might get better help if you posted this in the Outlook Forum since this is an Access Forum. Happy New Year! Patrick Wood "Bobby C" wrote: > I have a custom task form in Outlook 2003 that I use for all of my > task-related info. I rely heavily on this form, and would like to have it be > ...

Resource booking with non-Outlook clients
Our resource booking is done using Exchange. This is fine for our Windows users, however our Linux users cannot book events. I have figured out how to use OWA to let them view the calendars on the web, however how can they book an event without Outlook? Is there a specially formatted message they can send to the resource account setup to auto accept? Thanks. Matt ...

Reading .wks file

0x800CCC90 error message Outlook 2003
"Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC90) : 'Your incoming (POP3) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). Server responded: -ERR problem retrieving message. Moved from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003 with the purchase of a new computer and trying to set up the email accounts for myself and my wife with our ISP. Set up my wife's account, and she's able to send and receive no problem. I used the exact same setup routine on my account, and ran into "...

Receipt Number Auto
Hello all, wondering if anyone has had this issue before.. When we go into receipt transactions we get "A unigue number could not be generated" This is based of the REC next number.. looking at the SQl logs it keeps going and going until what I believe is the timeout session and then you get whatever number it left off at.. can't find any knowledge base articles on this issue what-so-ever. Using GP8 sp 3 Here are my suggestions. Before you do anything, backup your databases for possible restoration if you are not happy with the results. Better yet, restore your backup o...

outlook 2003 #239
I clicked on discard my customized settings and restore default settings.Now I don't have my office outlook and have unable to restore from my cd what can be done to get back outlook 2003 ...

don't want outlook express to send attachments-zipped
I have a friend who recently realized that attatchments were being sent with the .zip extension...what's happening and can it be fixed? thank you, fields@wfields.com Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to t...

How expensive are gdi drawing functions?
I am trying to improve the performance of a chart control.. lets say I am graphing data roughly 500 points per second and I have a 10 second window. So thats about 5000 points being represented in a control thats about 500 pixels wide. As of now, the chart tries to draw every single point. I am thinking that an algorithm that turns the 5000 points to 500 points might improve performance. lets say the chart is 100 pixels across, and the min(first window value) and max(last window value) of the xaxis is 0,100, so each pixel represents a unit. data is coming in at 10 points per unit(assu...

File won't open as read only

Read mail arn't marked as read anymore

why can i not use outlook with aol
i have decided to use outlook with aol so use imap but it does not work all the settings seem to be correct so can anyone please help me In news:16B645A7-B411-4BEC-9D91-41DF7C7B8E38@microsoft.com, stevediggo <stevediggo@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say: My reply is at the bottom of your sent message: > i have decided to use outlook with aol so use imap but it does not > work all the settings seem to be correct so can anyone please help me Perhaps this might be of assistance? Accessing the AOL Mail System using IMAP & Authenticated SMTP - An Unofficial Guide: ...

adding a caldav https path within Outlook 2007
I have a CALDAV address to a https server. My Outlook 2007 let's me add an address beginning with caldav://server ..... without any problems. Though I would like to add a calendar that has an address beginning with https:// server; Outlook returns an error message and aborts. I used the https address on my iPhone. It asked me for my login credentials of the server - and now it works (on the iPhone) but not on Outlook. Anyone an idea, how I can fix the required authentication? Thx, Daniel ...

Outlook 2003 Send/Receive problems
I am running Outlook 2003 on Windows XP Pro. I have 2 email accounts set up. One is an Exchange 5.5 account. The other is a POP3 account. I have offline folders set up. I have set up the option to synchronize upon exiting. When I exit Outlook (while online), it goes through the Send/Receive dialog box, and there are no errors. But when I check my mail offline, new messages are not avaialable. I have made sure to check all folders that I want available offline. Even when manually hitting the Send/Receive button, it does the same thing. The only way I have been able to successfully syn...

Enter/Tab not functioning
We have a customer who recently upgraded to GP v 10.0. They are having random issues with the User Preferences for the Tab/Enter key. On certain instances when the User logs into GP, he is unable to use either Tab or Enter to move through fields - he has to go into User Preferences and click OK - it lasts as long as he is logged in but on the next day, he has to repeat the process. Has anyone else experienced this type of issue? He reports that it is random and has happened to several users in GP. Thank you! ...

Outlook 2007 Security Notice Pop-up
I had previously written a number of Outlook template files (.oft) that I had linked to a toolbar on my Outlook 2003 desktop. (This is on my employer's computer). When I wanted to send a "canned" email message, I simply clicked on the toolbar, my template opened up, I filled in the blanks and sent out the message. Then my company upgraded to Office 2007. The toolbar with the template files still works, except now when I click on a button to launch a template I get this pop-up that says "Microsoft Office Outlook Security Notice. Microsoft Office has identified a p...

Outlook Owner
Can anyone help me, I'm having trouble removing a name in the task part of my outlook application. I'm trying to remove a friends name and replace it with my own. When I go to put in a new task his name appears as the owner. I don't know how his name got there and when I try to remove it, I get this message "You must be in a public folder to change the Qwner field of a task. The original owner name will be restore." If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated. Is this a task folder in public folders or in your mailbox? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook...

Assiging Tasks via the POP mailboxes under Outlook 2002 & 2003
Hi, We've been trying to assign Tasks to each other (2 people) via POP Mailboxes. The assigning seems fine, but when a TRask is assigned back and forward several times we both end up with multiple Tasks... the most recently Accepted one, plus ealier versions which remain as "Waiting Response from Assignee". What are we missing? ps. I did read in these discussions that we both need to have RTF format selected which we both do have. ...

reading confirmation

Windows Vista and Outlook Client
Hello everybody We just upgraded to Windows Vista and are using Outlook 2003 SP2. When we were running XP on the machine, we installed the Desktop Client for Outlook and everything was running fine. Right now, when we open Outlook we get the message "An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality. Try restarting Microsoft Outlook. Contact your system administrator if errors persist." How do we solve this? Hopefully it won't have anything to do with us using Outlook 2003 and not 2007, we don't want to upgrade it right now unless it is completely necessary. Thank ...