re-downloading mail on Outlook 2003

I just upgraded from Office 97 to Office 2003.  Using
Outlook 97, my wife and I were able to use different
computers but share one email account.  The same mail was
downloaded to each PC one time.  Now, the same mail gets
downloaded over and over again on each PC.  I obviously
can choose to delete the mail from the server so that it
only gets read once, but then the second PC will never
see it.  How can I get the same behavior from Outlook
2003 that I used to have?  Reading 500 messages every 10
minutes makes the upgrade really unusable.
0
anonymous (74717)

Try creating a new mail profile on each computer and see if that fixes the
problem.  In-place upgrades using the old profile from previous Outlook
versions seems to be very problematic in Outlook 2003.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:034401c3d274$590efe60$a501280a@phx.gbl,
ira wrote:

> I just upgraded from Office 97 to Office 2003.  Using
> Outlook 97, my wife and I were able to use different
> computers but share one email account.  The same mail was
> downloaded to each PC one time.  Now, the same mail gets
> downloaded over and over again on each PC.  I obviously
> can choose to delete the mail from the server so that it
> only gets read once, but then the second PC will never
> see it.  How can I get the same behavior from Outlook
> 2003 that I used to have?  Reading 500 messages every 10
> minutes makes the upgrade really unusable.

And if that doesn't work, could you turn on diagnostic logging (see
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q300479) and post
the OPMLog.log file (as an attachment) after you've done several
send/receives.

--
Jeff Stephenson
Outlook Development

"Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]" <jfiorelloNOSPAM@mvps.org> wrote in
message news:#pwQ62w0DHA.1916@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Try creating a new mail profile on each computer and see if that fixes the
> problem.  In-place upgrades using the old profile from previous Outlook
> versions seems to be very problematic in Outlook 2003.
>
> --
> Jocelyn Fiorello
> MVP - Outlook
>
> *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please
> reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***
>

> In news:034401c3d274$590efe60$a501280a@phx.gbl,
> ira wrote:
>
> > I just upgraded from Office 97 to Office 2003.  Using
> > Outlook 97, my wife and I were able to use different
> > computers but share one email account.  The same mail was
> > downloaded to each PC one time.  Now, the same mail gets
> > downloaded over and over again on each PC.  I obviously
> > can choose to delete the mail from the server so that it
> > only gets read once, but then the second PC will never
> > see it.  How can I get the same behavior from Outlook
> > 2003 that I used to have?  Reading 500 messages every 10
> > minutes makes the upgrade really unusable.

0
stephenson (1245)

Re-arranging table using pivot-table?

No longer download messages via outlook
I find that i can no longer download messages, even thoughmy account setting are correct, (Outlook Expresss has no problems using the same settings!!!). problems seemed to manifest themselves after installing XP SP2 and some other fixes. Trevor Pratt <pratty@ntlworld.com> wrote: > I find that i can no longer download messages, even thoughmy account > setting are correct, (Outlook Expresss has no problems using the same > settings!!!). problems seemed to manifest themselves after installing > XP SP2 and some other fixes. Try turning off the Windows firewall and see if...

Sending mail #12
How can I delay the time when sending e-mail? I want all my e-mail to be in the Outbox folder at least 5 minutes and not being sent inmidiately. This will depend somewhat on what version of Outlook you are using. If you would go to Tools-->Send Receive Settings-->Define Send/Receive Groups you should be able to adjust the time to perform an automatic send/receive while also un-checking the "Send immediately" check box so that it stages in the Outbox for the allotted time you have set. Hope this helps. Junior "Slyke" <diegodsl@yahoo.com> wrote in message n...

Outlook 2007 Crashes when opening in Windows 7 64 bit
The computer is new with windows 7. I downloaded Office 2007 standard a month ago. It has been working fine. Yesterday i was downloading old printer drivers and my machine took a "critical update" from Microsoft. After that my Outlook would not open. It would start to open and rthen crash with the error message "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window." All other MSD Office programs are working fine. Any suggestions? ...

Outlook Oddity
I just did a clean install of WinXP Pro SP2 + all updates on a new harddrive. I then installed Office 2003 and all updates. I then associated my pst file to the new Outlook install. The PST is 81 MB and I straightened out the Contacts, so that they come up correctly for new emails. The problem is...Outlook Today. If I go into customizations and set the checkbox to open to 'Outlook Today', it seems to save, but as soon as I close and reopen, the changes are gone. Also, each time I go through these motions, a new incident of 'Outlook Today' appears under 'Messages'...

Damn the accept/change downloaded transactions feature!!!
I recently upgraded from Money 2001 to Money 2004 and I HATE IT! My favorite feature of Money was the ability to download all my transactions electronically from my bank, and then decide how they would be categorized and entered into my account register. Now it's so much more complicated with this "Accept/Change" stuff!!! I realize this has been around since Money 2002, but I'm just experiencing this horror now. I HATE the way it just puts new transactions right into your register! And what the heck does "Accept" or "Change" mean anyway? Do they mean...

move e-mails to the Exchange inbox
Hi. I have installed an Exchange server in an office. I don't have much experience about this. Then, the users have their oulooks with old e-mails, and I need to put all these mails into their new Exchange mailbox. Then, in the Outlook I have two inboxes, one for the old account and one for the new Exchange mailbox. So, I copy all mails from the old account and paste them in the new mailbox and so, Outlook copies them, but after that it starts to move them back to the old mailbox. What is the best way to pass all their e-mails from their Outlook to the Exchange mailbox? Thanks,...

enter network password in Outlook 2003
Using Outlook 2003. I have my email set up to SEND/RECEIVE every 5 mins but i keep getting the ENTER NETWORK PASSWORD / USER NAME dialog box up and its driving me mad. All my setting look ok so I cant see why this is happening. I use btinternet/yahoo as my isp. Have spoken to BT broadband net help who advise me that they DONT support Outlook. PLEASE HELP me to sort this out Do you have more than one account configured with the same server? Does it work when you enter your password or does it continue to prompt? Also see; For all Outlook versions on Windows XP (just ignore the par...

Re-install Outlook 2002

Re-Enable CRM User

Outlook rules wizard replies using From field instead of Reply-To address
This is regarding Outlook 2007 and its rules wizard. We have a mail folder with hundreds of emails that were sent on behalf of people. So the "From" and "Reply-To" are different. We created a rule so that we can reply to all of these people but the rules wizard onto uses the From filed when it processes the messages instead of the Reply-To field. This behavior only happens with the rules wizard, we can go through each email, click reply, and get the Reply-To address just fine. I understand there was an article posted by Microsoft about this issue however it was in 2003. I...

pdf reader not working anymore while previewing e-mail
For whatever reason, why I preview an e-mail, I can preview a pix, a doc, but not a pdf file anymore...what happened? What can I do to fix this problem? thank you, Joel gjoelfranco@gmail.com ...

Downloading old statements
I set up Money 2004 to download my credit card statements. For one of my accounts, however, I accidentally set it up so that it only downloaded the most recent statement, rather than all the statements from this past year. Is it possible for me to download these old statements? The help and KB don't appear to address this issue. THanks. ...

Problems setting up SSL on Exchange 2003 Front End server
Hi, I've had a 2-node 2003 cluster running for a while now. I'm just in the process of setting up a FE server for this. I've installed it and got it running, and all looks ok, but now I've come to setting up SSL I'm running into problems. I have installed a an Enterprise Root CA on a server in the forest root. The Exchange servers are all running in the sub-domain of this. I've followed the instructions found on this website: http://tinyurl.com/4xa74 All seems to go well up until step 14 of the section called "Creating the Certificate Request". I get ...

How to get to my e-mail acct., check own mail?
Just signed up with Micrssoft S&T 2003 Edition and had to get a Net. Passport e-mail address! Need to get to that E-MAIL account and verify so I can start using my 2003 Edition. I was told on signing up to do this "next". And how in the future to check my e-mails (what site to enter, example: Yahoo/mail.com)? Go to www.hotmail.com and sign in with your net passport. You should have set up the Hotmail acct. first, but you can probably do it now. Just use the same info. You might have to go back and redo the activation for MS S&T (?) "minnesota deer hunter" wro...

Unable to Send Receipt
Outlook Express does not send a receipt when people request one. It tries, but gives an error message like "Outlook was unable to send the receipt." "Regina" wrote in news:010801c3baf7$3cea6ab0$a001280a@phx.gbl: > Outlook Express does not send a receipt when people > request one. It tries, but gives an error message > like "Outlook was unable to send the receipt." This newsgroup is for Outlook. It is NOT for Outlook *EXPRESS*. Outlook is a component of the Office family of products. Outlook Express is a component of Internet Explorer. Repost in...

Mail sent to a DL with External addresses
We have just upgraded from 5.5 to 2003 sp2 and we now have an issue were. We created two new distributions list this week. Mail sent to these DL's with External addresses does not get delivered to all addresses, some, but not all, and it is not consistent. All of our old DL's still work. Any one else experience this? Can you provide any more information. Such as the NDRs that are being generated? Nue "Stacey" <Stacey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30CCA963-E51A-40E8-9581-ED2EDD24CB40@microsoft.com... > We have just upgraded from 5.5 to 2003 ...

Ex5.5 to EX2003 migrate what to do with MS mail connector/Connector for cc:Mail
Hi, I'm trying to remove the old Ex 5.5 server but some things are not clear to me: -Created an Internet mail SMTP connector at the new Ex2003 server and deleted the old Ex5.5 Internet mail connector (in/outbound mail flow works great). But what should be done with the MS mail connector/Connector for cc:Mail, can it be deleted and recreated at the new Ex2003 server? -Moved all USER mail boxes and rehomed public/system folders successful to the new EX2003 server, but should I move the "Microsoft Exchange server mailbox manager for (servername)", "Microsoft Schedule...

State field not working in Mail Merge
I tried doing a mail merge for labels from a list of accounts; however the State/Province field will not display. Has anyone else run into this or have a solution? Thanks. ...

RE:Excel will not open from a web link

Connect Windows 7 to SBS 2003
Spent the last eight hours trying to connect my W7 workstation to a fresh install of SBS 2003 premium. When running http://server/connectcomputer/, I would get as far as providing a username and password for setup when a popup would inform me, "The list of users and computers could not be found. Make sure that the Small Business Server network adapters are configured correctly.". I have only one NIC, I can see the shared folders on my server and even connect to them. My server is not running DHCP or DNS and I think these might be my problem. I did run windows update and...

Outlook 2000 or XP on Exchange 2003 SBS
it appears that the only way Outlook XP and 2000 users can receive their emails is when they highlight an email already in their inbox. For instance, if they are in their Word program and they look into their Outlook, without highlighting an email on their inbox, it would show that they have not receive any emails. However, the moment they highlight an email in their inbox, then they'll receive about 5 emails that appears to have been in some type of queue. It's obvious that they were in there for quite a while because of the time that they were sent. Are these client run...

How do i change my file from a 2003 office doument to a 2000 docu.
i have done this before with a word document but i dont seem to be able to figure out how to do it with a publisher document.... can anybody help?? File, save as, files of type, expand the menu to Publisher 2000. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "me" <me@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E89A2FF9-20DD-4568-980F-73162AE7AB8A@microsoft.com... >i have done this before with a word document but i dont seem to be able to > figure out how to do it with a publisher document.... can anybody he...

Re: exmerge error