Random errors with attachments

We have three users who are getting random errors with
attachments.  All three are using Outlook 2002 with
Windows 2000.  The error occurs when adding attachments to
a new e-mail as well as opening attachments that they
receive.  The error they get is "Can't create file: <file
name>.  Right-click the folder you want to create the file
in, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu to
check your permissions for the folder."  We've tried
everything we can think of to resolve this issue
(reinstall Office, reinstall Outlook, recreate the user's
profile on Windows 2000, etc.).  And, when opening
attachments that all three receive, one might have
problems while the other two can open the attachment.
Later, the user who previously had problems can open it,
or the problem is reversed with the other two having
problems and the first working just fine.  Any suggestions
on what we can do to resolve this?

Microsoft Outlook uses a temporary folder to save and open th
attachments. By default that folder is:
C:\Documents and Settings\%USER_NAME%\Local Settings\Temporary Interne
Files\OLK#\ (where # is a random number)
Some of the latest security updates for Windoes 2000 and XP ar
preventing folders to be created in that folder. The solution is to us
the regular TEMP folder.
1. Using REGEDIT.EXE locate the following key:
My Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Security
Note: Depending on your version you may have to modify that path afte
the "Office" key. You may have folders 8.0, 9.0, 10.0, 11.0, go th
highest number. This is probably the version that you use.
2. Modify the Key "OutlookSecureTempFolder", by replacing "Temporar
Internet Files" with "Temp". For example:
OLD VALUE: C:\Documents and Settings\kamen\Local Settings\Temporar
Internet Files\OLK177\ (you may have different number than 177)
NEW VALUE: C:\Documents and Settings\kamen\Local Settings\Temp\OLK177\
3. Restart Microsoft Outlook

--
mad4luckPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup acces

0
mad4luck

Random
How to get random numbers random(0xff) ? int RandomNumber = (rand() * 0xff) / RAND_MAX; -- Bjarne Nielsen "]GHO[" <yousefk@taux01.nsc.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:0b6a01c3a84c$5733a890$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How to get random numbers random(0xff) ? rnd()%0x100; or rnd() & 0xff; Ruben On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 04:07:13 -0800, "]GHO[" <yousefk@taux01.nsc.com> wrote: >How to get random numbers random(0xff) ? ...

Improved Error Handling Messages/Supporting documentation
The level of error handling messages within CRM 3.0 is mostly at a summary level and means that troubleshooting and investigation timeframes becomes unnecessarily lengthened. For example in trying to import campaign responses the error message under Activities\Bulk Import\Failures\"Data in row did not match the import type" 0x8004032d Unfortunately this error message does not indicate which field is erroring out on so trying to troubleshoot somethign which in principle appears fairly simple becomes an onerous task - and is hit/miss in terms of success. Is it possible to prov...

error message #103
why do I get fxsext32.dll error message all the time in Outlook 2007 b "Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB2B5260-B5DB-4C72-9471-9671EFEB503B@microsoft.com... > why do I get fxsext32.dll error message all the time in Outlook 2007 b What "error message"? Please post the error message IN FULL. We don't have crystal balls...... Michael <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > why do I get fxsext32.dll error message all the time in Outlook 2007 b See if this helps: http://www.smartcomputing.com/techsupport/...

Error on Deposit
Just completed a deposit and when posting is attempted, we received an error message: A remove operation on table 'CM_Deposit_Work_Totals' failed because the record couldn't be locked" Tried again and received message "Error message 3571 does not exist" Closed the deposit window and opened it again and received the message "A get/change operation on table 'CM_Checkbook_MSTR' failed. A record was already locked" Anyone have any ideas on this? Thanks in Advance! ...

Random Numbers not Random
When I create random numbers for an application with the following code, they do not appear to be truely random. Me.RandomNumber = Int(9 * Rnd + 1) ' Random Number 1-9 If I have two users setting side by side, they frequently get the same results when they start up Am I missing somthing? Any help would be appreciated -- Frank Wagner fwagner111@aol.com Frank, Have you tried a Randomize statement just before the RND? That should do it. -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html "Find a job tha...

Debug Error!
When opening MS Outlook 2002, I get the following errror. Have installed all the latest patches, done a repair. I continue to get the same error. Running Win XP. Norton AV 2004 Pro. (with all the updates) Error is: Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library Debug error! Program: C:\Program~1\Micros~2Office10\Outlook.exe Abnormal program termination (press retry to debug the application) Abort Retry Ignore Program will eventually close not matter what the choice is. After reopening will open OK???? Any sudgestions??? ...

Exchange server randomly asking random users to Authenticate randomly...
Has anyone had a problem like this where a user is in their Exchange mailbox using Outlook 2003 and the server prompts them for their credentials? If they hit cancel and exit out of Outlook and run it again it lets them into their mailbox. Thank you, Benjamin Pls make sure the outlook 2003 Client does not using Cache mode If is ,pls clearn this option -- Jammy "Benjamin Chan" <bchan[pleasenospam]@controlproductsinc.com> ���g��l��s�D :#BxdizrtEHA.3972@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Has anyone had a problem like this where a user is in their Exchange mailbox > using Outlo...

Generating Correlated Random Values in Excel
Hi Mike, Thanks so much for your advice. I think that I have it figured out, but can you confirm this for me? I can't afford to screw this up. If mean(inflation) = .031 stdev(inflation) = .047 mean(stock return) = .106 stdev(stock return) = .204 Column Headers: A B C D 1 Z1 Z2 Inflation Stock Return Data Generation Formulas A2 =NORMINV(RAND(),0,1) B2 =NORMINV(RAND(),0,1) C2 =0.031+0.047*A2 D2 =0.106+0.204*(A2*rho+B2*(1-rho^2)^0.5) Are these formulas correct to generate the random data? Particularly cell D2. Does this give me a complete value that t...

random pages
I have developed pages that randomly define a set of normal lung function data based on gender, age and height. I have applied formulas to this data simulate 5 classic lung function abnormalities (normal, restrictive, obstructive, mixed and early obstructive.) Currently the sheets that define the abnormal are named by one of the above lung abnormalities. I would like to present data from random pages in a work book to students and rather than have the pages named by the abnormality be named a simulated patient name. My questions. Can I have the name of a sheet set to equal data from to ...

Error 4605
I'm getting an error in Word 2007 when I try to close a document. The error is: Run-time error 4605 This method or property is not available because the document is a protected document. Can someone tell me how to approach this? I don't believe that the document contains macros -- just a protected form. Thank you. ...

Error 13 Type Mismatch 03-07-10
Need help solving a type mismatch error on the following code: Many thanks! Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) 'Limits the number of records allowed 'based on the field FloorProgMaxObservations If DCount("*", "tblFloorProgAudit", "[AuditID] = _ " & Me.AuditID.Value & "" And _ "[FloorProgCriteriaID] = " & _ Me.FloorProgCriteriaID.Value & "" And _ "[AuditorID] = '" & Me.AuditorID.Value & "'") = _ ...

error bar types
I need a simple explanation for the function of the following error bars types: - Error Bars with Standard Error - Error Bars with Percentage - Error Bars with Standard Deviation Thanks in advance The first and last use error bars computed from statistical measures from the data - you would need a course in elementary stats to understand this. The percentage on use a percentage for the error bars. Example you want to plot with 10% error bars. Say one value is 60 then the error bars will go from ( 60 minus 10% of 60 ) to (60 plus 10% of 60) 60 minus 10% of 60 = 60 - (10/1...

MSCRMDeletionService Error
I have installed CRM 1.2 and am now getting an error (see below) Since we are a Certified partner and not a MBS partner we do not have access to Customer Source or Partner Source. Can any body help? Source: MSCRMDeletionService Type: Error Event ID: 5895 Error: Can't clean up the following tables: Activity. > I have installed CRM 1.2 and am now getting an error (see > below) Since we are a Certified partner and not a MBS > partner we do not have access to Customer Source or > Partner Source. Can any body help? > > Source: MSCRMDeletionService > Type: Error &g...

Error when importing Contact customizations
We just did a new install of CRM 3.0 on the test environment, when trying to import the Contact customizations from the live environment we get an error message: 'The attribute map is invalid. The selected attributes should be of the same type. The length of the target attribute should be equal or greater than the length of the source attribute and the formats should match. The target attribute should not be used in another mapping.' any ideas? Thanks, Dev The key question is what sort of customisations did you make on your live environment. For example, have you changed any len...

Mail Enabled Public Folder Error Message
Migrating from Exchange 5.5 to 2003 same Organization. Migrated my mailbox and all works OK. The only issue that I have is when I send a message to a mail enabled public folder. I get... testinbox on 6/29/2005 1:02 PM The message was undeliverable because the recipient specified has changed address permanently and forwarding was not applicable <server.domaincom #5.1.6> I tried moving the public folder to the 2003 server and still get the message. ...

Random Distribution
I need to randomly order numbers from a list or range of consecutive whole numbers, such that each number is listed only once. Can this be done in excel using functions, formulas or whatever? I want to incorporate it into a spreadsheet with a macro to automatically generate the list and use it to randomly designate selected entries. "Rick via OfficeKB.com" wrote: > I need to randomly order numbers from a list or range of consecutive whole > numbers, such that each number is listed only once. Can this be done in > excel using functions, formulas or whatever? I want to...

Event Log Error 3018 MSExchangeTransport
I get heaps of these in my exchange 2003 server application event log Event ID: 301 Source: MSExchangeTranspor Category: ND A non-delivery report with a status code of 5.4.0 was generated for recipient rfc822;alison@mydomain.net (Message-ID <73h179e4pz4d$ax2a82d8$wz1760j6@JPMO70>). Causes: This message indicates a DNS problem or an IP address configuration problem Solution: Check the DNS using nslookup or dnsq. Verify the IP address is in IPv4 literal format They seem to be just NDRs for SPAM addresses so I don't even want to see them in the log Normal email is all working per...

Great Pl error after 2003 SP1
Hi, We have a box with Win2003 (no SP) and SQL 2K sp 3a that was upgraded right after the winpnp virus. We have put SP1 on the OS and SQL SP4 on the SQL2K and then after GP users cannot submit purchase. They are getting this error: We are sorry but we are unable to process your request: The store is unable to process one or more items in your order. Please go back, correct the error and try again. Any ideas? Thanks Folks Ata ...

Msimn error #2
When replying to an e-mail message, I get an error message, "Msimn caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at 017f:bff7117e" and it closes the application. What is this and how to fix it? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=mic...

CRM Outlook Error #2
One of my crm users tags alot of his email new and responses. Wy would he be getting the error below when there hasn't been a change in his securtity settings. Nor are other users with the same security settings getting the same error. What do i need to check? Outlook Error(on replying): "An error occurred promting this item to Microsoft Dynamics CRM. The MIcrosoft Dynamics CRM server could not be contacted or the user has insufficient permissions to perform this action." ...

Out of memory error #2
Hi I have a Compaq D330 with 4GB RAM but when I try to open a 110MB Excel file, it fails and I get an out of memory error. How do I fix this - I obviously have enough memory!? Paul Wow! That's a big workbook. You might want to read Charles Williams' notes on memory usage: http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimits.htm Paul Tucknott wrote: > > Hi > > I have a Compaq D330 with 4GB RAM but when I try to open a 110MB Excel file, > it fails and I get an out of memory error. > > How do I fix this - I obviously have enough memory!? > > Paul -- Dave Pete...

How to Retrieve Random Records through webservice method
Hi All, I'm writing an application that retrieve records from CRM 3.0 automatically using the web service. My question is, is there any way we can retrieve records randomly by using any webservice method? Like we can use RAND() or NEWID() to achieve this in SQL. Please help me if you have any idea about it. My sample method code is given below: CrmService service = new CrmService(); RetrieveMultipleRequest request2 = new RetrieveMultipleRequest(); // Create the ConditionExpression object. ConditionExpression condition = new ConditionExpression...

Calendar Permissions Errors
I have Exchange 2000 SP3. All my users share their calendars. The receptionist is usually the one who maintains others calendars. Adding appts, etc (it's a Dr office). Anyway my problem is that whenever a new user is created (in this case a new receptionist) and they are given access to everyones elses calendars they cannot access all the items on the calendar even though they've been given Editor rights in OutlookXP. Outlook will popup an Access Denied error and will only show the recurring appointments. The current receptionist does not have any issues with the calendars...

syntax error missing operator-open frm to spec. record
Here is my code attached to the onclick event of a command button: Private Sub Command12_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command12_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String stDocName = "Jeff Employee Info with Sched" DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , "[man name]=" & Me!JeffSchedLookAheadGenerate.Form!cbomanname DoCmd.Maximize Exit_Command12_Click: Exit Sub Err_Command12_Click: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_Command12_Click End Sub I am trying to navigate to Jeff Employee info with Sched form to ...

SFO error?
Has any one seen this before. From the event log on the client MSCRM Platform Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: The owner SID on a per-user subscription doesn't exist Error Message: The owner SID on a per-user subscription doesn't exist Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Source File: Not available Line Number: Not available Stack Trace Info: at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() at Syste...