Quicken Newsgroups

    Are there Quicken Newsgroups available for Outlook users?

0
oldred1 (52)

Quicken #2
Does Quicken handle vesting in 401k accounts? Yes. I switched from Money 2005 Premium to Quicken 2005 Premium and love it... The ads are fewer and farer between; no passport logon and no clunky, slow web-based interface. I regularly monitor the Money news group to see what's going on... JS "Jody Miller" <jodyemberly@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:iXMIe.2143$J7.1958@fe07.lga... > Does Quicken handle vesting in 401k accounts? > > > What was the conversion process like? I have about 8 years of data, how much of it will I have to reenter manual...

Quicken covert
Please can anyone give me some advice? I have been a Quicken user for many years, but I have now been informed by Intuit that after Jan 31st 2005 they will no longer support Quicken. Therefore I have purchased MS Money 2005 Premium. I am using an XP machine with Quicken XG and as I have said MS Money 2005. I have tried to convert the Quicken file, but Money fails to convert many of the Categories, I have also exported each account out of Quicken and used the restore account function in Money to import the QIF file, this has proved a little more successful however there are still ...

Quicken
Can RMS dump to Quiken via a QIF file or similar? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0280_01C6DD6F.AE32C8F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Mickie, No. only QuickBooks --=20 * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader = to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, = follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open with = newsreader" under the MS Retail Management System ...

installing the newsgroup newsreader
The instructions say: "In the Commands list, click News, and drag it, without releasing the mouse, until it rests over the Go menu. When the menu displays a list of commands, point to where you want the command to appear, and then release the mouse." Well, the menu never "displays a list of commands." So now what, Microsoft? Also, [rhetorical] why can't Outlook have the same basic features as outlook express including picture viewing in pane and a newsgroup reader and why can't the Contacts work more like a basic contact database with sinmple grouping features, e...

Newsgroups 01-10-10
Trying to set up newsgroups in Outlook 2007. I followed the instructions in help . . . toolbar options > add/remove > customize > categories > go. My problem is that there is no News in the list shown. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Rick Morrison Version of Windows? The news command doesn't work in Windows 7 - all it does is bring up OE or Mail anyway. Win7 doesn't include a mail/news client so you need to install windows live mail or other nntp client. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &...

It wont forget Quicken
I converted Quicken 2001 to Money 2002 and the browser is still telling me Quicken 2001. It *was* a long time ago now and I do want to forget Quicken, also I am considering upgrading to M2003 (UK) so I would like to sort it before doing that, but how? I just want it to be referring to Money not Quicken. Can I buy an upgrade to 2002? (UK) or do I have to buy the retail 2003? -- Old Grizzly http://www.cadskill.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/london/ "Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." - Mahatma Gandhi The browser is telling you? Where is this and w...

Does Outlook 2000 have newsgroup access?
Just migrated to outlook 2000 from OE, but can't understand why there doesn't seem to be NG access when crappy old OE has it. Or am I missing something? You have access in outlook to newstoups, But it uses OE for browsing NG's , don't ask me why. "as mellow as a horse" <mail@MICKmoss42.fslife.co.uk> wrote in message news:brge9l$uen$1@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk... > Just migrated to outlook 2000 from OE, but can't understand why there > doesn't seem to be NG access when crappy old OE has it. Or am I missing > something? > > Its just the w...

Quicken
Can anyone help me load Quicken 2001 on my new Dell PC with Windows XP? I go to install and the computer hangs. What can I do? Matt On "Matt" <Matthew.Olson@fuse.net> wrote: >Can anyone help me load Quicken 2001 on my new Dell PC >with Windows XP? I go to install and the computer hangs. >What can I do? Did you try doing CTRL ALT DEL and stopping all processes except Explorer and Systray. -------------------------------------------- To send me e-mail exorcise NO Spam from my e-mail address. -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =--...

Switching from Quicken
I've used Quicken Home & business for years but want to try Money. Which version of Money should I buy? Will Money Premium be sufficient for personal & small busiess, or do I need to buy personal & small business? Thanks You definitely need Money Small Business 2004. No other version of Money handles any business transactions. >-----Original Message----- >I've used Quicken Home & business for years but want to >try Money. Which version of Money should I buy? Will >Money Premium be sufficient for personal & small busiess, >or do I need ...

Quicken'04 to Money (Trial) did not transfer any transactions or balances
After going thru the install, and conversion of Q'04 to Money, Money re-created all the accounts, and on the confirmation dialogue box it reported(correctly ) the account balances that it would import. However, none of the transactions showed up, and all the account balances are equal to zero. I imported the data file, as well as attempted to bring in the QIF(but shouldn't have had to). Got an error message. Any suggestions? Pierre Since M04 doesn't support conversion of Q04 files, I'm surprised you got anything. "Yippy" <yippy@snippy.net> wrote in mes...

Converting Quicken
In Quicken I have two "qdf" files, one for Personal and one for Corporation. Is it not possible to migrate both of these into Money? I can convert either one using the wizard but if I then try to add the other one it just replaces the first. Peter In microsoft.public.money, Peter wrote: >In Quicken I have two "qdf" files, one for Personal and one for Corporation. >Is it not possible to migrate both of these into Money? I can convert either >one using the wizard but if I then try to add the other one it just replaces >the first. Convert one. Rename ...

Transfer info from Quicken???
I recently got a new computer which had Money 2004. I haved tried to get all the info from my accounts in Quicken into Money. Their names are all listed but there are no transactions. The directions were very hard to follow and would appreciate some easier directions on how I do this. What version of Quicken? -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedba...

Live mail and newsgroups
Greetings to you all! I'm using WLM to access the newgroups only. How can I have the newsgroups page by default, instead of clicking "Ctrl + shift + L"? Thanks for any help Keep well! JL Glory to whom, having no hallowed ideals, merely tries not to suck his felloman too much! WARNING: this philosophical (?) statement implies no irreverence whatsoever to the bloke next door! "JL" <jean.lavie@gmail.com> wrote in message news:u$7$KcqbKHA.1592@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Greetings to you all! > I'm using WLM to access the newgroups...

Quicken Convert
NBR on PBS suggested Money05 is now a better app than Quicken. After I downloaded the trial off the web, I followed the instructions to "validate" the .qdf file, but it still hung up my fairly powerful desktop, twice. I then reduced the size of the file from 10 MB to 5 MB by creating a year-end copy (only 2004 transactions). I now receive this message. ------------------------------------------- Your Quicken file could not be converted. Money could not convert your Quicken file. You might have run out of disk space or system memory. Try closing other programs and making sur...

Quicken?
Being a little frustrated with the latest version of Money, I was wondering if any others are considering a move to (or back to) Quicken? I've taken a look at Quicken 2004/2005 Premium and it seems to offer some excellent improvements over both Money 2004 and 2005 with regards to Investment tracking. For example, in the Portfolio view, you can click on Performance and see a very nice summary comparison of your performance vs the indexes over time. Clicking on Analysis gives a nice overview of all of your funds/stocks and their Morningstar ratings, etc. Can anyone comment on what ...

sending an example to excel newsgroup
I'm pasting a portion of an Excel spreadsheet to the newsgroup email I'm sending, but it converts to an attachment and does not get posted. I have pasted the Excel sample as a picture, bitmap and direct but each one converts to an attachment. Is there a way of including a portion of an Excel spreadsheet as an example to ones newsgroup question? Thanks, Gary On Tue, 3 Apr 2007 23:35:53 -0500, "cox ng \(1\)" <allge@cox.net> wrote: >I'm pasting a portion of an Excel spreadsheet to the newsgroup email I'm >sending, but it converts to an attachment...

Conversion from Quicken
MS made it sound so simple. It looks like I will have to recreate all my investment stuff. A greater question: Why did Money only import my checking activity from the last 30 or so days? I would like to have the whole year, at least. Does anyone have any suggestions? In microsoft.public.money, Doctorjimbo wrote: >MS made it sound so simple. It looks like I will have to >recreate all my investment stuff. A greater question: Why >did Money only import my checking activity from the last >30 or so days? I would like to have the whole year, at >least. Does anyone have any s...

old newsgroups
What folder in Vista home premium contains the newsgroups you visit? Windows 95 and 98 had a windows system folder that kept the names of the newsgroups until you deleted them...Thanks "Bill Walsh" <wwalsh7740@optimum.net> wrote in message news:%231v2QulhKHA.1456@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > What folder in Vista home premium contains the newsgroups you visit? > Windows 95 and 98 had a windows system folder that kept the names of the > newsgroups until you deleted them...Thanks What are you wanting to do? The folder that WM uses is at C:\Users\*your us...

Quicken questions
I know this isn't a Quicken newsgroup, but I can't locate another potential source of basic information on Quicken. I just bought and installed Quicken Starter Edition and imported my MS Money files. This went very well except for a couple of minor problems. The import process for my checking account failed to import those Electronic Funds Transfer entries from my checking account to my broker, that I had in my Money files. There weren't but a few of these and I was able to key them into Quicken manually. The Quicken account now balances with my Money account to the penny. All is w...

Newsgroup message formatting question
I'm noticing that when I respond to newsgroup messages the previous message text is not indicated with >>> at the beginning of each line. I opened "Options/Send/Plain Text Settings/indent the original text with ">" when replying or forwarding" and confirmed it's checked. Is this just a bug? Also when I insert a signature the carriage returns are missing. In other words all the text is appearing on the same line instead of multiple lines - another bug? Those are known bugs in the Wave 4 beta. Microsoft is aware of them. Gary Va...

Reducing Spam Associated with Posting to Newsgroups
Due to a recent increase in spam sent to posters in newsgroups, Microsoft advises that newsgroup participants should consider avoiding posting to newsgroups using their real email address. Microsoft is also committed to continuing to address the issue of spam from a technological perspective. To help avoid receiving unwanted messages (spam) in your regular e-mail account, you may not want to include your regular e-mail address when you post a question or reply to a post in a discussion group. Instead you may want to do one of the following: * Use a modified e-mail address: Use a different v...

Photos on this newsgroup?
Can I post photos/links (photobucket) to this newsgroup to help show what I mean in my post. It is to help with the added (used) HDD to another PC. Many thanks Steve moonraker said this on 12/16/2009 5:43 PM: > Can I post photos/links (photobucket) to this newsgroup to help show what I > mean in my post. > > It is to help with the added (used) HDD to another PC. > > Many thanks > > Steve > > Its not that you can't, it's that you are requested not to. This is not supposed to be a binaries newsgroup, and binaries take...

Money / Quicken / Quicken Home Inventory Manager
Is any of Money's Home Inventory data transferred? No. You have to create an asset account and put it in there. There is = a=20 Quicken Home Inventory Manager that you can buy but I haven't yet. "Brent" <undefined> wrote in message=20 news:uilU7qCWKHA.4780@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... Is any of Money's Home Inventory data transferred?=20 SteveC wrote: > No. You have to create an asset account and put it in there. There > is a Quicken Home Inventory Manager that you can buy but I haven't > yet. There is a free Quicken Home Inventory module; not so...

Unable to import Quicken file to Money
I am trying to import my QUICKEN 2004 data file (QDATA.QDF) into Money 2004. I followed all the directions and validated the QDATA file first, but NOTHING imports. All I get are messages that indicate "Your Quicken file contained invalid transaction types". The only transactions I have are account (Checking and Savings) transactions - debits and credits. I have tried this a number of times, and downloaded all updates to Money, but nothing ever converts. Can anyone help? You can not import Q2004 into M2004. You'll have to wait a few more days and then import it into M2...

Quicken gets the Editor's Choice this year
Quicken 2006 review http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1996812,00.asp Money 2007 review: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1996582,00.asp Bruce. "Bruce Chastain" <bchastain@XNOSPAMXhyperfeed.com> wrote in message news:uaP6zrjtGHA.476@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Quicken 2006 review That should have said Quicken 2007 review, not 2006, but the links are correct. Bruce. So scanning in documents is the key ingredient. Yikes. Next we need it to add a voice recorder so it can record and store your ugly calls with the phone company to sort out billing errors. Maybe ...