I have two questions about OL2003:

1. Word is set as default editor.  In replying message, sometimes I will get
extra lines on hitting Enter.  It makes more space between paragraphs.  Is
there any way to insert one line with one Enter?

2. I'd like to have special effect in replying text message sometimes, such
as change color of font, but it cannot be done unless changing the message
format to be rich text or HTML.  If I uncheck Word as default editor, there
is an option in menu.  What is it about with Word as editor?

Thanks,

Charles

1 - Check the paragraph spacing settings especially since you're using Word
2 - Plain Text doesn't allow effects anyway (hence the 'Plain' part) so the
editor shouldn't allow them

"Charles Leung" <charles@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message

> I have two questions about OL2003:
>
> 1. Word is set as default editor.  In replying message, sometimes I will
> get extra lines on hitting Enter.  It makes more space between paragraphs.
> Is there any way to insert one line with one Enter?
>
> 2. I'd like to have special effect in replying text message sometimes,
> such as change color of font, but it cannot be done unless changing the
> message format to be rich text or HTML.  If I uncheck Word as default
> editor, there is an option in menu.  What is it about with Word as editor?

0
vince8328 (2732)

how can i use cond formating to colour an entire column?
I have used conditional formating to highlight a cell in my table, but I would like the entire column to be highlighted. e.g Table has NAME TARGET ACTUAL PERCENT TO TARGET MR O 450 300 66.6% I can highlight Cell D2 (percent to target) using cond format, but can i make the entire colum change colour? >can i make the entire colum change colour? Sure, based on what condition? An entire column can span as many as 1,048,576 rows depending on which version of Excel you're using. Are you *sure* you want to format the *entire column* ? -- Biff...

Backup question

a question and a question

IE8 privacy question

IF AND question

Question about Paste Special

Error messages #5
The following two error messages occur when I try to get mail or send mail. How can I correct the problem. Any assistanc e would be greatly appreciated. #1.The host 'smtp' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'Microsoft Mail server', Server: 'smtp', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D #2.The host 'pop3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'Microsoft Mail server', Server: 'pop3...

csv format changes numbers
I need to save my file in a csv format. When the file is reopenned, some of the numbers are in a date format and others are in exponential format. How can I format the number to keep the numbers from changing format. I have tried various formats before savint the file. In this instance, the numbers represent part numbers and the file is being imported into my business software to update pricing. -- Bob If you are re-opening in Excel, the behaviour you describe is typical. Have you tried opening the *.csv file in Notepad or similar application? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 21 M...

Question

Microsoft Query question

OWA Question #16

Paragraph formating jumps to defaults.
Hi, We are using Office/Outlook 2007 We have an email signature script that is run when users login, it´s working ok except for two things; If the default paragraph settings in Word 2007 for a user matches those in the signature script, the signature will use the "Base defaults" of Word 2007, that is SpaceAfter = 10 and LineSpacing = "Multiple" with a value of 1,15. So if I change the script to use SpaceAfter=0 and the user has set his/her Word 2007 to use SpaceAfter=0, the result will be SpaceAfter=10. If the script is set to SpaceAfter=0 and the us...

VBA//Oracle Interfacing Question

Text Box Question

401K questions

If / Then Question

ROWCOUNT question

Error Message when sending email
I have a client who is running SBS 2003 with Backup Exec 9.1 They are able to send emails to my support email address fine from within outlook. Backup Exec is set to notify me with their backup results but when it tries to send the email to me it comes up with the following: There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <domain name of client #5.5.0 smtp;550 Recipient Not Authorised [recipient rejected due to no authorised destination groups]> Why would it do this when I can send emails to the same address from...

How to keep display format when exporting XML?
First thank you for taking the time to read about my problem. My problem is this. When exporting my xml data, the time/date values loose their display format. A time of 01:30 am, for example, becomes something like 0.001353 when exported.. What do I need to do to keep the same format as is displayed in Excel? It would sure be great if you could help. Kind regards ...

Warning message: The general ledger setup file is empty
Dears ! I get a warning message "The general ledger setup file is empty" when i try to open General Ledger entry screen. Please advise.. It is burinign urget thanks and Best regards Francis francisjk@hotmail.com Have you tried looking at the GL setup? Tools->Setup->Financial->General Ledger (you might need to get someone with rights to this window to check it) -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "francisjk&quo...

Exmerge Question #7

Pivot Table formatting #2
I have a pivot table where I can left click on the fields such as Customer or Sum of Quantity and it highlights all of the cells in that fields row or column in a reverse video and then I can format that data and everything is great. I am working with someone over the phone that when they click on the field, it does not highlight the associated data cells and therefore they can not format the data and save those formats for when they change the pivot table. Any ideas why this might be? We are both using Excel 97. Thanks, Steve To turn on the Enable Selection feature: From the Pivot to...

question about "delete"
I have a pointer: MyWindowClass *p = NULL; p = new MyClass(...); .... delete p; After delete p, does p equal NULL(it is in C++ standard?)? How to decide if p has been deleted? The reason I asked this question is that in my project, there are many code/files use the pointer which I need to determine is it is deleted? Can I use: if(p != NULL) delete p; I guess somewhere p has been deleted, but p still not NULL(possible?), the above code might cause problem. Hi Kathy, I typically just set p to NULL when I delete it: delete p; p = NULL; Then you can check it in other places and ...

How do I keep excel chart "data table" formats in several workbook
I have 1 workbook with the source data that creates serveral charts. The charts have been formated to show "data tables" containing both dollars and percents. I want to take the graphs and split up to various excel workbooks. When I copy the graph tab from the source file into the new workbook, I lose the formatting on the "data tables." Is there a way to copy the graphs to new workbooks while retaining the "data table" formats? I would prefer to not have to maintain the source data within each of the workbooks. The goal is to update the source file wh...