Q: Retrieve Headers Only Fails... Sometimes

Hi there,

Have a little question here.

I use the 'Download Inbox Headers' method to download headers and manually
prone all the various spam messages, but every now and then I get the "your
e-mail server does not support downloading headers" error message even
though it was working fine previously. Then after a few hours of full mail
download (spam and all) I can download headers only again!

My ISP's mail support doesn't seem to have a clue about what's going on, can
anyone give me an answer on what's causing the problem so I can tell them
how to fix the problem (if it's on their end)

Thanks.

0
marauderz (2)

We can't tell you anything since you have provided no useful information.

Version of Outlook?  Type of account?  Did it ever work?  What did you
install/uninstall just prior to it stop working?  Do you have an AV
installed that actively scans your incoming/outgoing mail?  Do you use
Norton for anything?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Marauderz
<marauderz@marauderzTHROWAWAYstuff.com.invalid> asked this group:

| Hi there,
|
| Have a little question here.
|
| I use the 'Download Inbox Headers' method to download headers and
| manually prone all the various spam messages, but every now and then
| I get the "your e-mail server does not support downloading headers"
| error message even though it was working fine previously. Then after
| a few hours of full mail download (spam and all) I can download
| headers only again!
|
| My ISP's mail support doesn't seem to have a clue about what's going
| on, can anyone give me an answer on what's causing the problem so I
| can tell them how to fix the problem (if it's on their end)
|
| Thanks.

0
MillyS (3228)
12/25/2004 10:36:27 PM
I'm using Outlook 2k3.

I failed to mentioned I'm retrieving it via a POP mail server.
I did mention that it works.. then fails... then works so it's a vicious
cycle.
Yes I'm using NAV and I know the problems it causes when it goes down.

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<millys@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
> We can't tell you anything since you have provided no useful information.
>
> Version of Outlook?  Type of account?  Did it ever work?  What did you
> install/uninstall just prior to it stop working?  Do you have an AV
> installed that actively scans your incoming/outgoing mail?  Do you use
> Norton for anything?
>

> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> After furious head scratching, Marauderz
> <marauderz@marauderzTHROWAWAYstuff.com.invalid> asked this group:
>
> | Hi there,
> |
> | Have a little question here.
> |
> | I use the 'Download Inbox Headers' method to download headers and
> | manually prone all the various spam messages, but every now and then
> | I get the "your e-mail server does not support downloading headers"
> | error message even though it was working fine previously. Then after
> | a few hours of full mail download (spam and all) I can download
> | headers only again!
> |
> | My ISP's mail support doesn't seem to have a clue about what's going
> | on, can anyone give me an answer on what's causing the problem so I
> | can tell them how to fix the problem (if it's on their end)
> |
> | Thanks.

0
marauderz (2)

Outlook 2003 keeps closing on message retrieval
Hi, Outlook 2003 (build 11.5608.5703) keeps closing after encountering a problem during the receive task of message send/receive from a POP3 server. On re-start the problem keeps recuring. If I switch to working offline then Outlook stays up until I manualy initiate a send/receive. Any help would be appreciated as I'm all out of ideas. The error signature sent to MS looks as follows: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.5510.0 AppStamp: 3f1380f0 ModName: msmapi32.dll ModVer: 11.0.5601.0 ModStamp: 3f2cc673 fDebug: 0 Offset: 00015427 I've tried running detect and repair and it hasn...

Row & Column headers
We just had Excel 2000 installed on one of our PC screens at work, and although the row and column headers look OK at first, when you click on a cell the respective column and row header, instead of just turning bold, turns italic, bold and strikethrough (yeah, go figure) as well! Is something corrupted or has this been set up specifically, and if so how can I change it? I have tried the font options but they just say "Normal". Indeed, the font *is* normal until you click on that row/column. Steve Wylie Have a look at the defined styles in your default workbook. My own ...

12.0.1 Update Fails: Unable to
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Amazing! I completely flattened my Power PC Powerbook G4 (plenty of RAM 1 G and plenty of disk space). I updated the OS to the most current Apple recommended updates - 10.5.6. I then faithfully installed Microsoft Office 2008 and ran the Autoupdate - updating to the latest Autoupdater and then re-ran the auto-updater. The updater attempted to apply the most recently patches and then it it 12.0.1. 12.0.1 failed with this issue: You cannot install Office 2008 SP1 Update (12.1.0) on this volume. A version of the softwa...

=?Utf-8?Q?Hvordan_=C3=A5bnes_en_csv-fil_i_excel?= =?Utf-8?Q?_2007_=28Office_til_hjemmet_og_stu?= =?Utf-8?Q?di?=
Mit blodtryksapparat leverer data i form af en csv-fil. I min tidligere udgave af Excel (2000) gav det ikke problemer (heller ikke i OpenOffice); men i Excel 2007 åbnes filen i én kolonne - dvs. jeg får ikke oplysningerne fordelt ud i regnearket, så de kan bruges til beregninger af fx gennemsnit. Davs JCTC! Klikk på "Data" Velg ikonet "Fra Tekst" på venstresiden. Du må finne frem til .csv-filen på harddisken. En Wizard som kalles "Text import wizard" kommer frem. Velg "Delimited" og trykk neste. Velg "C...

Another Synchornizing Subforms Q
Okay I have a main form with 2 continous subforms. Subform1 - sbfmClientSearch with a wildcard search by client field. I type "Toy" I get every client that contains this text. I placed a check box so I can select the exact client I want to see details in Subform2. Subform2 - sbfmCustDetail I'm still struggling with the check box and linking the master/child fields. Is this possible? Any suggestions. Create an invisible (visible for testing) TextBox on the MainForm. Set the ControlSource to SubFormControl1Name.FORM.IDControlOnThisForm The ID should be availabl...

q-q plots
I originally posted this in the excel.misc group but received no replies. I then found this group and it makes more sense to post here (I hope)... Is there anyone who can tell me please how to make quantile-quantile plots in excel? I have two sets of data (one with 500 records, one with 300) and I want to make a q-q plot of them. I am not sure how to handle data sets that do not have equal numbers of records. Thanks Chris Inquirer, Here's a site that might help. It notes that the sample sizes do not need to be the same: http://www.itl.nist.gov/div898/handbook/eda/section3/qqplot.ht...

=?Utf-8?Q?Identify_Label_=E2=80=94_More_than_one_c?= =?Utf-8?Q?ell_with_label?=
I have a user who gets this dialog whenever she tries to modify a formula. She wants to multiply an existing formula by the value that is in cell AV5. However, when she activates the formula bar, then types an asterisk and an A (intending, obviously, to continue to type "...V5", the Identify Label dialog immediately pops up and says there is more than one cell with this label. It shows an "a" (without the quotes). It asks the user to select the cell containing the label to use. If she types in AV5, she gets a message saying "That cell does not contain a vali...

Receipt FOOTER or HEADER Bolder Text or Larger Text
How can I make some of the Footer or header lines on the 40 column receipt stand out. In a larger or Bold text. I want to get peoples attent to go to our website for a promational marketing study. can some give example of what to insert in the xml of the receipt footer header portion. fabiano, You can edit the receipt (xml file) and add another table below the ReceiptFooterLines, create seperate Font entry and put your own custom text in there. You can even get a little fancier and create your own receipt variable and have it appear in the Receipt Format section in Manager. That w...

Q-q plot in Excel
Hi there, Just wondering if there's any way you can graph a quantile quantile plot in Excel? Any help is appreciated alohomora1234 - > Hi there, Just wondering if there's any way you can graph a quantile > quantile plot in Excel? Any help is appreciated < There's a somewhat-related approach in this five-page paper that might give you some ideas: http://www.usfca.edu/~middleton/demand.pdf The first few pages discuss some perhaps-relevant Excel features. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com ...

Table Scrolling Header and Page-Width property
Hi. are these two features incompatible? i've got a table with scrolling headers. it works when the report is displayed at a selected %age, but when i select page-width, i lose the headers when i scroll down. or, is there some kind of workaround i can do? thanks. ian. ...

Remov the header and footer on mail HTML created with Outlook 2003
Hello, it is possible will not print the header and footer on mail HTML created with Outlook 2003? I removed text in IE7/Page setup but the email still print the header and footer. Thank you Luigi ...

New Install Q
Since this group is near extinction here, I thought I would ask my final question... I finally bought a new boxed version of money deluxe on EBay. My online updating will expire soon. Is there an easy way to upgrade my license from the newly purchased disc or do I need to reinstall? Thanks for any reply & thanks for all the past help. Scott In microsoft.public.money, ScottW wrote: >Since this group is near extinction here, I thought I would ask my final >question... http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/money/threads will be available. >I finally b...

StretchDIBits Failing Due to ERROR_NOT_ENOUGH_MEMORY
I am using MS Visual C++ .NET version 7.1.3088 on Win XP 5.1 SP 2. Physical memory available to Windows = 1.095 GB. After several calls to StretchDIBits, with the same parameters, StretchDIBits returns 0 (no scan lines copied). GetLastError returns 8 (ERROR_NOT_ENOUGH_MEMORY). When this happens, I use the Windows task manager and observe that the program is using only 12.8 MB of memory. Available physical memory is 1.4 GB. Kernel memory has 112028 total, 95724 paged and 16308 nonpaged. PF usage is 603 MB. I can continue the program to completion and it closes with no memory leaks. I w...

=?Utf-8?Q?Can_I_Change_to_foreign_currency?= =?Utf-8?Q?_in_Microsoft_Dynamics_=E2=80=93_POS_2.0?= =?Utf-8?Q?=3F?=
Microsoft Dynamics – POS 2.0 just released recently and I would like to know if it is possible to change the default US dollar currency? Also if it is possible to add three decimal places for selling price? Thanks in advance As a US only release, POS 2.0 doesn't support changing the default currency. Three decimal price is supported as an item option. - Jeff "Ba6a6y" <Ba6a6y@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1027D294-80EB-4C27-8FAD-42B8CF38801A@microsoft.com... > Microsoft Dynamics – POS 2.0 just released recently and I would like to > know ...

=?Utf-8?Q?De_que_forma_puedo_colocar_auten?= =?Utf-8?Q?ticaci=C3=B3n_sobre_los_buzones_cuand?= =?Utf-8?Q?o_se_crea_un_perfil_nuevo_desde_?= =?Utf-8?Q?su_creaci=C3=B3n=3F?=
Cualqueir usuario que conozca el nombre del correo y la lista de usuarios puede crear un perfil nuevo y abrir el outlook con el buzón de cualquier usuario, de que forma puedo colocar autenticación para la creación de perfiles en los usuarios. ...

[Q] A breakpoint problem in multithread programming
Hello. In VC++, I am doing multithread programming. I puts some breakpoints into codes of each thread and traces the codes. However, I encounter a significant problem. After running the debugger by using F5, the debugger is jumped to the breakpoint and the codes are somewhat traced without any problem. However, the debugger does not have any response suddenly and moreover the VC++ is never controlled by the task manager. This situation is incurred when I step into a fuction by using F11 or step over the next statement by using F10. Due to this situation, I shutdown my computer by using the po...

More Q: on combo boxes
Hi, In a form, I had a combo box which selecting CLIENT_ID would trigger a report with said client info base on the following expression: DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acViewPreview, , " [CLIENT_ID] = " & Me!Combo25.Column(0) Me!Combo25 = "" I now need the combo to look at two parameters: CLIENT_ID and STATUS_ID before passing the info to the report. I added STATUS_ID in the combo query and a second column so that CLIENT_ID and STATUS_NAME can be displayed. (Select CLIENT_ID, STATUS_NAME, STATUS_ID..) I'd imagine I need to do the following?: DoCmd....

Mortgage setup Q for 2006
Okay, I've had mortgages in the past but this one is different than past mortgages (no Escrow). What's the best way to setup the following mortgage in MM2006? Principle/Interest payment only I pay Taxes on my own so I'll need a separate account for that and will probably transfer the money into savings or a CD since taxes aren't due right away. The Home Owners Insurance I pay out of pocket too. The first year has been paid for out of closing costs, but in 2005 I will have to pay for it. I had about $3000 in Earnest Money that I just stuck in House/Downpayment catego...

Retrieving current custom sort settings
Is there a way to retrieve the current custom sort settings stored with a worksheet? ...

New SBS 2008 SP2 Open License
Well, just purchased the Open License version of SBS 2008, it comes with SP2 on the media that you order from MS's download site. One would think that the install would, before any patches, at least allow the local admin account (the first one you create) to be able to access the http://companyweb, but NO, it's borked. Not only does it ask for a password, but it doesn't work no matter how many times you give it the password. Why would MS release a NEW SBS media kit where one of the services, COMPANY WEB doesn't work out of the box? So, now I sit here synci...

=?Utf-8?Q?Unwanted_=C2=A3_signs_when_exporting_?= =?Utf-8?Q?data_from_access_into_excel?=
I constantly export data from access into excel worksheets but the figure columns always show a '£' sign even though the format of the access field is set to 'standard'. Does anyone know how to resolve this. Sound like the format on the Excel sheet is set to currency! -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Judy" <Judy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB8BC1A1-A89E-4B24-8878-AC5F887CD895@microsoft.com... >I constantly export data from access into excel worksheets but the figure > columns always...

Message for Frank follow on Q from yesterday
Problem with IF and Nested IF Morning Frank, Not entirely sure what your after Frank; If one looks at Column A below I want to convert them all into weeks format to standardise the data from the different sources. Eg 6 Months and 182 Days (Col A) will become 26 Weeks, 28 Days will become 4 weeks follow this format for all the values in col A below. 12 months = 52 weeks, 90 days and 3 months = 13 weeks, 24 Months = 104 weeks, 4 months = 17 weeks, 36 months = 156 weeks. Let me know if you need more info thanks once again for your help Frank Ajay Hi could you email an example sheet -- Rega...

outlook 2000 retrieve
Is there a way to set up outlook 2000 on an Exchange 2000 server to retrieve a sent message that is for another client on the same server? Thanks In news:Ox4LQGT$FHA.3096@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl, redbulljw <redbull@wi.rr.com> typed: > Is there a way to set up outlook 2000 on an Exchange 2000 server to > retrieve a sent message that is for another client on the same server? > > Thanks By "retrieve" I presume you mean "read" ? If the other user has granted you at least reviewer permissions on that folder, yes - they need to grant reveiewer permissions...

how do you delete a header in Page Setup?
File / Page Setup / Header/Footer / set it to (none) What type of header? Built-in or Custom? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 12:51:05 -0700, sdf <sdf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

5 Updates fail with Error Code: 0x80070005
I am running Windows XP Home Service Pack 3 and was keeping up to date with updates until about a month ago when Windows Update offered about 10 different Security Updates on one day. Now, after running Windows Update I keep getting the message that the following 5 updates have failed to install, even though other updates do install in the same run. Security Update for Windows XP (KB975713) Security Update for Windows XP (KB978037) Security Update for Windows XP (KB975560) Security Update for Windows XP (KB977914) Security Update for Windows XP (KB978706) All these updates...