putting my name at the bottom of calendar, contacts, etc.

how do I personalize my calendar, etc. so I can see my
name printed out along with the time, etc.
0
pmr (1)

Sent items separates messages
Hi: I have a contact in my address book with the full name of "Steve Smith" and an email address of "ssmith@hiscompany.com" When I receive email messages from Steve, in my inbox, his messages show up with the "From" name of "Steve Smith" - exactly as I would expect. If I REPLY to a message from Steve, then in my "Sent Items" folder, the message sometimes appears with the "To" name of ssmith@hiscompany.com and other times it appears with the "To" name of 'ssmith@hiscompany.com' (notice the single q...

Check for valid file name before saving
My form copies a file from one locatin, prompts the user to create a new name for the file, then saves the file to another location. is there an easy way to ensure the user has entered a valid file name (e.g. did not use '/' or "^" or anything like that) so the save does not fail? OR, would it be easier to some how set up error handling so that if the save fails for that reason, i can prompt the user to try again. How would i do either of these things? Thanks, You must use error handling for this kind of operation, as there are just too many things that could go wrong....

Publisher 2000 Calendar Problems
Hello: My question/dilema is this: I used the "wizard" to create a calendar. Then when the calendar was open I changed, colors, positions of company logo, info, clip art, etc. It came out very nice (by the way). Okay, in preparation for 2007, I want to just simple change the start/finish dates to 2007. When I do this with the good ol' wizard, it changes...BUT it resets the entire design back to the original calendar template that the wizard offers (not my design changes.) So I tried this next: Opened the calendar, hit File/Save As and saved it as a "template" in ...

Business Contact Manager #39
I am looking for a program to enhance the basic outlook / exchange interface. I have researched microsoft's Business Contact Manager and like the features. We have 8 users and would like to use a program like BCM. MS CRM is too expensive for our small office. Any suggestions ? TIA Kevin BCM is not a multi-user application. You might want to look at other CRM tools listed at http://www.slipstick.com/addins/contact_management.htm -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.o...

Pasting to a name...
This is a simple problem or it's not even possible, but I have some code like pt_1=worksheets("Sheet1").range("a1") and I need to be able to use code to paste to this location using the name I gave it. I tried, pt_1.pastespecial , but obviously it didn't work. Any suggestions? Maybe... Dim Pt_1 as range set pt_1 = worksheets("sheet1").range("a1") Someotherrange.copy pt_1.pastespecial paste:=xlpastevalues Gojavid wrote: > > This is a simple problem or it's not even possible, but I have some > code like > > pt_1=...

Mailbox name not changing
Hi there, Found a user recently with an incorrect mailbox name and tracked it back to the AD object having the incorrect surname. This was then changed but the mailbox did not update unless we did it manually by re-resolving her login through profile settings etc Is there anyway of setting this up as an automatic process? Many thanks, On 16 Nov 2006 04:50:05 -0800, "stuartmackillop@googlemail.com" <stuartmackillop@googlemail.com> wrote: >Hi there, > >Found a user recently with an incorrect mailbox name and tracked it >back to the AD object having the incorrec...

customizing contact fields
CRM 1.0 when we remove unwanted fields in contacts and accounts it does not show the updated view for users but when going back to customize it shows the fields as being removed. Any suggestions as to why this is and how to make it work Bernie, Are you referring to changes in the form? If so, did you publish the changes and issue an IISRESET? Matt On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 15:14:31 -0800, "Bernie" <bernie@hsbasics.com> wrote: CRM 1.0 when we remove unwanted fields in contacts and accounts it does not show the updated view for users but when going back to customize it shows...

Distribution list for outside contacts
Hi, I'm running Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 Enterprise Server. I work in a school and we want to set up an external distribution list to be able to notify parents of any upcomimg issues, probably 2-3 thousand names. We want the DL to be in the BCC field to prevent address harvesting. Based on what I've read, I'll need to set up a CSV and import it? Can I do all of them, or will I need to do multiple DLs? Will I need to create an OU for them or can they be added without doing that? If anyone can give me more details, or a better way, it will be greatly apprecia...

PUTTING NUMBERS IN A CELL
I AM TRYING TO ENTER A NUMBER THAT BEGINS WITH ZERO'S AFTER I ENTER IT THE ZERO'S DISAPPEAR, HOW DO I KEEP THEM IN Please turn off the CAPS Lock, more than two lines would be extremely difficult to read. Reading caps is annoying. Format the column as text, if the leading zero is important to you then it is an identification not a number. The default alignment for text is left aligned which is also better for most identification "numbers". Credit card numbers are 16 digits, are identification and can not be entered as numbers, ever, because Excel only retains 15 si...

CRM Contact Synching when offline
Hi, Using offline client (v4). Set up local groups to take all active contacts offline. This also seems to populate Outlook locally - and subsequently to PDA's / Blackberries. I just want to take the data offline and not populate Outlook contact records. Is this possible - how? Peter. In Outlook, uncheck Contacts under the Synchronization tab in CRM options. "PeteC_TecturaUK" wrote: > Hi, > > Using offline client (v4). Set up local groups to take all active contacts > offline. This also seems to populate Outlook locally - and subsequently to > PDA's ...

Can you put white space outside a textbox?
When I put pictures in my publisher file, sometimes I want captions for the pictures. So I make a tiny textbox that I put under the picture, and type in a caption into that textbox. The problem is that I can make the picture have some space to left and right of it so that text doesn't crowd into the picture, but I can't do that with the textbox containing the caption. Is there any way to prevent outside text from crowding the borders of a textbox? You can move that textbox wherever you need. You don't need to leave space inside when you can steer clear of the textbox itself. ...

Relative references to named range
On behalf of my newphew, I received this query: "Quick one - I have a spreadsheet with very long formulas that reference a whole lot of variables in the same column. I tried naming the cells so that writing of the formula is easier to do. However, I need to copy the column across for other entities of varying nature, and these copied cells refer to the same named cell. Can I name a cell and copy it sideways so that it retains some sort of name with allusion to the column that it is in? Andrew van Gruting" I have tried copying a formula with a named range and, as expected, it maint...

USB device name
How can we query the USB Device name that is assigned interactively by users(e.g. any arbitrary name assigned by them,using 'rename' option through GUI) ? PRANAV KANT GAUR <PRANAVKANTGAUR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >How can we query the USB Device name that is assigned interactively by >users(e.g. any arbitrary name assigned by them,using 'rename' option through >GUI) ? In which GUI is one able to assign an arbitrary name to a USB device? -- Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc. "Tim Roberts"...

Adding User Name to footer
I have spreadsheets that go out to a number of users, and they make various changes and print out for themselves. The problems is that no-one knows which version to pick up from a central printer. Can I add the user name to the footer. I also have the path and file in the same area. I would like to end up with : User Name printed 'path/file' on 'date' ...

Where to put SQL statements in VC++ Application
I am wondering if putting all my SQL statements in the string table is a good idea. Is there a better place to store these statements?? Thanks in advance for any responses. Dominic Inline in the code, they arnt particually helpful to put in the string table. -- - Mark Randall http://zetech.swehli.com "Those people that think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do" Isaac Asimov <dominicgualtieri@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1129050897.519688.176820@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I am wondering if putting all my SQL statements in...

Program trying to access Contacts
I did a clean install of WinXP and OfficeXP. I use Incredimail for Outlook and Spam Daemon for Outlook and have never had a problem with them. I also did an Office Update this morning. Now whenever I click "new" message, I got a window that says "a program is trying to access the contacts folder" and suggests it may be a virus and gives me an option to permit access but only for 1 to 5 minutes, as a select. What is causing this problem and how do I get rid of it? [I have Norton AV and Zonealarm installed, and they have never caused this problem.] Arthur Broadh...

Calendar in Excel
Can someone help me with a calendar to use in Excel that can be formatted so as to show special dates, current holidays, etc. WARNING: I need explicit instructions. This sort of stuff is not intuitive to me. Thanks, Dot ...

Put app and icon in task bar?
I have an MFC application that I want to be able to put in the task bar as a small icon and have it pop up the dialog when selected from the task bar. This app is intended to be run from the start up menu and be minimized in the task bar along with all the other start items... Pointers on how to please... By default app goes on the task bar. Do you mean system tray (that by default appears on the bottom right of the screen)? -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "ShipHead" <GoAway@SpamBoy.com> wrote in message news:#g1K8UgEFHA.2700@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > I...

Going through Named Ranges in only specific Sheets in my WorkBook
Hi all! So, having trouble with ranges... I can't seem to get right a way to run through Named Ranges that belong to only a given Sheet...and then do stuff to them. Any ideas?? '--------sub beg------------- Sub LoopThruRanges() Dim rng_names As Variant Dim n As Variant Set rng_names = ThisWorkbook.Names For Each n In rng_names With Sheets("OnlyforThisSheet") MsgBox n 'debug End With Next End Sub '--------sub end--------------- I want to run a routine for only those ranges that are inside one (or a few) Sheets I will specify, inste...

outlook ka-put
After I installed the service pack updates for Microsoft XP, my Outlook has been uable to send or receive any email. I have gotten a few error messages: "unable to connect to network," "server found but did not respond." etc. What the heck do I do? ...

Creating a calendar in public folder?
Hello All.. How do I create a calendar in public folder that all users could share in exchange 2003. Amador Thanks.. "Chad P." <ChadP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6A36314-F7D7-49E2-A10A-13CFD42ECD06@microsoft.com... > Open Outlook > Expand "public folders" > Right click "All Public Folders" > Left click "New Folder" > on the "Folder Contains" Line select "Calendar" > > > Thanks, > Chad > > "Amador Gomez" wrote: > > > Hello All.. > > > > H...

Sharing AND synchronizing the same Outlook Calendar
Hello, Situation: Secretary has access to salemans shared Calendar. She creates all his appointments and then he can see them entered on his computer in his office. The salesman wants her to book his appointments on her computer and be able to sinc these appoinments onto his PDA from his computer. Problem: PDA synchronizes to a local calendar and NOT the shared calendar. Can we somehow make his pda syn to the shared calendar? We use Exchange 2003. Is this just a pipe dream or can this be done? Sure seems like a typical requirement and feature built-in. Any Help most appreciated, R...

Exchange 5.5 Hide Server version and Server Name
Hi all. I think that is possible to hide the version of Exchange and hide is name in email. For exemple, if a person try to send an email to toto@mycompany.com and the email toto@mycompany.com does not exist, I would like that in the MTS-ID, the version of Exchange and the server name will be hide. Can someone tell me how ? Thanks Jonathan On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 06:06:03 -0700, "Jonathan" <Jonathan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all. > >I think that is possible to hide the version of Exchange and hide is name in >email. > >For exemple, if a pe...

Where to put error handler code for "No current record" error?
Hello, to brighten the essence of my current problem I woud like to describe the situation from scratch. I use Acess 2007. I have two tables 'tblOrders' and 'tblOrderDetails' linked as ODBC tables from MS SQL 2000 Server. Both tables have primary keys: 'tblOrders' has 'orderId' primary key and 'tblOrderDetails' has a pair 'orderId' and 'itemId' as primary key. On server there is also a foreign key constraint defined on key 'orderId' between both tables. In access I have a main form 'frmOrders' bounded to 'tblOr...

Outlook problem with Contacts
On both my desktop and laptop computer, I've lost the ability to access my contacts as addesses for my emails. It gives a message that my LDAP Directoy is missing or something like that. If anyone can help me, I would appreciate it very much. CP Miller You've left out a lot--like what you did to "lose this ability." To get it back, remove the LDAP and use the Outlook Address Book Service instead. I'll assume you know how. You posted no version information. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Rocketdoc" <rocketdoc7@cox.net> wrote in message news:PRM...