Put Outlook contact in Excel?

I am building an Excel list, and would like to put into a cell in Excel a
reference or hyperlink to the Outlook contact for that record. I have tried
dragging the Outlook contact into the Excel cell, but that doesn't work.

Is there a way to do what I want?

Thanks!

Jeremy

0
jeremyb (9)

See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/links.htm for information on the =
outlook: hyperlink syntax.=20

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"Jeremy" <jeremyb@rockisland.com> wrote in message =
>I am building an Excel list, and would like to put into a cell in Excel =
a=20
> reference or hyperlink to the Outlook contact for that record. I have =
tried=20
> dragging the Outlook contact into the Excel cell, but that doesn't =
work.
>=20
> Is there a way to do what I want?
>=20
> Thanks!
>=20
> Jeremy=20
>=20

0
suemvp (4038)

Rules in Outlook 2007
Is there any way to write a rule to route emails from a specific email account to a specific folder. Between my wife and I we have 6 email accounts. I made a folder for each of us. I would like to route emails from her accounts to her folder and same for me. It worked well in Outlook Express but I can't see anything like that in the rules dialog in Outlook 2007. Thanks, Rick Morrison Rick Morrison wrote: > Is there any way to write a rule to route emails from a specific email > account to a specific folder. Between my wife and I we have 6 email >...

Distribution list for outside contacts
Hi, I'm running Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 Enterprise Server. I work in a school and we want to set up an external distribution list to be able to notify parents of any upcomimg issues, probably 2-3 thousand names. We want the DL to be in the BCC field to prevent address harvesting. Based on what I've read, I'll need to set up a CSV and import it? Can I do all of them, or will I need to do multiple DLs? Will I need to create an OU for them or can they be added without doing that? If anyone can give me more details, or a better way, it will be greatly apprecia...

Excel on the Web #2
I need to put an excel file out on the web. After saving it in the HTML format what would be my next step. Thanks Frank ...

PUTTING NUMBERS IN A CELL
I AM TRYING TO ENTER A NUMBER THAT BEGINS WITH ZERO'S AFTER I ENTER IT THE ZERO'S DISAPPEAR, HOW DO I KEEP THEM IN Please turn off the CAPS Lock, more than two lines would be extremely difficult to read. Reading caps is annoying. Format the column as text, if the leading zero is important to you then it is an identification not a number. The default alignment for text is left aligned which is also better for most identification "numbers". Credit card numbers are 16 digits, are identification and can not be entered as numbers, ever, because Excel only retains 15 si...

outlook slow loading folders
Hello; I have a Toshiba laptop with WinXP Home and Outlook 2000. Outlook takes a long time to load folders, open files, delete files, et. al. on a sporadic basis. I do network this computer at home and the office. It appears to be doing a very intense file search as the HD is going hot and heavy. Thank you, Brad Brad, I have the same problem but it doesn't happen all the time. I have MSN Messenger turned off but it doesn't help. I'm totally confuse as well... Need some help >-----Original Message----- >Hello; > >I have a Toshiba laptop with WinXP Home and Out...

Converting Express to Outlook
I currently use Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1123. I would like to convert my muliple accounts (Express calls them Identities) to Outlook 2000 SP-3 (9.0.0.6627). I "imported" one account into Outlook (I still have Outlook Express specified as my default e-mail server). But, I do not see any way to "Switch Identities" or similar option to go from one to the other, if I do the same for my other Express identities. How do I change from one "account" in Outlook to another. Thanks for any help. Henry ...

Cannot find my email sent or created in outlook
have they been archived? where can I find them? Search for a .pst file. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Gina asked: | have they been archived? | where can I find them? ...

CRM Contact Synching when offline
Hi, Using offline client (v4). Set up local groups to take all active contacts offline. This also seems to populate Outlook locally - and subsequently to PDA's / Blackberries. I just want to take the data offline and not populate Outlook contact records. Is this possible - how? Peter. In Outlook, uncheck Contacts under the Synchronization tab in CRM options. "PeteC_TecturaUK" wrote: > Hi, > > Using offline client (v4). Set up local groups to take all active contacts > offline. This also seems to populate Outlook locally - and subsequently to > PDA's ...

Can you put white space outside a textbox?
When I put pictures in my publisher file, sometimes I want captions for the pictures. So I make a tiny textbox that I put under the picture, and type in a caption into that textbox. The problem is that I can make the picture have some space to left and right of it so that text doesn't crowd into the picture, but I can't do that with the textbox containing the caption. Is there any way to prevent outside text from crowding the borders of a textbox? You can move that textbox wherever you need. You don't need to leave space inside when you can steer clear of the textbox itself. ...

EXCEL 2002 #3
CAN'T OPEN FILES IN SUBFOLDER - ERROR MESSAGE 1. CAN'T FILE FILE 2. DDE ERROR WHEN WORKSHEET MOVED OUT OF FILE TO ANOTHER FOLDER IT CAN BE OPENED. OR IF MOVED TO DISK IT CAN BE OPENED ANY SUGGESTIONS? Sometimes one of these works: Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then Windows Start Button|Run excel /regserver The /unregserver & /regserver stuff resets the windows registry to excel's factory defaults. An alternative might be to do: Try Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) "J. SMITH" wrote: > > ...

Outlook client & multiple users
I have the desktop Outlook client on a computer. I want to set up another user to use the Outlook client. I logged in as the new user, opened Outlook, went to the Com Add-ins window, selected the crmaddin.dll and clicked OK. I received a runtime error and Outlook shutdown. Is this the correct way to add another user to access the Outlook client? Thanks, -Rick Rick, You will actually need to install the Outlook client while logged on as that used. Just trying to select the addin will not work. Good luck. Mitch blogs.infinite-x.net ...

Outlook forms #18
I am using a form on Microsoft Outlook for a task. Is there any way to have the Subject field on page 1 (Task) auto-populated by a field that is entered on page 2? Thanks, Frank Yes, with a formula. Drag the Subject field from the Field Chooser to a = custom page, then set the formula on the control's Properties dialog, on = the Value tab.=20 FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues "down = the hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms or, via web = interface, at = http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=3Dmicroso= ft.publi...

how do i link my yahoo email to outlook
"Kelvin156" <Kelvin156@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42B0EDBD-F4E3-46EE-BED4-82161F04DA88@microsoft.com... > a) You put text in the question, not just in the subject. Said text would include information like version of Outlook, what you've tried, what sort of errors you're getting and any salient points that you feel might be needed. b) You pay for Yahoo! Mail Plus and follow the steps at http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/pop/index.html. -or- b) You continue with the free version of Yahoo! Mail and use a program li...

Outlook in System Tray
I downloaded a new patch for Office yesterday. After it was installed, the Outlook icon appeared in my system tray even though I didn't (think I had) Outlook running. I was getting notifications of received email in real time. When I started Outlook and then closed it, all this went away. Is there a way to set this up as full time so Outlook is running in the background? Here is some info I found.. To Minimize Outlook XP to the System Tray / Taskbar: Start / Run / Regedit Navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Office \ 10.0 \ Outlook \ Preferences Click on the...

Vista and Outlook 2007 #2
Vista Home Premium - Outlook 2007(Office 2007 Premium) both with all updates current as of this morning at 3:05am Just got a new computer that shipped with Vista. Loaded up Office 2007, which worked perfectly on XP btw. As soon as I tried setting it all up, I get this message... MSVCR80.DLL missing.can't start Microsoft Outlook 2007 Ok, before anyone says the inevitable "Google it", I have already tried this. I spent a whole day hitting every site that had anything pertaining to this error, and trying the fixes that were recommended to no avail. Does ANYONE have any idea how...

Where to put SQL statements in VC++ Application
I am wondering if putting all my SQL statements in the string table is a good idea. Is there a better place to store these statements?? Thanks in advance for any responses. Dominic Inline in the code, they arnt particually helpful to put in the string table. -- - Mark Randall http://zetech.swehli.com "Those people that think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do" Isaac Asimov <dominicgualtieri@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1129050897.519688.176820@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I am wondering if putting all my SQL statements in...

Import messages and acounts from Live Mail to Outlook 2010
Just installed Office 2010 and can't seem to be able to import anything into Outlook. When I go through the Import procedure, it says no accounts found. I have 3 accounts in my Windows Live Mail that I would like to import, as well as all the messages, contacts and calendars. Please help. I am running Win 7 Ultimate (x64) and the MS Office 2010 Pro Plus beta. I can import messages, but I really would like to import the Accounts first. "Poot" wrote: > Just installed Office 2010 and can't seem to be able to import anything into > Outlook. When I go ...

EXCEL.exe has generated errors
For an knowned reason, the following message recently started to display when clicking on EXCEL on an Windows 2000 system. EXCEL.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will needed to restart the program. An error log is being created. (OK) Attempts have been made to repair, deinstall and reinstall Office 2000. However, the above message still displays with trying to bring up EXCEL. Can anyone help? This WebPage by Chip Pearson provides a good place to troubleshoot. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/StartupErrors.htm HTH Paul --...

Outlook XP Locks up
Outlook freezes when I try and view a particular folder in my personal directory. I have tried repairing it with the PST repair tool, but it can't find anything wrong. Any ideas? If not, what will it take to create a new PST file and transfer everything to it? Ken ...

Outlook and Silverfast / Epson Issues
Recently, after installing silverfast, a new epson photo 820, and adobe photoshop 7, we started experiencing problems with outlook and other miscellaneous errors and such. Outlook folders suddenly are emptied, inbox etc. has no messages, and can only retrieve them after system restore. The printer quit working, and then spontaneously starts working again, we get missing dll files, load library name errors, dlg.dll file not found, etc. HAS ANYONE HAD ANY SIMILAR ISSUES??? I am not sure where the problem originates but am sure that the conflict can be found with one of these recent...

Formatting in Excel 2007
if col a12 is todays date I would like to have b2 to cz2 backgroundcolor GREEN otherwhise leave B2 to cz2 as white background. I cannot seem to get it to work Any help wouldbe appreciated Thanks I assume you are using Conditional Formatting? What conditions have you tried? Have you remembered that CF gives you the choice between "Cell Value Is" and "Formula Is"? The latter is usually the one to use if you are trying to format one cell based on the content of another. Remember to think about the difference between relative and absolute addressing if you are trying ...

Forward contact from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007
When I forward a contact from Outlook 2003 to someone with Outlook 2007 the attached contact shows up as a e-mail. How do I forward a 2003 contact so that it shows up as a 2007 contact that can be saved? Insert it as an Outlook Item in an RTF message. -- Russ Valentine "Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22541243-CB8A-4B93-9959-CCF3D2C9CC4D@microsoft.com... > When I forward a contact from Outlook 2003 to someone with Outlook 2007 > the > attached contact shows up as a e-mail. How do I forward a 2003 contact so > tha...

Outlook 2003 error messages
I'm trying to help a user with her Outlook issues. I have re-imaged her computer, deleted her Outlook profile, but still she is having these intermittent issues. 2. A fatal error has occured in Outlook. The data in your envelope has been lost, but your document is still available. 3. Microsoft Office Outlook has encountered prob & needs to close. Which mail account type are you using? What is logged to the Event Viewer about these issues? When exactly are the errors occurring? What is she doing at that time? If she is using a pst-file, scan it for errors with...

excel changes date
When I enter 3/1/10 enter a cell formatted number, date, 3/14/01, it changes it to 1/3/10. But if I enter 3/19/10 in the same cell it leaves it alone. It is only on one pc, if I open the same file from a different pc the date works fine. Any ideas. Thanks I can not really follow your question but XL inherits it's date entry from your computers regional settings. Take a look at Start | Control Panel | Regional and Language Settings To get your computers date settings. -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "sue gray" wrote: > When I enter 3/1/10 ent...

Outlook new user configuration (location ost) went wrong using prf
I have a weird problem. I manage ICT infrastrusture on ships. The clients are Windows XP with SP 3 and Office 2003 installed on it. They are connected to een local "ship LAN" with as gateway an 3th party UMTS router with (slow) connection to the compagny network. Users can logon localy on the client's and they get autenticated by the DC's on the compagny network. So far no problem. When a user first time log on to a ship PC a local profile is being made to drive C:\Documents and Settings\%username%. This works! Great! At the real first time the logonscript will imp...