Purge items marked fro deletion on IMAP folders

Items deleted in IMAP folders are only marked for
deletion.  To fully delete them a manually click
of 'Purge deleted messages' is required.  Is there a way
to purge automatically?
Alan
0
anonymous (74722)

Not in Outlook.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After scratching one's head,
Alan <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked this group:
| Items deleted in IMAP folders are only marked for
| deletion.  To fully delete them a manually click
| of 'Purge deleted messages' is required.  Is there a way
| to purge automatically?
| Alan

0
MillyS (3228)

Deleted batch
Hi guys: Is there any way I can determine who deleted a batch in GP? I have the batch number and I was looking in SY00500 but it appears that a deleted batch is removed from that table. TIA. Norman -- Norman This was posted in error please ignore. -- Norman "Norman Daley" wrote: > Hi guys: > > Is there any way I can determine who deleted a batch in GP? > > I have the batch number and I was looking in SY00500 but it appears that a > deleted batch is removed from that table. > > TIA. > > Norman > > ...

Sent Items using Outlook 2007 with Exchange mailbox + hotmail
Hi, I am currently using Outlook 2007 with an Exchange 2003 mailbox. I recently added my Hotmail mailbox so I don't need to go through IE for my personnal emails. Everytime I send and email, the sent email goes to both my exchange mailbox sent items AND in my Hotmail sent items. Since I am using hotmail for my personal communications, I'd like them to be added only in my Hotmail sent items. I don't want to mix up my personal and business communications. Is that possible? Regards. ...

Exchange 2003 Server
I accidently deleted a Exchange server from a System Policy and it removed the server from the organization. How do I get that back????? Do I need to reinstall Exchange? You could do an authoritative restore of Active Directory otherwise you will need to do another install for the server. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright....

Deleted e-mails
I have outlook 2000. Is their any way to retrieve deleted e-mails (deleted from the deleted items file)? If you connect to an Exchange server configured to allow this, yes. If not, no, not unless you had a backup of your PST file...sorry. Senait wrote: > I have outlook 2000. Is their any way to retrieve deleted > e-mails (deleted from the deleted items file)? ...

Can I delete my Entourage 2004 Identities once I've upgraded to 20
I just (finally) upgraded to Office 2008, but I need to keep Excel 2004, so I didn't remove Office 2004. Now I've got two identical (and huge) Identity folders, and I was wondering if I can delete the 2004 Identity if I'm going to use Entourage 2008? Thanks! On 4/19/10 9:26 AM, Jg wrote: > I just (finally) upgraded to Office 2008, but I need to keep Excel 2004, so I > didn't remove Office 2004. Now I've got two identical (and huge) Identity > folders, and I was wondering if I can delete the 2004 Identity if I'm going > to use Entourage 2008?...

How do I prevent users to delete a worksheet, but allow to edit?
How can I allow other users to update an workbook, but not to delete any tabs or existing information? Take a look at protect worksheet and protect workbook these both can be found in tools>protection. Use help to guide you the rest of the way. James "nb91386@yahoo.com" wrote: > How can I allow other users to update an workbook, but not to delete any tabs > or existing information? Protect the workbook. Tools|protection|Protect workbook Just leave Structure checked. (Users won't be able to rename or change the order of the worksheets, either.) But be aware that...

Deleting info in a column
I am exporting info from MS Project and my dates come out formatted as such: 2/5/2007 8:00 I do not need to see the time, and i know there is a function (or something) that will run through the column and delete the time to just show 2/5/2007 ...... I can not remember how to do this. any help appreciated! If you just want to change the way the info is displayed, one way would be to format the column as a date. In article <1179770254.963135.161610@a26g2000pre.googlegroups.com>, JPD <jdescant@gmail.com> wrote: > I am exporting info from MS Project and my dates come out...

How to copy shortcuts and special folders.
Hi, I would like to ask how to copy shortcuts and special folders. I could not find too much information in the help. Is it posible to find even any samples somwhere? Thanks, Lubomir Which special folder? Try GetSpecialFolder or find your folder then use this to copy them BOOL CopyFiles(CString Filename,CString To) { SHFILEOPSTRUCT FileOpStruct; char *Temp = new char[Filename.GetLength()+2]; sprintf(Temp,"%s",Filename); char *Temp1 = new char[To.GetLength()+2]; sprintf(Temp1,"%s",To); ZeroMemory(&FileOpStruct,sizeof(SHFILEOPSTRUCT)); FileOpStr...

Outlook Offline folders not synchronizing
Since upgrading to Outlook 2003, I have been unable to synchronize my offline folders. I have followed the instructions in help, but when I choose Work Offline, I only see items from before the upgrade. I have applied all updates to Office 2003. I have also run a repair, but it still does not work. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Donna Delete the ost-file and let Outlook resynch with the Exchange server. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions ...

Public Folder-Contact Item-Contact Links Broken
Running Small Business Server 2003 I'm sharing a Contact folder in Exchange public folders. The links in the Contacts 'field' in the contacts item don't work. I create two new contacts, then link them together. The links work. I close Outlook and open it again and the links don't work. Messages: Cannot perform the requested operation. The command selected is not valid for this recipient. This problem has been around for over 6 months and is driving me nuts. If you have ANY ideas that I could pursue, please share them. I spoke to Microsoft and they said it...

Public folder bulletin board notification email #2
Hi, I have just recently setup a public folder on Exchange 2003 which we are using as a bulletin board with great success. I have setup a folder assistant who receives an email notification when a post is made, however I would like to tailor a notification to a group that a post has been made and that they should take a look and then hopefully get a discussion going. Any ideas on how to do this? Thanks in anticipation of a reply. Owen ...

deleting specific emails from exchange server
Is it possible to delete specific emails from exchange server 2000? I have sceneraio where 20,000 have been generated for a single email address and I want to be able to delete these before delivery to the end user account (outlook 2003). Cheers in advance Ollie Riches Check your mail queues, order them by Sender, bulk select and then delete with no NDR. Oliver "Ollie Riches" <ollie_riches@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OSIRe2iNHHA.2232@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to delete specific emails from exchange server 2000? > > I have scenerai...

Button to delete all records of a table
Hello, Can anyone help me how can we make it just to pressed the button, then all records in a table will be deleted/ purge out. Background: I want to distrtibute copy of my church database to all pastors of our church. In my membership database, there is a child table of Notes...in which a church clerck can put a note for the member. Before I give the copy of the database to pastors, I want to purge out all the content of the table of Notes, so that later I can collect it from them and inport their notes table to be combined with the central database which is the one a sc...

Public Folder Shared Calendar Event Owner
Anyone, Is there a way to identify who added an event to a public folder shared calendar? Right now I have one group that contains everyone that needs to add events to the calendar. Unfortunately the calendar doesn't show who, or when the event was added so it’s very hard to track those "colorful" events some of the employees have added. Thanks ISD Forgot to add my configuration information: Windows Server 2003 running Exchange Server 2003. ...

Redirect profile folders
Now that I'm using Vista, I've redirected most of my 'special' folders. Mostly so they're off of the system partition. I'd like to move my Outlook 2007 profile to the external drive. What's the easiset way to do this? Or is it just as easy to use the backup tool to backup my pst file to the external drive? Thanks, Jeremy Schubert <jscc@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote: > Now that I'm using Vista, I've redirected most of my 'special' > folders. Mostly so they're off of the system partition. I'd like to > move my Outlook 200...

Exchange 2003 - SchedulePlusFreeBusy Folder
Hello, I am running exchange 2003 SP1 (new server, no upgrades) and I am recieving the following messaage: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeFBPublish Event Category: General Event ID: 8275 Date: 8/23/2004 Time: 2:01:07 AM User: N/A Computer: PG-ADR-EXCH-03 Description: SchedulePlusFreeBusy folder could not be opened for duplicate message deletion on virtual machine PG-ADR-EXCH-03. The error number is 0x80040115. I have looked everywhere and cannot find any information. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Paul. ...

Deleting GL accounts
We are receiving an error message when trying to delete some GL accounts - this account has a balance or YTD activity and cannot be deleted. The account has had no activity for several years and has been inactivated. We just processed our year end and a BBF of zero was brought forward. Do we need to Remove Account History before we can delete these accoutns? Yes, you need to delete history. To delete an account it must meet the following conditions - 1. No balance 2. No activity for an open period 3. No history amounts 4. Not part of an allocation account 5. Not part of an unpo...

Delay in sending mail to mail enabled public folders
Setup an Exchange 2003 server and replicated the public folders from the Exchange 2000 server. When I send email to the mail enabled public folders delivery is very sporadic and can take several hours. Mail from inside the domain will show up in the public folders instantly. We have no trouble sending or receiving mail from the mailboxes. Any ideas? thanks, Hugh On 7 Oct 2005 12:21:41 -0700, hughtwg@yahoo.com wrote: >Setup an Exchange 2003 server and replicated the public folders from >the Exchange 2000 server. When I send email to the mail enabled public >folders delivery is very...

Record Item Comments
When you select the Record Item Comments option in the configuration for RMS SO, in what table and field in the database does this imformation get stored? Also, RMS warns that this option will cause the database to grow. How significant is this growth? Jason TransactionEntry.Comment The significance would depend on how often you use the comments and how much text you enter. It's only a 255 character field, so 255 Bytes per comment is the max. You could potentially get some additional wasted space because of the way SQL Server allocates space for a record, but it should be p...

manufactured Item Cost
We use manufacturing, V9. I am trying to see the Labor and Material content of a finished goods. Where can I look in Dynamics for a breakdown of the Item value, by labor and material after doing a MO receipt? The inventory has a cost (or value in Finished Goods inventory) but I would like to see the breakdown of material and labor... Thanks -- Doug Doug, Cards->Manufacturing->inventory->(third option, cant remember the exact title) -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out o...

Exchange calendar shows up under Exchange account in folder list but not when I hit calendar button
I'm running Entourage 2008 on a Mac 10.6.3. I had to delete my Exchange account and re-sync everything from scratch (because Entourage's awesome "database rebuild utility" deleted half my stuff and I didn't want it to propagate up to the server and delete it there). Previously, when I added an Exchange account, I would see all of its folders (including contacts and calendar) on the vertical pane on the left, and when I click the contacts or calendar icon at the very top left of the window, I'd get a full-window version of the calendar or contacts list. Oddly...

Personal Folders file not closed properly
While operating under Win Vista Premium Home using MS Office Pro 2007's Outlook 2007, I have multiple profiles. In each, I periodically (not every time) when opening Outlook, I get the error message "Microsoft Office Outlook; A data file did not close properly the last time it was used and is being checked for problems. Performance might be affected while the check is in progress." This message gradually "fades" away, but Outlook seems to take forever to display newly- downloaded message. Even though there shows to be two (2) new messages in Inbox, it may take ten minut...

Quantity Discount by Line Item
I am looking for a way to flag an item with a quantity discount as part of its full time roll. For example: Product XYZ has a list price of $10. If a customer orders 20 or more of these items, the price is $5. Without setting up a special SKU, I'm hoping there is a way to simply have SOP recognize the quantity discount break when entering the order. -- Burke Gladding bgladding@st-moritz.com Have you looked at the Price Schedule functionality in the Inventory module? From the Item Maintenance card, use the GoTo button to Price Schedules. "Burke Gladding" wrote: &g...

Mails are automaticaly deleted after being reading
Hello all, I've got a little problem with Outlook 2002. Wenn I get a new message in the receive box and I open it to read it, and wenn I click on the cross to close the email, the mail is automaticaly deleted from outlook without being moving in the deleted items folder. The problem is if I don't answer directly, the message is lost. I already checked the options but I can't found which one musts be changed to keep all the messages in the incomming box. I hoppe you will anderstand my problem and that someone will be able to help me Best regards, Tommy. Tommy <thierry...

Favorite Folder
I just upgraded to office 2003. In outlook now there is the favorite folder. Is there a way to change the font size that lists the personal folders. I was able to customize everything except this. ...