Public Folders using Outlook 97

We have several users still using Windows 98 running Office 97
connected to our Exchange server in Windows SBS 2003 server.  How do I
get the public folders to show up in this older version of Outlook?

Thanks

Ron
0
rboetger (79)

If the user has permission to view the folders, they should appear in =
the Folder List.=20

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of
     Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20

"Ron Boetger" <rboetger@bblink.net> wrote in message =
> We have several users still using Windows 98 running Office 97
> connected to our Exchange server in Windows SBS 2003 server.  How do I
> get the public folders to show up in this older version of Outlook?
>=20
> Thanks
>=20
> Ron
0
suemvp (4038)

Homing Child public folder
Child Public Folder Appears Incorrectly on an Exchange Server. Our root folder is homed in Asia. My impression was when creating a child folder it creates on the server you reside on. It then replicates to the Public Folder then gets Re-homed to what every the parent folder is. This is not happening. Has anybody seen this before? ...

Cannot send message Outlook 2003
Receiving message works fine but I can't send them. I have checked my settings. I receive an error message telling that the conexion to the server was interupted. How can I diagnose the problem. I have checked also with my provider. And on their side it seems to be fine. Bernard Additional information The err number is 0x800CCC0F and I get the same wether my Norton Internet Security is active or not. Bernard "msnews.microsoft.com" <bernard@bouree.net> a �crit dans le message de news: OCpGDQWRHHA.4060@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Receiving message works fine but I...

email publications
I have a 4 page newletter that I want to email in the body of the email but only 1 page comes thru. I have pub 2003. Any ideas You can't do it the way you want to. I have a page that will tell you how to do it but it's not something I'd rally want to do. We normally suggest converting the newsletter to a .pdf and attach that to the email. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "sunnyatrodeph" <sunnyatrodeph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:880FF3CD-FF2F-4839-A23E-A71F964602C5...

Moving to next row in a grid using VBA
I am trying set up a loop in VBA to simply checkmark a checkbox, then move to the next row in the grid and check the next box and so on. I've tried to use the SendKeys to move to the next row, and it works except when in a loop, it seems to get lost. I tried to place a Wait in the code to slow it down, but that does not work either. Is there some VBA code that allows one to move to the next row in a grid from within a Dynamics window? Why not use the BeforeLinePopulate grid event to mark your checkbox while the grid is being filled. What you are doing requires knowing the exact amou...

Outlook Rules Wizard Modifications ?
Dear All: I'm using Outlook 2000 on Win 2000. I'm getting some messages ( ie not spam) deleted with the rules wizards that should not be deleted. There are basically two ways that I see to set up Rules Wizards for auto deletes. A: The menu under tools provides a custom interface for setting up numerous options for defining the very specific rules to delete or store the various messages. The list of rules is then visible and can be modified or changed etc. B: Under "organize" there is also an option to right click on a message and handle a mess...

Re-Downloading Contacts in Outlook from CRM
I need to re-download the contact from CRM to the Sales for Outlook Client. What is the recommended way to do this if we want to completely setup a new contact list in Outlook from the existing CRM. not sure I am following you. CRM will download to outlook any contact you can see when accessing crm through the web interface please explain further ========================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/community/microsoft_crm_community.mspx "Dynamic Networx" <DynamicNetworx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Why won't my 2 publication pages switch to 2-pg view as asked?
This is a brand new publication. It only has two pages to it. There is hardly any content and NO web links. But when I use the VIEW drop down menu and click that very first option saying "Two-page spread", Microsoft Publisher does absolutely NOTHING! No, not in print view ... i'm saying "nothing". Yes, I've restarted my computer... all that. Also, in the master page view many of the options are totally greyed-out. Why doesn't microsoft just fix its software instead of adding new inefficient ones? You must have three or more pages to see a two-page ...

Can you open a publisher 2003 publication in publisher 2000?
Can you open a publisher 2003 document in a publisher 2000 program? No -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Shaz" <Shaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6732D11-AD6F-4209-891A-CB05BD87ECC3@microsoft.com... > Can you open a publisher 2003 document in a publisher 2000 program? ...

No access to Public Folder
Hello There, I have a funky problem regarding Public Folders on a Exchange 2003 Standard. Although I see the Public Folders in Outlook I do not have the rights to add anything. I have set all the rights in Exchange System Manager, but still don't have access. Then I checked with ADSI Edit and found an entry for Public Folder but without an Entry for "Class". Also in the Exchange System Manager under Folders I do not see a "Public Folders" bu cannot creat one, because it is already there (so the warning I get). Does anyone of you have an idea? Thanks and Best Regards Dan...

My deleted emails don't stay in my Deleted Items folder.
If I read an email from my inbox then delete it that email doesn't appear in my "Deleted Items" folder. They seem to automatically purge. If I delete an email that has not been opened then that unread email does show up in my "Deleted Items" folder. I can do a right-click find on the "Deleted Items" folder and it appears to find emails but I'm not sure. I need to reset something so all my emails stay in the "Deleted Items" folder until I choose to purge them. The only thing I have done in the last couple of weeks is to compact m...

Outlook 2003 Stays running in the systray
When I close my outlook 2003 the outlook icon that runs in the systray will not close. If I try to open outlook again nothing happens. I have to go into taks manager and kill the process before I can re open outlook. I an running XP Pro all patches and Office 03 Pro all pathces. Thanks Greg Glenn I'm seeing the same behavior, and there have been several other posts here about it. You wouldn't happen to be running ActiveSync v3.7.1, would you? I think my problem may only happen when my Dell Axim X5 is connected.. Troy Payn <folklore@comcast.net> If ActiveSynch opene...

Attaching emails from different folders
I am able to attach emails to a new email within a folder I created (clicking on each mail I want to attach, and right click "forward as attachment"). I am trying to figure out how I can attach different emails from within different email folders to a new email. I am using Outlook Express 6. Thanks ...

show new mails in public folder
hello, our public folder dosen't show new mails like in the inbox. I want to see if a new message receive, where can I adjust this. thank's for answeres. best regards Christain In news:DBD8EFB5-F0CA-4705-B9C1-854040BA514E@microsoft.com, Christian Weihs <ChristianWeihs@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > hello, > > our public folder dosen't show new mails like in the inbox. I want to > see if a new message receive, where can I adjust this. > > thank's for answeres. > > best regards > Christain What version of Outlook are you using? If yo...

Mailbox displayed twice in folder view?
Running Outlook 2003 and I have my mailbox displayed twice under folder view. What can I do to have it displayed only once? TIA ...

Lotus Notes Connector Configured to use SMTP
I have an enviornment that is using lotus notes and exchange, and the connector betweeen the two keeps dropping out. I want to convert the connector to use SMTP vs. MAPI/RPCs and I cannot really find any documenation on this. I thought it was as simple as going into the address space and changing that type from notes, to SMTP but that is not it. grrrrr I have read this article, and it basically gives no configuraiton tips on the connector, only theory (which is good, but I need admin vs. engineer help!). We have a split domain space with incoming coming into the exchange, we want to...

Disabling Outlook Express
I'm trying to make the switch from OE to Outlook 2003, but I find if I go to OE for newsgroups, OE will receive any incoming email, which I don't want there - I want in the Outlook folders. Is there a way to keep OE from doing this? (using XP Home SP, comcast). DP in Seattle Sure. Just remove the mail account from OE. Tools, Accounts. Delete the mail account. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003...

Unable to copy other's Contacts folder
To All, User A delegated and granted me full permission to access his Contacts list. My permission level is Owner. I can do anything but copy the whole "Contacts folder" to my mailbox. It says no permission. Anyway that I can copy other's Contacts folder into my mailbox. THanks Calvin Can you copy individual items? If so, create a new folder and copy the contacts to it - use By Category view to make it easier to see all of the contacts. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart...

Outlook 2002 on Windows XP Pro
When I click on a link in email or a web link from a contact, NOTHING happens. No error, I.E.6 does not open and I don't have a pop up blocker... Any ideas? What version of Outlook? Have you installed all of the service packs for both Outlook and IE? Do you use Word as your email editor? Here is one possiblity: You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or Nothing Happens After You Click a Link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q281679&sd=tech -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Ivan T. Williams" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Upgrade Money 97 to 2004: Files become 10 times bigger
Why a Money 97 files opened & saved in M2004 becomes about 10 times as big? What makes the upgraded files so big? I don't use online reconciliation or tax features. Is there a way other than compression to keep files fize small? John http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=7 -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK specific ...

Using a range as value_if_true in IF function
Hello Why does IF(logical_test,a1:z1,value_if_false) in one cell use a value in sell z1 and in another cell use a value in cell a1? Your question is not clear. And probably the formula you gave is an arrayformula. Mangesh "Dmitry Kopnichev" <kopn@bk.ruDelete> wrote in message news:#xPPyNzyFHA.4032@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hello > Why does IF(logical_test,a1:z1,value_if_false) in one cell use a value in > sell z1 and in another cell use a value in cell a1? > > The formula is not an array formula. The IF(logical_test,a1:z1,value_if_false) is IF(infl_on;Op...

personal folders for multiple emails
There is a feature that I was willing to see in 2003 version, but I think it's not there yet. If i have multiple emails outlook will put all massages to a personal folder so my Inbox gets crowded. Can I have a personal folder for each email. I know i can do that using filters for each folder but i don't think this is a proper way for doing it. Please let me know if that is possible. You can create rules to move messages based on the account over which they were received. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Ahmad Yahya" <gt21124@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4...

Unable to view public folders
We are currently running Microsoft Exchange 2000. I am currently attempting to create public folders and point a designated email address at them. I am creating each folder via a terminal logged on as Administrator. When I go to the Exchanger manager to view the public folder:- > Administrative Groups > 1st Adminastrive Groups > Public Folders The following message appears:- Enter Network Password Username Password The username field is already populated with the following information:- domanin\user When i attempt to enter the password the message reappears. Hope t...

Safe way to exchange Users folder to another HD
Hi all, windows 7 pro x64 in a tiny SSD (C: with OS)(30 Gb) another normal HD (E: with data)(500 Gb). is there any safe way to move all C:\users to e.g. E:\Users and not having a pain in the a... with problems of: "not found", "impossible to add new users", etc. could be fine a step by step guide of how to do it, and thing that not has to be done. Thanks, Corsair. Corsair wrote: > windows 7 pro x64 in a tiny SSD (C: with OS)(30 Gb) another normal > HD (E: with data)(500 Gb). > > is there any safe way to move all C:\users to e.g. E:\U...

My outlook express can not sen d messages from other application
Hello: I am using Windows server 2003 and outlook express. This is my problem: I have an account in outlook express and i can send and receive e- mails when i am using outlook express on this computer. But what i want to do is sending e-mails from another application via outlook express. I execute my application, this calls outlook, and it seems like outlook is sending the e-mail. The e-mail shows up in the Outbox window so it makes me think that in any moment it is going to be sent. But then the Outlook Express window stays with the message "Connecting..." for a long time and...

Shared folders
Why are others able to select locked cells, in a shared folder? I have protected this worksheet and have set it so others could only select unlocked cells. ...