Public Folders #10

I am attempting to set up a public file to hold my calendar information in a copy of Outlook 2002. This is running on my Windows 2003 Server with Windows Exchange Server 2003. The help file in Outlook instructs that you go to the folder list and then create a new folder and then you can copy existing .pst files into the new folder. In looking at the folders in the list I note that there are none listed as Public Folders. What have I done wrong? Any direction would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
0
anonymous (74722)

A ghost folder in my Outlook
The other day I noticed that my Outlook was not synchronizing with the Exchange server, so I deleted the offline folder and then the sync went fine. For good measure, I also ran the SCANOST which detected and repaired an error: **Beginning PST/OST recovery **Attempting to recover all top-level objects **Attempting to walk all folders !!Hierarchy Table for 20A2, row doesn't match sub-object: irow = 7, RowID = 2223 **Attempting to locate any orphaned folders/messages **Attempting to check top-level objects for consistency ??Deleting SDO Everything apparent...

open folder
Whenever I start Outlook 2000, one of the sub-folders always opens up expanded, all the others are closed. The program starts with the inbox selected which is as I want it, but how do I get this particular sub-folder to start up closed? Outlook doesn't seem to remember the current setting when I close it. I cannot find anything under Tools. Thanks in advance, Geoff. ...

Rules #10
I have tried to create a rule in Outlook that gives an "Out of the Office" reply when I am on vacation and I cannot get it to work. Here are the conditions that I set up in the rule: (1) Apply this rule after the message arrives (2) when recieved through the (My account was specified in the rule description box) account and (3) reply using (a specified template was chosen in the rule description box). After I created the rule, I pressed Finished, and then opened up the Rules Wizared from the pull down menu, under Tools. I then checked the box next to the rule I made (i...

DL's from "Personal Folders" empty after moving them to Exchange "Contacts"
Hey everyone, We were running a Linux (PostFix) mail server where everyone was using POP3 and a .pst file to view their email. They were using Outlook 2000 as the client. We are moving to Windows 2003, Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. Our DCs are Windows 2003 too. Here's the problem: After we convert a user we move all of their data from their .pst file up to the server. After we do that, we see that their DLs on the server side are now empty! Anyone know what is going on? Any white papers? Thanks for any and all help. Clayton Clayton Sutton wrote: > Hey everyone, &...

Data Validation 05-08-10
I’m doing data validation on a group of cells. At the moment all the names of the employees appear on the drop down list for those cells, but what I need is to compare those names to a day-off list where the people who are off on that day appear. If their names appear on the day-off list then they should not appear on my data validation cells. In other words I have colA-colG with the names of the week, Mon-Sun. I have 30 rows. The first 15 rows are for my data validation and they are drop downs of the people who are working on that day. The source for those rows comes from a ...

Qn on Restricting a public function overriding in base classes ?
How do we achieve the following : Class Baseclass { public: int funXYZ(); ..... }; Now, How do I modify the definition of the above class to restrict any other Class which derives from Baseclass, from over riding public function funXYZ(); Note that, the function funXYZ() needs to be public. Is it possible ? "satlal" <satish.lalam@gmail.com> skrev i meddelandet news:dg942b$67e$1@news.mch.sbs.de... > How do we achieve the following : > > Class Baseclass > { > public: > int funXYZ(); > ..... > }; > > Now, H...

VPN and Public folders access
Hi all I have 3 exchange servers that are all in the same admin and routing group, two out of hte three servers are exchagne 2003 and hte third is a 5.5 server. All serves are in different parts of the country and they are all connected by high speed links. The problem that i have been noticing lately is when a user VPN's into the network (outlook 2003) the users outlook is trying to connect the public folders to an exchagne server that is not local to there network, when this happens a dialog box pops up asking the user for there username password, this mail server is in another ...

Code that Runs nightly to export folder into a csv
I had posted on other forums but I haven't gotten a reply and really hoping someone here can help me or point me to someone who can. I was wondering if you can give me any information on how I can do this. I am not familiar with VBA programming other than excel recording macros and editing them slightly so sample code would be greatly appreciated. The task I am trying to perform is as follows: Every night, I would like to export all contents of a single folder "XXX" into a single .csv file and then move the contents to another folder named xxxx_mmddyy . Any ide...

CRM Emails should be stored in the Sent Items folder
In CRM 1.2, When an email is created using the 'CRM E-mail' button in Sales for Outlook, the sent email is stored in the 'Drafts' Outlook mail folder rather than the 'Sent Items' folder. In addition, if the email is saved first rather than sent (which correctly stores it in the 'Drafts' folder), and then later sent from the 'Drafts' folder, the original draft remains in that folder and the sent email also appears in the 'Drafts' folder. This causes confusion for users who need to check CRM each time to satisfy themselves that the CRM Ema...

Can't receive emails 08-11-10
Account: 'Xnet', Server: 'pop3.xnet.co.nz', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Cannot connect to POP server 58.28.4.111 (58.28.4.111:110), connect error 10061', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90 Now it's: Account: 'Xnet', Server: 'pop3.xnet.co.nz', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 "JetgirlNZ" wrote: > Account: 'Xnet', Server: 'pop3.xnet.co.nz', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: > '...

Live Mail 05-05-10
I just updated my windows mail to windows live mail. Some how it deletes some messages before going into inbox. For example, an email from my sister with a doc attachment showed in unread mail folder and then disappeared. Same thing with an email from my bank that had no attachment. I have set up the view to show all. I am operating in vista home premium 32 bit. As I do not know how to setup live mail forum, I am posting here. I am confident that there will be help available here. -- Best Regards Noor Motani I see that you were able to post to the Windows Mail newsgroup=2...

Only allow messages from 10 IP addresses
We have an anti-SPAM service where we set our MX records on the Internet for their servers which filters our email for us then forwards the mail to us - Works great. We also have the Exchange 2003 SP1 server setup so it does not route SMTP mail out - works great. A problem we have is that some spam houses and infected computers seem to know our Exchange Server's IP address and that it is the mail server for MYDOMAIN.COM so they can still SPAM us by connecting via SMTP and sending mail to our_users@mydomain.com which the server naturally accepts since it is not routing. We want to...

Find all the files in a folder
I had been using the FileSearch function to locate all the files of a particular type in a folder. Office2007 appears to have replaced that function with a FileSystemObject class, but i can't get that to work. Here is what I had been using. Any help would be appreciated. Set fs = Application.FileSearch With fs .LookIn = Range("C7").Value .SearchSubFolders = True .FileName = "*.csv" If .Execute() > 0 Then Row = 1 For i = 1 To .FoundFiles.Count Hi Phil This works in 2007 although it is not clear from your co...

exchange 5.5/2003 with mixed mode 2003 domain public folders
Hi, I have recently completed some work for a potential customer, I am recommending that they in place upgrade their existing NT 4 domain to 2003 based on various reasons that I do not want to go into here. However, they also want their single exchange 5.5 org in the same domain to be migrated at the same time. This will be a mixed mode 5.5 to 2003 migration. At this stage the domain will be in mixed mode and will not support universal security groups. The customer uses public folders quitre heavily, I do not know the exact amount, but the user base is 2500 approx. They use distribution list...

public folders and global address list
Hi Folks, I have some calendars set up in my public folders for scheduling purposes representing certain conference rooms. I would like to place these calendars in my global address list so that when inviting to meetings, a meeting will be added to that room's calendar (as opposed to scheduling a meeting for people and room separately). Does anyone know how I can accomplish this? Thanks ahead of time! Matt Public Folder calendars don't make good resource calendars. The better option would be to create dedicated resource user accounts and mailboxes (i.e. user called Conference ...

Re: 05-20-10
"Shannon Dwayne Lagrange" <shannon@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:... >dirtrhoads@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Index and Match 05-10-10
Hello All, This is on Excel 2007 I would like to see if the array formula below can be changed to check for another criteria. Want this currently does is finds all occurances of cell AL527(despatch note) and matches that with the sheet "Data" col N (despatch note) and the result is taken from sheet "Data" col E (qty). If no match found then the result is "" The reason the ROW 3 at the end has $ is it helps with copying the formula as I am using it for Columns rather than rows, I could not find a formula that worked for colums. {=IFERROR(INDEX(...

Retrieving the Top 10 of the Average of Two columns, but displaying a third
I'm new to Excel programing, so please bear with me. I have an excel spreadsheet with 3 columns. Column1 Column2 Column3 -------------------------------------- John Doe 5 3 Jane Smith 2 9 Bill Smith 4 2 What I need to do is take the average of Column 2 and 3, find the highest average of the entire list and display Column 1 as the final result. In other words: I need to create a Top 5 List of the people with the highest grade average. I don't care much for displaying the grade, I just need the top 5...

"Save as" dialog hanging on certain network folder
I am trying to troubleshoot a very small business network. There is a folder shared from a Windows XP Pro machine, and when initiating a save as dialog to this location, many office applications will hang when it appears to be loading the contents of the folder. I have tested Excel and Word, versions 2000 and 2003. Navigating to the folder in explorer works just fine. I thought rebooting would help, but the issue appears to effect the machine even after a fresh boot. Some machines on our network behave correctly. Others will hang for a short while but eventually load the conte...

Sybari Antigen ASM Junk Mail Folder
We have just turned on the Sybrari Antigen ASM Junk Mail filter for our Outlook clients on our Exchange 2000 server (Sybari is version 8.0) running on a Windows 2000 SP4 server. We are running IIS 5.0 on the same server in the default location of C:\Inetpub\wwwroot for OWA. When you try to access the new folder in Outlook you get the following message. Access is denied. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: ...

excel dates 03-25-10
how do i change #(1-365) to the corresponding date in excel? It depends on what result you want. If the number is 1, what date do you want? 1/1/2010? With your number in a1, try the following: =date(2010,1,a1) If that doesn't do what you want, post back with what you want to achieve. Regards, Fred "king2385" <king2385@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD3502E1-F28B-4FD5-8637-478EF98E6F66@microsoft.com... > how do i change #(1-365) to the corresponding date in excel? ...

cant send emails 01-25-10
I get this error message. The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Fw: INFORMATION URGENT, Account: 'MALBIS', Server: 'smtp.live.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E can you please help me. Change your port to 587 and verify your other settings against these . . . Live.com Settings: Server names and ports: POP3 = pop3.live.com Port = 995 SMTP = smtp.live.com Port = 587 Checkboxes you need to check include: Server Tab: "My server requires authentication" (C...

MS chart control for VC++9 03-13-10
I am trying to use MSchart control in my Visual C++9, However, the MS chart control in not available in activex list!. I ve downloaded the MS chart control for APS. Net but I couldnt use it with my VC++ programs. Is there any clue? thanks On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 17:50:52 -0800, Azed <user@msgroups.net/> wrote: >I am trying to use MSchart control in my Visual C++9, However, the MS chart control in not available in activex list!. I ve downloaded the MS chart control for APS. Net but I couldnt use it with my VC++ programs. >Is there any clue? >thanks > >--- >frmsrcur...

Personal folder import
need to know if you can recover the personal folder contents after the service has been removed from the Outlook program under TOOLS>SERVICES jenningm@marion.k12.fl.us <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > need to know if you can recover the personal folder > contents after the service has been removed from the > Outlook program under TOOLS>SERVICES Sure. Just add the Personal Folders service back in and browse to the PST. -- Brian Tillman >-----Original Message----- >need to know if you can recover the personal folder >contents after the servic...

personal folder #7
I had e-mail in my inbox that I wanted to move to another folder. I accidently moved it to the folder on the toolbar called Personal Folders. It allowed me to move it there but where did it move it to? Can you get those e-mails back? geo wrote: || I had e-mail in my inbox that I wanted to move to another || folder. I accidently moved it to the folder on the toolbar called || Personal Folders. It allowed me to move it there but where did it || move it to? Can you get those e-mails back? Right-click on Personal Folders, choose Properties. Click on the Homepage tab and uncheck the b...