Public Folder access problem

Hi,
we're running Outlook 2000 on EXC 2000 Server (both with latest SP's and
patches) and we're having the following problem with one of our users:

A user has "Publishing Editor" rights on a specific Public Folder. When she
tries to access the PF with Outlook, she can't access it, because Outlook
says, that she does not have apropriate permission on the folder.
When she tries to access the folder with Outlook Web Access, she can access
the folder without any problems. When she tries to copy the PF to her
Favorites in OL2000, she can access the folder with no problems!

What can I do that she can access the folder directly in the PF hierarchy?

We installed her a new profile in Outlook, we did a "Detect & Repair", we
reinstalled the whole office program, we deleted all permissions on this
folder either in Outlook as well as in the Exchange System Manager (and
waited for the replication to occur) but it does not solve the problem, she
still can't access the folder in the hierarchy directly.

Does someone has any idea whats going on here?
I've written this post to the EXC and to the OL NG's because I don't know
exactly where the problem is.

Please help me ;-) !!!
Thanks!
Florian

0
Florian

Make sure she has the Folder Visible permision on all the folders that she
passes to get to that folder and on that folder itself.

--
Roady
www.sparnaaij.net

Question of the month: Color Code Your E-Mail.
NEW: Color Code Your E-mail Advanced
www.sparnaaij.net

-----
"Florian Rosch" <florian.rosch.nosp@m.web.de> wrote in message
> Hi,
> we're running Outlook 2000 on EXC 2000 Server (both with latest SP's and
> patches) and we're having the following problem with one of our users:
>
> A user has "Publishing Editor" rights on a specific Public Folder. When
she
> tries to access the PF with Outlook, she can't access it, because Outlook
> says, that she does not have apropriate permission on the folder.
> When she tries to access the folder with Outlook Web Access, she can
access
> the folder without any problems. When she tries to copy the PF to her
> Favorites in OL2000, she can access the folder with no problems!
>
> What can I do that she can access the folder directly in the PF hierarchy?
>
> We installed her a new profile in Outlook, we did a "Detect & Repair", we
> reinstalled the whole office program, we deleted all permissions on this
> folder either in Outlook as well as in the Exchange System Manager (and
> waited for the replication to occur) but it does not solve the problem,
she
> still can't access the folder in the hierarchy directly.
>
> Does someone has any idea whats going on here?
> I've written this post to the EXC and to the OL NG's because I don't know
> exactly where the problem is.
>
> Please help me ;-) !!!
> Thanks!
> Florian

Hi,
she has, of course, the "Visible" permission on all folders. If she wouldn't
have that permission she would not be able to navigate to that folder.

Any more ideas?
Florian

"Roady" <rsparnaaijDELETE@DELETEconsumentenbond.nl> wrote in message
> Make sure she has the Folder Visible permision on all the folders that she
> passes to get to that folder and on that folder itself.
>
> --
> Roady
> www.sparnaaij.net
> Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News
> Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more...
>
> Question of the month: Color Code Your E-Mail.
> NEW: Color Code Your E-mail Advanced
> www.sparnaaij.net
>
> -----
> "Florian Rosch" <florian.rosch.nosp@m.web.de> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > we're running Outlook 2000 on EXC 2000 Server (both with latest SP's and
> > patches) and we're having the following problem with one of our users:
> >
> > A user has "Publishing Editor" rights on a specific Public Folder. When
> she
> > tries to access the PF with Outlook, she can't access it, because
Outlook
> > says, that she does not have apropriate permission on the folder.
> > When she tries to access the folder with Outlook Web Access, she can
> access
> > the folder without any problems. When she tries to copy the PF to her
> > Favorites in OL2000, she can access the folder with no problems!
> >
> > What can I do that she can access the folder directly in the PF
hierarchy?

> > We installed her a new profile in Outlook, we did a "Detect & Repair",
we
> > reinstalled the whole office program, we deleted all permissions on this
> > folder either in Outlook as well as in the Exchange System Manager (and
> > waited for the replication to occur) but it does not solve the problem,
> she
> > still can't access the folder in the hierarchy directly.
> >
> > Does someone has any idea whats going on here?
> > I've written this post to the EXC and to the OL NG's because I don't
know
> > exactly where the problem is.
> >
> > Please help me ;-) !!!
> > Thanks!
> > Florian

0
Florian

Homing Child public folder
Child Public Folder Appears Incorrectly on an Exchange Server. Our root folder is homed in Asia. My impression was when creating a child folder it creates on the server you reside on. It then replicates to the Public Folder then gets Re-homed to what every the parent folder is. This is not happening. Has anybody seen this before? ...

STANDARD TOOLBAR PROBLEM
The STANDARD toolbar on the email send screen sems to have a mind of its own. If I go to default, it comes back as it was with the next NEW EMAIL screen.. Any customized changes are lost as well. Right in the middle is this tolbar is a huge "open with adobe pdf" buton which makes me think that they have something to do with the problem. Anyhow, exactly where is this toolbar controled from? How do I permanently get rid of the adobe button? Somewhere in the registry? Thanks. you need to remove the adobe addin - http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20040902.htm -- Di...

email publications
I have a 4 page newletter that I want to email in the body of the email but only 1 page comes thru. I have pub 2003. Any ideas You can't do it the way you want to. I have a page that will tell you how to do it but it's not something I'd rally want to do. We normally suggest converting the newsletter to a .pdf and attach that to the email. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "sunnyatrodeph" <sunnyatrodeph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:880FF3CD-FF2F-4839-A23E-A71F964602C5...

Reports Problem
I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if they have any work arounds: If I customize a report to show all transactions for a specific set of categories (deliberately chosen) then choose all types of transactions, I get ALL the transfers that are in the time period whether or not they are in the selected categories or not. I have to do select in come as type, then expense then transfers so I have three reports or I get ALL the transfers in the database that fall in the date range. Any suggestions? thanks, Brian W. In microsoft.public.money, Brian W wrote: >I am wonder...

Why won't my 2 publication pages switch to 2-pg view as asked?
This is a brand new publication. It only has two pages to it. There is hardly any content and NO web links. But when I use the VIEW drop down menu and click that very first option saying "Two-page spread", Microsoft Publisher does absolutely NOTHING! No, not in print view ... i'm saying "nothing". Yes, I've restarted my computer... all that. Also, in the master page view many of the options are totally greyed-out. Why doesn't microsoft just fix its software instead of adding new inefficient ones? You must have three or more pages to see a two-page ...

Can you open a publisher 2003 publication in publisher 2000?
Can you open a publisher 2003 document in a publisher 2000 program? No -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Shaz" <Shaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6732D11-AD6F-4209-891A-CB05BD87ECC3@microsoft.com... > Can you open a publisher 2003 document in a publisher 2000 program? ...

Simple Access 2007 issue with combobox???
I am using a form with a combobox that selects a EmployeeID from the Employees table and places it into the Employee ID foreign field in the HoursRecord table. I've done this a thousand times. Now for some reason I always get "Field cannot be updated" when I select the item from the drop-down box, but then when I press ENTER, it updates the record anyway. What am I missing? Thank you John King jking482@q.com "jkingBoise" <jking482@q.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:abf27ecd-3db8-4012-a2b9-3642f13f1de8@v15g2000prn.googlegroups.com... >I am us...

No access to Public Folder
Hello There, I have a funky problem regarding Public Folders on a Exchange 2003 Standard. Although I see the Public Folders in Outlook I do not have the rights to add anything. I have set all the rights in Exchange System Manager, but still don't have access. Then I checked with ADSI Edit and found an entry for Public Folder but without an Entry for "Class". Also in the Exchange System Manager under Folders I do not see a "Public Folders" bu cannot creat one, because it is already there (so the warning I get). Does anyone of you have an idea? Thanks and Best Regards Dan...

My deleted emails don't stay in my Deleted Items folder.
If I read an email from my inbox then delete it that email doesn't appear in my "Deleted Items" folder. They seem to automatically purge. If I delete an email that has not been opened then that unread email does show up in my "Deleted Items" folder. I can do a right-click find on the "Deleted Items" folder and it appears to find emails but I'm not sure. I need to reset something so all my emails stay in the "Deleted Items" folder until I choose to purge them. The only thing I have done in the last couple of weeks is to compact m...

Activex, CSocket and CResourceException Problem
Hi, I'm trying to write activex control with mfc which connect to the another app through socket. The socket conn form activex to the app is made on a different thread. The thread is initialize by function: HANDLE threadHandle = CreateThread(NULL,NULL, (LPTHREAD_START_ROUTINE)ThreadProc, (LPVOID)this, NULL, &dwID); and everything works correct except this that i,m tryin to connect from another instance of this activex i get CResourceexception. Anu ideas how to avoid this? CSocket is declare localy and in ThreadProc is no loops...

Attaching emails from different folders
I am able to attach emails to a new email within a folder I created (clicking on each mail I want to attach, and right click "forward as attachment"). I am trying to figure out how I can attach different emails from within different email folders to a new email. I am using Outlook Express 6. Thanks ...

Mailbox displayed twice in folder view?
Running Outlook 2003 and I have my mailbox displayed twice under folder view. What can I do to have it displayed only once? TIA ...

show new mails in public folder
hello, our public folder dosen't show new mails like in the inbox. I want to see if a new message receive, where can I adjust this. thank's for answeres. best regards Christain In news:DBD8EFB5-F0CA-4705-B9C1-854040BA514E@microsoft.com, Christian Weihs <ChristianWeihs@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > hello, > > our public folder dosen't show new mails like in the inbox. I want to > see if a new message receive, where can I adjust this. > > thank's for answeres. > > best regards > Christain What version of Outlook are you using? If yo...

personal folders for multiple emails
There is a feature that I was willing to see in 2003 version, but I think it's not there yet. If i have multiple emails outlook will put all massages to a personal folder so my Inbox gets crowded. Can I have a personal folder for each email. I know i can do that using filters for each folder but i don't think this is a proper way for doing it. Please let me know if that is possible. You can create rules to move messages based on the account over which they were received. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Ahmad Yahya" <gt21124@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4...

Importing queries from Access into Outlook
Hi there, It is possible to import a query in an access file into outlook to create more defined groups? If so, please could you let me know how. Thanks a mil Athena ...

Unable to copy other's Contacts folder
To All, User A delegated and granted me full permission to access his Contacts list. My permission level is Owner. I can do anything but copy the whole "Contacts folder" to my mailbox. It says no permission. Anyway that I can copy other's Contacts folder into my mailbox. THanks Calvin Can you copy individual items? If so, create a new folder and copy the contacts to it - use By Category view to make it easier to see all of the contacts. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart...

Safe way to exchange Users folder to another HD
Hi all, windows 7 pro x64 in a tiny SSD (C: with OS)(30 Gb) another normal HD (E: with data)(500 Gb). is there any safe way to move all C:\users to e.g. E:\Users and not having a pain in the a... with problems of: "not found", "impossible to add new users", etc. could be fine a step by step guide of how to do it, and thing that not has to be done. Thanks, Corsair. Corsair wrote: > windows 7 pro x64 in a tiny SSD (C: with OS)(30 Gb) another normal > HD (E: with data)(500 Gb). > > is there any safe way to move all C:\users to e.g. E:\U...

Unable to view public folders
We are currently running Microsoft Exchange 2000. I am currently attempting to create public folders and point a designated email address at them. I am creating each folder via a terminal logged on as Administrator. When I go to the Exchanger manager to view the public folder:- > Administrative Groups > 1st Adminastrive Groups > Public Folders The following message appears:- Enter Network Password Username Password The username field is already populated with the following information:- domanin\user When i attempt to enter the password the message reappears. Hope t...

MS Access application
Hi I am trying to create a whole application in MS access.The queries have been pulled out from tables (In sql database).From here I have to build a form using these fields (for which I am using the report writer). My problem is There is one field in the table which has numbers that I want to be displayed in Text on my report(will be a excel sheet) Say for example field name is a which could have either of the foll values 1-Canada 2-Japan 3-US 4-India So instead of the number I want to display the actual names they stand for. Being a novice to MS access application I am stuck as i dont kn...

Shared folders
Why are others able to select locked cells, in a shared folder? I have protected this worksheet and have set it so others could only select unlocked cells. ...

Public Folder Directory Rights
In a haste I think I removed all directory rights to a branch of my public folders. Now when I try to click directory rights button in the permissions tab within the properties of that folder in Exchange administrator I get "Unable to read security rights form the directory". I also remember inheritant rights prior. Anyone know how I can correct this so that I can fix the PF structure? -- SS I meant to say "I also removed inheritant rights earlier" -- SS "Steven" wrote: > In a haste I think I removed all directory rights to a branch of my public >...

Problem decompiling database
Hi All, I have two database applications. Both are in Access 2002. One has been around a few years. I decompile and recompile before each release without issue. The second application is relatively new, with most of its guts imported from the older app. Everything seems okay with the new app, in that it compiles and runs and such. When I try to use the /decompile switch on it, I get a message that "Microsoft Access has experienced a problem and needs to close. We're not sorry enough for the inconvenience to give you any real information." I might be paraphras...

How to copy documents using links from excel to web folder
Hi All, We have a web application containing documents and each document has its own link. An excel sheet is having all document names and their links as separate columns. Now, the requirement is to copy all the documents using their links from excel to a particular folder in the web application. I would like to know what all are the possible solutions of this requirement? Or any vbscript is available to do this task? Many Thanks, Atiya. ...

Opening a closed Archive folder
I am running outlook 2007. I right mouse clicked and closed one of my archive folders. Does anyone know if closing the outlook PST erases it? I went back to try and open it and I can not locate that PST file any longer, are my files lost? Outlook doesn't erase the file. Click File/Open and select the file. if you can't find it, use the Windows Explorer search and look for any *.pst file. -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook : Outlook Categories? Category Manager Is Your Tool : VBOffice Reporter for Data Analysis & Reporting : <http://www....