Pst import access Problem

I am experiencing a problem reading outlook files saved from work(a
pst) and imported to outlook at home.
These files were loaded to my home HD and folder/file properties wer
adjusted to not readonly.
After importing the messages they appear in their appropriate folders
When I attempt to open a message I receive this message in a pop-u
box:
Can't open this file.
I am running outlook 98 on my laptop and Outlook from Office XP on m
desktop. The Outlook98 version is 8.5.7806.0

Any help would be greatly appreciated as these files are important t
me.

Thank You

Jac

--
jskowa
jskowal's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=68

Rather than import, Did you try, in OL, File/Open/Personal Folder and browse
to location?

"jskowal" <jskowal.1nx9o2@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote in message

> I am experiencing a problem reading outlook files saved from work(as
> pst) and imported to outlook at home.
> These files were loaded to my home HD and folder/file properties were
> adjusted to not readonly.
> After importing the messages they appear in their appropriate folders.
> When I attempt to open a message I receive this message in a pop-up
> box:
> Can't open this file.
> I am running outlook 98 on my laptop and Outlook from Office XP on my
> desktop. The Outlook98 version is 8.5.7806.0
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated as these files are important to
> me.
>
> Thank You
>
> Jack
>

> --
> jskowal
> jskowal's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=685

DL
4/23/2005 9:26:29 AM
DL,

Thank You for the reply.  I had not tried this method,  I did use thi
method and found it to be a cleaner way to open the folder bu
unfortunately I received the same message when trying to open a singl
message???

Still perplexed

Jac

--
jskowa
jskowal's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=68

Presumably you've run the repair tool on the pst? - scanpst.exe -

"jskowal" <jskowal.1ny86a@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote in message

> DL,
>
> Thank You for the reply.  I had not tried this method,  I did use this
> method and found it to be a cleaner way to open the folder but
> unfortunately I received the same message when trying to open a single
> message???
>
> Still perplexed
>
> Jack
>

> --
> jskowal
> jskowal's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=685

DL
4/24/2005 8:05:28 AM
DL,

Again thank you for the post.  I had not run the scanpst tool but afte
your post I did.

I still get the "can't open file" message

Very frustrating

Jac

--
jskowa
jskowal's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=68

I'm afraid I havent used OL98 for sooo long I cannot think of any other
options.
You could, I guess test your pst - the one on the cd - by copying it back to
your work pc, any location ie clear of previous pst's eg a temp folder, then
in work Outlook, File/Open etc. If it functions OK then one would assume
there is possibly an issue between the two OL versions pst.
Though I understood any pst created (other than OL2003) could be opened by
any version of OL.

"jskowal" <jskowal.1o29zz@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote in message

> DL,
>
> Again thank you for the post.  I had not run the scanpst tool but after
> your post I did.
>
> I still get the "can't open file" message
>
> Very frustrating
>
> Jack
>

> --
> jskowal
> jskowal's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=685

DL

pop3 connector problem #2
I'm trying to set up exchange (actually SBS2003 with exchange) to use the pop3 connector and I have a problem with routing ....... The pop3 connector is working fine, mail is being pulled in to exchange from a GLOBAL mailbox and routed to the user..... My problem is that All the mail goes to a mailbox at the ISP for the domain (mailbox@mydomain.com) and that works fine..... The exchange pop3 connector connects to this mail box (mailbox@mydomain.com) and pulls all the mail there into exchange and sends it to the correct user.. Tha works fine. Certain users want to recieve mail at...

how do you access the autotext feature in Outlook 2007?
I am looking for the autotext feature from the 2007 i was using 2003 version before that. Thanks in advance. Check here: Tools menu > Options > Mail Format tab > Editor Options > Proofing > AutoCorrect options "paulsmith" <paulsmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9E03D08-2AE9-4B5F-ACA2-6BB881B8BE7A@microsoft.com... >I am looking for the autotext feature from the 2007 i was using 2003 >version > before that. It's Quick Parts now. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help...

Item Import
Can you just import an excel sheet into the ITEM table in HQ, or do other tables get effected which means I would have to use a import utility to populate the other tables automatically I tried it with a test item (importing into HQ) and then ran a 250. The test item did show up in the SO DB. QSCimport seems to populate the associated tables (Supplier, etc.). HTH, Tom -- The worst words in business: "We''ve always done it that way" -- Stop Fishing for eMail. "Jerry" wrote: > Can you just import an excel sheet into the ITEM table in HQ, or do other &g...

Remote access to Address Book

Accessing SAP WAS via SOAP / xml-namespace problem
hello everybody, I want to call a method on a SAP WAS. For testing purposes, I do have the same method on two WASs. One of them has been updated recently. The wsdl-files of both are not identical from a text point of view, however, from the xml-point of view they are (one declares all types inline, the other by type-attributes and subsequent definition). so, no wonder at all, both of them result in identical c#-proxyclasses after applying the wsdl.exe. the problem is, it works fine with one server, i.e. after calling 'invoke' in the proxyclass, I get an object arry with two non-null ...

import pst file #2
yet, another problem with importing a pst file: When I have chosen the file to import I get the message: 'Properties for this information service must be defined prior to use' But I cannot find anywhere to define it when importing??? I obviously made a definition naming the pst file when exporting it. But how do I import the file? How did you create this PST file? Was it ever on a CD? If so, remove its read only attribute. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "carsten" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0dad01c3c034$48890ec0$a001280a@phx.gbl....

File access error in Excel
I just started having a weird problem in Excel. I go to save a file that I recently opened and updated, and I get an error message that access to the file is denied for a file sharing error. If I save the file to another file name, and then immediately "save as" back to the original name, it works fine. I tried uninstalling and reloading Excel (a very laborious process because I must uninstall and reinstall all of Office Pro, and then download all updates since my CD copy). This seems to fix the problem for a while, but it returns a few weeks later. I am baffl...

Sync. question for .pst file.
If anyone can help, I would like to sync my .pst file from my office PC to my laptop. Now I am using the sync program in Windows 2K and I get the error that says this type of file is unable to be Synchronized. I have done this before, I know you can go into the Registry and change what types of files can and can't be Synchronized. Can anyone tell me where that setting is. It's been a while since I had to do this and I completely forgot. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. P.S. Running Win 2K and Office 2003. ...

Importing private calendar data to a public calendar
Hi, I have exported a private calendar to a PST file and I'm trying to import it into a public calendar I have created. I get a message saying "You have chosen to import a folder whose type differs from that of the selected folder. The items will be imported into a new folder with the same name." However it doesn't import it to anything I can find. I am able to import the data into another private calendar though so I no the data is good. Any suggestions on how to transfer private calendar data to a public folder calendar ? Thanks, Tony Tony Tuccillo wrote: > H...

access Hotmail via Outlook 2003
Hello: I'm at my wits end: I've tried everything I can think of but I can't get Outlook 2003 to access Hotmail on my laptop. It used to, but stopped sometime ago. I have Hotmail as one of the email accounts in my Outlook .pst however it will not save the password or access the server. When Outlook opens it accesses the servers for the email accounts (I have four, including Hotmail, that it checks) and the window pops up headed "Internet email - Hotmail" asking me for the user name and password. No matter how many times I click OK the window keeps popping up. ...

problem accessing attachments
How can I restore the access to an attachment file that has been marked as an unsafe file? If I highlight the e- mail containing the attachment and then I click forward the next window shows the attachment as being clear and I am able to open it. Is there a an option where I can unblock this command. This is happpening to all my e-mails that contain attachments, even to ones that I was able to open before. thanks Sounds like you're using Outlook Express - and actually, what you're doing is one of the best methods. That said, you can change the secutrity options in tools | o...

OpenForm arguments problem
Hi I am having a problem with OpenForm arguments, basically I want to dbl click on a listbox 'frmAuditTrail' and use the value in Column(2) of the listbox for the OpenForm argument, in order to filter the form to the ID of the patient I have dbl clicked on. frmPatient is the form I want to open, filtered to the correct patient, I am using the following code to do this in the dbl click event of frmAuditTrail -- Private Sub lstView2_DblClick(Cancel As Integer) Dim strValue As String strValue = Me.lstView2.Column(2) DoCmd.OpenForm "frmPatient", , , "[PtID] =" &a...

import MSOffice Calendar into MSPublisher Calendar
As the subject states, I need to import a personal calendar into Publisher for inclusion in a newsletter. Please advise if this can be done and how to do so. Thanks From what program are you trying to import into Publisher? Have you tried copy/paste? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Rhydderch" <Rhydderch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82C83069-2D95-4AA9-821F-A7DBD9286E99@microsoft.com... > As the subject states, I need to import a personal calendar into Publisher > for inclu...

How do I move current faulty pst to backup and set up a new pst?
Yesterday I had my laptop turn itself off, probably because of overheating. When I started it again Outlook can read but not write to the outlook.pst file. I've tried to run scanpst.exe but it freezes everything but the mouse about 6% in to the first step scan and I have to cold boot the laptop. I've tried copying outlook.pst to a different folder, a usb memory stick and via LAN to another pc but no luck, the copy locks up and never finishes. I have also run chkdsk several times and it recovered some misallocated sectors so something did go wrong with the file system. ...

I have 2 Access DB with linked tables
In DB 1 is frmTokenDelivery and in DB 2 are tblImageBuild and tblHardwareRequest. I link to the tables from DB1. The DBs belongs to two seperate departments. The two departments perform seperate operations that must be completed before hardware is delivered to the user or to another dept. for further action. My Need: I want to display a date in DB 2 on frmTokenDelivery in DB 1. Field in DB 2 is ProDate (i.e projected dated). Sorry for the long explaination. Any assistance will be highly appreciated! With regards, Sokan33 wrote: > In DB 1 is frmTokenDelivery and in DB 2 are tblIm...

OWA: Embedded URL access error
When I use OWA, everything works ok except that - When I click on a URL embedded in an email (say www.yahoo.com) I get a user login prompt (instead of a new browser window with th yahoo site) - Similarly, when click on the Logoff link, I get the same use login prompt Any help in debugging this will be appreciated Sam ...

How do I make a database to import AOL address book to Outlook Ex.
I exported my friends AOL address book to a text file and a HTML file. Is there a way to make this into a database I can import into Outlook Express? Thank you If you create a comma separated values file, then I think OE will be able to import that. You could open your text file in excel and File|saveAs (*.csv). I'd back up my addressbook first--just in case. onemulligan wrote: > > I exported my friends AOL address book to a text file and a HTML file. Is > there a way to make this into a database I can import into Outlook Express? > Thank you -- Dave Peterson ec3...

Importing addresses #2
Hi may i know if it's possible to import my yahoo and hotmail addresses into my outlook 2007, thanks Assuming they are web access accounts you need to check them as to what options there are for exporting the addresses to file that OL can import "Amin" <Amin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FBBDA469-5781-4393-82D0-6809779BFDC2@microsoft.com... > Hi may i know if it's possible to import my yahoo and hotmail addresses > into > my outlook 2007, thanks Amin <Amin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi may i know if it's possi...

size of .pst file #2
I have attempted to find the answer to this question by searching this group, but to no avail.... Until recently I was running Outlook 2003 with a single pst file. However, given that it has reached 800MB, and since I wanted to split the storage of personal and work emails, I decided to create 2 additional pst files ('personal' and 'work'). I did just that, following which I moved the relevant folders from within my Inbox structure to the two personal folders. To my suprise the original .pst file did not change in size. I shut down, restarted. I also tried to compact it, which...

Stopping mouse wheel in Access 2003
Private Sub Form_Load() ' Turn the MouseWheel Off Dim blRet As Boolean ' Call our MouseHook function in the MouseHook dll. ' Please note the Optional GlobalHook BOOLEAN parameter ' Several developers asked for the MouseHook to be able to work with ' multiple instances of Access. In order to accomodate this request I ' have modified the function to allow the caller to ' specify a thread specific(this current instance of Access only) or ' a global(all applications) MouseWheel Hook. ' Only use the GlobalHook if you will be running multiple instances of Access! ...

Old pst file
I have an old pst file saved on cd that I need to get an email address from. I no longer am on an exchange server. Is there a utility for viewing emails in the pst file? Is there a utility that will import the pst file into Outlook Express without having full Outlook on my system? Currently Outlook Express keeps saying to configure the Outlook email client before import. Thanks in advance for any help. OE cannot use PST files. The messages you are getting are correct. Believe them. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Outlook Dummy" <ab@pickapics.com> wrote in message news:...

Resizing cells when importing data from the clipboard
Hi, It is a litle wearisome when copying data from a web table or word table via the clipboard into Excel to then have to resize every column to make the data fit the cells. Is there a way to force Excel to resize columns to the width of the widest data? TIA Wibs -- Wibs ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Wibs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28922 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=490607 select the columns and do Format=>Columns=>Auto Fit Selection or after sel...

Keep an online copy of you Outlook data that you can synchronize across several locations and access it via web broswers
Hello, If you are an MS Outlook user, then you can try for 30 days completely free! please read the details below! Whether you are looking to backup your Microsoft Outlook data like contacts, calendar, tasks, notes, and To-Do List, or you are looking to backup your mobile phone, PDA, or PocketPC address book, InSynch Outlook Synchronization Service, is the service that can help any user who has multiple locations or within a workgroup to enhance the team work, by having a central backup on our server of his Microsoft Outlook 2000, 2002, XP or Microsoft Outlook 2003, calendar, address book, j...

problems adding new e-mail account to outlook
i have outlook 2002 and already use it for an earthlink and a hotmail account. i'm now trying to add a new e- mail account that i purchased through godaddy.com. i've set up the new accout, but keep getting errors when it tries to send the test message. any ideas?? leslie <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i have outlook 2002 and already use it for an earthlink > and a hotmail account. i'm now trying to add a new e- > mail account that i purchased through godaddy.com. i've > set up the new accout, but keep getting errors when it > tries...

RMS Import Integration.
Hi, I have an error when I import RM transactions from RMS to GP. I am using HQ 1.2 SP 2 and GP 8.0 SP3 and all options works well except RM Import window. The report log shows all document with error estatus code 1341. Any Idea? -- Evelin. ...