pst file outlook 2002

I get this message when i try to open Outlook 2002:

Unable to display the folder.  The file
C:\...outlook\outlook.pst has reached its maximum size.
To reduce the amount of data in this file, select some
items that you no longer need, then permanently
(shift+del) delete them.

I realize that the mailbox has alot of messages stored
up, but how am i supposed to delete some of them, if i
cannot even view the folder?

please help
thanks
0
accord (1)

See this page: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/repair2gbpst.htm

--
Aloha,

-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP
http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr

Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup.  Mahalo!

"kevin" <accord@mail.com> wrote in message
> I get this message when i try to open Outlook 2002:
>
> Unable to display the folder.  The file
> C:\...outlook\outlook.pst has reached its maximum size.
> To reduce the amount of data in this file, select some
> items that you no longer need, then permanently
> (shift+del) delete them.
>
> I realize that the mailbox has alot of messages stored
> up, but how am i supposed to delete some of them, if i
> cannot even view the folder?
>
> please help
> thanks

0
mvp1 (459)

Outlook 2002 backup question...please help!
Hi all, I am having a problem with windows which may require me to reformat. I cannot get into outlook (2002) via windows, but I can access files from dos. Can someone please tell me where the data files for outlook 2002 are stored, and which ones I'd need to copy? Thanks in advance for any help. Jim See if this info helps: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm "Jim" <lakerfan426@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OUhIH0oTGHA.4132@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > I am having a problem with windows which may require me to reformat. I >...

Unable to Read File #2
I cut and paste another part of the file to an existing excel file, When open the file again, the page is blank and a dialog box states: "Unable to open file". I saved my work every step of the way. I made a backup copy and have tried it several times. Each time the dialog box states : Unable to read file. What is the problem? Are you by any chance running XL97 or XL2K, and within the range that is being cut and pasted have any references to names that use formulas such as GET.WORKBOOK etc? I would have expected it to crash Excel if you do, but worth asking the qu...

How do I open a .pub file without publisher?
You don't. Not possible. David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] www.publishermvps.com www.davidbartosik.com "Amelia" <Amelia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D62EC10-AADF-44FD-A702-D084B5B5C42E@microsoft.com... > --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.776 / Virus Database: 523 - Release Date: 10/12/2004 Any one of the following options will work. Get and install Publisher. Send it to someone who will convert it to a pdf file. This assumes you have Acrobat Reader, if no...

Recurring emails from the same spammer prevents Outlook Express from receiving emails.
Recurring email with different content in the body but all from the same spammer prevents Outlook Express from receiving emails. All other emails begin to flow but when it reaches an email from this specific spammer the following error is generated by outlook express. No more email will flow until this spammers message is manually removed from the user mailbox. I have about 10 emails in a separate folder from the same spammer and moving any one of them into an inbox will stop a flow of email to a pop3 client dead. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for thi...

import pst file #2
yet, another problem with importing a pst file: When I have chosen the file to import I get the message: 'Properties for this information service must be defined prior to use' But I cannot find anywhere to define it when importing??? I obviously made a definition naming the pst file when exporting it. But how do I import the file? How did you create this PST file? Was it ever on a CD? If so, remove its read only attribute. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "carsten" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0dad01c3c034$48890ec0$a001280a@phx.gbl....

File access error in Excel
I just started having a weird problem in Excel. I go to save a file that I recently opened and updated, and I get an error message that access to the file is denied for a file sharing error. If I save the file to another file name, and then immediately "save as" back to the original name, it works fine. I tried uninstalling and reloading Excel (a very laborious process because I must uninstall and reinstall all of Office Pro, and then download all updates since my CD copy). This seems to fix the problem for a while, but it returns a few weeks later. I am baffl...

Sync. question for .pst file.
If anyone can help, I would like to sync my .pst file from my office PC to my laptop. Now I am using the sync program in Windows 2K and I get the error that says this type of file is unable to be Synchronized. I have done this before, I know you can go into the Registry and change what types of files can and can't be Synchronized. Can anyone tell me where that setting is. It's been a while since I had to do this and I completely forgot. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. P.S. Running Win 2K and Office 2003. ...

How to create Excel file?
Hi all I'm creating an application and I want to save the output in an excel sheet file, doesn any one know how can I do that ?? Thanks What do you mean, do you want to save it in a format that Execl can read, or do you want to save in a real execl file. Execl doesn't have a problem reading comma seperated files, if that exceptable. Or look into actually opening an execl spreadsheet within your application and let the user input their data directly into the spreadsheet. (COM Object) and here are links with descriptions to the file format http://sc.openoffice.org/excelfileformat.p...

Outlook 2003 blocks outgoing e-mail messages that are medium to la
Outlook 2003 e-mail works fine without attachments or with small Word documents attached. However with standard size Word attachments or larger, including PDF's etc. the Send hangs with the error message #OX800CCCOF saying it can't find the outgoing e-mail server. The mail server and my ISP are working fine. I have a Linksys residential router that works. The problem occurs despite having Norton e-mail filtering turned off, parental filtering not filtering e-mail, and my Norton Personal Firewall and Windows internal firewall turned off. Is this a Windows problem, an Outlook prob...

123 files
Is there any way to open Lotus 123 files in Excel? As far as I know, yes. Open them. Tyro "jasper" <jasper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE91293A-624E-4AA8-8B60-7CF3B18622C1@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to open Lotus 123 files in Excel? File>Open>Files of Type>Lotus 123 *.wk? Give it a try. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 19:01:00 -0800, jasper <jasper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there any way to open Lotus 123 files in Excel? What version of excel and what extension of the Lotus file? jaspe...

Outlook Express
I have 'lost' all my email for the last year+ when I updated from Win 98SE to XP Home. I reviewed the MKB article 312359 but I wasn't able to find any .dbx files on my computer using Explorer. The world won't come to an end but I would like to recover all the missing e-mail. Has anyone had this problem and knows how to fix? Thanks. ...

How do I move current faulty pst to backup and set up a new pst?
Yesterday I had my laptop turn itself off, probably because of overheating. When I started it again Outlook can read but not write to the outlook.pst file. I've tried to run scanpst.exe but it freezes everything but the mouse about 6% in to the first step scan and I have to cold boot the laptop. I've tried copying outlook.pst to a different folder, a usb memory stick and via LAN to another pc but no luck, the copy locks up and never finishes. I have also run chkdsk several times and it recovered some misallocated sectors so something did go wrong with the file system. ...

How do you setup outlook
Needing some serious help in setting up my outlook account for email. Name the version and what type of account that you want to use "Jackie" <Jackie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1AF684C3-9A2D-4912-8C6B-136F641B0AA7@microsoft.com... > Needing some serious help in setting up my outlook account for email. In article <1AF684C3-9A2D-4912-8C6B-136F641B0AA7@microsoft.com>, Jackie@discussions.microsoft.com says... > Needing some serious help in setting up my outlook account for email Such as? "Jackie" <Jackie@discussions.micros...

Password protecting certain worksheets in a file
How do I set passwords to protect just certain worksheets in a file? If you mean worksheet passwords, one way: Public Sub ProtectSomeButNotAll() Const sPWORD As String = "drowwsap" Dim vSheets As Variant Dim i As Long vSheets = Array("Sheet1", "Sheet3", "Sheet5") For i = LBound(vSheets) To UBound(vSheets) Worksheets(vSheets(i)).Protect sPWORD Next i End Sub In article <071001c53487$7cdd3bb0$a601280a@phx.gbl>, "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:...

Outlook 2007 goes offline repeatedly
Have at least 3 user complaining that when they open Outlook it is in the offline mode. Left untouched it will eventually (a few hours later, they say) go on line. I have checked their computers and their connectivity to the domain/servers and everything on that end is ok. Their Outlook settings are ok too. When Outlook goes offline, the icon shows up at the taskbar, but it doesn't (right click) give me the choice to go online again. Restarting the system seems to work. ...

Outlook on LAN
Is there a good way to copy and paste email messages from one machine to another on a LAN? I know I can forward through the mail server, but it seems silly to send all the way to the ISP and back to send from one room to another. -- Bob Burns Mill Hall PA (email is spamtrap) if you have a shared folder both machines can access, drop the messages into it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http:/...

Check Name returns No Suggestions
To the group: Outlook 2003, Windows XP I type in a name in the To: box and click the Check Names icon and it returns 'No Suggestions' The Order of Check Names Address Lists is set to Contacts first (Address Book > Tools > Options) - kb296948 I have reset the nickname and automatic completion cache - kb287623 I have even deleted some of the auto-complete names - kb292928 Still I get 'No Suggestions' when I type in a name I have in my Contacts. Any assistance or suggestions most welcome. Thank you. John Can you give an example of what you're typing in and wh...

::: Excel
Hello, Will anyone know how many tabs one Excel file can include ? Thanks for your input ... I will search on my side. Jacques Hi Jacques, From Excel HELP: Sheets in a workbook Limited by available memory (default is 3 sheets) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel <infojacques@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1176749959.961608.103850@y80g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... | Hello, | | Will anyone know how many tabs one Excel file can include ? | | Thanks for your input ... I will search on my side. | | Jacques | Jacques, You don't say which version of Exce...

size of .pst file #2
I have attempted to find the answer to this question by searching this group, but to no avail.... Until recently I was running Outlook 2003 with a single pst file. However, given that it has reached 800MB, and since I wanted to split the storage of personal and work emails, I decided to create 2 additional pst files ('personal' and 'work'). I did just that, following which I moved the relevant folders from within my Inbox structure to the two personal folders. To my suprise the original .pst file did not change in size. I shut down, restarted. I also tried to compact it, which...

Old pst file
I have an old pst file saved on cd that I need to get an email address from. I no longer am on an exchange server. Is there a utility for viewing emails in the pst file? Is there a utility that will import the pst file into Outlook Express without having full Outlook on my system? Currently Outlook Express keeps saying to configure the Outlook email client before import. Thanks in advance for any help. OE cannot use PST files. The messages you are getting are correct. Believe them. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Outlook Dummy" <ab@pickapics.com> wrote in message news:...

CRM Slowing Down/Locking Up Outlook
So, I seem to be having an issue where Outlook performance is suffering with the CRM loaded up. It continually locks up and I have to Ctr-Alt-Del to close it and then reopen. And when I have an email with an attachment, it can take as long as a minute to get the email to open, appearing to once again lock up, but ultimately to open. Anyone else experiencing this issue? ...

backup Outlook.pst file if busy
Some users leave their Outlook up overnight & our backup can't pickup a busy outlook.pst file. Can I automatically close Outlook say at 11:00pm before our backups run? Thanks. Doug <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Some users leave their Outlook up overnight & our backup > can't pickup a busy outlook.pst file. Can I automatically > close Outlook say at 11:00pm before our backups run? Some remote-control programs allow this. -- Brian Tillman ...

Outlook 2003 Taking too long to Load
I am using Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager. I have one Pop3 account and 2 Hotmail accounts. It takes 1 minute and 45 seconds to completely load the application and view a folder. I have removed the two Hotmail accounts and the application opens in less than 15 seconds. Why is there such a down time. Regards Craig ...

creation of bmp files
is there a method of creating bmp files by entering (x,y) coordinates into a spreadsheet and then somehow converting to a bmp file? Are you hoping to create bmp files of charts? "c vance" <cgvance@juno.com> wrote in message news:030b01c3a583$61c5aef0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > is there a method of creating bmp files by entering > (x,y) coordinates into a spreadsheet and then somehow > converting to a bmp file? ...

why outlook1.pst and outlook.pst?
Hello, A friend's PC using Outlook 2003 has 2 .pst files - Outlook.pst and Outlook1.pst in Documents and Settings\<his name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook.. One is about 1/10 the size of the other and one starts with upper case letter O and the other with lower case letter o. I cannot remember which way round. Why are there 2 .pst files? Cheers, Geoff Are both constantly updated? Maybe one is his archive PST file where old data gets moved during the AutoArchive process. If not maybe he created one by accident and it's just sitting there unused. "...