PST Backup #3

I downloaded and installed the Microsoft PST backup utility into
Outlook 2003, but the option dosn't appear on the file menu. If  try to
re-install, it says the utility is already installed. Anyone know what
may have gone wrong?

0
ron4513 (2)

"Toad" <ron@somercotes.net> wrote in message
> I downloaded and installed the Microsoft PST backup utility into
> Outlook 2003, but the option dosn't appear on the file menu. If  try
> to re-install, it says the utility is already installed. Anyone know
> what may have gone wrong?

The MS pst backup tool only works on closing Outlook - have you tried
closing Outlook to see whether that then gives you a prompt to backup?

0
gordon7598 (483)
8/10/2005 8:11:06 AM
Opened it, closed it, searched it, all to no avail. It seems to have
disappeared altogether.

0
ron4513 (2)
8/10/2005 5:26:36 PM
Toad <ron@somercotes.net> wrote:

> I downloaded and installed the Microsoft PST backup utility into
> Outlook 2003, but the option dosn't appear on the file menu. If  try
> to re-install, it says the utility is already installed. Anyone know
> what may have gone wrong?

You can get it back like this:  Click Tools>Options>Other>Advanced
Options>COM Add-Ins.  If you see "Outlook Backup Addin" unchecked, check it
and click OK.  If it's not checked, click Add and browse to C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\Addins\outbak.dll and click OK.  (The "10"
may be another number, but on my OL 2003 installation, it's still "10".)
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)
8/10/2005 5:37:32 PM
And if Brian's post doesnt resolve it;

The add-in may not be registered correctly. So, try registering the dll with

the following steps.

1. Exit Outlook.

2. On the Start menu click Run

3. In the Open box type the following and click OK.

   regsvr32 "c:\program files\microsoft office\office\addins\outbak.dll"

NOTE: You may need to adjust the above path to Outbak.dll to match the

location on your computer.

4. After running the command line start Outlook.

- The above frm an earlier post -

Also see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810932

David

> Opened it, closed it, searched it, all to no avail. It seems to have
> disappeared altogether.

0
DL

import pst file #2
yet, another problem with importing a pst file: When I have chosen the file to import I get the message: 'Properties for this information service must be defined prior to use' But I cannot find anywhere to define it when importing??? I obviously made a definition naming the pst file when exporting it. But how do I import the file? How did you create this PST file? Was it ever on a CD? If so, remove its read only attribute. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "carsten" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0dad01c3c034$48890ec0$a001280a@phx.gbl....

Outlook 2002 backup question...please help!
Hi all, I am having a problem with windows which may require me to reformat. I cannot get into outlook (2002) via windows, but I can access files from dos. Can someone please tell me where the data files for outlook 2002 are stored, and which ones I'd need to copy? Thanks in advance for any help. Jim See if this info helps: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm "Jim" <lakerfan426@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OUhIH0oTGHA.4132@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > I am having a problem with windows which may require me to reformat. I >...

Risk and Decision Analysis @Risk, Evolver, Decisiontools, Roy Kelly FloorTrader Tools 8.3, AmiBroker 5.0, MultiCharts 2.1, NinjaTrader 6, OwnData 2.6, VantagePoint 7.0.11.2, other ...
Risk and Decision Analysis @Risk, Evolver, Decisiontools, Roy Kelly FloorTrader Tools 8.3, AmiBroker 5.0, MultiCharts 2.1, NinjaTrader 6, OwnData 2.6, VantagePoint 7.0.11.2, other ... please send e-mail to : ola 'AT' mail 'DOT' gr , ola3 'AT' mailbox 'DOT' gr , ( please substitute 'AT' with '@' , and 'DOT' with '.' ) , ola@mail.gr, ola3@mailbox.gr, ======================================= RISK ANALYSIS with @RISK --- @RISK 4.5.7 for Excel, Compatible with Excel 2007, ( Standard, Porfessional, Industrial ) @RISK 4.5.6 Internat...

Public Folder replication problems #3
Hello. We are running an exchange environment with LAN and WAN locations. I run into a strange problem. On 2 WAN locations my public folders won't replicate even if I say "Send Contents" or set rplication to always run every with 1 minute interval. I tried to create a public folder using the ESM on the Wan server and another one using ESM on another server on main location and I can see each folder on each location but not both on both locations if you know what I mean. If I expand "Public Folder Store" on the problem server and go to "Replication Status&q...

Sync. question for .pst file.
If anyone can help, I would like to sync my .pst file from my office PC to my laptop. Now I am using the sync program in Windows 2K and I get the error that says this type of file is unable to be Synchronized. I have done this before, I know you can go into the Registry and change what types of files can and can't be Synchronized. Can anyone tell me where that setting is. It's been a while since I had to do this and I completely forgot. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. P.S. Running Win 2K and Office 2003. ...

ODBC Connection #3
Dears, This is the case: - We have Windows server 2008 standard, SQL server 2005 SP2, GP 10.0 SP3. - We can create an ODBC on the server with no problems. - SQL server is running. - But when trying to create an ODBC on a client PC we have SQL 08001 -1 error, also when trying to change the account the SQL is running on from LOCAL SYSTEM to NETWORK SERVICE we have an error saying we can’t add a new member to group……. - We tested all above using Administrator user. Thanks. Is your SQL Server 2005 a 64-bit RDBMS? Also, your ODBC connection requires SQL Server authentication, not Windows Au...

How do I move current faulty pst to backup and set up a new pst?
Yesterday I had my laptop turn itself off, probably because of overheating. When I started it again Outlook can read but not write to the outlook.pst file. I've tried to run scanpst.exe but it freezes everything but the mouse about 6% in to the first step scan and I have to cold boot the laptop. I've tried copying outlook.pst to a different folder, a usb memory stick and via LAN to another pc but no luck, the copy locks up and never finishes. I have also run chkdsk several times and it recovered some misallocated sectors so something did go wrong with the file system. ...

Product Keys #3
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello I bought Office v.X a while ago and I use it on an older Mac computer. I also just purchased a new Mac and wished to run my version of Office on it as well. When I run it on the new computer, an error occurs and says that it cannot be run simultaneously on two computers under the same product code and then it closes. I thought that the product came with three licenses? Where are the other licenses at for this and/or how can I obtain them? Thanks much! In article <59b7269b.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, St...

size of .pst file #2
I have attempted to find the answer to this question by searching this group, but to no avail.... Until recently I was running Outlook 2003 with a single pst file. However, given that it has reached 800MB, and since I wanted to split the storage of personal and work emails, I decided to create 2 additional pst files ('personal' and 'work'). I did just that, following which I moved the relevant folders from within my Inbox structure to the two personal folders. To my suprise the original .pst file did not change in size. I shut down, restarted. I also tried to compact it, which...

Old pst file
I have an old pst file saved on cd that I need to get an email address from. I no longer am on an exchange server. Is there a utility for viewing emails in the pst file? Is there a utility that will import the pst file into Outlook Express without having full Outlook on my system? Currently Outlook Express keeps saying to configure the Outlook email client before import. Thanks in advance for any help. OE cannot use PST files. The messages you are getting are correct. Believe them. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Outlook Dummy" <ab@pickapics.com> wrote in message news:...

Lookup Issue (V 3.0 CRM)
Hello, On my Opportunity Form, I have a look-up field called "customerid". I need to write some JavScript code that when the user selects a customer (account) from the customerid field lookup, the custom field CFScompanyname is automatically fills in. How do I get the company name from the above LookUp Does anyone have an idea on how I would go about doing this? Thanks In the onChange event of the customerid field, put a javascript like: var custName=crmForm.all.customerid.DataValue[0].name; { crmForm.CFScompanyname.value=custName; } -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http:/...

backup Outlook.pst file if busy
Some users leave their Outlook up overnight & our backup can't pickup a busy outlook.pst file. Can I automatically close Outlook say at 11:00pm before our backups run? Thanks. Doug <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Some users leave their Outlook up overnight & our backup > can't pickup a busy outlook.pst file. Can I automatically > close Outlook say at 11:00pm before our backups run? Some remote-control programs allow this. -- Brian Tillman ...

Question on Switching to Forms Based Login-WSS 3.0
I have a WSS 3.0 server currently configured as a Windows 2003 memeber server. I would like to switch this to a webpage/form based login screen. I think this is possible but have some questions. My Sharepoint users are a combination of Active Directory accounts and also user accounts that are local to the Sharepoint server. Our company employees who access Sharepoint while on our network are never asked for login but when they travel and access SP via the web, then they have to user the domainname\username to login. Our sales reps have local accounts on the 2003 member server and...

Syntax to obtain the SubAddress of a Hyperlink in A1 on Sheet1 #3
2003 In addition, the best way to separate the Sheetname from the Cell reference from that SubAddress. Any thoughts appreciated! TIA EagleOne ...

Outlook 2000 email #3
Everytime I send an email it goes to my outbox. Why dosen't it get sent out? Do they accumulate there forever? Are there any warning messages when you click on Send? If you press F5 (Send/Receive) do you get any error messages? "Mel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00ad01c4aa42$17ac5570$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Everytime I send an email it goes to my outbox. Why > dosen't it get sent out? My setup does the same, I don't know why it is - if its a bug or a setting orjust the way outlook works. If I try to close Outlook it war...

Print Preview #3
Since previously utilized frequently, I am certain that the Print Preview feature displayed the Preview Window in color whether using a black and white or a color printer. Now the system will only display the Preview Window in black and white if you are using a black and white printer and color if you are using a color printer. Any suggestions? My print preview shows the colored areas as gray-scale when I choose the black and white only Panasonic 1124. I have tried with several printers. B & W only printer does not show color in Print Preview Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 10 Ju...

customizatiton backup
I had to replace my hard drive. I reinstalled Office 2003. I need to move scores of Outlook toolbar customizations from my backup folder. How do I do this? Where do I find the file in my back up to move to my new drive? toolbars are in the outcmd.dat file in the outlook folder on the old drive - %USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook For more information, see http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/filepath.htm. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: ...

Outlook PST file empty.
I have 2 .pst files. When I view the file properties in Explorer/File Manager etc they show as 4MB and 40MB in size respectively. When I open them through Outlook (2000, 2002 on NT and XP) both files show as completely empty, and the file size as 0KB. I've run scanpst.exe, and it can't find any problems with the files. Has anyone got any ideas? See if any of the additional tips on the following page help: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/scanpst.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the n...

3 cell problem
Hi need help with this simple task. 3 cells A1 A2 & A3, if cell a2 has the number 1 in it I need cell A1 to display yes, if cell a3 has the number 1 in it I need cell A1 to display no, If both cells are blank I need A1 to be blank. Thanks Much... Diane maybe... =if(a2=1,"yes",if(a3=1,"no",if(and(a2="",a3=""),"","what goes here"))) What happens if both a2 and a3 contain 1? What happens if A2 or A3 are not blank, but don't contain 1? ...

Money 2004 budget problem #3
i am setting up a budget in 2004. I have a loan account that we paid off. This loan keeps showing up in my budget under debt evev though there is a zero balance and the account is closed. It shows the regular payment amount and i have tried everything possible to get it out of there. Money help says to uncheck a box on the left hand side of the page in the account page so it wont be included in my budget amount but there is no such box. Any help would be appreciated Bonnie Brennan This is a stretch, but was the loan ever (and I mean ever) part of the Debt Reduction Planner? I...

why outlook1.pst and outlook.pst?
Hello, A friend's PC using Outlook 2003 has 2 .pst files - Outlook.pst and Outlook1.pst in Documents and Settings\<his name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook.. One is about 1/10 the size of the other and one starts with upper case letter O and the other with lower case letter o. I cannot remember which way round. Why are there 2 .pst files? Cheers, Geoff Are both constantly updated? Maybe one is his archive PST file where old data gets moved during the AutoArchive process. If not maybe he created one by accident and it's just sitting there unused. "...

Currency format #3

pst
Hi I know PSTs over a LAN aren't supported, and are a crappy idea but they used to work fine with the Novell server used in exactly the same way. Since migrating it to windows server 2003 we;re getting problems with people being able to open them. They work for a bit and then stop. I'm assuming it's some network configuration that needs to be changed on the server. But does anyone have any idea what? Thanks Barry I am sure you have seen http://www.swinc.com/resources/exchange/faq_db.asp?status=questions&faqID=1000&faqname=Exchange%205.5&sectionID=1013&sect...

Out of office message #3
When I go on vacation or will be away form my computer for a long period of time is there a way I can send a message out automatically to all received e-mails saying something like I am out of the office and will return on such and such a date? Or be able to type whatever message I like. Thanks, Frank Frank Lewandowski wrote: > When I go on vacation or will be away form my computer for > a long period of time is there a way I can send a message > out automatically to all received e-mails saying something > like I am out of the office and will return on such and > such a d...

Chart Area #3
I know I have done before, but can't seem to remember how to get doable results. I want to be able to have 3 different background colors on a chart Green, Yellow, and Red. Then 3 columns that are used to show different numbers. The background colors are to help the viewer see quickly if their numbers are in a valid range. -- Thanks, Nikki Nikki - Here's one way: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/HorizBands.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Nikki&q...