Protection

Hi everyone
OK my problem is I am using an offie computer that everyone has access to and we cannot - and do not want to - change this. Is there a way that I can put a password for my profile on Microsoft outlook so that no one can read the new AND the old messages found in my inbox?
0
emadkamel (1)

You can put a password on your PST file, presuming you use a PST file...

Emad Kamel wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> OK my problem is I am using an offie computer that everyone has
> access to and we cannot - and do not want to - change this. Is there
> a way that I can put a password for my profile on Microsoft outlook
> so that no one can read the new AND the old messages found in my
> inbox?

0
lanwench (7567)

Password Protect Outlook #2
I work in an offcie environment and sometimes have to leave my PC unattended for just a few minutes. Unfortunately some confidential emails have been read by my staff and I need a way of safeguarding them other than turning off the PC, is there any way I can password protect access into my Outlook 2000, so all I do is close Outlook. (Sorry still operating under W95) Many thanks You can set a password on a Personal Folders File. If the folder list isn't visible in Outlook, click View | Folder List. Right-click the root folder (usually "Personal Folders" or "Outlook T...

protecting outlined data
I want to be able to use the expand/collapse function in outlines when the worksheet is protected. Copy this macro in a normal module It will run automatic when you open the workbook You can also use the workbook open event Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="rbelecki", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True End With End Sub Look in the VBA help for more information about protect(userinterfaceonly) -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "rbelecki" <rbelecki@l...

Quicken Password protected
I just got Money 2004 Deluxe, I am trying to import my data from Quicken and the program says there is a password for my quicken account that is required, but I never had a password. No way to get past this. Any ideas? If your data file is Q04, Money04 can only deal with Q03 or older. Otherwise, who knows? "Stephen Weiss" <stephenaweiss@comcast.net> wrote in message news:012f01c3cb22$9a957ac0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I just got Money 2004 Deluxe, I am trying to import my > data from Quicken and the program says there is a password > for my quicken account that is req...

How to protect 2. axis in an Excel Chart to stay if data changes
A Pivot table is created on Tab1 in an Excel workbook. On Tab2 there is a Line Chart created with data from Tab 1 using 2 axis. If data in Tab1 change the 2nd axis on Tab 2 disappears, jumps ober and overrules axis 1. How can I protect chart area with 2 axis being able to change referring data in the pivot table. ...

Password protection on split database
I have a database which is split into front end and back end. The front end is password protected but the backend isn't Is it possible to protect both with the same password? I've tried protecting the backend with a password but when I open the front end it can't "see" the backend. Any ideas? Thanks Tony Put a password on the backend, then, after opening the front-end, use the Linked Table Manager to update the links (just like you would if you had moved the backend). You should be prompted for the 'missing' password during this process. You should only...

Protection
Hi everyone OK my problem is I am using an offie computer that everyone has access to and we cannot - and do not want to - change this. Is there a way that I can put a password for my profile on Microsoft outlook so that no one can read the new AND the old messages found in my inbox? You can put a password on your PST file, presuming you use a PST file... Emad Kamel wrote: > Hi everyone, > OK my problem is I am using an offie computer that everyone has > access to and we cannot - and do not want to - change this. Is there > a way that I can put a password for my profile on Micr...

CANNOT PROTECT
Trying to password and read only protect a Microsoft Word docuement that is embedded in Excel. When I open the "protected" document, the read-only prompt does not appear...and I can still make changes and close the docuement. HELP! Try this: create the document directly in word, protect it and save it to disk. Then copy the text you want and past it special as an OLE object in excel Peter ...

How to protect cells?
I would like to protect a range of cells (A2:D24) with a password for a group of users that would make changes to cells in this range. Then on the same sheet, also protect a range of cells (E2:E24) from everyone but me. Is this possible? Thanks. Mark, Please don't multipost. See the thread in .programming. John "Mark F." <m7829@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:FSzQb.10797$6o4.894@fe2.texas.rr.com... > I would like to protect a range of cells (A2:D24) with a password for a > group of users that would make changes to cells in this range. Then on > the same she...

Spreadsheet password protection
How do you password protect a spreadsheet. I can't find anything in the help section. You can prevent un authorised access by giving a password to open the workbook itself, so that no one else can open it (Go to Tools, Options and then Security Tab). You can do it there if you have already saved the file, or you can go to "save as" then "Tools" and "General Options" where you can give password. On the other hand you can protect work sheets and ranges for different people by using "Tools" and then "Protection" Tab -- M Imran Buha...

How to Activate "Show all" in a Protected Shared Workbook
Hi, I created a protected and shared workbook in Excel 2003 ,the default Filter Option is "Auto Filter" how can I use the "Show All" in Filtering.? even I unchecked the "Filter Settings" in "Tools-> Share Workbook -> Advanced -> Include Personal View " but it did not work. Thanks. You can't. If the workbook were not shared, then you could create your own macro that unprotects the worksheet, does the showall and reprotects the worksheet. But with the workbook shared, you can't change the protection of a shee...

Protecting a Worksheet
Does anybody know how to protect a workbook so that a user CANNOT unhide a sheet, CANNOT add rows to the viewable sheet, CANNOT alter locked cells, but CAN add text to a comments column which will expand and Wrap text as the comments increase in size? I understand how to protect/unprotect locked cells, but I cannot find the right combination for the above functionality. Is it even possible? Any help is greatly appreciated. Jeff When a _Workbook_ is protected (Tools, Protection, Protect Workbook, Structure) sheets cannot be unhidden. When a _Worksheet_ is protected locked cells ca...

Password protected sheet access
I have a spreadsheet protected with a unknown password. How do I access this sheet? Ps: the "read only" option is not available. Thanks, Rivane. Hi Rivane Is this the password for opening the file, or the one for unlocking locked cells in the already open sheet ? Best wishes Harald Excel MVP Followup to newsgroup only please. "Rivane Cardim" <rivane.cardim@exxonmobil.com> wrote in message news:0a8801c35dae$a03275a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have a spreadsheet protected with a unknown password. > How do I access this sheet? > > Ps: the "read only...

Excel Sheet Protection
I am trying to protect a spreadsheet from any editing, while allowing the user to use the autofilter and sorting function. I tried checking the "Use AutoFilter" and "Sort" checkboxes in the Protect Sheet dialog box to protect the document. It does allow you to filter records based on selecting a value from the drop down list box of the autofilter, but it does not allow me to sort. Please help! If you have locked cells that are in the range to sort, then checking that box in the tools|Protection|protect sheet dialog won't work for you. You may want to provid...

protect a protected worksheet
I have got one Excel sheet which is password protected some of the users know the password , i dont want to allow these users to change some of the columns of the work sheet..but it should be open for me.. Maybe look into just protecting the cells that you do not want to be edited by anyone else. Password protecting a worksheet is scary since if it gets lost or forgotten it is a bear to get it unprotected. You can make the document read only also. Just some ideas. "darshan" wrote: > I have got one Excel sheet which is password protected some of the users know > the pas...

To Norman or Alan Macro About Macros protected Sheets
Hi, Paul again, Sorry but I have a last question. When I type at the end of the Macro code: Sheets("Critical Path"),protect("My Password") What else do I need to type to enable the Auto filter & the Data Sort Thanks Paul. Your post is separated from the original thread. Are you using xl2002+? If yes, I got this line when I recorded a macro protecting a sheet, but allowing autofilter and sort: ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, _ Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True, _ AllowSorting:=True, AllowFiltering:=True So... worksheets("cri...

Data protection
Hi, I have an excel sheet which an be used by many users. The sheet contains private information about each user. Now I want to protect the "private information" of one user from other (i.e when user_1 opens the sheet he only sees his information and not the information of any other user) Is it possible in excel ? Any protection in Excel and hidding of sheets can be cracked in minutes. Lots of free stuff to do that. It better to just send the user their individual sheet. Robert Flanagan http://www.add-ins.com Productivity add-ins and downloadable books on VB macros for Excel ...

DPM 2007
Hi, we've just set up our second DPM server for DPM to DPM replication which will eventually be located at our DR site. I would like to extend the current protection of our VHD's on our Hyper-V servers to this second DPM server. However when we configured the second DPM server we noticed that in the list of "protected computers" the Hyper-V servers do not show up. We are currently only protecting the actual VM's and nothing else on the physical host. Does anyone know what requirements need to be met so that we can protect the VM's on the secondary D...

Protect Shared Workbook problem
My OS: XP Professional SP3 My Excel version is 2003 (11.8307.8221) SP3 Problem: When I Protect Share the workbook. (Tools->Protect Share Workbook->track changes) Define a range in the worksheet and try and sort it, then all the columns get highlighted and sorted. In addition, I can't seem to unprotect the sheet, when originally protected without password. Any insights? TYIA Richard Mishelof ...

File protection
Someone could tell me how i can add a password when i open a publisher file? Thanks You will need to get a program to do that. EasyFP is one of the best around for not only does it protect you file from intruding eyes, the file can not be deleted without the password. If interested, visit www.tinyurl.com/wifs Software page.Click on a song and enjoy the visit. -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of the 45+ countries in America! "Claudio Conti" <claudioconti77@tin.it> wrote in message news:ejYBb.191139$hV.7164184@news2.tin.it... > Someone ...

How do I protect only formulas in Excel?
Hi, I am looking for a solution to be able to allow some cells that are unlocked to have other users enter data into them, however I don't wan't other users to be able to enter formulas without a password. I have heard of this being done before but I didn't know if it was an option I've overlooked or some kind of advanced VB code. Any help is greatly appreciated, RH Hi, Just an idea: try catching OnChange event and check if = is entered and then popup a password dialog Hope this helps. Peter -- http://blog.jausovec.net "RHmcse2003" je napisal: >...

Sheet Protection
Hello, I have a problem protecting a worksheets. Basically there are several columns on this sheet where I enter date, employee ID number and it gives me other info about this employee in other columns retrieved from yet another sheet. The problem I have is that this workbook is used by other people and they often accidentally delete formulas I have in those other columns. So I wanted to protect the sheet leaving only those columns where we type in, unprotected. Everything works fine except that I also have VBA code which tells excel to keep the format of the sheet (for print purpose) the same...

Protect Workbook Vs Protect Sheet
Hiii hope u are all ok. i have a problem about protect workbook.when i go to tools menus and then point to Protection and click on the protect work book to protect workbook can't be done as it should be.. probably i don't know the proper way how to protect a workbook........ plz help me . thank u very much indeed. (inadvance) Hi there, you can protect the workbook itself (against modification = read only, or even fully, against all access) when saving the file: file menu/ save as/ Tools (dropdown list on the panel right hand side) / settings and adding the PW hope, this help...

Protecting my formulas
Is there a way that I can protect cells where i have my formulas so other users CAN'T SEE THEM in the formula bar or in any other way? Thanks, Marko Hi Marco, 1. Select the whole sheet 2. Go to menu Format>Cells... tab Protection, uncheck Locked, press OK 3. Select cells/ranges to protect 4. Go to menu Format>Cells... tab Protection, check Locked and Hidden, press OK 5. Go to menu Tools>Protect Sheet... and follow the instructions... Regards, KL "marko" <marko19@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1134986224.434038.101220@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > I...

Expanding/Collapsing outlines when protected
When protecting a worksheet, what options must we select as exceptions in order for the user to be able to expand or collapse outlines when the worksheet is protected? If there is such an option does it open the door to other unexpected edits? I don't think you'll find an option to use for enabling outlining. But you can use code: If you already have the outline/subtotals/autofilter applied, you can protect the worksheet in code (auto_open/workbook_open??). Option Explicit Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="hi", useri...

protect
I've protected a column of cells in my worksheet, but I've also set it so that rows can be added and deleted. But if I try to insert a row and copy the data from an existing row, I get an error since I'm trying to 'update' the protected cell. A similar problem happens when I try to delete (I'm assuming because one of cells is protected and it thinks I'm trying to change it.) What's the purpose of allowing adding and deleting rows to protected sheets if it doesn't work when a row has a locked column.? bIs there any way around this? Thanks Just as ...