Programs to open links in Email

Hi

I have this problem with Outlook. When I click on a link in
an email I get the Following message Nvidia Windows 2000/XP
display Drivers (install shield and setup) Antivirus
software running, please select no, Disable the software,
then restrat setup Otherwise click yes to continue. Whether
I click yes or no does not matter as the link does not
work. The big thing is are even if i nstall the software it
does not help.I am using an ATI 9600 All in Wonder Video
Card not an NVIDIA software or video card and have not used
one for months
0
anonymous (74722)

William komar <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have this problem with Outlook. When I click on a link in
> an email I get the Following message Nvidia Windows 2000/XP
> display Drivers (install shield and setup) Antivirus
> software running, please select no, Disable the software,
> then restrat setup Otherwise click yes to continue.

Check what is associated with ".htm" files.  In Windows Explorer, click
Tools>Folder Options>File Types.  Make sure the "URL" types are correct and
that the "HTM" and "HTML" associations are correct.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)
6/9/2004 5:48:25 PM
Both the HTM and HTML open with internet explorer is this
Correct

0
anonymous (74722)
6/11/2004 1:21:06 AM

0
anonymous (74722)
6/11/2004 12:37:11 PM
 GOT IT  thanks for the assistance

0
anonymous (74722)
6/11/2004 12:37:52 PM
William Komar <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> GOT IT  thanks for the assistance

You're welcome.
--
Brian Tillman
0

Can't reply, forward, or print some emails in sent folder
In Outlook 2002, I can't reply or forward some emails in the sent folder. The toolbar and file menu stay gray on a large number of emails and I can not select any action. However on emails sent just a minute before, I can reply, forward, or print them. What could be causing this? ...

IE8 Doesn't open links
I just did a fresh install of W7 Ultimate and since the change IE8 is acting strangely. When I click on links in a web page there is no reaction at all. I turned off the popup blocker and that had no effect. Also when I was trying to post this message with IE8 it wouldn't let me open the new message box. I ended up doing it with FireFox. I have other W7 Ultimate installs with IE8 that work just fine. Any ideas? One more thing. This isn't consistent, some links will open. However the one's that won't also don't react when I attempt to open them using the "...

Communications Between Program and Controlling Program
Hi All, I'm looking for feedback on the best way to code communications between Programs. The architecture we are looking at is similar to Symantec AV or others - a control program sends messages to the worker program on a different machine. The worker program communicates back when complete (with a result), and gets another chunk of work. The messages will be small. What will be communicated is as follows: Control Program: Control Program Start Control Program Stop (Worker queues messages) Control Program sends a piece of work when requested Worker Program: Worker Program Start Worke...

Outlook 2007 not getting new emails on first start up.
Hi there news group :-) We have a Exchange 2003 setup (SBS) with Outlook setup to use RPC over HTTPS and it works fine, most of the time. But sometimes we have an issue with some users not getting new emails. Outlook apears to be connected to Exchange, but it does not update. It appears to happen only when the user starts outlook first time after login. The solution for the user is to restart outlook, then the new email gets delivered. The problem is both on our XP and Vista clients. Outlook is updated with SP2 We use Panda Antivirus on the clients...

Windows Mail
After about 5 or 10 minutes in Windows Mail, the folders disappear and I have the message "Folders could not be displayed - Windows Mail could not open this folder. Possible causes are:&nbsp; Low disk space.&nbsp; Low memory". My desktop gadgets show CPU at 20% and memory at 50%.&nbsp; I have quite a&nbsp;few filters on the Inbox.&nbsp; Are these likely to be the cause ?The only way to get them back seems to be a reboot . . .&nbsp; until the next time . . . &nbsp; Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums Which antivirus a...

Running another program
Is it possible to run another program from within excel? The software I use at work is very repetitive and requires the same key-sequences entered many times. I got a key logger to help automate this so now I just press one key and the key logger will play back the sequence I recorded. I now want to be able to call the key logger from excel with a parameter to automate things further. Excel has its own macro recorder. Why not use it? "Stephen Miller" <StephenMiller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:669A213C-F604-424D-A640-D90BEEDB83BC@mic...

Cannot Copy/Paste to some programs
I am using XP Home Edition and Word 2003 and Firefox browser. I find that, even though I can copy/pate between word.docs I cannot copy/paste to a Moonfruit website that I am building. I am in touch with moonfruit and it has them baffled. They are able to copy/paste to my website with no problem. I also find I cannot copy/Paste URLs from Firefox to IE browser. Any ideas? Thanks On 5 June, 15:45, Merryterry <ter...@fsmail.net> wrote: > I am using XP Home Edition and Word 2003 and Firefox browser. > > I find that, even though I can copy/pate between word.docs I ...

Block Exchange to pick up emails
Hello, I want to use Exchange only to send (not to receive) emails. It is possible ? My configuration : Outbound : Exchange -> Internet SMTP Inbound : Internet SMTP -> pop connector The problem is that Exchange is connecting by smtp to pick up emails in the Internet SMTP (the pop connection is not always used). Thanks for your help On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 12:27:27 -0800, "Patrick D." <PatrickD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I want to use Exchange only to send (not to receive) emails. It is possible ? >My configuration : >Outbound : Exchang...

From Outlook 2010 to another program
Following a reply from Microsoft ("we know about your problem, we are working on it but currently we don't have a solution") I need to start using a different program until the problem is solved. O.S. is Seven, which is the best way to move all mails/accounts/contacts to something different? I read that Windows Live Mail doesn't import messages so I need to move to something out of Microsoft... -- /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ T /-\ -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- - -=- >>>>> http://www.bb2002.it :) <<<<< ............ [ al lavoro ] ......

Unnecessary messages from the outlook program + ...
Hi there... When I've pressed "send and recieve" and waited... there are two messages from the program which I think should not be necessary and could be dispensed with possibly ?? Message 1. says, new mail has arrived would you like to read it now. Message 2. says, it has been moved. we know that the email messages that it's refering to are spam and have duly been put into the norton antispam folder... so why are these messages necessary and how do we configure to get rid of them. when I press "send and recieve" at the beginning I would like to see and read em...

yahoo email
Can I configure yahoo E-mail with outlook. Please Help yes but it costs money. POP used to be free then they started charging for it. It might be free again... who knows. Look on Yahoo for directions. "YIARA" <gatitapr04_7@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ur7b0ajJEHA.3712@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Can I configure yahoo E-mail with outlook. > > Please Help > > I think it is once again free. "Jo" <jo_ratner@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message news:7mUgc.2472$e4.1615@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net... > yes but it costs money. POP...

Outlook 2007, Drag Email Messages to Calendar with Attachement
I work in sales and when I send an order into our order department I receive an email reply with an SAP screen shot of the order. I then drag this email onto my calendar so I can keep track of my orders. This works well but the screen shot (an image file) is not included when I drag and drop therefore I have to go to the orginal email and copy and paste into the calendar entry that I dragged to the calendar. I would like to avoid this extra step. Any suggestions? Mike You can drag and drop with your right mouse button and choose to copy it as an appointment with an shortcut or attachment...

data error while opening files
when i open excel or word existing file i getting contents as "DATAError [47 0F 94 93 F4 K5]" instead of my saved data. pls help me solving. My all word & excel files are have same problem. ...

Link to database on intranet
I'm in the middle of converting all of our databases from Access 97 to XP. On our intranet, we have "links" to databases in 97. I can open the database from a shortcut with command lines. I am however unable to the command line options with the link. Just some additional information: I'm using IE 6.0, dual environment with Access 97 & XP, Windows 98, and FrontPage. Can someone help please? I've searched and I can't find a solution. Just a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! Kathy ...

Fatloss computer program
I have been using this computer program for a couple weeks now and i am very pleased with the results so far. its a software fatloss program, if your looking for a diet/weightloss plan i reccomend you check this place out first: http://fatloss9.50webs.com ...

web links are not active

Problem opening excel files
Problems opening excel files in Lotus Notes. I have Vista. when I try to open a spreadsheet in firefox - I keep getting this message, "excel file cannot be opened, because the associated helper application does not exist. Change the association in your preferences.? What should I do so I can open all excel files again? You have Lotus Notes and you have Vista Operating System installed. Do you have Excel installed? If so, right-click an Excel file........*.xls and "Open With" Point to Excel. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 4 Aug 2008 10:04:04 -0700, Scandy <Sca...

Word 2007 menu option missing from start programs menu
Office 2007 is installed on my computer and can only be accessed by going to the Recent Documents option and opening an existing doc. The menu selection for the program is missing from the MS Office option in the Start/All Programs menu. All other Office programs are listed. How do I get the Office 2007 program option to appear in the program menu again? ...

Reading emails and attachments when offline
I need to be able to read my emails and attachments when I am offline, as I don't always have access to the internet. Is this possible, and if so how do I do it? If you're using a Personal Folder (PST) file to hold your mail and it's stored on your machine then you should be able to access your mail while off-net. If you're attached to an Exchange Server you'll need to setup (or have someone setup) an Offline Folder (OST) file to hold your data for off-net use "bench2006" <bench2006@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11CB72AA-2869-4BB6...

multiple text boxes when pasting in text from other programs
When copying and pasting text from Outlook Express or other programs into a newly created text box, each paragraph is going into its own separate text box within the original text box. This did not happen in Publisher 2000. Is there a way to 'turn off' this automatic text box creation and allow an entire article to go in as pasted? Miss Mood wrote: > When copying and pasting text from Outlook Express or other programs > into a newly created text box, each paragraph is going into its own > separate text box within the original text box. This did not happen > in Publi...

Outlook Printing cutting off margins of emails.
This is weird and I've tried everything short of reinstalling outlook. Out of the blue last week, a users outlook started printing too wide and cutting off text on the left margin. This only occurs on her local printer, not on any of the networked printers. I have gone through and changed drivers, and reset defaults and anythign else I can think of but no results. Any Ideas or pointers would be apreciated. Thanks Was IE 7 recently installed? There are issues with IE7 and printing in outlook. "Docwatmo" <nospammy.dwatson@linncountyrec.com> wrote in message ne...

Excel file crashes when opened for certain users only
Got a shared xl file sitting on a share on the network. Two teams have the exact same access to this share. One team can open the shared xl file without error. With the other group, trying to open this file crashes Excel. Both teams use the same pc build and have the exact same access to the same share. Affected users can open other xl files from same share, just this one xl file that won't load for them, but will for others. This is driving me nuts Any advice? RoJoBo Clean temp files, temp internet files on the pc that crashes "RoJoBo" <anonymous@discussions.mi...

Outlook 2010 crashes upon opening Email
Outlook 2010 crashes upon opening the second Email (and all subsequent). Only noted on my Thinkpad t61, not on my desktop with similar configuration. Uninstalled Office 2007 before installing Office 2010 in all cases. Reinstallation does not help. poppakarl wrote: > Outlook 2010 crashes upon opening the second Email (and all subsequent). > > Only noted on my Thinkpad t61, not on my desktop with similar configuration. > Uninstalled Office 2007 before installing Office 2010 in all cases. > > Reinstallation does not help. Forums for Microsoft Office 201...

Unable to run any programs
I have a serious problem on my PC and wondered if anyone had any ideas. I re-booted my PC and after it came back up there were no icons in the system tray. When I tried to run any program from my task bar or desktop the system displayed the window which asks which program you would like to use to open the file (even though the files are all exe). I can open Word, Excel, PPT by double clicking on a relevant file(.doc .ppt .xls). however I can't open Outlook by clicking on a .pst file. I also can't run things from the 'run" window (like regedit, ipconfig etc). Als...

#VALUE error when linking to other files
I have a summary sheet that pulls info from approx 10 other excel files. In one column of the summary sheet, the links perform just fine. Each cell in this column is the sum of an entire column in another workbook. When I open the summary page and choose "yes" to update with new information, everything works properly. However, in the same worksheet as this, I have another column where each cell is the result of a SUMIF where the data comes from another workbook. The odd part that I cannot understand is why when I open the summary sheet and update the information do all the cells...