Programmation error in Finnish version of Outlook

I have made a program that updates shared calendars (using Outlook 2002 /
Exchange Server). It works fine on my english computer. When I tried to run
it on a Finnish computer, I got this error: "Ehdon orminaisuus Categories ei
kelpaa", which means something like "Condition Property Categories is not
applicable". This seems to be thrown when I start deleting old calendar
entries. However, I can't debug it since that computer doesn't have VS.Net
installed. I do use the Categories property of the appointments; I set it to
"MIMOSA" in order to track it back when deleting old entries. By using
Outlook UI, I can delete appointments, create appointments and set the
category to that value without any problem. To me, this seems to be a bug
with the Finnish version of Outlook. Does anyone have a solution?

Thank you very much!

Etienne Charland

You might want to show any portion of your code that uses the Categories
property.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"Etienne Charland" <etienne.charland_nospam@seamk.fi> wrote in message
> I have made a program that updates shared calendars (using Outlook 2002 /
> Exchange Server). It works fine on my english computer. When I tried to
run
> it on a Finnish computer, I got this error: "Ehdon orminaisuus Categories
ei
> kelpaa", which means something like "Condition Property Categories is not
> applicable". This seems to be thrown when I start deleting old calendar
> entries. However, I can't debug it since that computer doesn't have VS.Net
> installed. I do use the Categories property of the appointments; I set it
> "MIMOSA" in order to track it back when deleting old entries. By using
> Outlook UI, I can delete appointments, create appointments and set the
> category to that value without any problem. To me, this seems to be a bug
> with the Finnish version of Outlook. Does anyone have a solution?
>
> Thank you very much!
>
> Etienne Charland

0
suemvp (4039)
2/17/2004 2:07:06 PM
This is the C# code for deletion of old appointments, where the exception is
thrown.

Outlook.MAPIFolder Calendar =
olNamespace.GetSharedDefaultFolder(olNamespace.CreateRecipient(row.OutlookUs
er), Outlook.OlDefaultFolders.olFolderCalendar);
string Filter = string.Format("[Start] >= '{0}' AND [End] <= '{1}' AND
[Categories] = 'MIMOSA'", scheduleStartDate.ToString("d"),
scheduleEndDate.ToString("d"));
Outlook.Items Items = (Outlook.Items)Calendar.Items;
Outlook.AppointmentItem Item = (Outlook.AppointmentItem)Items.Find(Filter);
while (Item != null) {
    Item.Delete();
    Item = (Outlook.AppointmentItem)Items.FindNext();
}

Etienne

"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message
> You might want to show any portion of your code that uses the Categories
> property.
> --
> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
> Author of
>      Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
>      Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
>      http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx
>

> "Etienne Charland" <etienne.charland_nospam@seamk.fi> wrote in message
> > I have made a program that updates shared calendars (using Outlook 2002
/
> > Exchange Server). It works fine on my english computer. When I tried to
> run
> > it on a Finnish computer, I got this error: "Ehdon orminaisuus
Categories
> ei
> > kelpaa", which means something like "Condition Property Categories is
not
> > applicable". This seems to be thrown when I start deleting old calendar
> > entries. However, I can't debug it since that computer doesn't have
VS.Net
> > installed. I do use the Categories property of the appointments; I set
it
> > "MIMOSA" in order to track it back when deleting old entries. By using
> > Outlook UI, I can delete appointments, create appointments and set the
> > category to that value without any problem. To me, this seems to be a
bug
> > with the Finnish version of Outlook. Does anyone have a solution?
> >
> > Thank you very much!
> >
> > Etienne Charland

Batch Recovery error...missing script message?
A user is posting a batch to the RM series (she does this all the time so this is nothing new). Receives a "posting interrupted" message on the master posting screen. We went to batch recovery and marked it and did a continue, but it still did not post. It returns the message: Script 'RM_Post_Validate_GL_Dist_DocType_0_Ex' not found. I checked the SY00500 table for the company and the entry is there. It looks "normal" as far as I can tell. There is no batch entry for it in the Dynamics SY00800 table. I don't know if that's an issue or not. I t...

Viewing error: can only see in Full Screen
Hi all, TIA for the help. I've had 2 users in the last month or so say that when they open their sheet, it only displays a grey screen. Once i flip it to View > Full Screen, the sheet comes up. Any solutions? Thanks, Kevin M ...

Outlook 2000 Contacts #2
I had to reinstall my Windows 2000 operating system, where the operating systems was affected not my files. But my problem is that all of my contacts are no longer in my outlook, which is understandable, but what is the name of the file that maintains the Outlook contacts so that I can tranfer that file to my new outlook. I would greatly appreciate the assistance. Thank you. Do not import, use File->Open. The file has a .pst extension. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus...

Outlook, web error
I am having a problem sending an attachment while using web outlook. It shows error on page, and will not allow me to send an attachment. Also I have a calander item that is blank that keeps coming up, and error message, script error, want to keep running script on this page?? FYI, just installed SP2, still didn't fix it. Any ideas? ...

Code Error
Hi.. Would someone please tell me what is wrong with the code below. I get the error message of "there is an invalid use of the .(dot) or ! operator or invalid parentheses. Thanks in advance! CurrentDb.Execute "INSERT INTO tblProjectAssignment (EmpID, SupID, " & _ "ProjectID, ProjectSupID, InsertDate, EffectiveDate, Logon) " & _ "VALUES (" & lstSelectEmp.Column(0) & ", " & _ cboCurrentSupervisor.Column(0) & ", " & _ Chr$(34) & txtProjectI...

software programme
Hi all, Does anybody know of a software program (free or otherwise) that will enable me to be able to collect 'current balance' data from several online accounts I have (which are all password protected) and be able to collate all this information in an excel worksheet I am running windows xp (home edition) and excel 2000 (I think!) Thanks spanna ...

Outlook 2003 not opening???
Hi, I have a user that has outlook 2003 installed on her pc. For some reason, the only time she's able to open it is when she performs a reboot of her pc or she goes in the task manager and end the process there. Once she's in, if she closes it out and tries to get back in it, the hourglass would appear for a few seconds then disappear without it opening. When she reboots her pc and tries to open it, she'll receive a message saying that it wasn't shut down properly and that she can go into outlook safe mode to log in (At this point she can select yes or no). Select...

Econnect error
In requester enabler/disabler, I define the connection string ie server name, give user name (sa) and password, flag save password checkbox, select database (TWO) and then click OK. Nothing appears on any of the tabs in requester enabler/disabler. How do I get this list to be populated? I also tried clicking on Load button. When I click Load on this window, I get an error 'Run time error 3265. Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal'. Got it. Reinstall did it. >-----Original Message----- >In requester enabler/disabler, I ...

Outlook Speeling
My grandma was typing a message in Outlook Express (ver. 6) and she tried to use the spelling tool, but it didn't work. The button is grayed out and the option on the menu is grayed out too. The F7 key doesn't work either. I can't figure out whats wrong. Does anyone have any advice? Send all help to: lil_hanyou_boy@hotmail.com. Thanks for the help in advance. Barret Rennie wrote: > My grandma was typing a message in Outlook Express (ver. > 6) and she tried to use the spelling tool, but it didn't > work. The button is grayed out and the option on the menu > is...

How to save & transfer email from Outlook to new computer
I'm trying to export my current email from Microsoft outlook to outlook on my new computer. I try to use export but does not work. Please provide detailed instructions. Thanks Are you using Exchange Server or a local Personal Folders file? Could you elaborate on "does not work?" What are you trying and what does not work? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06d201c3ab60$d4923e70$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I'm trying to export my current email from Microsoft > outlook to outlook on my new comp...

ERROR 1309.Error reading from file: C:\Bundle\Money\iue\msaac01.wav
Money 2004 came with my PC, shortly after my initial use and during one of Money's updates it had an "issuue". I then told me to reinstall Money because one of it's files was corrupt. I uninstalled Money and tried to reinstall money using the emachines "Restore disk" bhut it only installed the UK version. I then unistalled that and used XP' s restore feature and took the PC back before all of this started. Now on my initial use of windows I get "ERROR 1309.Error reading from file: C:\Bundle\Money\iue\msaac01.wav". Verify that the file exists and...

Fixed Assets Retire & undo Retire Errors
I get the following message when retiring a Fixed Asset: Return Code 16 (End of File) on Script FA_Retire_Asset. and, then, the FA Inquiry shows the Asset Status as Retired. Now, when I go to Retire Undo to retire this asset; I get the following error: Return Code 2 on script FA_Get_Period_Info. Date: 0/0/0000 The error Log displays the following: 2/10/2006 6:37:23 PM FA_Get_Period_Info Return Code 2 on script Calculate_GL_Period Date: 0/0/0000 How do I fix these errors so it would unretire and then retire wothout any errors. Hey Shariq, It is a pleasure to switch roles...

Outlook 2007 lost connection via VPN
Hi there, Vista Business Primium with Outlook 2007, SBS 2003 server, Exchange account. When an user is working from home and using VPN connection, the user would use server share folders without problem but all the emails are sitting in the outbox and not sending at all and the bottom right hand corner has this Connected, Disconnect, Trying to connect coming up. Tried all I would at work trying to use a dial up to fix the problem, just cannot do it. The problem just there but once connect to the domain either wireless or though cable, the mails just went in a flash. Anyone experience ...

Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
Respected, I need your help. I cant find answer from my gmail account settings searching the provided error in subject area. The problem I have is that I can't send e-mails through my Outlook Express 2003 but I can receive them. Anny suggestions? Thank you in advance. Here's two suggestions: 1. Post the complete error message. 2. Setting up Outlook Express to access Microsoft newsgroups http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/outlookexpressnewreader.htm Lina wrote: > Respected, > I need your help. I cant find answer from my gmail account settings > searching the provi...

Outlook Express and attachments #2
When I try to open some (not all) emails with attachments, I get the message "OE (Outlook Express) removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail". I was able to open these attachments via my ISP's web- browser, so there wasn't a problem before. Any ideas why this is happening? Thanks, Rich "Rich" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:029501c3d634$4d5ab6e0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to open some (not all) emails with > attachments, I get the message "OE (Outlook Express) > removed access to th...

gmail with outlook
Hi, I use OL2007in my home office. When I'm out of the office, I check my email with browser-based email access from my ISP, Cablevision, but can see only messages that have come in since I was last in the office. (I've set the account up as POP so the messages are downloaded to my home computer when I use OL at home.) I'd like to be able to see every message I've saved, and my calendar and my task list no matter where I am. If I were to use gmail instead of OL, I could do all of those things but I'd lose functionality such as the Send to OneNote button ...

Opportunity for MFC Programmer
We have a possible opportunity for an experienced MFC programmer to work on our application for the contract flooring industry. you can learn more about our product and the programming requirements at http://www.getcallidus.com/Programmer.aspx Many thanks Phil Cunningham ...

Hotmail in Outlook 2003 #2
Hi all, I'm using MS Office Outlook Professional 2003 on XP SP2. question, is it possible to have my Hotmail go to my Personal Folders inbox? The reason I ask, is that when the mail goes into my hotmail inbox, it doesn't show me if I've replied, forwarded, or anything. It just shows the email. Sadly, it's not a HUGE deal, but it's a real nuisance to try and figure out if I've replied or not. Sometimes I "THINK" that i've responded, only to find out that I haven't. The only resaon I ask, is that i accidentally drug an email from hotmail to my pers...

Excluding Error Values
In an Excel chart I have data linked to an MS Access query. The number of rows and columns for the query may vary. To cover this, I have pasted over a larger area of cells that I am likely to receive rows/columns in Access. I now want to plot this data on a chart. When selecting the data source for the graph as the full potential range of cells from the Access query, the graph plots the #N/A values which result from the cell range being large than the Access query. How can I get the chart to ignore the #N/A values like it can be set to ignore zero values? First, the chart cannot be set...

Madoff programmers were a modest bunch...and what language did they use?
Look at the modest amounts these guys were asking for. They had Madoff by the short hairs, could have asked for upwards of $10M each and afforded to retire to a docile Third World country, but instead wanted a pittance of $60k extra. At that price, you are getting all of the downside of getting caught with none of the upside. Poor programmers, literally, clueless as usual. I wonder what language they used...do they still develop in COBOL? RL "The computer codes and random algorithms they allegedly designed served to deceive investors and regulators and concealed Madof...

NO one has an idea???... ERROR on send/receive
"VMS Tech" <vmstech@digitalweb.net> wrote in message news:... > I get an error on send/receive that says.... > > "Can't create user output file" > > That stops me from sending or receiving any mail. > > Any idea's??? > > > Thanks, > > ...

outlook hangs
Iam using outlook 2000 with win2k configured as corporate&workgroup. Suddenly my outlook starts hanging, i tried removing the profile and readding it without the pst file, but still it hangs. Iam not facing this problem if i add someothers mailbox. Can anyone help how to solve this? Regards,. KLM Just for information : This problem disappears when running outlook with /safe parameter. However, I couldn't find what is the reason ??? >-----Original Message----- >Just a question, are you using rules that move messages >from inbox to another folder? I am facing hangin...

Outlook still crashing post Update Rollup 2 being installed
A few of my users, not all, are having Outlook crash on them. The errors read, "Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.8118.0, stamp 456628bf, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, stamp 00000000, debug? 0, fault address 0xffffffff. I have applied update rollup 2 on all my clients. When I look at the version of crmaddin.dll, it reads 3.0.5300.1558, which I believe is the latest. I'm not sure what to try next. Has anybody had problems AFTER installing update rollup 2. Most people say all their Outlook crashing problems were fixed after installing this update,...

histogram error
i am trying to create a histogram. everytime i put in the input range i get an error saying input range must be a contiguous reference. also i am trying to go from one sheet to another which it keeps telling me that that name is not valid. anyone got some ideas In article <CBE56DB4-6369-4A10-8E7F-802DD3A5558E@microsoft.com>, orm@discussions.microsoft.com says... > i am trying to create a histogram. everytime i put in the input range i get > an error saying input range must be a contiguous reference. also i am trying > to go from one sheet to another which it keeps telling...

Registry Errors, how to fix?
On using OneCare registry Clean i get the following errors File type associations (4 errors, 0 skipped) Error Items HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.cda HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\FileExts\.wmd HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.wms HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.wmz I would like to know how do i fix these errors --- arico You don't. Just leave them alone as is. It will do not harm and will not slow down the system -- Peter Please Re...