Program trying to access Outlook

I just upgraded my Office XP Pro from the Microsoft
Security site. But now, whenever I try to create a new e-
mail message, I get the warning that a program is trying
to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. I
click no....ie not allowing this, and the new message
window opens. However, I keep getting error messages and
requests to report errors to Microsoft. This never
happened prior to up Office Upgrade. Any ideas what this
is? Thanks.
0
anonymous (74721)

"bill h" said in news:17f7c01c419fa$8dcb5d10$a401280a@phx.gbl:
> I just upgraded my Office XP Pro from the Microsoft
> Security site. But now, whenever I try to create a new e-
> mail message, I get the warning that a program is trying
> to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. I
> click no....ie not allowing this, and the new message
> window opens. However, I keep getting error messages and
> requests to report errors to Microsoft. This never
> happened prior to up Office Upgrade. Any ideas what this
> is? Thanks.

Sounds like you have an add-in that isn't compatible with the Office
update.

    Tools -> Options -> Other -> Advanced

Check what you have for COM plug-ins and Add-Ins.

Post replies to newsgroup.  Share with others.  E-mail not accepted.

no-email76 (24)
4/4/2004 4:18:45 AM

Thank you. The add in manager has 2 items checked -
Exchange Extensions property pages and Windows CE
Support - and the only available buttons are OK or
Install.

The Com Add Ins box has nothing in it. What do you
suggest? Thanks.

Bill H

_____________
>Post replies to newsgroup.  Share with others.  E-mail
not accepted.
_____________

>.

0
anonymous (74721)
4/4/2004 5:38:55 PM
"anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" said in

> Thank you. The add in manager has 2 items checked -
> Exchange Extensions property pages and Windows CE
> Support - and the only available buttons are OK or
> Install.
>
> The Com Add Ins box has nothing in it. What do you
> suggest? Thanks.

Have you tried starting Outlook in its safe mode ("outlook.exe /safe")?
That won't load any add-ins.  If it still fails the same way in safe
mode (and no add-ins loaded) then the problem is elsewhere.  If safe
mode gets rid of the problem, you can uncheck all the add-ins and
restart Outlook.  Then reenable each add-in and restart Outlook to check
for which add-in the problem reappears.

0
no-email76 (24)
4/5/2004 6:18:02 AM
"anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" said in

> Thank you. The add in manager has 2 items checked -
> Exchange Extensions property pages and Windows CE
> Support - and the only available buttons are OK or
> Install.
>
> The Com Add Ins box has nothing in it. What do you
> suggest? Thanks.

Have you tried starting Outlook in its safe mode ("outlook.exe /safe")?
That won't load any add-ins.  If it still fails the same way in safe
mode (and no add-ins loaded) then the problem is elsewhere.  If safe
mode gets rid of the problem, you can uncheck all the add-ins and
restart Outlook.  Then reenable each add-in and restart Outlook to check
for which add-in the problem reappears.

0
no-email76 (24)
4/5/2004 6:20:54 AM
"anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" said in

> Thank you. The add in manager has 2 items checked -
> Exchange Extensions property pages and Windows CE
> Support - and the only available buttons are OK or
> Install.
>
> The Com Add Ins box has nothing in it. What do you
> suggest? Thanks.

Have you tried starting Outlook in its safe mode ("outlook.exe /safe")?
That won't load any add-ins.  If it still fails the same way in safe
mode (and no add-ins loaded) then the problem is elsewhere.  If safe
mode gets rid of the problem, you can uncheck all the add-ins and
restart Outlook.  Then reenable each add-in and restart Outlook to check
for which add-in the problem reappears.

0
no-email76 (24)

Communications Between Program and Controlling Program
Hi All, I'm looking for feedback on the best way to code communications between Programs. The architecture we are looking at is similar to Symantec AV or others - a control program sends messages to the worker program on a different machine. The worker program communicates back when complete (with a result), and gets another chunk of work. The messages will be small. What will be communicated is as follows: Control Program: Control Program Start Control Program Stop (Worker queues messages) Control Program sends a piece of work when requested Worker Program: Worker Program Start Worke...

Outlook 2007 not getting new emails on first start up.
Hi there news group :-) We have a Exchange 2003 setup (SBS) with Outlook setup to use RPC over HTTPS and it works fine, most of the time. But sometimes we have an issue with some users not getting new emails. Outlook apears to be connected to Exchange, but it does not update. It appears to happen only when the user starts outlook first time after login. The solution for the user is to restart outlook, then the new email gets delivered. The problem is both on our XP and Vista clients. Outlook is updated with SP2 We use Panda Antivirus on the clients...

oe removed access to the following....
oe removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail: that is what I see every time I send an attachment. 1 is it just on my end or does the person i am sending the email also recieve this? 2 is there something wrong? 3 how do i get rid of any OE restrictions? ...

Running another program
Is it possible to run another program from within excel? The software I use at work is very repetitive and requires the same key-sequences entered many times. I got a key logger to help automate this so now I just press one key and the key logger will play back the sequence I recorded. I now want to be able to call the key logger from excel with a parameter to automate things further. Excel has its own macro recorder. Why not use it? "Stephen Miller" <StephenMiller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:669A213C-F604-424D-A640-D90BEEDB83BC@mic...

Cannot Copy/Paste to some programs
I am using XP Home Edition and Word 2003 and Firefox browser. I find that, even though I can copy/pate between word.docs I cannot copy/paste to a Moonfruit website that I am building. I am in touch with moonfruit and it has them baffled. They are able to copy/paste to my website with no problem. I also find I cannot copy/Paste URLs from Firefox to IE browser. Any ideas? Thanks On 5 June, 15:45, Merryterry <ter...@fsmail.net> wrote: > I am using XP Home Edition and Word 2003 and Firefox browser. > > I find that, even though I can copy/pate between word.docs I ...

Outlook Stationery
I would like to create stationery for my Outlook emails. Upon viewing the mundane samples included with Outlook, several questions come to mind. The HTML code is list below for your reference. Why do these samples include the id, "ridTitle" or "ridBody"? The style sheet does not apply any attributes to this ID. A quick Google did not lead me to the answer. Could someone explain if style attributes could be applied to reply text? In other words, when you hit the reply button, Outlook display the quote text with either greater than character or a message header. How do you...

From Outlook 2010 to another program
Following a reply from Microsoft ("we know about your problem, we are working on it but currently we don't have a solution") I need to start using a different program until the problem is solved. O.S. is Seven, which is the best way to move all mails/accounts/contacts to something different? I read that Windows Live Mail doesn't import messages so I need to move to something out of Microsoft... -- /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ T /-\ -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- - -=- >>>>> http://www.bb2002.it :) <<<<< ............ [ al lavoro ] ......

Outlool 07-Cannot open email moved from outlook to desktop or fold
In Outlook 03 I was able to move email from the mailbox to my desktop or to specific folders. In Outlook 07 when I move/drag email from Outlook mailbox the emails will not open. I don't get any error message. cpstarfinder <cpstarfinder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In Outlook 03 I was able to move email from the mailbox to my desktop > or to specific folders. In Outlook 07 when I move/drag email from > Outlook mailbox the emails will not open. I don't get any error > message. Is this a MSG file on disk, then? If you have Google Desktop Search, uninsta...

Trying to achieve defined format with any Excel
The goal is to have a spreadsheet that can have text inserted really easily and have the cell/textbox/label autosize to the text size, and have it impossible to insert text behind this so it stays neat. I am probably going to use a text box to set up the first section... If it can be done with any version of Office it's okay, but it is preferrable to get it done with Excel 97 as this is the software in use at my workplace. 1) Can it be done? 2) If so, how? 3) If not, is it possible to get close to this? -- Striker475 ----------------------------------------------------------------...

Outlook Express 6 #43
When I try to use Outlook Express, I get the following error messages: The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. The host 'POP3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. How do I find the server name? "Derek" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:684701c4757e$0ecb7380$a401280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to use Outlook Express, I get the following > error messages: > > The host 'SMTP' could not be fo...

OWA access #3
Recently installed MS Exchange 2003. Problem is that I can access OWA from the server where exchange is installed but not from workstation. I have two domain, one is NT and one is 2003. The workstation is member of NT. When I type in \\server\exchange in browser on workstation it give me an error "page cannot be displayed". When I use IP address of the server then login prompt is displayed but after typing in user name and password, i get same error. Ping for the server works fine and DNS seems to be OK. I have gone thru the article on support site to check the rights a...

Outlook 2003 #357
When I recieve an email. I click in email to go to site recommened to view the information I get a pop up window that ask "Locate Link Browser" How do I fix this? I am a newbe. "gonzo44" <gonzo44@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA8E685F-EFAE-434F-A25A-CF08CAEAA54C@microsoft.com... > When I recieve an email. I click in email to go to site recommened to > view > the information I get a pop up window that ask "Locate Link Browser" How > do > I fix this? I am a newbe. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=821692 -- Bri...

Unnecessary messages from the outlook program + ...
Hi there... When I've pressed "send and recieve" and waited... there are two messages from the program which I think should not be necessary and could be dispensed with possibly ?? Message 1. says, new mail has arrived would you like to read it now. Message 2. says, it has been moved. we know that the email messages that it's refering to are spam and have duly been put into the norton antispam folder... so why are these messages necessary and how do we configure to get rid of them. when I press "send and recieve" at the beginning I would like to see and read em...

Removed Accounts but Outlook Still Trys to Send/Receive to them
I removed 3 obselete email accounts from Outlook 2007. It appeared to work because they are no longer in the account list. However Outllook keeps asking for the password for those accounts every time it replicats. It is maddening. Any ideas on how to fix? Did you remove them using the mail applet in the Control Panel? "Joey" <Joey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E31FE1FC-802C-436C-B850-1105F22B9464@microsoft.com... > I removed 3 obselete email accounts from Outlook 2007. It appeared to work > because they are no longer in the accoun...

Regarding option in the Microsoft Outlook Client
I am having trouble tracking my emails in CRM. The track in CRM button exists but the regarding no longer exists. I see the regarding for other options like appointments but I can't attach or promote an email to CRM. I have tried pressing the "track in CRM" button and then opening the email but I still do not see the regarding button. Any ideas and thank you. Angela ...

access 2003 forms not workin access 2007
I have a routine that uses data from a form. Each time I run it, it asks for input on any field contained in the form. If I open the form then manually run the query it works fine. When I let it run throught the code, it cannot see the fields. Your suggestions are greatly appreciated. Patrick Patrick Hatton <Patrick Hatton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a routine that uses data from a form. Each time I run it, it asks for >input on any field contained in the form. > >If I open the form then manually run the query it works fine. When I...

Outlook Setup #6
I am posting this again because I don't think it was posted correctly before. Hello all We are using Ghost at work to image laptops but once that is done we have to configure each laptop for each user. My question is... is there a way to configre Outlook 2000 in either VB or some kind of Outlook wizard with out having to click on 10 different screens, i just want to save some time and use some kind of automation. Thanks John ...

Preview Word/Excell File on Access Form
I have created a form for previewing files stored on my computer. I have a textbox that contains the entire link (C:\Directory\File.extension) to the files I would like to preview. I was able to add a picture control to the form and added code to make the image (from the text box) appear on the form. I would like to do the same thing with word and excel files. I think I would have to use an unbound OLE object?, but I don't know how to set up the code. I will use a Select Case structure based on Right(textbox, 3). What code do I need to input under the case for "doc...

Public Folder Access #4
To grant public folder access to a group of users in Exch2003, do I need to add each user in client permission? Or I could use the directory permission? Regards, Norman You would set the Client permissions. You can also add groups instead of individual users. In order to grant permissions to a group, the group must be a mail-enabled security group. You can try using a mail-enabled distribution group, but Windows will attempt to automatically convert it to a security group. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Norman Zhang" <norm@realbox.com> wrote in message news:OixBl8L...

Fatloss computer program
I have been using this computer program for a couple weeks now and i am very pleased with the results so far. its a software fatloss program, if your looking for a diet/weightloss plan i reccomend you check this place out first: http://fatloss9.50webs.com ...

Word 2007 menu option missing from start programs menu
Office 2007 is installed on my computer and can only be accessed by going to the Recent Documents option and opening an existing doc. The menu selection for the program is missing from the MS Office option in the Start/All Programs menu. All other Office programs are listed. How do I get the Office 2007 program option to appear in the program menu again? ...

Accessing Document in SDI
How do I access the document from the main frame in an SDI application? GetActiveDocument: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-US/library/cdc4chb3.aspx --- Ajay ...

multiple text boxes when pasting in text from other programs
When copying and pasting text from Outlook Express or other programs into a newly created text box, each paragraph is going into its own separate text box within the original text box. This did not happen in Publisher 2000. Is there a way to 'turn off' this automatic text box creation and allow an entire article to go in as pasted? Miss Mood wrote: > When copying and pasting text from Outlook Express or other programs > into a newly created text box, each paragraph is going into its own > separate text box within the original text box. This did not happen > in Publi...

Accessing calender after migration
Hi, Recently we performed a migration from one Exchange organization to another (different 2003 domains as well). We used ExMerge to move over the mailboxes and did so even with the resource mailboxes (ex Conferencing Rooms). Now our users cannot view bookings made before the migration when using Outlook/"Plan a meeting". When opening the resource mailbox the booking is still there tough. Any idea on how to update this information to be able to be seen in Outlook "Plan a meeting"? Thanks ...

Outlook 2003 Signature #4
WHen I go to send a new email, reply or forward and email the paragraph characters are showing up in my signature. How do I change it so that these do not show up? It just started yesterday. Thanks Cntr+shift+* --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, ftwomey@gmail.com asked: | WHen I go to send a new email, reply or forward and email the | paragraph characters are showing up in my signature. How do I change | it so th...